PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Brooks walks out on team; suspended 1 game

djohn2oo8
02-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Rockets guard Aaron Brooks will be suspended for Monday’s game in Denver (http://topics.chron.com/topics/Denver) after leaving the court in the fourth quarter Saturday at Toyota Center, Rockets general manager Daryl Morey (http://topics.chron.com/topics/Daryl_Morey) said.

Morey said he would have no additional comment. A one-game suspension is customary in such situations. Brooks did not travel with the Rockets to Denver on Sunday.

Brooks was taken out of Saturday’s overtime win against the Memphis Grizzlies (http://topics.chron.com/topics/Memphis_Grizzlies) with 6:45 left in the fourth quarter, but instead of heading to the bench, went to the locker room (http://topics.chron.com/topics/Changing_room).

Brooks has said he had been frustrated with his role coming off the bench and with his play, but had gotten over it. He was not available for comment.
Rockets coach Rick Adelman (http://topics.chron.com/topics/Rick_Adelman) indicated that Brooks was not injured. Asked where Brooks had gone, Adelman said, “I don’t know. I don’t know. You’d have to ask him.”

He may have gotten hosed with the contract, but being a pouty little bitch is unacceptable. Who wants him?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/7415579.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+houstonchronicle%2Ftopheadlin es+%28chron.com+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=Twitter

Pelicans78
02-06-2011, 01:02 PM
No one wants him. This guy has a history of tanking after things aren't going his way.

djohn2oo8
02-06-2011, 01:03 PM
No one wants him. This guy has a history of tanking after things aren't going his way.

Exactly. He thinks he's a star and can pull this crap just because.

Pelicans78
02-06-2011, 01:10 PM
I miss the days of T-Mac and Rafer in the backcourt. Went to alot of their games a few years ago.

djohn2oo8
02-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Yeah, vintage T-mac definitely spoiled us, helping us win 50 games a year even though we didn't go anywhere in the playoffs, it was still an exciting time. Now we can't even make it there

Pelicans78
02-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Yeah, vintage T-mac definitely spoiled us, helping us win 50 games a year even though we didn't go anywhere in the playoffs, it was still an exciting time. Now we can't even make it there

I think if Adelman got there sooner, T-Mac would have one a series or 2. Adelman never got to coach a healthy Yao/T-Mac in the playoffs. Van Gundy was overrated. Thibodeaux has always been the mastermind of Van Gundy's defense.

baseline bum
02-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Brooks is just a sour fuck pulling this kind of crap while playing for a 2-seed destined to take the division.

sribb43
02-06-2011, 05:53 PM
pussy

JamStone
02-06-2011, 06:08 PM
I forget who but someone posted Brooks was in the conversation as the fifth best PG in the league...

The Reckoning
02-06-2011, 07:04 PM
brooks sucks. he might be more athletic than lowry, but he'll never give as much effort as lowry does. trade him - he's a crappy asset that gets playing time off the bench because the coach doesnt know what else to do with his sulky ass. the guy is just there. he doesnt mean anything to the team.

lefty
02-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Who the fuck does Brook think he is?

Adelman is one of the best coaches in the NBA, and that little fuck thinks he knows better?

djohn2oo8
02-06-2011, 07:32 PM
I forget who but someone posted Brooks was in the conversation as the fifth best PG in the league...

Probably DaDakota or The Franchise

Who the fuck does Brook think he is?

Adelman is one of the best coaches in the NBA, and that little fuck thinks he knows better?

He needs to go, won't get anything for him, but at this point it is what it is

Spurs da champs
02-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Can you blame him? He's obviously much better then fat fuck Lowry. Adleman is a dumb ass.

lefty
02-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Can you blame him? He's obviously much better then fat fuck Lowry. Adleman is a dumb ass.
Brooks is a 3 pt chucker

Lowry may be less talented, but he is a tough mofo

noob cake
02-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Where are the Brooks homer now? Adelman benches him in the 4th this season, he destroys his own trade value. Morey can't be happy.

Danny.Zhu
02-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Morey was stupid to not have traded Brooks last summer when his value was at the peak.

djohn2oo8
02-06-2011, 08:09 PM

Brooks tends to let mistakes get into his head, and he is a chucker. He doesn't help this team anymore, he is selfish. He tried to start a fight with Kevin Love because of a hard foul, whiny little bitch

djohn2oo8
02-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Morey was stupid to not have traded Brooks last summer when his value was at the peak.

