PDA

View Full Version : sons is 4 free throws a new NBA record for least amount in a game?

BRHornet45
02-06-2011, 12:53 AM
serious question sons. does anyone know what the record for lowest amount of free throws in an NBA game is? Tonight the Hornets were awarded 4 freebies while the Lakers were awarded 27 freebies. very fair game.

ElNono
02-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Son, if you don't get them at home and when the NBA is running your team, you know you're getting jobbed...

BRHornet45
02-06-2011, 12:58 AM
son this is a serious question that needs serious answers.

ElNono
02-06-2011, 12:59 AM
tbh, your team being a bunch of pansies doesn't help, but it's a big discrepancy nonetheless...

BRHornet45
02-06-2011, 01:03 AM
tbh, your team being a bunch of pansies doesn't help, but it's a big discrepancy nonetheless...

son the refs took David West completely out of the game. he still managed to shoot 50% and put up 16 and 12, but he was irrelevant in the second half 100% due to the officiating. If he (or any other Hornets player) got aggressive on defense, a foul was called and a Laker was awarded free points at the line. If the Lakers got aggressive on defense and hacked the shit out of the Hornets, the refs simply turned the other cheek and swallowed their whistles. Mission accomplished for Stern.

Pelicans78
02-06-2011, 01:05 AM
The two things I did notice was Aaron Gray getting hammered repeatedly under the basket and the amount of holding and grapping on Paul in the perimeter. Strange game overall with a decimated team outplaying the Lakers all across the board with the exception of FTs. Not a good sign for the defending champs but they have plenty of time to put it together.

awktalk
02-06-2011, 01:05 AM
the record is zero. multiple times. so if you divide that many times by zero, you have infinity. son

lefty
02-06-2011, 01:08 AM

Toronto in 96 vs Charlotte

ElNono
02-06-2011, 01:11 AM
son the refs took David West completely out of the game. he still managed to shoot 50% and put up 16 and 12, but he was irrelevant in the second half 100% due to the officiating. If he (or any other Hornets player) got aggressive on defense, a foul was called and a Laker was awarded free points at the line. If the Lakers got aggressive on defense and hacked the shit out of the Hornets, the refs simply turned the other cheek and swallowed their whistles. Mission accomplished for Stern.

Son, that's what happens when West tries to play 'defense' instead of letting a true defender do it's job. But I agree some of the calls were over the top, especially when Fish was flopping like maaad out there and the refs were just happy to call fouls.

Pelicans78
02-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Son, that's what happens when West tries to play 'defense' instead of letting a true defender do it's job. But I agree some of the calls were over the top, especially when Fish was flopping like maaad out there and the refs were just happy to call fouls.

West lit up the Lakers including Gasol in the first half. Trouble ruined his night and made him cold in the 2nd half. His defense against Gasol was expected. He gives up alot of inches. Plus, the Hornets doubled on Kobe alot as well making it really easy for Gasol.

West has improved defensively, but is still not a great defender or rebounder.

PublicOption
02-06-2011, 01:15 AM
lakers beat the hornets tonight in new orleans

the lakers got 27 fta and the hornets got 4.

watch for more monkey business in the playoffs.

that is obvious bullshit..how can we keep watching bullshit.

ElNono
02-06-2011, 01:16 AM
tbh, I'm too tired to keep on trolling ya'll...

We'll continue another day... :lol

crc21209
02-06-2011, 01:19 AM
serious question sons. does anyone know what the record for lowest amount of free throws in an NBA game is? Tonight the Hornets were awarded 4 freebies while the Lakers were awarded 27 freebies. very fair game.

:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

Gutter92
02-06-2011, 01:20 AM
BR, props to the Hornets for keeping it close vs. the *Lakers tonight

Imagine if the game had been in LA...

Darthkiller
02-06-2011, 01:33 AM
son, the better question is why Aaron Gray and Pondexter are starting for an nba team.

jjktkk
02-06-2011, 01:33 AM
Son, if you don't get them at home and when the NBA is running your team, you know you're getting jobbed...

:lol

jjktkk
02-06-2011, 01:38 AM
son this is a serious question that needs serious answers.

Seriously? :lol

0A5t5_O8hdA

TE
02-06-2011, 01:39 AM
The refs won this game. Pretty sad considering that NO belongs to the NBA.

Jacob1983
02-06-2011, 02:13 AM
How many did the rapist have?

BRHornet45
02-06-2011, 02:18 AM
How many did the rapist have?

son the rapist was only awarded 8 free points from the NBA tonight.

TE
02-06-2011, 02:20 AM
son the rapist was only awarded 8 free points from the NBA tonight.

Twice as much as the Hornets. :lmao:lmao:lmao

ElNono
02-06-2011, 02:20 AM
Son, this game looked like Broadway play... it was scripted from beginning to end...

ElNono
02-06-2011, 02:21 AM
"Bee sting, the musical"

DJ Mbenga
02-06-2011, 02:26 AM
son just be happy you had my season high 8 points to begin with

BRHornet45
02-06-2011, 02:28 AM
Mbenga was balling his ass off tonight, but the refs kept him down as well

LnGrrrR
02-06-2011, 03:06 AM

:lol As soon as I saw the boxscore I knew BR would post about this. Didn't see the game so I can't really comment, but four is a damn low number.

jjktkk
02-06-2011, 03:14 AM
Was suprised the game was close.

