PDA

View Full Version : Pic request: Definitive Non Goaltending Pic of Dice

bigfish22
02-05-2011, 05:25 AM
Can anyone provide either a direct overhead shot or a sharp baseline angle picture/video that definitively refutes any Laker fan's argument of Mcdyess' tip-in as a goaltending? Thank you in advance.

Doctor J
02-05-2011, 05:39 AM
Whether it was a goaltending or not... it really didn't matter.

Once the referees allowed it, and called it good, that was it.

They can't check and then change that decision. That's the rule.

What the referees wanted to check afterwards was whether the ball was released before the clock expired.

Let the Lakers fans just cry.

bigfish22
02-05-2011, 05:52 AM
Yes, but there has to be a picture out there that clearly takes away any argument that Laker fans have about the tip being goaltending. I really just need to shut one of them up once and for all about it.

CubanMustGo
02-05-2011, 08:30 AM
Let the fuckers whine. The more the do the more you know they feel threatened by SA.

Fpoonsie
02-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Yes, but there has to be a picture out there that clearly takes away any argument that Laker fans have about the tip being goaltending. I really just need to shut one of them up once and for all about it.

No, there doesn't. The best part about last night's win was its immediate controversy. It's 'bout time LA has something to bitch about that they can't undo.

I'm actually crossing my fingers in hopes that Stern comes out Sun or Mon saying that the basket shouldn't have counted, and that the league extends their apologies, but there's simply nothing they can do at this time.

Texas_Ranger
02-05-2011, 08:37 AM
6sfgaAWK7NU

You can see at 1.06 that it's not goaltending.

Rummpd
02-05-2011, 08:42 AM
There was a show on NBA TV about when a player can touch a ball and the rule that a former ref said was that basically as long as more than half the ball is out of the cylinder they can tip it, I watched the ESPN replays several times and no where does it appear to me he was in the cylinder at all - I think the refs may have honestly missed a charge on Parker but definitely got this one right. LAL's own fault for not boxing out and they deserve to lose giving the Spurs 4x at it anyway. The video above shows same thing!

ALL I CAN SAY IS DICE STILL HAS HOPS!

jimo2305
02-05-2011, 09:36 AM
I'm actually crossing my fingers in hopes that Stern comes out Sun or Mon saying that the basket shouldn't have counted, and that the league extends their apologies, but there's simply nothing they can do at this time.

lol yes! :rollin

boutons_deux
02-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Pic request: no call of Fish fouling Brent's 3G at game end to eliminate the Spurs.

rascal
02-05-2011, 11:41 AM
It wasn't goal tending.

YoMamaIsCallin
02-05-2011, 11:54 AM
I think you are going about it the wrong way. The call on the court was basket good. Someone has to disprove that. You have got the sequence backwards.

Oh and if they show you a still shot of Dice's hand on the ball above the cylinder, the answer is, that proves nothing. As long as he STARTED the tip with the ball in a legal position, he can bring it over the cylinder to finish. Otherwise every dunk shot or putback would be disallowed.

And, if you look at the video replay, you can see that's exactly what happened. The ball bounces clear of the cylinder, Dice not so much taps it as cradles it and guides it back into the basket from above the rim.

The still they are posting shows him in the guiding process which is COMPLETELY LEGAL.

Dumb asses don't even know the rules, much less anything about the game.

Fabbs
02-05-2011, 12:02 PM
To the OP more power to you, while i know others mean well by saying ignore the Laker fags, it's still nice to have proof positive to shut them up and send them scurrying.

- I think the refs may have honestly missed a charge on Parker but definitely got this one right. LAL's own fault for not boxing out and they deserve to lose giving the Spurs 4x at it anyway. The video above shows same thing!

I honestly know that Gasol pulled Dyss down on the out of bounds play with 4 seconds left. As Gasol himself fell to the floor, he knew he had no chance to stop Dyss so simply wrapps his arm around Dyss and pulls him off balance and down. No call of course. Check it out.

ChuckD
02-05-2011, 12:04 PM
It usually has to be REAL obvious for refs to call it offensive goaltending, like the hand is in the cylinder before contact with the ball, or the ball is rolling on the rim.

The ball comes off the back of the iron at an acute angle to the trajectory of the shot, almost straight out, and appears to be roughly half way out of the cylinder, or as much as you can tell in real time by human beings.

