PDA

View Full Version : Honest Opinion: What'd you think of Tiago's limited minutes tonight?

Man In Black
02-04-2011, 01:28 AM
I thought he stood tall, fought hard, and drew a well-earned charge call on Bynum.
He didn't play bad at all. :toast

xmas1997
02-04-2011, 01:29 AM
Thought he did pretty damn good.

silverblk mystix
Tiago could have used more playing time...but you can't argue against dice...

Bonner---yes... but over dice...no.

jestersmash
I thought he played great defense given that his minutes have been so inconsistent all year.

Blackjack
02-04-2011, 01:30 AM
I think Pop's got to be encouraged not only with what he saw but the fact that he got to get a glimpse without having to reveal too much.

Win, win. :tu

peskypesky
02-04-2011, 01:30 AM
i really think Pop should play Tiago a but more

SequSpur
02-04-2011, 01:31 AM
.2 Fuck off...you're a douche bag...Splitter sucks. Attention whore, go back to spursreport.....

m33p0
02-04-2011, 01:31 AM
if nothing else, he can be really useful against bynum.

Man In Black
02-04-2011, 01:32 AM
I agree the wuss teardrop is whack, especially since it's not going in or getting blocked, but as long as he play this effectively, we should be content with that. Year 2... The improvement is on.

Man In Black
02-04-2011, 01:33 AM
.2 Fuck off...you're a douche bag...Splitter sucks. Attention whore, go back to spursreport.....

Look peeps...Sequ got out-sequ-ed!!!!

PAPER IT!!!!
:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Fabbs
I thought he stood tall, fought hard, and drew a well-earned charge call on Bynum.
yep

GabeIsGone
Defensively he has great feet and positioning, just lacks strength as he gets backed down by the heavier players.

Offensively hes been soft, and inefficient. Probably because hes rushing things because he gets so few minutes.

Passing is non-existent once he starts looking for his own shot.

Rebounding has been weak, again I think this may at least in part a strength issue.

cheguevara
he gets a solid B

SequSpur
Look peeps...Sequ got out-sequ-ed!!!!

PAPER IT!!!!
:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

you're still a douchebag eggroll... fuck off... stay off my jock homo. i will own you.

go back home.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-04-2011, 01:34 AM
He was pretty solid. Played a role like Shaq does for the Celtics...just body up and foul when you have to.

Arc
02-04-2011, 01:34 AM
he guarded bynum well, and you could tell bynum was trying really hard to rough him up. he's definitely not like pau gasoft. he also set some really nice screens.

Man In Black
02-04-2011, 01:35 AM
you're still a douchebag eggroll... fuck off... stay off my jock homo. i will own you.

go back home.

That's all you got?!?!?!

C'mon man, you and I both know...I'm original gangster. I was one of the few that got invited in hour 1.

SequSpur
02-04-2011, 01:36 AM
That's all you got?!?!?!

C'mon man, you and I both know...I'm original gangster. I was one of the few that got invited in hour 1.

lol...you're stupid.

Rummpd
02-04-2011, 01:37 AM
Posted same thing in game thread - Dice was the hero but on a per minute basis Splitter did well - got a charge some boards and manned up - not a big problem to have a 6 11 p guy with an upside sitting on the bench and still winning.

Man In Black
02-04-2011, 01:37 AM
Paper it!!!!

SequSpur
02-04-2011, 01:42 AM
Paper it!!!!

i don't know what that means...so it's very stupid...

word to the wise or dipshits like you...if you're gonna make a funny make sure it's funny.....

Spurs win, fo.

Spursmania
02-04-2011, 01:43 AM
I think Pop's got to be encouraged not only with what he saw but the fact that he got to get a glimpse without having to reveal too much.

Win, win. :tu

Thompson
02-04-2011, 01:45 AM
What's the deal with Bonner anyway? Any timetable for his return?

Cane
02-04-2011, 01:45 AM
He takes charges at a rate that even Big Baby and Derek Fisher would respect.

HarlemHeat37
02-04-2011, 01:46 AM
He played very well, much different than the first time he went up against Bynum, looked like he might have learned a thing or 2..experience obviously helps..

Hopefully Pop liked what he saw, Splitter will be needed on this road trip, especially while Bonner heals up at snail's pace..

thOOdee
02-04-2011, 01:47 AM
was thinking about posting same thread......
great minutes and weapon against the height of a mediocre bynum...thought he shoulda played more against him.....bynum could be a reall thorn just on height alone.

SequSpur
02-04-2011, 01:48 AM
He had no statistics in 4 minutes...lmao....good take todd...

awktalk
02-04-2011, 01:51 AM
He played 4 fucking minutes. Get off the guy's jock. He's a failure this year, hopefully next year will be better.

I still can't stop laughing at pwning the Fake show in their own building. Good buddy of mine was there in Spurs gear and said the place was silent while he was screaming GSG!!!

TD 21
02-04-2011, 01:53 AM
I think what you see it what you'll get. In other words, I don't think there's an increased role coming, but I do think there's a role, albeit a small one. More and more, I'm thinking Pop will use all five bigs against the Lakers in the playoffs. Splitter will play the least, though. Maybe only one 3-6 minute rotation in the 1st half, just to throw another big body at them for a few minutes.

I still don't know why he's guarding Bynum, though. Gasol is the obvious match-up for him and even Odom is (theoretically, at least) a better match-up for him.

Man In Black
02-04-2011, 01:55 AM
i don't know what that means...so it's very stupid...

word to the wise or dipshits like you...if you're gonna make a funny make sure it's funny.....

