PDA

View Full Version : NBA Breakdown: Spurs @ Lakers - Spurs Machine Crunches Kobe's Non-Team

arles
02-05-2011, 08:15 PM
NBA Breakdown: Spurs @ Lakers - Spurs Machine Crunches Kobe's Non-Team

Ffo2sk0d7gA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffo2sk0d7gA

Very nice analysis.

:toast

TE
02-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Pretty good.

tdunk21
02-05-2011, 08:39 PM
no wonder doc rivers too runs the same kinda plays....wasnt he pop's assistant coach?

Mel_13
02-05-2011, 08:43 PM
no wonder doc rivers too runs the same kinda plays....wasnt he pop's assistant coach?

Pop, as the GM, signed him as a free agent in 1994 and Doc finished his career with Spurs in the 95-96 season.

JR3
02-05-2011, 09:00 PM
I remember Doc being an analyst for the spurs broadcast back in the day... don't remember him coaching under pop.

Cane
02-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Cool vid. Is it just me or does that guy kinda sound and look like Marty Funkhouser:

http://forum.sbrforum.com/image.php?u=75155&dateline=1277419123

spurs10
02-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Great breakdown! Thanks.

BruceBowenFan
02-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Man this guy should work for espn or tnt, very good breakdown from thursday game.

Cessation
02-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Nice, he rips the lakers offence good, lol.

rmt
02-06-2011, 12:17 AM
Well, that's kinda reassuring - an unbiased source favoring the Spurs over the Lakers.

itzsoweezee
02-06-2011, 12:33 AM
The selfishness exhibited at about the 4:09 mark is jaw-dropping. But I guess that's just Kobe being Kobe.

analyzed
02-06-2011, 01:29 AM
wow that's great analysis, My worry is that in a seven game series the lakers will make adjustments and fix their problems, while the Spurs can't really improve significantly as their already close to 100 % in terms of cohesion. LA can always play smarter and better , while the Spurs can't grow taller to make up for the lenght advantage of LA

Rummpd
02-06-2011, 06:23 AM
wow that's great analysis, My worry is that in a seven game series the lakers will make adjustments and fix their problems, while the Spurs can't really improve significantly as their already close to 100 % in terms of cohesion. LA can always play smarter and better , while the Spurs can't grow taller to make up for the lenght advantage of LA

Put Duncan/Splitter and some combo of Dice/Bonner and Spurs fine!

The Lakers height advantage is OVERBLOWN and just Bynum is the size difference and an effective Blair + Duncan's increase play in the post season plus some Splitter can offset a lot of that! Moreover unlike a team like Portland or Denver a few years back how many of the LAL stars have serious hops? Maybe Bynum but with those knees can you count on him?????

If we get a 18 and 12 + 3 block Duncan and rest of the Spurs play well like Hill/Neal/Bonner and Blair = Spurs could manhandle the Lakers in return!

Lakers simply cannot match the other thing Spurs have: 1) speed at the guards; 2) loads of perimeter shooters (including bigs except for Odom for them) - so matchup issues go both ways!

Spurs beat the LAL 2x with an ineffective Duncan or Manu offensively = Spurs I would ARGUE HAVE THE >> UPSIDE - RELAX and enjoy the RIDE TO 5!

fantasyfootball
02-06-2011, 06:53 AM
The selfishness exhibited at about the 4:09 mark is jaw-dropping. But I guess that's just Kobe being Kobe.

Yeah that was surprising. When the game gets broken down and dissected this well, it makes it obvious the Lakers more talented (they almost won with horrible execution) and the Spurs are far more disciplined.

The problem is if the Lakers can get their act together and run an in-sync offense instead of everything coming off broken plays and Bryant split-second decisions, they're going to win.

Kobe is holding the Lakers back right now. There's no good reason for them to be losing all of these big games and also letting teams like the Kings and Bucks beat them.

They always manage to pull together in the playoffs but it might be that Kobe has declined to the point they probably won't be able to pull off the miracle finish.

Boston seems like an unstoppable force right now. They play with the Spurs discipline and have Laker-like talent to go along with it.

I don't think the Spurs can beat the Lakers in a 7 game series and I don't think Lakers will come anywhere close to Boston.

Texas_Ranger
02-06-2011, 06:53 AM
that was really good.

Darkwaters
02-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Excellent video.

m33p0
02-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Spurs can score ins so many different ways now. In the past, the reason for the losses was the Spur's inability to score. that is not the case this year.

