PDA

View Full Version : Name 10 players better than David West at his position...

ElNono
02-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Just brought up in another thread... here's my list in no specific order:

- Kevin Garnett
- Blake Griffin
- Pau Gasol
- Zach Randolph
- Al Horford
- Lamarcus Aldridge
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Chris Bosh
- Amare Stoudemire
- Kevin Love

Heck, I'll throw 3 more just for chuckles...

- Lamar Odom
- Luis Scola
- Tim Duncan

Anybody else I'm missing?

BRHornet45
02-06-2011, 02:06 AM
pure stupidity. sons don't feed the troll!

TE
02-06-2011, 02:07 AM
:lmao

BR

redzero
02-06-2011, 02:08 AM
:lol I don't think you'll find many David West fans on here. Or RealGM. Or ProSportsDaily. Or InsideHoops. Or pretty much any basketball forum outside of a Hornets one. You know, because David West isn't hyped that much.

But I'll just copy and paste my list from the other topic here:

1. Dirk Nowitzki
2. Pau Gasol
3. Kevin Love
4. Blake Griffin
5. Carlos Boozer
6. Chris Bosh
7. Amar'e Stoudemire
8. Lamarcus Aldridge
9. Zach Randolph
10. David Lee
11. Kevin Garnett
12. Al Jefferson when healthy

I count Timmy as a Center, but if you don't, put him on there, too.

ElNono
02-06-2011, 02:13 AM
:lol I don't think you'll find many David West fans on here. Or RealGM. Or ProSportsDaily. Or InsideHoops. Or pretty much any basketball forum outside of a Hornets one. You know, because David West isn't hyped that much.

But I'll just copy and paste my list from the other topic here:

I see you're truly a humble Hornetfan now, son. Thank you for participating in the thread.

ElNono
pure stupidity. sons don't feed the troll!

You don't have a list, son?

jjktkk

- Kevin Garnett
- Blake Griffin
- Pau Gasol
- Zach Randolph
- Al Horford
- Lamarcus Aldridge
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Chris Bosh
- Amare Stoudemire
- Kevin Love

- Lamar Odom
- Luis Scola
- Tim Duncan

- Carlos Boozer
- Josh Smith

sefant77
02-06-2011, 02:34 AM
Anthony Randolph

baseline bum
02-06-2011, 02:39 AM
You forgot Paul Millsap. It's easy to forget he has 3 point range.

WeNeedLength
02-06-2011, 02:42 AM
David West is like a really really poor man's Carlos Boozer tbh... :lmao

lefty
02-06-2011, 03:28 AM
West=black nowitzki

What's withose SG who play PF?

Xevious
02-06-2011, 05:30 AM
David West is like a really really poor man's Carlos Boozer tbh... :lmao
This.

Everyone listed in this thread is better than West.

LkrFan
02-06-2011, 05:40 AM
El Nono with the goods and the obvious truth.:lol

Rummpd
02-06-2011, 06:14 AM
To be fair West is a very good player and is a little smaller and a tweener who could also play SF at his position:

Today as a PF the only better locks are:

Duncan, Dirk and Garnett as historical greats with Dirk at the highest level daily - but in limited minutes and defensively Duncan and Garnett still far superior to anyone else mentioned with Duncan the best of all time and Garnett not far behind Duncan and Dirk not far behind that.

James, Anthony, Gasol, Amare, and Aldridge (who is under-appreciated) and right now Griffin and Love both outperforming him but need a larger body of work to be sure they are better. Odom depending on position is a more valuable player due to his diversity of options he gives a coach with his point guard like skills.

Boozer, Scola and a bunch of others = maybe maybe not - a lot of those mentioned above are nebulous.

Other than that I believe West is victim of playing in a small market and with the marketable and great Chris Paul. We may never truly know how good West is until he goes to another team.

I would be very glad to have David West on the Spurs if the Spurs get another big besides those they have to replace Duncan.

