PDA

View Full Version : Apple iPhone users...

DMX7
02-06-2011, 11:32 PM
How much are you paying per month for your phone and do you think it's worth it?

PM5K
02-07-2011, 02:32 AM
Too much, absolutely.

It's not just iPhones though, it's any phone with a data plan, that's what makes it expensive. Then add a family that wants unlimited texting, and shit adds up.

leemajors
02-07-2011, 09:11 AM
I pay about $70 and have unlimited texting on a family plan, but get 20% off.

resistanze
02-07-2011, 09:33 AM
I use to pay about $65 a month after taxes but I used my mad negotiation skills to reduce my bill to $39/month after taxes.

bus driver
02-07-2011, 10:19 AM

this is what i pay. i have unlimited data, 200 text

Viva Las Espuelas
02-07-2011, 10:26 AM

I use to pay about $65 a month after taxes but I used my mad negotiation skills to reduce my bill to $39/month after taxes.

Damn. How in the hell do y'all do that. Lee, I understand it may be because you have a family plan. Me, I do not and I pay about $100 a month. I'd really like to get that down, short of leaving AT&T all together. Damn, $39?!?! How did you swing that? Did you go crazy on them or what?

Bito Corleone
02-07-2011, 10:39 AM
iPhone is overrated tbh. It was the basically the first phone of it's kind, but is by no means the best these days.

I've got the HTC evo on Sprint and I pay $70/month, but have unlimited data, text, and calls to any cell phone (not just Sprint network.) The only thing on my plan that is not unlimited is calls to land lines, and get 1500 minutes for those...but who the hell calls/uses land lines anymore?

CosmicCowboy
02-07-2011, 10:52 AM
$30 a month for unlimited on mine. But I've got 6 phones on my plan.

mrsmaalox
02-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Waaayyy too much. I have one of those AT&T bullshit bundle plans. For home phone service (why I still have this I don't know), internet, and 5 cell phones (4 data plans and unlimited texting) I pay $350/month. That's embarrassing to admit :(

Viva Las Espuelas
02-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Nah. $70 a pop isn't bad for all that. And, yeah I'd ixnay the landline BUT that may raise your rate.

Whisky Dog
02-07-2011, 11:41 AM
These mofos are expensive but come in very handy for someone who travels a lot like me

Nathan Explosion
02-07-2011, 11:55 AM
iPhone is overrated tbh. It was the basically the first phone of it's kind, but is by no means the best these days.

I've got the HTC evo on Sprint and I pay $70/month, but have unlimited data, text, and calls to any cell phone (not just Sprint network.) The only thing on my plan that is not unlimited is calls to land lines, and get 1500 minutes for those...but who the hell calls/uses land lines anymore?

Unless you go overseas. Then the Evo is useless. And the Epic is a better phone.

I get a discount and pay $90 a month. I never come close to my data cap or my anytime minutes as the two people I call most are AT&T customers.

Plus, since I'm at work most of the time, I text more than I talk on the phone.

Cry Havoc
02-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Unless you go overseas. Then the Evo is useless. And the Epic is a better phone.

I get a discount and pay $90 a month. I never come close to my data cap or my anytime minutes as the two people I call most are AT&T customers.

Plus, since I'm at work most of the time, I text more than I talk on the phone.

I'd rather have an Evo than an Epic, as I can type far faster on a touchscreen keyboard on a phone rather than a real one, but neither are even close to being top of the line for Android anymore. The new HTC Thunderbolt is going to blow everything away.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-07-2011, 12:32 PM
:lol just couldn't resist.

Cry Havoc
02-07-2011, 12:43 PM

???

I didn't bring up Android in this thread, and I'm not bashing Apple here either. So chill out, homie.

Slydragon
02-07-2011, 05:33 PM
I have sprint and pay with taxes, 271.00 for five phones
Unlimited data
My 4g epic has wifi hotspot
One phone has international push to talk(Nextel)
1500 shared
Unlimited texts
Nights and weekends
4 phones have full insurance also.

Texas_Ranger
02-07-2011, 05:42 PM
I pay around 30$ and I've got all calls and messages for free.

resistanze
02-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Damn. How in the hell do y'all do that. Lee, I understand it may be because you have a family plan. Me, I do not and I pay about $100 a month. I'd really like to get that down, short of leaving AT&T all together. Damn, $39?!?! How did you swing that? Did you go crazy on them or what?

People in the know are aware of a negotiation tactic up here to get in hold of the customer retentions department. Get through to cancellations and they'll send you to retentions, who have the power to drastically reduce your plan. Either give them a sob story, criticize the price straight up, whatever. As long as you're not a total dick they'll budge and start giving you credits for your services.

Right now I'm receiving:
Monthly Credit - $10/month
Another monthly - $8/month
Call display credit - $8/month
Early evenings credit - $7/month
Call fwd/transfer credit - $3/month

So I'm receiving $36 of credits per month, hence is why I went from paying $65 to $39/month :lol

Tinystarz
02-07-2011, 09:35 PM
People in the know are aware of a negotiation tactic up here to get in hold of the customer retentions department. Get through to cancellations and they'll send you to retentions, who have the power to drastically reduce your plan. Either give them a sob story, criticize the price straight up, whatever. As long as you're not a total dick they'll budge and start giving you credits for your services.

Right now I'm receiving:

So I'm reeving $36 of credits per month, hence is why I went from paying $65 to $39/month :lol

so basically bitch and bitch :lol

2centsworth
02-07-2011, 10:29 PM
about $200 per month for a family plan with 2500 mins talk and unlimited text.

I'm probably getting robbed, but I don't trust any other phone for my business. I can do everything I need, even deposit a check.