Avitus1
02-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Dude knows his shit. Good video.

concken
02-06-2011, 11:26 AM
and then kobe has the nerve to consistently point fingers and undermine his teammates' talent. classic video of kobe being selfish with the ball and trying to play coach. on the other hand, also shows how good the lakers CAN be, but i think kobe has in his head that they can't win without the black mamba.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-06-2011, 12:05 PM
That was awesome. ROFL kobe is such a piece of crap.

arles
02-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Glad you liked it guys ^^

SpursNextRomanEmpire
02-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Wow, that was a pretty damn good video.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-06-2011, 01:39 PM
LA beating us in previous series has been mostly due to LA packing the paint and daring us to shoot jumpers.

Parker is usually the only one who can do something off the dribble, but his layups are near impossible because Fisher is always very physical with him and LA has size in the post.

One of the things whottt used to always bitch about was how LA would seriously DARE players like Ginobili, Bonner, and Parker to shoot 3's. Nothing was more pathetic than watching LA give Matt Bonner 6 feet of space, daring him to shoot an open 3, and he would either dribble and turn it over, or look to pass the ball.

Even when we hit the 3's, LA would stay around that paint and DARE us to keep knocking them down.

This strategy works to near perfection as the series in 04 and 08 showed.

I still don't trust Bonner for shit against LA, having faith in him in the playoffs is like MavFan getting excited for a basketball season.

The difference this year will be our refound team athleticism in Blair and Hill. And call me crazy but Neal just does not look like a man who will choke every game in a 7 game series like Bonner.

If/When we play LA, it will come down to us just doing our thing and knocking down those open 3's. Neal, Ginobili, RJ, Bonner, Hill, even Parker. If we hit them, we win the series, if we don't we lose. Simple as that.

greyforest
02-06-2011, 01:57 PM
That was awesome. ROFL kobe is such a piece of crap.

kome indeed

ceperez
02-06-2011, 02:01 PM
very good video!

m33p0
02-06-2011, 02:05 PM
it's basically kobe being kobe < manu being manu.

Frankie23
02-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Finally some great quality analysis..!!

Keep on posting these videos!!

Great job!

DAF86
02-06-2011, 03:30 PM
I want to see Lakers' fans opinion of this video.

Horse
02-07-2011, 01:32 PM
LA beating us in previous series has been mostly due to LA packing the paint and daring us to shoot jumpers.

Parker is usually the only one who can do something off the dribble, but his layups are near impossible because Fisher is always very physical with him and LA has size in the post.

One of the things whottt used to always bitch about was how LA would seriously DARE players like Ginobili, Bonner, and Parker to shoot 3's. Nothing was more pathetic than watching LA give Matt Bonner 6 feet of space, daring him to shoot an open 3, and he would either dribble and turn it over, or look to pass the ball.

Even when we hit the 3's, LA would stay around that paint and DARE us to keep knocking them down.

This strategy works to near perfection as the series in 04 and 08 showed.

I still don't trust Bonner for shit against LA, having faith in him in the playoffs is like MavFan getting excited for a basketball season.

The difference this year will be our refound team athleticism in Blair and Hill. And call me crazy but Neal just does not look like a man who will choke every game in a 7 game series like Bonner.

If/When we play LA, it will come down to us just doing our thing and knocking down those open 3's. Neal, Ginobili, RJ, Bonner, Hill, even Parker. If we hit them, we win the series, if we don't we lose. Simple as that.
L.a. beating us in the past had more to do with jackson bitching to the officials at the press conference than anything the players did. No coincidence once he starts his whining Tony can get raped in the lane and not get a call.

G-Dawgg
02-07-2011, 04:48 PM

Great point

m33p0
02-07-2011, 09:11 PM

Spurs backcourt > Lakers backcourt... in fact best in the league. Fisher and the rest of the Laker guards aren't gonna any quicker either. we do have a card to play against them.

Spur|n|Austin
02-08-2011, 12:37 AM
Very insightful breakdown, great video too; thanks!

Sportcamper
02-08-2011, 12:41 PM
No offense but when the playoffs start is this game really going to matter?
:lobt2:

awktalk
02-08-2011, 01:40 PM

No.

---------

This has been another edition of simple answers to simple questions.

LoneStarState'sPride
02-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Damn, that was some good shit. Thanks for posting!

cheguevara
02-08-2011, 03:48 PM
I want to see Lakers' fans opinion of this video.

I will go ahead and post this in the NBA forum then :p

TampaDude
02-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Wow...he put a lot of effort into that...nice breakdown of the game! :toast

m33p0
02-08-2011, 06:53 PM
no because these are 50-50 games at best. the ones that matter are those that you should have won but didn't. those are the games that will bite you in the ass. read that somewhere, written by a lakers fan no less.