PDA

View Full Version : Lol @ Splitter playing better against Cousins than Bynum.

midnightpulp
02-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Lol @ 21_Blessings.

:flag:

Cessation
02-05-2011, 12:47 AM
Cousins is a top 5 pick, I think.

BanditHiro
02-05-2011, 12:49 AM
omg its midnightpulp

buttsR4rebounding
02-05-2011, 01:06 AM
Maybe Bynum would have fewer knee injuries if they just removed those bothersome ACL's...

crc21209
02-05-2011, 02:36 AM
If Pop just sticks to him and plays him, I think more often than not Splitter would do a pretty good job...he just needs the minutes.

greyforest
02-05-2011, 02:37 AM
Maybe Bynum would have fewer knee injuries if they just removed those bothersome ACL's...

blair didn't have his removed; he had surgery to repair them, then his body absorbed them.

jimo2305
02-05-2011, 02:37 AM
blair didn't have his removed; he had surgery to repair them, then his body absorbed them.

lol dats freaky.. didnt know that

buttsR4rebounding
02-05-2011, 02:42 AM

Geez, dude...it was a joke. Of course, I know he didn't have them removed.

analyzed
02-05-2011, 03:37 AM
Actually come to thiink of me, as superior as Bonner stats are compared to Splitter, the Spurs don't seem to playing any worse without Bonner. Which begs the question could Splitter actually make the Spurs better than Bonner, sounds silly considering the despartity of stats between Bonner and Splitter

jjktkk
02-05-2011, 03:49 AM
Actually come to thiink of me, as superior as Bonner stats are compared to Splitter, the Spurs don't seem to playing any worse without Bonner. Which begs the question could Splitter actually make the Spurs better than Bonner, sounds silly considering the despartity of stats between Bonner and Splitter

Its actually a nice problem to have. If Pop can rely on Splitter, he can mix and match with Bonner, Dyess, and Splitter. Go with the hot hand and see what works.

DrSteffo
02-05-2011, 04:04 AM
Its actually a nice problem to have. If Pop can rely on Splitter, he can mix and match with Bonner, Dyess, and Splitter. Go with the hot hand and see what works.

This. Best thing is that we have team players and not divas complaining about PT on this TEAM.

:flag:

cutewizard
02-05-2011, 06:17 AM
If Pop just sticks to him and plays him, I think more often than not Splitter would do a pretty good job...he just needs the minutes.

Completely agree with you man

100%duncan
02-05-2011, 07:03 AM
Splitter plays good when he is given enough mins not like garbage time mins, against sac although you can say we were up by tons of points those were really quality mins and yes he owned cousins

silverblk mystix
02-05-2011, 11:13 AM

There is NO DOUBT in my mind that if Tiago played the SAME minutes that Bonner receives...the spurs would be a much better team.

Bonner's M-O is to hit a 3 ball followed by getting scorched on D...3 or 4 times....hit another 3 ball...get scorched 5 or 6 times...hit a 3...

Tiago would not be taking too many shots...but would not be getting scorched all over the floor...

As I said before....

I really hope and pray that Bonner heals PROPERLY....

maybe take another 15-20 games of rest....err...just to be sure....

YoMamaIsCallin
02-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Tiago played some really nice D on Cousins and the other guy, and also kept his head when they tried to bully him around. He is solid.

Bonner is a completely different player, it's not really an either/or.

BTW my iPad wants to correct Tiago to Guano. Lol

ChuckD
02-05-2011, 12:21 PM

It's the Mahinmi argument all over again. Everyone was "wowwed" by his game last year...against New Jersey. Everyone is impressed with Splitter's games...against Cleveland and Sacto. You really HAVE to consider the quality of the opponent.

Cessation
02-05-2011, 03:05 PM
It's the Mahinmi argument all over again. Everyone was "wowwed" by his game last year...against New Jersey. Everyone is impressed with Splitter's games...against Cleveland and Sacto. You really HAVE to consider the quality of the opponent.

I don't think there is that much in common, between sac and cleveland games. Cavs has hardly any bigs, and have a team of shell shocked scrubs. While Dalembert is a solid defencive minded vet, and Cousins a talented rookie, at 6-11, 270. With no bonner and a tough game last night, pop didn't have as much reason not to play splitter, as he usually does. I'd say that was spitters best game this season, seems like he didn't use his homo flip shots, and took it strong to the rack couple of times.

toki9
02-05-2011, 03:26 PM
I don't quite understand all this Splitter-hate on this board, but it kind of reminds me of RJ-hate from last year: hate due to dashed (unreasonably lofty and impatient) expectations.

BackHome
02-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Gotta give Splitter some love going against Bynum and then going against a top 5 pick in Cousins and playing much better then him.

If I was a Saco fan I would be pissed our top 5 pick getting handled by a late first rounder! Yeah Cousins does have more potential but the world if full of people who have tons of potential and failed. I love how the Spurs draft lunch pail guys who just want to win no matter what it takes.