BRHornet45
02-06-2011, 03:15 AM
Was suprised the game was close.

and son the Hornets would have easily won the game by 10+ points if the officiating had been fair. they played well tonight despite being short handed 2 starters and deserved to win, but there is nothing you can do whenever the other team is awarded 23 more free point opportunities. lol 27 freebies compared to 4 ... fucking WWE bullshit

jjktkk
02-06-2011, 03:17 AM
and son the Hornets would have easily won the game by 10+ points if the officiating had been fair. they played well tonight being short handed 2 starters, but nothing you can do whenever the other team is awarded 23 more free point opportunities. lol 27 freebies compared to 4 ... fucking WWE bullshit

Your boys surely got robbed BR.

YoMamaIsCallin
02-06-2011, 03:21 AM
Saying "the other team got more free throws than mine, therefore the refs were against us" is a completely invalid argument. And it is impossible to respond to since there is no information provided.

It's like you saying to me "my town got more bad weather than yours did because God was against us". How do you even begin to respond?

Bottom line: if you don't have anything real to say shut up and go away.

BRHornet45
02-06-2011, 03:23 AM
Saying "the other team got more free throws than mine, therefore the refs were against us" is a completely invalid argument. And it is impossible to respond to since there is no information provided.

It's like you saying to me "my town got more bad weather than yours did because God was against us". How do you even begin to respond?

Bottom line: if you don't have anything real to say shut up and go away.

shut you damn mouth. I'm not in the mood for your crap

lefty
02-06-2011, 03:26 AM

63-121

Feeling better?

jjktkk
02-06-2011, 03:27 AM

Damn BR, I've never seen you pissed. :wow

BRHornet45
02-06-2011, 03:28 AM
sons I'm just butthurt that I wasted my time and money on what I thought was a professional basketball game going on, but ended up being a WWE Monday Night Raw taping.

LkrFan
02-06-2011, 03:50 AM
tbh, I'm too tired to keep on trolling ya'll...

We'll continue another day... :lol
:lol

LkrFan
02-06-2011, 03:53 AM
"Bee sting, the musical"

:lmao

redzero
02-06-2011, 04:15 AM
I'm actually kind of curious now. What is the fewest amount of free throws taken in an NBA game?

UnWantedTheory
02-06-2011, 04:30 AM
I did not see the game, but that number is just disgustingly lopsided. Especially since NO was at home.

UnWantedTheory
02-06-2011, 04:31 AM
Maybe this is a step-father who hates his step-son type of thing...You aren't better than their baby.

LnGrrrR
02-06-2011, 06:37 AM
What's the record for FT disparity? +23 has to be up there. Reminds me of that Finals game against the Lakers where Powe took more FTs than the whole Laker team.

Rummpd
02-06-2011, 06:41 AM
I am in New Orleans for the American Academy of Dermatology Meeting and bought some tickets from a scalper right after the tip off ($$$ but is worth it) for the game (great arena and nice people!) and THIS OFFICIATING WAS A FRIGGIN ABORTION!

NOH are a classy team in a nice city and don't deserve the B.S. TIME FOR Stern to back his team but he probably swung it the other way it seems!

Honestly, you had to see the mauling that Chris Paul and every big that the NOH threw out there got. It was pathetic - I get paid to partime officiate Catholic youth games in the DC area and at least 10 calls were missed blatantly.
It was even worse when I believe the score got to 86 -86 when NOH still fought back then several nebulous non calls happened on about 4-5 series to help LAL put the game away.

Total B.S. and probably the worst NBA game I have seen officiated in person, I felt like I had paid a couple hundred + seats for a WWF match that was pre-ordained.

100%duncan
02-06-2011, 06:48 AM
noticed that too, man NBA hornets and still not getting the calls

Rummpd
02-06-2011, 07:04 AM
The refs just gearing up for playoff mode. That's all.

And THAT IS THE ONLY REASON LAL should be confident and what is the worst part of being an NBA fan - LAL can play soft and still get to the foul line over and over again.

Sportstudi
02-06-2011, 07:25 AM

Toronto in 96 vs Charlotte

I think BR asked for FTA. In the game you mentioned Toronto was 0-3 from the stripe. According to basketball-reference there were only two games with 2 or less FTA since 1986: See here (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=game&year_min=1987&year_max=2011&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&c1stat=fta&c1comp=lt&c1val=2&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts)

The first one (Cleveland vs. GSW) seemed to be the old record as this game is also mentioned in the NBA records (http://www.nba.com/history/records/regular_freethrows.html). The NBA page goes back from 1946 - 2005 (and in the last years not everything was updated, as the second game is from 2004). I think these two games mentioned are the record low. 2 FGA for one team.