I was laughing when it happened, thinking that it was lucky that it wasn't McDyess shooting and Tim trying for the tip. Duncan sucks at tip ins. Anyone remember the bunny two hander he missed at the end of regulation of Game 5 of the 2005 Finals?

Spurologist
02-05-2011, 12:14 PM
6sfgaAWK7NU

You can see at 1.06 that it's not goaltending.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/725886/derek-fisher-crying-o.gif

Muser
02-05-2011, 12:21 PM
If that's goaltending then a lot of putback dunks are too.

silverblk mystix
02-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Can anyone provide either a direct overhead shot or a sharp baseline angle picture/video that definitively refutes any Laker fan's argument of Mcdyess' tip-in as a goaltending? Thank you in advance.

:lmao

I just saw at the 10-second mark...watch asst coach...Chuck Person...he sees the duncan shot...realizes that Duncan missed...begins to raise his arms while walking towards the lockerroom...:lmao...then watches in horror as Dice bends the lakers over...:lmao

boutons_deux
02-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Anyone remember the bunny two hander he missed at the end of regulation of Game 5 of the 2005 Finals?

A fitting end to a very below par game by Tim.

Ozzy
02-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Somebody posted a link to the Lakers forum in another thread:

http://www.clublakers.com/lakers-gameday/thurs-lakers-spurs-predictions-comments-t127766-560.html

That thread also includes this nice picture posted by Lakerfans themselves.

http://i.imgur.com/UaC8y.jpg

ChuckD
02-05-2011, 12:33 PM
A fitting end to a very below par shooting game by Tim.

His FG% and FT% sucked, but he absorbed a lot of fouls by their bigs, grabbed 19 boards, and still managed 26 points, all on two sprained ankles.

Manudona
02-05-2011, 12:35 PM
I do not remember the Spurs been so happy for winning a regular season game, not sure if it was for the win or if they were happy for Dice.

ChuckD
02-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Somebody posted a link to the Lakers forum in another thread:

http://www.clublakers.com/lakers-gameday/thurs-lakers-spurs-predictions-comments-t127766-560.html

That thread also includes this nice picture posted by Lakerfans themselves.

http://i.imgur.com/UaC8y.jpg

Nice screen cap by whoever. That ball is at least halfway out.

Such a smart play, too. If he tries to dunk it, it's probably after the red light. Only a tip in would work.

DawgMilkX
02-05-2011, 12:58 PM
:lmao

I just saw at the 10-second mark...watch asst coach...Chuck Person...he sees the duncan shot...realizes that Duncan missed...begins to raise his arms while walking towards the lockerroom...:lmao...then watches in horror as Dice bends the lakers over...:lmao

Whats even better is the white guy(black suit green shirt) on the bench 2nd from the 2 coaches standing up get all excited then bummed within a second. My wife pointed it out and it had us cracking up!

Interrohater
02-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Whats even better is the white guy(black suit green shirt) on the bench 2nd from the 2 coaches standing up get all excited then bummed within a second. My wife pointed it out and it had us cracking up!
Good catch, that dude made me literally LOL

doobs
02-05-2011, 01:35 PM
A fitting end to a very below par game by Tim.

That wasn't the end of the game.

Cessation
02-05-2011, 02:06 PM
lol fisher and gasol crying

LakerHater
02-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Maybe these help:
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4949890&postcount=104

TampaDude
02-05-2011, 04:29 PM
That was not goaltending...not even close...had nobody touched it, the ball would have completely missed the rim coming down, and Dice's hand was well clear of the cylinder. BTW, also notice how Dice smartly pulls his hand back quickly after tipping the ball, thereby ensuring his hand was not in contact with the ball when time expired. Dice had the perfect touch on that one. He's a crafty veteran, and I'm glad he's on our team. :toast

02-05-2011, 04:31 PM
does the ball have to be clear of the cylinder or just the player's hands? because that ball was not out of the cylinder.

TampaDude
02-05-2011, 04:32 PM
does the ball have to be clear of the cylinder or just the player's hands? because that ball was not out of the cylinder.

Honestly, it's whatever the refs decide. :lol

02-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Honestly, it's whatever the refs decide. :lol
lol yeah i'm not debating it, i'm just wondering what the official rule is.

Mel_13
02-05-2011, 04:41 PM
http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_11.html?nav=ArticleList

For goaltending to occur, the ball, in the judgment of the official, must have a chance to score.

TampaDude
02-05-2011, 04:42 PM

For goaltending to occur, the ball, in the judgment of the official, must have a chance to score.