Spurs win, fo.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4946703&postcount=45

Tell Sequ to not book anything because he's smaller than an average Children's book.

From now on, he should just say PAPER IT, that way he can, at least, look over it.

C'mon now Sequ...don't make me call you your given name. You're better than that...I think.

duncan228
02-04-2011, 01:55 AM
...Splitter’s slow start after missing training camp with an injury set back that plan, and Popovich acknowledged the difficulty of working him back into the mix.

“You can’t play guys just to be playing them,” Popovich said. “You want to do well, and you owe it to your team to do the best job you can to try to win games.

“He hasn’t gotten the time we would have anticipated he would have gotten at the beginning of the year.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/02/04/tip-in-win-in-l-a-%e2%80%98dice%e2%80%99-as-nice-for-spurs/

Man In Black
02-04-2011, 01:56 AM
Question? Is drawing a charge on your opponent a stat?

Josepatches_
02-04-2011, 02:02 AM
Splitter is our best big behind Duncan.I'm pretty sure.I'm tired of see him playing in Spain.I hope he can find a role here before he leaves the team and becomes a new Scola.

MaNu4Tres
02-04-2011, 02:02 AM
Question? Is drawing a charge on your opponent a stat?

Dear MIB,

Didn't you know???

You're suppose to judge a player based on his points only.

Sincerely,

Clueless Spursfan

Man In Black
02-04-2011, 01:34 PM
More Splitter tonight. Ask Bynum how much of a pain in the ass DeMarcus Cousins & Samuel Dalembert are.

disciple
02-04-2011, 01:42 PM
He had no statistics in 4 minutes...lmao....good take todd...

Your degree of ignorance is only outdone by your misquided bravado.

Try having a civil and intelligent conversation once in a while.

mingus
02-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Splitter's first year is a lot like RJ's first year. i think next year he'll be prepared and know how he can fit in the offense. next year we'll see what we hoped we'd see from him this year. that said, i still think that in certain situation he can be valuable. like last night, i thought he played Bynum physical. i would've liked to see him against Aldridge too. i would like to see him for defensive purposes mainly; offensively, he's just not NBA-ready (but i believe next year he will make a quantum leap in that area).

also, one thing i've noticed: Splitter looks bigger. the Spurs staff has definitely put him on some sort of weight/muscle program.

DrSteffo
02-04-2011, 02:23 PM

This. No surprises since he is a good.

wildbill2u
02-04-2011, 03:20 PM
I couldn't figure out why Pop didn't give him another few minutes later in order to give the other bigs a blow before the closing minutes. He defended pretty well against the Laker front line and that's all you can expect out of a bench guy.

Hoops Czar
02-04-2011, 03:25 PM
He takes charges at a rate that even Big Baby and Derek Fisher would respect.

That's his shtick and nobody's going to take it away from him.

The Truth #6
02-04-2011, 03:28 PM
I think what you see it what you'll get. In other words, I don't think there's an increased role coming, but I do think there's a role, albeit a small one. More and more, I'm thinking Pop will use all five bigs against the Lakers in the playoffs. Splitter will play the least, though. Maybe only one 3-6 minute rotation in the 1st half, just to throw another big body at them for a few minutes.

I still don't know why he's guarding Bynum, though. Gasol is the obvious match-up for him and even Odom is (theoretically, at least) a better match-up for him.

I'm curious why you think Bynum is obviously the worse option. It's not like we have a lot of great options for guarding Bynum.

Mel_13
02-04-2011, 06:36 PM
:depressed Kori can you answer please? Tell me what i did wrong and will apologize and I promise I will not do this again. Please allow me back to edit posts and make threads.

easy7
02-04-2011, 07:05 PM
If Splitter could score more and knew his place in the court, he would be a lot better.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-04-2011, 07:27 PM
He needs to hit the weight room. That is what I see every time that he is in. He is smart and exceptionally quick but in the interior of an NBA game you have to be able to root out post players and you absolutely have to be strong in the upper body especially the shoulders to succeed.

His base is only okay but his biggest issue is that he loses control when banging for the rebound. He gets there and knows how and when to block out but when the rebound actually comes he gets bumped and cannot maintain control.

He is a work in progress and his potential is great. Really what he needs though is upper body strength. His presence on defense in the zone and on pick and rolls is a joy to watch. He just has an innate sense of spacing on the court.

quentin_compson
02-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Actually, I liked what I saw in the couple of minutes he played. He looked pretty decent on the defensive end against Bynum. There will be two more games against LA in the RS and I hope that Pop will give Splitter more minutes at least once.
Blair was great in the first game against the Lakers but he struggled last night. I still think that DeJuan would have a lot of problems in a series against those guys and I also think that Tiago would be a option that should at least be considered. He has size and good defensice instincts.

Hoops Czar
02-04-2011, 07:43 PM
If Splitter could score more and knew his place in the court, he would be a lot better.

If Ime Udoka could score more and play defense, he would be a lot better too.

Josepatches_
02-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Here come the fake Euro homer, lying trolls. Splitter was never 1/10 the player that Scola was in Spain. Just stop it already. Seriously, is that you Tiago?

Where are you from ?
That's all.

Josepatches_
02-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Splitter is our best big behind Duncan.I'm pretty sure.I'm tired of see him playing in Spain.I hope he can find a role here before he leaves the team and becomes a new Scola.

Bump

Hoops Czar
02-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Bump
Bump nothing... its the Kings in a blowout.

Josepatches_
02-05-2011, 12:14 AM
:toast

xmas1997
02-05-2011, 12:23 AM
Tiago playing really good. I like what I see.