Yup, still, some team will be stupid enough to want him...(cough cough, Minny)

ElNono
02-06-2011, 08:20 PM

I did... I'll show my mug when I fess up... tbh, he used to be playing very well the last few seasons, at least I remember him lighting up one too many teams from outside.

sefant77
02-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Brooks is a better version of Barea and thats it.

He is not really starting material for a true contender and the scoring punch of the bench is the perfect role for him (Terry, Crawford etc).

But yeah, one good chucker season and he thinks he is star, rofl. And quitting on his team mates is such a absolutly no go

frodo
02-06-2011, 09:27 PM

fuck no. nigga always da hardworking dog out there, and neva tank things nomatta how bad dat team sux. rox playin like shit dis season which definitely disappoints dem niggas, brooks my nigga be young/ambitious so its understandable he left da court when his team being azzwhipped by dos opponents. da 7'6 big bitch neva leave the court cuz bitch never cares'bout his team, quitting such a pathetic match was just something dat only those who love the team would do.

frodo
02-06-2011, 09:30 PM
I miss the days of T-Mac and Rafer in the backcourt. Went to alot of their games a few years ago.

son u musta missed dos old days ef T-Mac and dat 7'6 whore also. t-mac was da trigga game in & game out but was always spotted on as the scapegoat whenever dat whore sucked and da team played bad as a result.

frodo
02-06-2011, 09:37 PM

nigga don't ever forget dat marvelous 22 winnin streak, t-mac da nigga played every game durin dis 22 game spell. howeva da biggest t-mac moment was dat 35 sec show at at&t, where he scored 13pts in the last 35secs ef da game and gained the W mainly by himself

Killakobe81
02-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Brooks is botch-made like Larry Drew's son. I would not want either in the trenches with me ...

frodo
02-06-2011, 09:44 PM
I think if Adelman got there sooner, T-Mac would have one a series or 2. Adelman never got to coach a healthy Yao/T-Mac in the playoffs. Van Gundy was overrated. Thibodeaux has always been the mastermind of Van Gundy's defense.

JVG managed a historic upset in 99' with da knicks, beating da No.1 seed in the 1st round and going on marching all da way to the finals, only lost the series to Tim&Rob by a short margin. Rockets imho neva got the needed pieces for a championship puzzle. draftin dat 7'6 whore wit da No.1 pick was a horrible mistake to begin wit, niggas been paying for it all these years ever since. dem woulda won a load of championships if they had da No.1 pick ef 03' instead of 02' imho

frodo
02-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Brooks tends to let mistakes get into his head, and he is a chucker. He doesn't help this team anymore, he is selfish. He tried to start a fight with Kevin Love because of a hard foul, whiny little bitch

nigga brooks ain't no harm 2 dis team imho. u not talkin'bout someone who earns 17m without playin at all any game the whole season, and 18m the next season for only 10 games or some. brooks da nigga only gets 2m from da team dis season, and dats the highest annual salary ef all his years in NBA

djohn2oo8
02-06-2011, 11:15 PM
nigga brooks ain't no harm 2 dis team imho. u not talkin'bout someone who earns 17m without playin at all any game the whole season, and 18m the next season for only 10 games or some. brooks da nigga only gets 2m from da team dis season, and dats the highest annual salary ef all his years in NBA

Tbh, in the locker room he is a problem. Adelman said himself that some players are griping about the lack of pt even though they haven't earned it

rapliketp
02-06-2011, 11:25 PM

Brooks is hitting 36.7 Pct from the field this season.

Yorae
02-06-2011, 11:35 PM
I never thought frodo could speak this way. How did gandalf ever understood him?

monosylab1k
02-07-2011, 12:14 AM
future 2 seeds just playin possum.

DaDakota
02-07-2011, 12:15 AM
Man, this is dissappointing.

AB can not leave the bench during a game, that is inexcusable.

Personally, I believe it is not his contract situation that is making him angry, but rather the way the organization has treated him overall.

He was playing great before the injury, and when he was rehabbing Adelman was talking about him getting back and resuming his role as a starter.

Then Lowry played well, and AB came back and Adelman backed off his promise....I think that more than anything else is what is bugging him, and now he sees Lowry struggling a bit, and probably feels he should be playing.

Then he gets yanked after only a few minutes in last night's game, and loses his cool. Hey, it happens, let's see how he handles himself going forward.

Right now, the entire Rockets organization is one big ole mess.

Morey talks too much for a GM, and treats players like assets, while other organizations give extensions to their good players, Morey sits on his hands and says "No extensions"

Doesn't exactly lead to a cozy environment.

