PDA

View Full Version : I Hate ESPN

DMC
02-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Old story, no one here actually likes ESPN, but how far can they go to show they hate the Spurs worse than we hate them?

Case in point: Daily Dime has the following after the Spurs win in LA:

2. Better And Closer? Not Good Enough

This is an article not about the Spurs, but about the Lakers.

Then, the quote of the night:

QUOTE OF THE NIGHT

"I think they are the best team in the West. I think the struggles are overblown by you guys and gals. They are who they are. They've been doing this a long time. They just won two [championships] in a row again and there's no doubt perhaps there's going to be some nights when it's just not all there emotionally. "
-- Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, before his team beat the Lakers at the buzzer.

Suddenly it matters to ESPN what Pop says. His team isn't good enough, even with 8 games on the "defending champs" and the gaudy record of 42-8, to even be a topic for discussion, but because he comments that he thinks the Lakers are the best team in the West, it's newsworthy. The win, not newsworthy, the appraisal of the team ESPN cannot get enough of, that's big news.

Oh, and it's not "before his team beat the Lakers", but "before his team beat the Lakers at the buzzer".

Winning, we are the team with the best record in the NBA. Losing, we are the best team in the NBA.

Eh, fuck'em.

/rant

Hoops Czar
02-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Who the hell cares what anyone else thinks.... The Spurs don't need the attention. ESPN always caters to the big market teams because they carry a larger fan base. The Lakers and Heat news sells a lot more than the Spurs news.

jjktkk
02-05-2011, 10:59 PM
I gave up worrying about BSPN a long time ago. They care only about hype. Let the Spurs just keep doing what they do.

KaiRMD1
02-05-2011, 11:10 PM
Damn, another thread about this.

concken
02-05-2011, 11:13 PM
Old story, no one here actually likes ESPN, but how far can they go to show they hate the Spurs worse than we hate them?

QUOTE OF THE NIGHT

"I think they are the best team in the West. I think the struggles are overblown by you guys and gals. They are who they are. They've been doing this a long time. They just won two [championships] in a row again and there's no doubt perhaps there's going to be some nights when it's just not all there emotionally. "

Suddenly it matters to ESPN what Pop says. His team isn't good enough, even with 8 games on the "defending champs" and the gaudy record of 42-8, to even be a topic for discussion, but because he comments that he thinks the Lakers are the best team in the West, it's newsworthy. The win, not newsworthy, the appraisal of the team ESPN cannot get enough of, that's big news.

Oh, and it's not "before his team beat the Lakers", but "before his team beat the Lakers at the buzzer".

Winning, we are the team with the best record in the NBA. Losing, we are the best team in the NBA.

Eh, fuck'em.

/rant

Haven't seen this before

Who the hell cares what anyone else thinks.... The Spurs don't need the attention. ESPN always caters to the big market teams because they carry a larger fan base. The Lakers and Heat news sells a lot more than the Spurs news.

Haven't seen this before.

DMC
02-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Haven't seen this before

Haven't seen this before.

What compels people to respond to threads they aren't interested in? Is it narcissism? Self loathing? Boredom?

howbouthemspurs
02-05-2011, 11:18 PM
I love ESPN... it's a comedy network right?

concken
02-05-2011, 11:22 PM
What compels people to respond to threads they aren't interested in? Is it narcissism? Self loathing? Boredom?

Just pointing out that you can flip through and find another thread about the exact same thing with the exact same responses. Can't really include narcissism without looking at the title of your thread, but yes, I am bored.

DMC
02-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Just pointing out that you can flip through and find another thread about the exact same thing with the exact same responses. Can't really include narcissism without looking at the title of your thread, but yes, I am bored.
NVAGJbD9N24

concken
02-05-2011, 11:32 PM
:lmao thanks

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-05-2011, 11:35 PM

QUOTE OF THE NIGHT

Eh, fuck'em.

/rant

Is it that time of the month?

concken
02-05-2011, 11:36 PM
nice sig bro. very inspirational

PublicOption
02-06-2011, 01:13 AM
lakers beat the hornets tonight in new orleans

the lakers got 27 fta and the hornets got 4.

watch for more monkey business in the playoffs.