100%duncan
02-06-2011, 06:51 AM
To be fair West is a very good player and is a little smaller and a tweener who could also play SF at his position:

Today as a PF the only better locks are:

Duncan, Dirk and Garnett as historical greats with Dirk at the highest level daily - but in limited minutes and defensively Duncan and Garnett still far superior to anyone else mentioned with Duncan the best of all time and Garnett not far behind Duncan and Dirk not far behind that.

James, Anthony, Gasol, Amare, and Aldridge (who is under-appreciated) and right now Griffin and Love both outperforming him but need a larger body of work to be sure they are better. Odom depending on position is a more valuable player due to his diversity of options he gives a coach with his point guard like skills.

Boozer, Scola and a bunch of others = maybe maybe not - a lot of those mentioned above are nebulous.

Other than that I believe West is victim of playing in a small market and with the marketable and great Chris Paul. We may never truly know how good West is until he goes to another team.

I would be very glad to have David West on the Spurs if the Spurs get another big besides those they have to replace Duncan.

this but not the last paragraph

Rummpd
02-06-2011, 06:56 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?position=pf&league=west&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fstatistics%3fposition%3dpf%26league %3dwest

Why the hate and disdain for West? 7th ranked by PER in the West PFs when he is really playing out of position - on a team with two other bigs he would be unreal??? He also has been well coached and I believe would fit the Spurs well down the road!

Hell besides his fine NBA career the guy has a degree in communications and does great community work and sounds to me like the kind of person and player Spurs would love to have:

College: Garnered two of the five major college basketball Player of the Year honors in 2003…named AP National Player of the Year and was named National Player of the Year by the United States Basketball Writers Association…finished as the runner-up to Texas guard T.J. Ford in the voting for the Wooden Award…also received the Pete Newell Big Man award from the National Association of Basketball Coaches…named First Team All-America by AP as a senior and Second Team as a junior and earned Honorable Mention All-America honors from AP as a sophomore…became the first three-time Atlantic 10 Player of the Year…only the third player in Xavier history to surpass 2,000 points and only the second to eclipse 2,000 points and 1,000 rebounds, joining Tyrone Hill…tallied a school record 68 career double-doubles…led the A-10 in rebounding four consecutive seasons…scored in double figures 110 times in his career, including 86 of his last 87 games…ranks first in school history in blocks (228), free throws made (662) and free throws attempted (874)…had his no. 30 jersey retired by the school, joining Hill and Byron Larkin as the only three retired jerseys in school history…fifth in the nation and led the A-10 in rebounding (11.8 rpg) as a senior while finishing second in the conference in field goal percentage (.513), third in scoring (20.1 ppg) and fourth in blocks (1.6 bpg)…scored in double figures in all 32 games…scored a career-high 47 points against Dayton…named A-10 Player of the Year and the league’s Defensive Player of the Year as a junior…won A-10 Tournament MVP honors…averaged 9.8 rebounds (26th in nation) and 2.5 blocks (22nd in nation)…recorded the first triple-double in school history with 15 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists against Long Island University…led Xavier in scoring (17.8 ppg), rebounding (10.9 rpg, tops in A-10 and fourth nationally) and blocks (2.1 bpg) as a sophomore…posted the fifth 20-point, 20-rebound game in conference history with 26 points and 21 rebounds against George Washington…named to the A-10 All-Rookie Team as a freshman after leading the A-10 in rebounding (9.1) and finishing fourth on the Musketeers in scoring (11.7).

Personal

Completed his degree in communications…favorite NBA team before joining the Hornets was the San Antonio Spurs and his favorite players were Tim Duncan and David Robinson…very active in the Catholic Charities programs of New Orleans visiting sites and providing funding for the homeless community of the city...he and his wife, Leslie, have two children, a daughter, Dasia, and a son, David Benjamin...is an avid boxing fan and uses boxing drills as a way to condition himself during the offseason…was an active participant during black history month, judging an essay contest about what it means to kids and speaking to schools...recruited and coached at Xavier by the late Skip Prosser…sponsored a New Orleans AAU team for its 2006-07 season… in November 2009 helped to handout Thanksgiving meals to over 800 families of students from the New Orleans Recovery School District… along with Chris Paul donated 100 $100 shopping sprees at Toys ‘R’ Us to New Orleans children in December 2009…provides tickets to underprivileged youth with his player ticket group, the “Team D-West.”

