PDA

View Full Version : Hollinger classic smackdown in favor of Paul and &^%$s on Rose and Bryant!

Rummpd
02-04-2011, 11:17 AM
9. Chatting About D-Rose
By John Hollinger
ESPN.com

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime

Blake (Chicago): Are you ready to call Derrick Rose the best point guard in the game yet?

John Hollinger: Did Chris Paul retire?

Phil (Chicago): No, Chris Paul didn't retire but his numbers are down across the board compared to two years ago. Live in the present, John.

John Hollinger: Which numbers? Turnovers? Missed shots? Paul is second in the NBA in PER. ... He's become the master of efficiency.

Mike (Chicago): I know you love PER, but it's YOUR made up stat. Why should fans trust it when clearly our eyes can tell us that D Rose is playing way better than Paul and when PER doesn't account for how a player has to play when teammates are hurt?

John Hollinger: I trust you reached this eye test after watching all the Hornets' games too?

Adnan (Chicago,IL): No.1 Rule of chats: Don't say anything but Derrick is best player alive!!

John Hollinger: I think he's actually surpassed Kobe when it comes to the Army of Unreasonably Enthusiastic Supporters.:lmao:lmao

ChrisRichards
02-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Agree with Hollinger though, Rose is the most hyped PG in the game right now but I think Paul is the better "Point Guard".

hitmanyr2k
02-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Agree with Hollinger though, Rose is the most hyped PG in the game right now but I think Paul is the better "Point Guard".

Is there a reason Rose shouldn't be hyped? That's what happens when your team is winning and the star player is producing. It's not like Rose is Blake Griffin throwing up highlights while losing a ton of games. The Bulls are winning, with Rose showing great leadership, and he's an exciting player. Those kind of players get hyped. I don't have Paul in my Top 3 as of now. Deron Williams, Rose, and Russell Westbrook are my choices. Paul and Rondo are fighting for 4th. Chris Paul was the best 2-3 years ago but...that was 2-3 years ago.

ChrisRichards
02-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Is there a reason Rose shouldn't be hyped? That's what happens when your team is winning and the star player is producing. It's not like Rose is Blake Griffin throwing up highlights while losing a ton of games. The Bulls are winning, with Rose showing great leadership, and he's an exciting player. Those kind of players get hyped. I don't have Paul in my Top 3 as of now. Deron Williams, Rose, and Russell Westbrook are my choices. Paul and Rondo are fighting for 4th. Chris Paul was the best 2-3 years ago but...that was 2-3 years ago.

The Rose hype is warranted, I never implied otherwise. The Bulls needed a Superstar and fortunetely he hasn't disappointed them yet halfway into the season. Rose is putting up great numbers and leading the Bulls to a better record than last year despite of key injuries.

But I still think Paul is the better "Point Guard" as Hollinger protested numerous times for the past 3 years. I'm not even a fan of Paul and his bitch ass flopping but truth is in terms of pure PG skills, Paul is second to no one.

DMC
02-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Derrick Rose is the best PG in the game right now. Paul is fine, but goddamn Derrick Rose is a one man army and can do it all.

j.dizzle
02-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Its gonna be a wrap when D.Rose gets another year or two of work in. Chicago plays great defense even when Noah is out. When he returns they will be a tough out for anyone in the East. Another Chicago/Boston series would be crazy. I still think Chicago is missing a piece on offense though.

endrity
02-04-2011, 01:54 PM

And I think Hollinger would agree to that.

Rummpd
02-04-2011, 02:12 PM
And I think Hollinger would agree to that.

No he would not:

Pauk and Williams are still the best PG in the game without debate-Rose/Westbrooke need a season or too more and to do something more in the playoffs (Both have had good starts but need to do it this year)

Also Parker is also a top tier PG and an arguement can be made he has acommomplished more than any other PG in the game as he has 3 titles and a finals MVP and he routinely matches up well and outplays many thrown out above him

Venti Quattro
02-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Its gonna be a wrap when D.Rose gets another year or two of work in. Chicago plays great defense even when Noah is out. When he returns they will be a tough out for anyone in the East. Another Chicago/Boston series would be crazy. I still think Chicago is missing a piece on offense though.

They're missing a more potent shooting guard and probably one big man but I see Asik is playing to that role nicely in limited time