ElNono
02-06-2011, 01:14 AM
42-8... who gives a shit about BSPN?

Enjoy the ride...

suitedkings
02-06-2011, 01:25 AM
I stopped caring about ESPN last century.

Man In Black
02-06-2011, 04:02 AM
Selective Mutism!!! Fuck you 4-letter.

DMC
02-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Is it that time of the month?
Meanwhile over at Dallas-Mavs.com

http://www.dallas-mavs.com

Another Season of Disrespect...It Does Not Have to End This Way (http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=36941)
G-Man

Looks like it must be that time of the month eh?

Handle your business first.

DieHardSpursFan1537
02-06-2011, 02:51 PM
ESPN is full of bullshit anyways.

DMC
02-06-2011, 02:58 PM
ESPN is full of bullshit anyways.
Obviously so is NBA TV, but that doesn't seem to register with those dragging JB's comments out to the nth degree.

Bito Corleone
02-06-2011, 03:09 PM

I think it's more trying to hammer home the point to OP's that create threads that have been covered many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many times...

DMC
02-06-2011, 04:04 PM
I think it's more trying to hammer home the point to OP's that create threads that have been covered many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many times...
Really? Because I think people just like to see themselves type.

The best way to get that point across is to just not respond. That way the thread moves down the page.

Maybe someone needs to hammer that one home.

E-RockWill
02-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Yes, it sucks when they don't pay due respect to your team, who happens to be the best.

Yes, I grumble about it when I see it happen.

Yes, fuck em.

Yes, absolutely no need for ANOTHER thread.

:lol @ this thread.

...& yes, I commented on a thread that is redundant.

Blackjack
02-06-2011, 04:40 PM
42-8... who gives a shit about BSPN?

Enjoy the ride...

Choo-Choo! :toast

alchemist
02-06-2011, 05:06 PM
You should enjoy the fact that the Spurs are forcing these assholes to talk about them. I love it because I know they hate reporting on the Spurs :lol

Man In Black
02-06-2011, 07:53 PM
You should enjoy the fact that the Spurs are forcing these assholes to talk about them. I love it because I know they hate reporting on the Spurs :lol
I do, to a limited extent. But even if they talk about the Spurs, the context flows more like so:
It's not Spurs win. It's Lakers lose.

You would think these dickheads would at least talk to Antonio, who worked his ass off to get position on the tip. But no. So you get a what's wrong with LA as opposed to why is San Antonio so good story. Had LA won, then you would've probably gotten a storyline like LA beats Spurs, this signature win will catapult them to a threepeat.

Ultimately, the NBA is full of Spurs colored personnel from Front offices to broadcasters. There are organizations who see that the Spurs model is a very successful one. So they are trying to replicate the model. That speaks highly of what this team is all about.

It's a sad thing that the largest Sports ENTERTAINMENT network would use "selective mutism" by using terms like best team "record wise" or "not flashy" when we as Spurs fans, know that they can be and are the best team. It's time for one for the thumb!

SouthTexasRancher
02-06-2011, 11:50 PM
ESPN has always sucked. But, nothing compares to that suckass Mike Taylor on the Ticket 760. That moron is a real jackass. Impossible to listen to him for more than 3 minutes.

alchemist
02-07-2011, 08:55 AM
I do, to a limited extent. But even if they talk about the Spurs, the context flows more like so:
It's not Spurs win. It's Lakers lose.

You would think these dickheads would at least talk to Antonio, who worked his ass off to get position on the tip. But no. So you get a what's wrong with LA as opposed to why is San Antonio so good story. Had LA won, then you would've probably gotten a storyline like LA beats Spurs, this signature win will catapult them to a threepeat.

Ultimately, the NBA is full of Spurs colored personnel from Front offices to broadcasters. There are organizations who see that the Spurs model is a very successful one. So they are trying to replicate the model. That speaks highly of what this team is all about.

It's a sad thing that the largest Sports ENTERTAINMENT network would use "selective mutism" by using terms like best team "record wise" or "not flashy" when we as Spurs fans, know that they can be and are the best team. It's time for one for the thumb!
excellent post :toast