PDA

View Full Version : If someone asked you before the series started

Kori Ellis
05-30-2005, 11:43 PM
Or before the playoffs started ...
Or before the season started ...

Would you take being up 3-1 on the Suns in the Western Conference Finals?

What would you say?

That's what I thought.

Simmer down.

Spurs in Five. :princess

Spurminator
05-30-2005, 11:44 PM
Spurs in 6...

And I'm glad I'll be out of town on Wednesday.

samikeyp
05-30-2005, 11:45 PM
Amen. I would take it.

And so would you! :)

Let's get Game 5.

smeagol
05-30-2005, 11:46 PM
5 would be cool.

6 would be better 'cause I win some vbucks.

But I would rather see this end on Wednesday.

HB22inSA
I would say, "the Spurs made it to the Conference Finals!!??"

I can't believe how worked up everyone gets after 1 loss.

ShoogarBear

What would you say?
I would say, "Did they lose game 4?"

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smispin.gif

Old School Chic
Spurs In 5

MaNuMaNiAc
05-30-2005, 11:47 PM
I bet on game 6, and I was EXTREMELY surprised at how on earth we could be getting a sweep. This scenario makes more sense, wether we like it or not. The suns are NOT a bad team, so we shouldn't be ashamed of loosing at least 1 game. Cry if we end up loosing the series, not now.

Xolotl
05-30-2005, 11:47 PM
It's b/c all those mofos took brooms to the SBC center. That is just bad mojo, I hold them responsible. :P

samikeyp
05-30-2005, 11:48 PM
Crying about the refs is weak. But quitting on your team is even weaker.

Truer words were never spoken.

E20
05-30-2005, 11:48 PM
I don't really care as long as we win. The only thing that has me riled up is we gave it away with coming so close after a playoff loss I usually know they're gonna come back stronger but, just the way the game was played tonight and I lost 5 bucks.
http://files.naiv.us/macros/OH%20SNAP/snap.gif

Spurgal
05-30-2005, 11:50 PM
Spurs will take It In 6.

SouthernFried
05-30-2005, 11:50 PM
We didn't sweep the team with the best record in the NBA...ahh, if only all my disappointments in life were like this ;)

ducks
05-30-2005, 11:58 PM
if you look at vbookie
atlot of people thought 6 games

unnosy
05-31-2005, 03:53 AM
i thought 6 games too, but 5 would be sweeter.
i actually wanted the suns to take one game though.
would 62 regular season wins be for nothing?

3rdCoast
05-31-2005, 03:55 AM
in six six six six six six

polandprzem
05-31-2005, 05:26 AM
I think maybe it's good to go to Phoenix play great game and win by Spurs basketball, on the road no celaebration just concentration before the Finals.

If it would be sweep in this game, sloopy game the spurs didn't know what are they standing on. And more defensive (if pistons) and more hungry East team could just surprise them in SBC.

So go play hard and keep the rythm...

GrandeDavid
05-31-2005, 06:23 AM
You've gotta give Phoenix credit. Nuff said. I'll take 3-1, and we all know that the Spurs always have to lose that occasional home playoff game. They lost one in the Denver series, none against Seattle, one against Phoenix, now hopefully none against Detroit/Miami.

Consider Wednesday Game 6, folks.

spur219
05-31-2005, 08:24 AM
Ya I would take 3-1. I never thought it would be a sweep but being up 3-0 I then figured it would. It's okay the Spurs will bounce back and beat the Suns in their homecourt.

nkdlunch
05-31-2005, 08:39 AM

that was my prediction from the beginning! :tu :D

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-31-2005, 08:39 AM
I'd ask why we weren't up 4-1. Then I'd probably gladly accept the 3-1 situation.

sa_butta
05-31-2005, 08:46 AM
I would say hell yeah Ill take it no questions asked. I like this thread, it really gets you thinking that Spurs fans expect so much out of our team. And some fans get so dissapointed when they have a bad game, but the truth is the Spurs are a great team and they had a off night last night, lets not jump to conclusions and give up. Stick with em, any true Spurs fan knows that we are very dangerous coming off a loss. We also have a great coach in Pop and he will make the proper adjustments for game five. The true Spurs fans come out after a loss, so keep the faith in your team.

Go Spurs Go

ObiwanGinobili
05-31-2005, 08:48 AM
I'd be very happy taking 3-1.. andthank oyu Kori for helping me see straight.

I'm brushing all anger and discontentment off my shoulders right now.

scrub scrub scrub...........

I am now extremely happy we are up 3-1 and am looking forward to a tremendous game 5 in PHX.

GO SPURS GO

spurster
05-31-2005, 09:04 AM
The Spurs didn't have to lose so I would get a good chance at valuable VBookie money.

Spurs in 5.

CaptainLate
05-31-2005, 09:06 AM
I would say, "the Spurs made it to the Conference Finals!!??"

I can't believe how worked up everyone gets after 1 loss.

If we lose the series because TD gets hurt in Games 5, 6 or 7, then you'll know why folks get worked up.

