PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Ending The Series in Phoenix is Even Sweeter

milkyway21
05-30-2005, 11:59 PM
okay, guys.

Nobody really expected the Spurs to sweep the Suns, the top-seeded team in the league for this season.

We were amazed on how the Spurs even won the first two games on the road in Phoenix.

I just realized tonight's loss could even be making our team more poised to enter the NBA finals. Too much confidence could hurt us more. This is a wake up call for the team to take a closer look on its weaknesses(FTs), TOs, guard the perimeter...etc.etc.

Why I am not weary? Because i know we can close this out in 5 games. IN PHOENIX.. In front of the Suns fans, & in front of that "chicken" Suns owner Sarver.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/SAA135053100_lower.jpg
Phoenix Suns majority general partner Robert Sarver,

And nothing excites me more than that.

BELIEVE

kris
05-31-2005, 12:00 AM
Nice copper lining post.

Xolotl
05-31-2005, 12:00 AM
I just want to see all the little kids cry when they have to go home with a Phoenix loss.

:devil mwahahahahaha

milkyway21
05-31-2005, 12:10 AM
I just want to see all the little kids cry when they have to go home with a Phoenix loss.

:devil mwahahahahahaI BELIEVE IN THIS TEAM. THIS TEAM IS THE BEST.

ENJOY YOUR WIN SUNS, IT WON'T BE LONG. :smokin :smokin :smokin

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/SAA126053023_lower.jpg

You won't be seeing Duncan's face like this again. Ever.

Xolotl
05-31-2005, 12:12 AM
Not till the next time he goes 1 for 20 from the FT line. And, I'm a huge Timmy fan but damn thats his one flaw. But, it also seems like it's just mental. What do I know I've never taken a FT infront of millions of people

mavsfan1000
05-31-2005, 12:14 AM
[QUOTE=milkyway21]okay, guys.

Nobody really expected the Spurs to sweep the Suns, the top-seeded team in the league for this season.

We were amazed on how the Spurs even won the first two games on the road in Phoenix.

I just realized tonight's loss could even be making our team more poised to enter the NBA finals. Too much confidence could hurt us more. This is a wake up call for the team to take a closer look on its weaknesses(FTs), TOs, guard the perimeter...etc.etc.

Why I am not weary? Because i know we can close this out in 5 games.
Good post. I wish more spurs fans can realize that this will make us more battle tested and Detroit/Miami are the real challenge.

milkyway21
05-31-2005, 12:19 AM
[QUOTE=milkyway21]...Good post. I wish more spurs fans can realize that this will make us more battle tested and Detroit/Miami are the real challenge.yeah!

i'm just getting tired of reading, we shld trade who....after each loss. The Spurs played good. The Suns played better.

...just one loss guys!

WE ONLY NEED ONE WIN, THEN, we're in the Finals....AGAIN. :smokin

milkyway21
05-31-2005, 12:23 AM
he goes 1 for 20 from the FT line. :huh

i thought it was 3-12?

you sure?

Tom_Foolery
05-31-2005, 12:52 AM
Not happening.

Joe Johnson is back and they are playing in Phoenix with much more confidence.

If we don't close it out in Game 6, I think the Spurs could end up as the 1st team in history to be swept out after a 3-0 lead.

milkyway21
05-31-2005, 01:14 AM
Not happening.

Joe Johnson is back and they are playing in Phoenix with much more confidence.

If we don't close it out in Game 6, I think the Spurs could end up as the 1st team in history to be swept out after a 3-0 lead....i doubt if the Suns could sweep the Spurs.

hey the Spurs are 3-1 vs Suns. Only 1 more W.

This is NOT a 2-1. as in 2004.
And the Suns are not the Lakers. With 4 future
H-O-Famers-ShaQ,Malone, Kobe & Payton.

i don't know but :nope:nope:nope

Duncanoypi
05-31-2005, 01:17 AM
No worry....Spurs are spurs...and Suns is Suns not the Lakers...

milkyway21
05-31-2005, 01:31 AM
that's the spirit...Duncanoypi, :D

sad, we lost the Ms. U, too...

to Nash's fellow Canadian...