And, Adelman is in the last year of his contract, so he is not going to develop anyone, even though this is a great year to go young and develop some of the talent on the bench like Terrance Williams.

The Rockets are a complete and utter mess......players don't want to come to Houston because they can see how the organization treats it's players.....like assets...they hear the GM on the radio and TV talking about how everyone is available etc...

Just poor poor people management, IMO.

Leave the marketing to the marketing department, treat the players well, and make the trades in secret.

Everyone knows it is a business, but not everyone reacts to hearing it over and over the same way.

AB is a valuable player, a good one, he is not the first nor the last player to be suspended.

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/03/24/sports/sports-people-pro-basketball-olajuwon-suspended-for-his-failure-to-play.html

It happened to Hakeem too.

DD

Trainwreck2100
02-07-2011, 12:21 AM
nigga don't ever forget dat marvelous 22 winnin streak, t-mac da nigga played every game durin dis 22 game spell. howeva da biggest t-mac moment was dat 35 sec show at at&t, where he scored 13pts in the last 35secs ef da game and gained the W mainly by himself

contrary to what commercials would have you believe that was at the toyata center not at att

The Reckoning
02-07-2011, 12:24 AM
aaron brooks isnt playing because he's sucking. lowry is putting up better numbers than him, so he starts. brooks wouldnt be in this issue if he'd used his time off the bench to play good bball. sorry senor.

DaDakota
02-07-2011, 12:29 AM
aaron brooks isnt playing because he's sucking. lowry is putting up better numbers than him, so he starts. brooks wouldnt be in this issue if he'd used his time off the bench to play good bball. sorry senor.

Lowry has been better than AB, especially lately, but Lowry is down in almost every statistical category over last year, and he is not exactly playing as well THIS year as AB did last year.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/DaDakota_2007/Lowrys.jpg

AB was and is a better player than Lowry, and he knows it, probably another thing bugging him.

Lowry is great as an energy spark plug off the bench, but his weaknesses really get exposed when teams force the Rockets to play a half court game.

He is young, still time to improve for both of them.

I believe AB is pissed at Adelman for not giving him his starting job back when he got healthy....

DD

The Reckoning
02-07-2011, 12:43 AM
lowry's playing alot more minutes than before, and he's still adjusting to his new role.

brooks' knee injury really messed him up, and in my opinion, he milked it a little long. lowry played well in his absence, and the rest is history. brooks is beyond athletic, but from what ive seen, he doesnt fit in very well with the team chemistry at all.

not to mention brooks has only an average of 4 ast per game, and is shooting .367. not very good stats for a toted pg. im sorry man, but he's an awkward addition to the team. he needs to go for a draft pick or something, so they can start rotating young players off the bench for exp.

djohn2oo8
02-07-2011, 12:52 AM
Man, this is dissappointing.

AB can not leave the bench during a game, that is inexcusable.

Personally, I believe it is not his contract situation that is making him angry, but rather the way the organization has treated him overall.

He was playing great before the injury, and when he was rehabbing Adelman was talking about him getting back and resuming his role as a starter.

Then Lowry played well, and AB came back and Adelman backed off his promise....I think that more than anything else is what is bugging him, and now he sees Lowry struggling a bit, and probably feels he should be playing.

Then he gets yanked after only a few minutes in last night's game, and loses his cool. Hey, it happens, let's see how he handles himself going forward.

Right now, the entire Rockets organization is one big ole mess.

Morey talks too much for a GM, and treats players like assets, while other organizations give extensions to their good players, Morey sits on his hands and says "No extensions"

Doesn't exactly lead to a cozy environment.

And, Adelman is in the last year of his contract, so he is not going to develop anyone, even though this is a great year to go young and develop some of the talent on the bench like Terrance Williams.

The Rockets are a complete and utter mess......players don't want to come to Houston because they can see how the organization treats it's players.....like assets...they hear the GM on the radio and TV talking about how everyone is available etc...

Just poor poor people management, IMO.

Leave the marketing to the marketing department, treat the players well, and make the trades in secret.

Everyone knows it is a business, but not everyone reacts to hearing it over and over the same way.

AB is a valuable player, a good one, he is not the first nor the last player to be suspended.

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/03/24/sports/sports-people-pro-basketball-olajuwon-suspended-for-his-failure-to-play.html

It happened to Hakeem too.

