PDA

View Full Version : Jon Bones Jones VS Shogun Who Ya Got??

dbreiden83080
02-06-2011, 12:41 AM
Now that we know Shad is out with an injury and Jones has the shot who ya got? Fascinating fight between an MMA legend and the man that may be the future of the sport.. I'll take Jones but what a fight..

dallaskd
02-06-2011, 12:46 AM
shogun, but jones will get his belt in 2012 and may not give it up for a lonnggg time

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-06-2011, 12:57 AM
gonna have to research/think on this for a bit

Stringer_Bell
02-06-2011, 01:25 AM
Jones hasn't fought anyone with Shogun's balls or leg kicks...catch and close distance, Shogun can do it and I think with 6 weeks to the fight with all this hype - it's Shogun's show.

CubanSucks
02-06-2011, 01:34 AM
shogun

al;shdroienwalnelfnaiownefld0-03j2j3rmadnafnaoweinri3opn elknroi34nrlikn nvna'//

dbreiden83080
02-06-2011, 01:35 AM
Love the 50/50 split

Man what a fight this is

Can't fuckin wait..

ace3g
02-06-2011, 01:39 AM
watch out Bones Jones is obsessed with Shogun!!!! (said this during ESPN MMA Live interview on ESPN 2 a few minutes ago)

djohn14
02-06-2011, 10:03 AM
This is gonna be great. Shogun wont by shy about coming in and testing Jones chin. I could see him KOing Jones, but if he misses hes gonna get put on his back. I think Jones will win.

Rip-Hamilton32
02-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Jones is too strong, and athletic and well just plain to good, hes very well rounded and so is Shogun i think Shogun has the experience but it won't matter because Jones is just gonna impose his will. I doubt Shogun can stop the take down and defend the ground and pound.

tlongII
02-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Jones will win. He brings a unique combination of size, strength, and athleticism to the sport. If Shogun catches him with a lucky shot he could take it, but I don't think that will happen.

desflood
02-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Someday Jon Jones will become the next Anderson Silva - P4P best in the world. Not today, though. Given another year, maybe two he'll be unbeatable, but he's not ready for Shogun yet.

MannyIsGod
02-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Jon Jones is going to rip through Shogun. Jones is just the fucking truth.

dbreiden83080
02-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Bones shot from way outside and still with ease took down a great wrestler in Bader. He is i feel the best wrestler in the division. Bones is gonna have no problems whatsoever putting Shogun on his back and Shogun is gonna be in trouble when it is down there.

However Bones has holes in his stand-up and Shogun can be the man to exploit it. I think Bones will win but he could be too young annd too soon.

ace3g
02-06-2011, 06:03 PM
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/8927/ufc128revisedcopycopy.jpg

took me forever to find a picture of Bones with his hands down

dbreiden83080
02-06-2011, 06:11 PM
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/8927/ufc128revisedcopycopy.jpg

took me forever to find a picture of Bones with his hands down

Thats really good.. We need to use your poster for the eventual fight thread..

BlackSwordsMan
02-06-2011, 08:05 PM
shogun all day

MannyIsGod
02-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Jones took no damage. :lol

UFC is running out of good fights or so it seems to me. Some of their divisions (middle and WW) are just dead, ATTM so they have to milk a division like the LHW which has a lot of "star" power.

dbreiden83080
02-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Jones took no damage. :lol

UFC is running out of good fights or so it seems to me. Some of their divisions (middle and WW) are just dead, ATTM so they have to milk a division like the LHW which has a lot of "star" power.

UFC needs to stop cutting people so fast. A bunch of guys at HW ahd LHW are getting the axe lately for no other reason than the UFC just being cheap..

dallaskd
02-08-2011, 12:15 AM
i know jones it hot right now with all the raw talent but i dont see how you can pick against a PRIDE and UFC champion/ BJJ black belt, sick muay thai with wins over Nog, Rampage, Machida, Overeem, Arona, Liddell. Other than wrestling, Shogun is far better in every aspect of the fight, Rua by 2nd round KO.. although i hope Jones wins here

dbreiden83080
02-08-2011, 12:38 AM
i know jones it hot right now with all the raw talent but i dont see how you can pick against a PRIDE and UFC champion/ BJJ black belt, sick muay thai with wins over Nog, Rampage, Machida, Overeem, Arona, Liddell. Other than wrestling, Shogun is far better in every aspect of the fight, Rua by 2nd round KO.. although i hope Jones wins here