It's like an unearned run in baseball. E.g., in hindsight, had they beaten the Sonics in four or five Duncan would not have had a sprained left ankle to be concerned about. Now, if they lose Game 5, the pressure starts to mount in the back of their minds that if lose Game 6 at home (Suns now know they can win at SBC), then Game 7 is on the road with the home team knowing they can make NBA history like the Red Sox made MLB history last year. And even if we win the series with no further injuries, we now lose the rest we could have had.

In a perfect world, we win Game 5 and the ECF goes 7 so that we get 6 days before the start of the Finals. Perhaps we're not rusty as we would have been having 8 days off from sweeping the Suns.

But it's all conjecture at this point. What happens will happen and Deo gratias because of it. All I know is that I'm going to be sending my Guardian Angel to help the Spurs' Guardian Angels help their assignments wrap this up Wednesday.

spurschick
05-31-2005, 09:07 AM

What would you say?

All in all, this series has been a lot easier than the first two. The Spurs aren't having to deal with thug-ball and we simply had an off night. How can anyone complain being up 3-1? Maybe it's karma... the Spurs are supposed to close it out in Phoenix in front of the Suns owner. We got your varsity right here, fella.

CaptainLate
05-31-2005, 09:11 AM
I would say hell yeah Ill take it no questions asked. I like this thread, it really gets you thinking that Spurs fans expect so much out of our team. And some fans get so dissapointed when they have a bad game, but the truth is the Spurs are a great team and they had a off night last night, lets not jump to conclusions and give up. Stick with em, any true Spurs fan knows that we are very dangerous coming off a loss. We also have a great coach in Pop and he will make the proper adjustments for game five. The true Spurs fans come out after a loss, so keep the faith in your team.

Go Spurs Go

Pop should prevent the team from getting cold and having a bad 3Q by keeping them out on the floor during halftime and let them shootaround.

ctpsb
05-31-2005, 09:16 AM
I think maybe it's good to go to Phoenix play great game and win by Spurs basketball, on the road no celaebration just concentration before the Finals.

If it would be sweep in this game, sloopy game the spurs didn't know what are they standing on. And more defensive (if pistons) and more hungry East team could just surprise them in SBC.

So go play hard and keep the rythm...

I couldn't agree more. I was going to post exactly this thought.

Jimcs50
05-31-2005, 09:18 AM
I would ask how they got to that 3-1.

Scenario 1: Was it 3-0, then fold under pressure, losing game 4 and momentum at the same time, instilling doubt into their minds that Phoenix has solved the Spurs' defense?

Scenario 2: Was it win game 1, lose game 2, then win two at home in a dominant fashion?

Scenario 3: Was it lose game 1, then steamroll through them like they did against Denver in next 3 games?

I think given the choices, I choose the last scenario, you?

GopherSA
05-31-2005, 09:22 AM
Something kept going through my mind last night - despite the poor foul shooting, bad subbing and awful defense (hey, Big Shot Bob, get in the guy's face when he stops his dribble! I learned that in high school, guy!)

The series is getting great ratings. They'll even go higher with a longer series. Can you not imagine the hype:

Phoenix, on the brink of elimination, goes into the toughest arena in the NBA and pulls out a gritty victory. Can they win the fight of their lives?

Tune in tonight to see how the west is won (insert your cheesey cliche here).

There's money for NBA to make in prolonging the series.

Is that motivating the ref calls? Is Stern trying to extend the cash cow that is the WCF?

Jimcs50
05-31-2005, 09:23 AM
Is that motivating the ref calls? Is Stern trying to extend the cash cow that is the WCF?

Yes.

Ishta
05-31-2005, 09:24 AM
I too thought it would go to 6 games...But no way jose the Spurs have played this Suns team very well and have us up 3-1...I'm pretty happy about that scenario to be quite frank, and people need to calm the fuck down..........go spurs go

easjer
05-31-2005, 09:24 AM
You know, this does help put it in perspective. I originally thought five or six. It'll be five. We do want to be up 3-1. It just hurt to come out so flat footed after 3 spectacular games. But hell. Winning in five is still winning with a good rest.

Dex
05-31-2005, 09:26 AM
The Memorial Day Mishap
Starring Kori Ellis AS The Voice of Reason

Jimcs50
05-31-2005, 09:29 AM
As proof, Stern did not even have the Western Conference trophy with him last night. He had left it back in New York. He was overheard while he was talking to an associate prior to tipoff as saying:

"Oops, I forgot the damn thing." *sigh* " I left it on my dresser, oh well, I will make sure that it does not matter, we can run home tomorrow and bring it to Phoenix, nobody will be the wiser."

:)

easjer
05-31-2005, 10:33 AM
OK, I feel stupid for even asking, but you are joking, right? Or is this a source like Van Gundy's? I haven't been around long enough to pick up on everyone's posting styles.

Kori Ellis
05-31-2005, 10:35 AM
I would ask how they got to that 3-1.

No, you wouldn't have. You would have just taken it.
3-1 is a good position to be in no matter how they got there.