DD

1. Just because Brooks THINKS he should be playing doesn't make it so. He has to earn it, and he has been playing like shit even before the injury. He just simply does not make his teammates better

2. That is not the first time he lost his cool. That hard foul from Kevin Love, and Brooks throws the ball at him. It is unacceptable to walk out on your teammates. He is a goner

3. This is a BUSINESS. And a business has assets, I don't recall anyone signing a contract that has a "Don't hurt my feelings clause" in it. How do you know for a fact that Brooks wouldn't have done as bad as he is now even if he did get an extension? It's because he doesn't fit this team without Yao.

4. You DID NOT just compare a scrub to Hakeem Olajuwon :lmao

DaDakota
02-07-2011, 01:05 AM
1. Just because Brooks THINKS he should be playing doesn't make it so. He has to earn it, and he has been playing like shit even before the injury. He just simply does not make his teammates better

Agreed he has to earn it, and honestly he could, Lowry is no great shakes.

But you are wrong about him not making his teamates better, last year's team was better and it was led by AB, when healthy he is arguably the Rox best player.

2. That is not the first time he lost his cool. That hard foul from Kevin Love, and Brooks throws the ball at him. It is unacceptable to walk out on your teammates. He is a goner

All of it is related, he is surely struggling right now with his composure, due to all the stuff we have talked about.

RE: Goner - good GM's do not trade low, and lots of players have walked out and made amends....which is why I posted the Dream article for context.

3. This is a BUSINESS. And a business has assets, I don't recall anyone signing a contract that has a "Don't hurt my feelings clause" in it. How do you know for a fact that Brooks wouldn't have done as bad as he is now even if he did get an extension? It's because he doesn't fit this team without Yao.

He fit the team without Yao last year, just fine.

And he goes out with a severe ankle injury and struggles when he gets back and is frustrated, he is not the first, nor the last that has happened too.

I am not going to read all that much into it, the guy is struggling, pissed off at the organization, and needs to reconsider his priorities.

It happens.....

The point about the extension is more an overall point, while the Spurs sign their guys and everyone is happy, the Rockets do not and no one is happy.

When guys like Shane Battier are complaining about it, it matters.

DD

djohn2oo8
02-07-2011, 01:26 AM
Agreed he has to earn it, and honestly he could, Lowry is no great shakes.

But you are wrong about him not making his teamates better, last year's team was better and it was led by AB, when healthy he is arguably the Rox best player.

All of it is related, he is surely struggling right now with his composure, due to all the stuff we have talked about.

RE: Goner - good GM's do not trade low, and lots of players have walked out and made amends....which is why I posted the Dream article for context.

He fit the team without Yao last year, just fine.

And he goes out with a severe ankle injury and struggles when he gets back and is frustrated, he is not the first, nor the last that has happened too.

I am not going to read all that much into it, the guy is struggling, pissed off at the organization, and needs to reconsider his priorities.

It happens.....

The point about the extension is more an overall point, while the Spurs sign their guys and everyone is happy, the Rockets do not and no one is happy.

When guys like Shane Battier are complaining about it, it matters.

DD

Last year is last year. He does not fit because he and Martin are too similar to each other, and the team needs a distributing point guard.That he IS NOT. And take into account that last year we needed and asked him to score, which led to his 20 pts a game. But this year, we needed him to take that next step as a PG, and he couldn't do it. All he does is dribble, dribble, then chuck.

rickross
02-07-2011, 07:11 AM
trigga doin heavy work:toast

HornetLoveJones
02-07-2011, 07:36 AM
always liked Kyle Lowry more than pouting Brooks

DaDakota
02-07-2011, 08:35 AM
always liked Kyle Lowry more than pouting Brooks

I like both, but for more context Lowry pouted his way out of Memphis when he was labled as a backup behind Conley.

Kyle has to shoot better than 41%, and generate more assists than just 6.5 to be a quality PG.

When AB is on, he is top 10, Kyle is bottom 10......but plays better defense.

Neither is Chris Paul.

I prefer having them both in the same roles they played last year.

But it ain't up to me.

;)

DD

Ashy Larry
02-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Brooks for Fisher .......

DaDakota
02-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Brooks for Fisher .......

Funny !!

But we might do Brooks for Bynum.

DD

Ashy Larry
02-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Brooks for Bynum ...... we'd finally have our quick perimeter point guard who can actually shoot

Brazil
02-07-2011, 10:06 AM
dude is recovering from a serious injury and doesn't see a lot of PT, he is frustrated. He's going to be fine

Cry Havoc
02-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Brooks for Walton or Blake + picks.

djohn2oo8
02-07-2011, 11:18 AM
LOL @ DD saying Brooks is a top 10 point guard when he is on