Koolaid_Man
02-06-2011, 07:27 AM

BR even if the Lakers lost the game it wouldn't have meant a dam thing to me...reg season son...:lol

Rummpd
02-06-2011, 07:58 AM
BR even if the Lakers lost the game it wouldn't have meant a dam thing to me...reg season son...:lol

What I got out of last PM being there that in the West if NOH plays the Lakers in a series - Mavs and LAL in a dogfight for 2-3 but LAL could fall into the 4 or 5 spot - NOH could beat the LAL.

NOH ABSOLUTELY outplayed them and at times out rebounded the LAL (who were actually playing with intensity) without their starting center and fairly officiated NOH would have won easily.

I also now have NO doubt that if the Mavs play the Lakers and are healthy will take the LAL to 7 games and if they have HCA should beat LAL.

Believe me I have seen LAL play in person 3 x this year vs. 2x last year and the Lakers are simply not the same team - they just move slower to the ball and their ball movement is a big step down than in the past, and despite playing hard last PM, IMO they were not an impressive team and Kobe truly looks like he lost a lot of speed in particular.

greyforest
02-06-2011, 08:20 AM
lakers beat the hornets tonight in new orleans

the lakers got 27 fta and the hornets got 4.

watch for more monkey business in the playoffs.

that is obvious bullshit..how can we keep watching bullshit.

until there is a tipping point, and the NBA's transformation to WWE becomes obvious even to the idiotic masses

Venti Quattro
02-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Son the Hornets kept fouling the Lakers. There are obvious non-calls but obviously that's what's happened the entire game

TE
02-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Son the Hornets kept fouling the Lakers. There are obvious non-calls but obviously that's what's happened the entire game

So you're in agreement that the game was called extremely one-sided?

Dunc n Dave
02-06-2011, 11:59 AM

Here's another question for you: What's the record for highest team 3pt% in a single game with at least 10 or more made 3's?

Because the Hornets made 12 of 15 for 80% vs San Antonio a couple of weeks ago. After several Google attempts and searching NBA.com, I've been unable to find any other team in NBA History that shot better than 80% with 10 or more made 3's.

Several teams shot 100% on like 7 or 8 made 3's, but none that I've found (other than NOLA) with 80% or higher on 10 or more made threes.

Venti Quattro
02-06-2011, 12:02 PM

So you're in agreement that the game was called extremely one-sided?

New Orleans was mostly chucking jumpers. What's so hard about not fouling when you just have to guard jumpshooters? That being said, there were errors on the part of the referees on calls against New Orleans. One-sided? Nope.

DPG21920
02-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Why didn't BR complain when Paul himself was awarded 8 freebies and 10 freebies in back to back games? Even with the 8 freebies for Paul and 11 extra total team freebies, the Hornets still lost despite the NBA Hornets owners trying to prop up their team with their company men.

Pelicans78
02-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Here's another question for you: What's the record for highest team 3pt% in a single game with at least 10 or more made 3's?

Because the Hornets made 12 of 15 for 80% vs San Antonio a couple of weeks ago. After several Google attempts and searching NBA.com, I've been unable to find any other team in NBA History that shot better than 80% with 10 or more made 3's.

Several teams shot 100% on like 7 or 8 made 3's, but none that I've found (other than NOLA) with 80% or higher on 10 or more made threes.

That game was over by the 3rd quarter because the Spurs had less than 50 points after three quarters. 3-point shooting just put it away sooner. Stop fooling yourself. Also, the Spurs have yet to beat a healthy Dirk this season.

MiamiHeat
02-06-2011, 02:04 PM
lakers have been struggling.

the NBA is obviously fixing games so they don't fall behind and lose HCA to Spurs/Mavs/whatever in the Western playoffs.

the nba wants to make sure the lakers reach the finals.

oh, and the fact that the NBA owns them now, simply means that they are now an easier tool to use to further their agendas, like helping the lakers.

did you expect the nba to help the hornets? ha ha ha

Obstructed_View
02-06-2011, 02:08 PM
It's so sad that the refs have been against the Hornets so many times this season. They'd be undefeated if it weren't for the calls. They should clearly be getting whistles even when they aren't being aggressive.

jjktkk
02-06-2011, 02:19 PM
It's so sad that the refs have been against the Hornets so many times this season. They'd be undefeated if it weren't for the calls. They should clearly be getting whistles even when they aren't being aggressive.

Stern hates BR. :lol

Killakobe81
02-06-2011, 09:50 PM
be a man. My boy that went to Souther who is also a Hornets fan ...text me "good game".

Your whiny ass ...complaining about FT's which you dont even like anyway.

v2freak
02-06-2011, 09:58 PM
I didn't think it was possible to defend a +23 FTA differential.

frodo
02-06-2011, 09:59 PM
although i kno my nigga BR waz probably just trolling there, i do cosign his proposition that games b4 the freebies rule were much clearer and fairer. and their gimmick goes far beyond the sole numbas of freebies

just take a bos-lal series for example, refs may give equal numbas of freebies to both teams, but that ain't fair game if boston's freebies all given 2 shaq and lakers all 2 kobe. so the game might be rigged as well even if/when teams got equal numbas ef freebies

BlackSwordsMan
02-07-2011, 12:27 AM
nigga here a $5 close that bleeding hole ya got there