Tom_Foolery
05-31-2005, 01:37 AM
I hope not, but the Spurs being as mentally fragile & soft as they are, anything can happen.

JMarkJohns
05-31-2005, 02:30 AM
Phoenix is healthy and a hell of a home team (despite 0-2 record vs. Spurs sans JJ) and the Spurs, while even my pick to win the series is a great team, they are only good on the road.

I think SA wraps it up in Game 6.

Mr. Body
05-31-2005, 02:38 AM
I have seen no evidence whatsoever this postseason this 2005 Spurs team is mentally fragile and soft.

milkyway21
05-31-2005, 02:44 AM
I hope not, but the Spurs being as mentally fragile & soft as they are, anything can happen....well, Pops shld make adjustments. Duncan was double teamed by Amare and Joe Johnson and it was successful. Parker shld contribute more (he was 1-6 in the 3rd), didn't help either. Somebody must contribute more besides Manu. Could be Brent so, he must limit his early foul trouble woes. It's always like this...when Brent is in foul trouble & Parker gets much TOs, we can't get a decent lead. At least Brent can help with the ball.

mavsfan1000
05-31-2005, 02:50 AM
I have seen no evidence whatsoever this postseason this 2005 Spurs team is mentally fragile and soft.
Parker has shown signs of it throughout his career but this team is too good to be mentally fragile. If the teams were equal I would be more afraid.

Pandaemonaeon
05-31-2005, 03:09 AM
It would be even sweeter if someone pisses on D'Antoni's coffee and see his reaction. That's the only facial expression I have yet to see.

http://img280.echo.cx/img280/9500/pandafish2jp.gif

milkyway21
05-31-2005, 03:15 AM
It would be even sweeter if someone pisses on D'Antoni's coffee and see his reaction. That's the only facial expression I have yet to see.

http://img280.echo.cx/img280/9500/pandafish2jp.gifhey, Pops mentioned D'Antoni ripped his transition defense apart. So that makes 3 D'Antoni plays total? You said there were only 2. :lol

milkyway21
05-31-2005, 03:20 AM
I have seen no evidence whatsoever this postseason this 2005 Spurs team is mentally fragile and soft.exactly!

Pandaemonaeon
05-31-2005, 03:24 AM
hey, Pops mentioned D'Antoni ripped his transition defense apart. So that makes 3 D'Antoni plays total? You said there were only 2. :lol

What's the 3rd? Transition Defense Ripper?

http://img280.echo.cx/img280/9500/pandafish2jp.gif

Tom_Foolery
05-31-2005, 03:41 AM
exactly!

We lost a Seattle game shooting just a little over 50%.

There you go.

Rydia
05-31-2005, 02:45 PM
okay, guys.

Why I am not weary? Because i know we can close this out in 5 games. IN PHOENIX.. In front of the Suns fans, & in front of that "chicken" Suns owner Sarver.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/SAA135053100_lower.jpg
Phoenix Suns majority general partner Robert Sarver,

And nothing excites me more than that.

BELIEVE

Hey!
I wanted this from game1!!! I have been waiting for a Game 5 so we can finish it in front of their fans...that's much worse for Phoenix and I'll be there cheerin' on them Spurs!! Yahhooooo! I wanna give that owner guy a major booing! hehe

MiNuS
05-31-2005, 02:50 PM
I don't know whether beating the Suns at the SBC would surpass the sweetness of beating them in their arena.
I sure hope the Spurs all come out like Manu. Dagger in hand and ready to kill.

Xolotl
05-31-2005, 02:53 PM
:huh

i thought it was 3-12?

you sure?

Yeah I was just exaggerating. But it seems when he has trouble from the line, that the rim shrinks on him in the middle of the shot. There were times last night when he barely hit rim or not at all.