Like I said... :lol

02-05-2011, 04:44 PM
it also says the player must not "Touch the ball when it is above the basket ring and within the imaginary cylinder." very confusing.

TampaDude
02-05-2011, 04:48 PM
it also says the player must not "Touch the ball when it is above the basket ring and within the imaginary cylinder." very confusing.

By within, I believe they mean totally within or at least mostly within. Because no two shots are exactly the same, the rules leave it up to the refs as a judgment call.

02-05-2011, 04:53 PM
i guess that makes sense.

m33p0
02-05-2011, 06:25 PM
To the OP more power to you, while i know others mean well by saying ignore the Laker fags, it's still nice to have proof positive to shut them up and send them scurrying.

I honestly know that Gasol pulled Dyss down on the out of bounds play with 4 seconds left. As Gasol himself fell to the floor, he knew he had no chance to stop Dyss so simply wrapps his arm around Dyss and pulls him off balance and down. No call of course. Check it out.

i can't tell if you're serious or not. hopefully, for your sake, you aren't.

awktalk
02-05-2011, 06:36 PM

That ball had no chance of going it unless Bynum drops trow on the bench and rips a huge fart towards the basket. Otherwise, it may have clipped the front rim coming down, but never had a chance of going in.

Mel_13
02-05-2011, 06:39 PM
That ball had no chance of going it unless Bynum drops trow on the bench and rips a huge fart towards the basket. Otherwise, it may have clipped the front rim coming down, but never had a chance of going in.

Which is why goaltending wasn't called.

concken
02-05-2011, 06:41 PM
why is everyone saying goal tending? wouldn't it be basket interference?

awktalk
02-05-2011, 07:01 PM
why is everyone saying goal tending? wouldn't it be basket interference?

Click the link above, it seems the NBA uses the terms interchangeably.

bongraider
02-05-2011, 08:00 PM

i think that bitch was Matt Barnes. and Chuck Person's reaction was classic!

DMC
02-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Put backs don't matter in regular season.

LOL@ Reggie "it wasn't the greatest shot by Tim Duncan"

No shit Reggie.

Reggie: "That's gametime"

You mean "that's the ball game"

Also LOL at the Lakers for watching the ball and not boxing out. All of them.

DMC
02-05-2011, 11:26 PM

So then if Howard was shooting it from the FT line, nothing would be considered a goal tend?

TVI
02-05-2011, 11:27 PM

Which is why most officials use the "more than halfway out of the cylinder" rule of thumb.

Doe
02-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Laker fan can STFU with some of the bullshit their team gets away with, especially in the post season. Also it's typical of a Laker boards to have second-by-second photos of the play in question.

Gotta agree with this post:

draft87
02-06-2011, 09:11 AM
how about a picture of mcdyess falling on gasol during the scramble after parker's floater?

when the refs were confirming that it was spurs ball, tnt showed a replay from behind the basket where it looks like dyess is tea bagging gasol.

blizz
02-06-2011, 01:42 PM
I think the refs may have honestly missed a charge on Parker

No they didn't. Watch the replay, Kobe flopped. Parker was coming towards him and he buckled his knees and sat/fell down to the floor. Had he stood straight up, let Parker run into him and run him over, he would have gotten the call, but he preempted the hit and sat/fell too soon.

Fpoonsie
02-06-2011, 01:57 PM
I love how devastated Jonah Hill is a few seats down from the Laker's assistant coaches.

Leftyventricle
02-06-2011, 01:58 PM
http://allball.blogs.nba.com/2011/02/04/antonio-mcdyess-how-do-you-rate-on-the-horry-scale/

Obstructed_View
02-06-2011, 02:15 PM
No they didn't. Watch the replay, Kobe flopped. Parker was coming towards him and he buckled his knees and sat/fell down to the floor. Had he stood straight up, let Parker run into him and run him over, he would have gotten the call, but he preempted the hit and sat/fell too soon.

Looked to me like Parker jumped before the defender was set. Compare that to the charge that Manu drew on Carmelo. You have the right to come down when you jump. Seems like guys would jump earlier when they're going to the basket for exactly that reason.

blizz
02-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Just saw the replay again. Ok Kobe doesn't fall before Parker touches him, BUT he does anticipate it and falls back the wrong way....he didn't sell it right and it was NOT a charge. Parker's drive wouldn't have knocked him over, he kinda made himself go down. I agree OV....this was nothing like the Carmelo charge. Manu was set on that one and the hit was hard.