Well here is the thing about Shogun. He is coming off yet another knee surgery. That is what 3 or 4 times he's had a problem with his knee? Long layoff too.. He got beat by Forrest and struggled with Coleman coming off injuries. He has never fought someone quite like Jones..

dallaskd
02-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Well here is the thing about Shogun. He is coming off yet another knee surgery. That is what 3 or 4 times he's had a problem with his knee? Long layoff too.. He got beat by Forrest and struggled with Coleman coming off injuries. He has never fought someone quite like Jones..

good points up until this

dbreiden83080
02-08-2011, 12:59 AM
good points up until this

who???

Don't think Jones is like Page. In fact if Coleman took shogun down and gave him trouble i say he is in big trouble here..

strosFan2
02-08-2011, 01:04 AM

All very good points. Totally agree with all of them. Jones is like no other LHW in the division that Shogun has faced.

Stringer_Bell
02-08-2011, 01:05 AM
Ya know, Silva didn't take any damage in his fight with Belfort either...why not just have Silva vs Jones fight in March...then UFC Rio Shogun vs Silva/Jones? C'mon people!!!

dbreiden83080
02-08-2011, 01:16 AM
All very good points. Totally agree with all of them. Jones is like no other LHW in the division that Shogun has faced.

The first offensive move of the Bader fight fuckin blew me away... Jones shot on Bader who is a great wrestler from way outside and easily took him down. Ryan saw it coming tried like hell to defend and failed to do it.. Bader shot on Jones from at times close in and was stuffed like he sucks at wrestling.. That tells me Jones is the best wrestler at LHW, he is another GSP in this regard.. His ground and control is proving lethal and that is why his odds of beating Shogun are good..

desflood
02-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet - Rampage was offered the title fight and turned it down.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/2/7/1981484/rampage-jackson-explains-decision-to-turn-down-ufc-128-title-bout

I don't really blame him. You can't fight a guy like Shogun in anything but prime shape.

dbreiden83080
02-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet - Rampage was offered the title fight and turned it down.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/2/7/1981484/rampage-jackson-explains-decision-to-turn-down-ufc-128-title-bout

I don't really blame him. You can't fight a guy like Shogun in anything but prime shape.

Oh for fuck's sake you are 250 pds again Rampage.. WTF dude??

strosFan2
02-08-2011, 12:11 PM
The first offensive move of the Bader fight fuckin blew me away... Jones shot on Bader who is a great wrestler from way outside and easily took him down. Ryan saw it coming tried like hell to defend and failed to do it.. Bader shot on Jones from at times close in and was stuffed like he sucks at wrestling.. That tells me Jones is the best wrestler at LHW, he is another GSP in this regard.. His ground and control is proving lethal and that is why his odds of beating Shogun are good..

Most definitely, I was a little worried when Bader tried to shoot for the takedown, but got stuffed. It was a great confidence booster for me that this fight was going to be good for Jones. Jones may have not been a division 1 wrestler but im thinking he has learned a lot more from his training partners with wrestling experience (R.Evans, GSP, etc.)

The TroutBum
02-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Jones is going to ass rape Rua so hard his adams apple is going to stick out an extra inch.

ezau
02-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Not sure why you guys are picking Jones over Shogun here. Jones is a fucking beast no doubt. He's 6'4 super athletic, very awkward, and he's pretty skilled for a young guy. However, Shogun is the man who can pick apart the holes in in Jones' game. Sure, you can argue that Shogun has been injured more than Andrew Bynum, but that man has a wealth of experience fighting the best fighters in the division.

Easy UD victory for Rua TBH.

Rip-Hamilton32
02-09-2011, 01:45 AM
the longer the fight goes, the more of a chance Jones has in my opinion, on the ground Jones would just grind it out and Shogun won't be able to keep it standing

dbreiden83080
02-09-2011, 02:05 AM
the longer the fight goes, the more of a chance Jones has in my opinion, on the ground Jones would just grind it out and Shogun won't be able to keep it standing

Bottom line to me

Jones is just that good and he is gonna find a way to win...