Onto game five.

1Parker1
05-31-2005, 10:35 AM
OK, I feel stupid for even asking, but you are joking, right? Or is this a source like Van Gundy's? I haven't been around long enough to pick up on everyone's posting styles.

That's Jim's idea of Joke :lol

Welcome, BTW.

themvp
05-31-2005, 10:36 AM
I`d really like to see Spurs in 5.

themvp
05-31-2005, 10:42 AM
Very interesting question!
Hmmm! I'll take 3-1 advantage any time, anywhere, anyhow...since TD will score 40 pts./capture 15 rebounds/make 5 assists/and give 3-5 blocks...this series is over in 5!...see ya'!...hasta la bye bye!...Next!
:spin

bigbendbruisebrother
05-31-2005, 10:46 AM

What would you say?

That's what I thought.

Simmer down.

Great post. They hysteria on this forum after any and every Spurs loss is more aggravating than the actual losses. Maybe if we win the title this year, a calm assuredness will grip the board and we'll yearn for days like these. I think not though. Until then, I guess we have to put up with screaming bloody murder about the games being rigged, Duncan being soft, Tony Parker needing to be traded, and Pop needing to be run out of town.

For my part, I'm going to try harder to not visit this forum after losses. The hand wringing is just too annoying.

Oh yeah, Spurs in 5 and I win vbookie.

easjer
05-31-2005, 11:14 AM
That's Jim's idea of Joke

Welcome, BTW.

I figured. Thanks! Spurs_fan_in_exile talked about it so much I figured I'd check it out once I had some free time from my other forums (mostly about The Amazing Race). It sucks to live in Houston and be a Spurs fan -- you guys back home don't know how good you have it!

Jimcs50
05-31-2005, 11:31 AM

Onto game five.

I got greedy.

:)

dcole50
05-31-2005, 11:42 AM
i predicted spurs in 6. i now stand by that prediction.

a little adversity isn't a bad thing. it'll prepare us for detroit or miami.

1Parker1
05-31-2005, 11:44 AM
I figured. Thanks! Spurs_fan_in_exile talked about it so much I figured I'd check it out once I had some free time from my other forums (mostly about The Amazing Race). It sucks to live in Houston and be a Spurs fan -- you guys back home don't know how good you have it!

Hey at least Houston is somewhat close. I live in the East Coast! Hard to find Spurs gear and Spurs fans around here!

Jimcs50
05-31-2005, 12:20 PM
I live in College Station, which is great because the Rockets are my "home" team and they are the ones that get blacked out on NBA League Pass, not my Spurs.

Jimcs50
05-31-2005, 12:23 PM

Onto game five.

I actually predicted the Spurs to be up 3-1, if you remember.

But alas, it sucks to be right all the damn time...I wanted to be wrong, just once, but I am just too damn good, for my own good sometimes.

:smokin

1Parker1
05-31-2005, 12:26 PM
I actually predicted the Spurs to be up 3-1, if you remember.

But alas, it sucks to be right all the damn time...I wanted to be wrong, just once, but I am just too damn good, for my own good sometimes.

:smokin

:lol MUST.............RESIST..........SARCASTIC........ .........RESPONSE.............

Jimcs50
05-31-2005, 12:37 PM
:lol MUST.............RESIST..........SARCASTIC........ .........RESPONSE.............

Bring it.

I can take it.

:lol

easjer
05-31-2005, 01:27 PM
Yeah, FoxSportsSW screws me over all the time. Spurs_fan_in_exile and I need to discuss getting NBA LeaguePass. . .

But east coast? *shiver* I can barely deal with Houston. . .

Jimcs50
05-31-2005, 01:45 PM
Yeah, FoxSportsSW screws me over all the time. Spurs_fan_in_exile and I need to discuss getting NBA LeaguePass. . .

But east coast? *shiver* I can barely deal with Houston. . .

League Pass is the best.

The good thing is, you will be blacked out only when Houston plays SA, but then you can pick it up on cable then, so no big deal.

50 cent
05-31-2005, 03:23 PM
League Pass is the best.

The good thing is, you will be blacked out only when Houston plays SA, but then you can pick it up on cable then, so no big deal.

Same thing happens to me here in Dallas when the Spurs play the Mavs, so I never miss a Spurs game.

Also, I just make myself stay away from here after a loss when people are crying conspiracy even though we missed 14,265,321 free throws and still almost won the game. It's rough on me too to lose and I have that "no confidence" feeling like we might just lose from here on out like everybody gets, but the negativity on this forum after a loss exponentially increases my depression after a loss. See you guys after game#5!

:drunk :smokin :drunk :smokin

Sense
05-31-2005, 03:26 PM
I think the only thing that pissed us off is the fact that we dominated them and we had a chance to sweep them and we didn't take it.

Instead they showed hunger for not being swept and they said they were gonna concentrate on that....

That pissed us off even more..knowing that what they said actually happened..

But worst of all...we saw our superstars not step up.

I think that's the main reason we got mad.