PDA

View Full Version : So how are the roads in SA?

Sense
02-04-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm going to drive down to San Antonio, in about an hour... and I was wondering how the roads are and if any are closed.... I keep hearing it's going to freeze again tonight so is that going to be an issue?

jeebus
02-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Dunno about the highways being open but on the side streets, everything's melted pretty much. There might be a few patches of ice/slush in the shade but that won't last. I'm assuming the highways are open but you might wanna check with TXDOT...their twitter is usually up to date.

Sense
02-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Dunno about the highways being open but on the side streets, everything's melted pretty much. There might be a few patches of ice/slush in the shade but that won't last. I'm assuming the highways are open but you might wanna check with TXDOT...their twitter is usually up to date.

Thanks a lot, it might seem like I'm exaggerating like 90% of the people in Texas, but just wanted to make sure I took the precaution of asking before the 5 and a half hour trip...

spursfan09
02-04-2011, 02:55 PM
You are not exaggerating. Don't feel bad that we haven't had to deal with snow in the past 25 years and you aren't too sure what to do. I just watched the news this morning saw everyone stuck on the highway, and the news anchors saying "Stay in" and that was enough for me to know not to go to work...