And I hate Phoenix always have always will.

F the Suns, F that owner, F the city manager, and F that whole city.

nkdlunch
05-31-2005, 02:59 PM
Phoenix is healthy and a hell of a home team (despite 0-2 record vs. Spurs sans JJ) and the Spurs, while even my pick to win the series is a great team, they are only good on the road.

I think SA wraps it up in Game 6.

:wtf

It's the other way around bro. Spurs = best home team. Suns = best road team.

milkyway21
06-01-2005, 12:35 AM
PHOENIX - Forget Jordanesque. Amare Stoudemire is conjuring up names at age 22 that Michael Jordan only could have read about, like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Oscar Robertson and Rick Barry.

Amare Stoudemire is doing things to the San Antonio Spurs and Tim Duncan that are more reminiscent of the battles Wilt Chamberlain had with Bill Russell. Chamberlain may not have been the winner that often, but no one ever could stop him.

"It's becoming, `OK, he got 30. Big deal,''' Suns coach Mike D'Antoni laughed after practice Tuesday. "And against one of the best defensive teams, against maybe the best player in the game.

...this is so funny!

Amare = Wilt? :lmao

see you guys in Phoenix!

Brutalis
06-01-2005, 12:48 AM
That takes the cake on something realistic happening here. GG.

GO SPURS!

milkyway21
06-01-2005, 01:01 AM
Taking it easy: The Spurs didn't practice Tuesday, but they met and watched film after arriving in Phoenix.

this is crazy:lmao

some fans went crazy after the loss and the TEAM WERE JUST TAKIN IT EASY...

:rolleyes

that's HOW confident they are.

Go Spurs!

milkyway21
06-02-2005, 01:28 AM
after game 5..........?????:lmao
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/PNA133060200_lower.jpg
sorry, Amare! You played good but the Spurs are better!
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/PNA132060201_lower.jpg

baseline bum
06-02-2005, 01:39 AM
Sarver and Del Negro are the only people affiliated with that organization that I don't like. Really, Del Negro's the only one who pisses me off that much. Sarver just talked smack and had it blow up in his face.

Nikos
06-02-2005, 01:44 AM
Why do you hate Vinny Del Black?

baseline bum
06-02-2005, 02:01 AM
For the same reason I hated Steve Smith. They sucked and were ridiculously overpaid.

SirChaz
06-02-2005, 02:09 AM
For the same reason I hated Steve Smith. They sucked and were ridiculously overpaid.

:lol

I loved Vinnie when he played for you guys.

milkyway21
06-02-2005, 03:32 AM
For the same reason I hated Steve Smith. They sucked and were ridiculously overpaid.don't worry if Miami (:angel), makes it to the NBA finals, you get to see Stevie again :lol

he'll visit SBC again.... :lol

Sense
06-02-2005, 03:35 AM
I never saw the "thanks for the season clap"

milkyway21
06-02-2005, 03:43 AM
Seriously though, the Spurs will look to stay sharp over the next eight days, but for the most part, will be taking it as easy as possible.

"It's a great time for us ... got a week until we get right back in the mix. Love a shorter time, but you can't beat that," said Tim Duncan. "Manu (Ginobili) is a little dinged up. I'm a little dinged up. Tony (Parker) could probably use a day or two with his knee. We're all going to take that time to heal, but also to stay as sharp as we can."

The key will obviously be Duncan, whose efforts on two bad ankles against 6-10 kangaroo Amare Stoudemire is a testament to his greatness. He averaged over 27 points with nearly 14 rebounds and shouldered the full blame the only time his efforts fell below par -- the lone game his team lost in the series.

"Once I got warm, it kind of went back and forth because my opposite ankle isn't healed either," Duncan said. "So I played through both of those."
:huh does it mean Duncan's NOT totally 100%, okay?

the rest of the story:
http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/8525359