The_Worlds_finest
02-08-2011, 02:59 PM
No shit, crigina is so god damn annoying, "I'm not bashing apple but I'd rather Wank it to the thunderturd"

The_Worlds_finest
02-08-2011, 03:01 PM
http://phandroid.com/2011/02/08/rumor-htc-thunderbolt-delayed-with-no-eta-4g-hotsot-too/

Because people want an iPhone

Viva Las Espuelas
02-08-2011, 03:27 PM

Right now I'm receiving:

So I'm receiving $36 of credits per month, hence is why I went from paying $65 to $39/month :lol
Cool. I was thinking that's the way it worked. I wouldn't mind paying up $70 a month just like Sprint but I'm waiting to see what's the deal with the new phones that are being released.

phxspurfan
02-09-2011, 02:15 PM
$68 (discounted) and yes, absolutely. If I was paying $100 like some people I'd cut back.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-09-2011, 02:17 PM
$68 (discounted) and yes, absolutely. If I was paying $100 like some people I'd cut back.

With?

phxspurfan
02-09-2011, 02:18 PM

Are you on a 2yr commitment? If you're not I guess I can see the threatening to cancel thing working, otherwise they would just sya go ahead and you would pay the early termination charge.

phxspurfan
02-09-2011, 02:18 PM
With?

AT&T. But the plan ends in March so I may switch.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-09-2011, 02:22 PM
AT&T. But the plan ends in March so I may switch.

Cool. So how did you get it that low? Call and politely bitch?

phxspurfan
02-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Cool. So how did you get it that low? Call and politely bitch?

I wish (I did do that bitching stuff with satellite radio and now I get 3 months for $18 with the premium package). But this one's from a company discount.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-09-2011, 02:26 PM
I see. I'd ask which company but I guess that'd be too personal. When I first switched to AT&T a friend of mine said she was going to help me with the bill by putting my employer as ups but I guess she didn't. :bang

resistanze
02-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Are you on a 2yr commitment? If you're not I guess I can see the threatening to cancel thing working, otherwise they would just sya go ahead and you would pay the early termination charge.

3 year contract even. They would rather keep your business for 3 years then have you pay an ECF and leave forever. More money in the long-term.

phxspurfan
02-09-2011, 02:51 PM
3 year contract even. They would rather keep your business for 3 years then have you pay an ECF and leave forever. More money in the long-term.

Iiinteresting...

*grabs phone*

resistanze
02-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Iiinteresting...

*grabs phone*

:lol

If they DO call your bluff to cancel...hang that shit up!

tlongII
02-09-2011, 03:10 PM
I pay around $110-140 per month. I could get a company discount and drop it to $20-30 per month, but then I would have to hook it up to my work email system. I get over 100 emails a day so there is no effing way I will do that!

Tinystarz
02-09-2011, 03:13 PM
:lol

If they DO call your bluff to cancel...hang that shit up!

*at&t calls back*

at&t: excuse me sir it seems you were disconnected this is a courtesy call...would you like to continue you cancellation?

you: click

that wouldn't happen but still.

MannyIsGod
02-09-2011, 03:31 PM
I don't have an Iphone, but we have 3 phones (2 of which are smart phones) on our plan with Sprint that includes everything and it comes out to about 40 dollars a month per phone with unlimited data and mobile to mobile minutes.

This account has also been open with Sprint for over a decade so in addition to a corporate discount there is also a sizeable rebate they give us per year (I think its basically a free month of service if I remember correctly) and a faster phone upgrade rebate for the main line.

MannyIsGod
02-09-2011, 03:32 PM
I pay around $110-140 per month. I could get a company discount and drop it to $20-30 per month, but then I would have to hook it up to my work email system. I get over 100 emails a day so there is no effing way I will do that!

Fuck dude, thats outrageous. You pay as much for one phone as we do for 3.

Sisk
02-09-2011, 05:56 PM
I've heard through some people I know at AT&T that apparently they're announcing unlimited mobile to mobile on any carrier tomorrow.

Nathan Explosion
02-09-2011, 08:48 PM
*at&t calls back*

at&t: excuse me sir it seems you were disconnected this is a courtesy call...would you like to continue you cancellation?

you: click

that wouldn't happen but still.

Hang up again and blame it on the "shitty" AT&T signal.

Nathan Explosion
02-09-2011, 09:14 PM
I've heard through some people I know at AT&T that apparently they're announcing unlimited mobile to mobile on any carrier tomorrow.

It's happening. The AT&T website is already telling people to come back tomorrow (Thursday) to start signing up.

People who have accounts already have to make sure their existing plan qualifies and then they have to actually sign up for the unlimited mobile to mobile to any phone. Can't just assume it will happen automatically.

First, you must be able to make the call—but let’s not rag on AT&T’s service today. Secondly, though, to qualify for Unlimited Mobile to Any Mobile, you must maintain an unlimited messaging plan and a “qualifying” voice plan with AT&T.

But if you do have that unlimited texting plan (which costs $20 per month for individuals, and $30 per month for FamilyTalk plans) and one of those so-called qualifying voice plans, you can start enjoying free mobile-to-mobile calls—both those you place and those you receive—as of Thursday.

It appears, however, that you must sign up for Mobile to Any Mobile at AT&T’s Website, even if your account already fits the bill. The company promises that more details—including, one would hope, just which voice plans do indeed qualify—are coming on Thursday.

http://www.macworld.com/article/157774/2011/02/att_unlimited.html

DMX7
02-11-2011, 02:23 AM
I'm probably just going to wait until iPhone 5 comes out. I hear it should be a nice upgrade from the previous generation.