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/david_west/bio.html

Other than Duncan there are probably no more than 6 PFs in the game I would truly want on my team for the Spurs than West - a lot of others that put up stats are prima donna or stat manufacturers on piss poor teams!

Warlord23
02-06-2011, 09:13 AM
David West would have been a perennial all-star and legend in the D-league or in China. Props to him for forsaking all that, and sacrificing himself to make other players look better in the NBA.

Muser
02-06-2011, 09:24 AM
If he played defense then he'd easily be top 10 tbh.

Bito Corleone
02-06-2011, 09:34 AM

- Kevin Garnett
- Blake Griffin
- Pau Gasol
- Zach Randolph
- Al Horford
- Lamarcus Aldridge
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Chris Bosh
- Amare Stoudemire
- Kevin Love

- Lamar Odom
- Luis Scola
- Tim Duncan

Cosigned

tdunk21
02-06-2011, 10:23 AM
big baby davis

Cane
02-06-2011, 10:49 AM
No real order:

- Kevin Garnett
- Blake Griffin
- Pau Gasol
- Zach Randolph
- Al Horford
- Lamarcus Aldridge
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Chris Bosh
- Amare Stoudemire
- Kevin Love
- Lamar Odom
- Luis Scola
- Tim Duncan
- Carlos Boozer
- Josh Smith
- Nene

jack sommerset
02-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Yao Ming
jj redick

Greg Oden
02-06-2011, 01:07 PM

He would be getting absolutely smoked if he played SF.

Pelicans78
02-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Scola and LA aren't better. West usually dominates both guys when they matchup.

Obvious guys are Dirk, Gasol, KG, Amare and maybe Griffin.

Some may be better offensively, some may be better defensively, and some guys are centers on the list. But only the ones mentioned above are truly better.

DAF86
02-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Is David West the most undeserving player of all time with multiple all-stars selections? I think so.

Mugen
02-06-2011, 03:01 PM
there are too many legit PFs in the league to worry about a MLE player like David West.

BRHornet45
02-06-2011, 03:53 PM
yet West still absolutely owns and dominates Tim Duncan head to head. anytime the Spurs are in town, I expect West to drop 30 and 10

WeNeedLength
02-06-2011, 04:38 PM
yet West still absolutely owns and dominates Tim Duncan head to head. anytime the Spurs are in town, I expect West to drop 30 and 10

And yet Tim Duncan will be chillin at the all-star game and David West will be watchin that shit at home... :lmao:lmao:lmao

Axe Murderer
02-06-2011, 04:42 PM

- Kevin Garnett
- Blake Griffin
- Pau Gasol
- Zach Randolph
- Al Horford
- Lamarcus Aldridge
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Chris Bosh
- Amare Stoudemire
- Kevin Love

- Lamar Odom
- Luis Scola
- Tim Duncan

tbh, when I opened the thread I expected a predicable troll post from ElNono but it's even funnier because this list is actually accurate :lol
:lmaoBR

WeNeedLength
02-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Can we add Demarcus Cousins? I think it is fair, because he's been beasting lately.

WeNeedLength
02-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Oh and Josh Smith.

admiralsnackbar
02-06-2011, 04:59 PM
I guess any degree is something nowadays... but is a degree in communications some great achievement? :lol

Seventyniner
02-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Didn't realize the NBA was so loaded at the PF position.

It's the center position in which the league is seriously lacking in.

Positions to find a quality player at, in order from easy to hard: PF, SG, SF, PG, C.

PF and SG maybe should be switched on that list.

jacobdrj
02-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Cosins Vs. West?
Griffin Vs. West?
Monroe Vs. West?