PDA

View Full Version : Just Who In The Eff Does Perkins Think He Is

Koolaid_Man
02-07-2011, 08:31 AM
First Rondo thinking he can carry a team like A.I and now Perkins thinking he's the next coming of Baby Drew...:lolman I tell ya some ungrateful bastards...

This dude is a dumb knuckle dragging caveman scrub if there ever was one...

Perkins Rejects $30M Extension Offer From Boston

Feb 06, 2011 23:40 PM EST

http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Perkins_Kendrick_bos_090502.jpg
Kendrick Perkins has turned down an extension offer of $30 million over four years from the Celtics.
Perkins, represented by agent Arn Tellem, has opted to wait until he is an unrestricted free agent.

Via Boston Herald (http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1314659)

Rummpd
02-07-2011, 08:41 AM
lakers-fan.com/kendrick-perkins-sucks

or http://www.talk-sports.net/nba/sucks.aspx/Kendrick_Perkins

Go vent on the above sites as well and by the way - totally agree with you for once! He often shows up on overrated NBA player lists - Big slow body with little skill just blessed to play on a very strong team and with Garnett or others at his size is flat out not that good and I believe Big Baby Davis is a more effective player overall because he can shoot, also fills up space and boards, and has won games under pressure.

If I was Boston I would say see you and would not be surprised at all if they did.

Leetonidas
02-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Wow, what a dumbass. This retard is gonna be sporting that stupid scowl for the rest of his career after he gets a contract worth significantly less after the new CBA. :lmao :lmao

JamStone
02-07-2011, 09:27 AM
Don't have a source reference, but I read somewhere Perkins agent told the Celtics he'd command 5 years, $50 million as a free agent. But then again, Brendan Haywood got $50 million over 6 years and Andris Biedrins got $9 million a year. $8 million a year seems pretty fair by NBA standards.

Ashy Larry
02-07-2011, 09:37 AM
no wonder there's a pending lockout ...... see Luke Walton's contract.

sefant77
02-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Don't have a source reference, but I read somewhere Perkins agent told the Celtics he'd command 5 years, $50 million as a free agent. But then again, Brendan Haywood got $50 million over 6 years and Andris Biedrins got $9 million a year. $8 million a year seems pretty fair by NBA standards.

Haywood didnt get a real 50 million contract and everyone (including himself) knew in the moment of the signing that he wont get 50 million out of this contract.

And everyone telling "ah, maybe its a hardcap next year with the CBA blabla": It wont happen from one year to another. Just watch the payrolls of the really important franchises in the league. If a hardcap comes then with at least 4-5 years pre-announcement.

Perkins probably get easily a better offer by the Thunder. Or full MLE by the Heat (35/5 with no state tax) if the new CBA doesnt change the MLE that much.

boutons_deux
02-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Perkins make me think of the creature in Jeepers Creepers.

However, gotta give the guy a break, Ozen HS and Beaumont TX are really shitty places to grow up.

JamStone
02-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Haywood didnt get a real 50 million contract and everyone (including himself) knew in the moment of the signing that he wont get 50 million out of this contract.

And everyone telling "ah, maybe its a hardcap next year with the CBA blabla": It wont happen from one year to another. Just watch the payrolls of the really important franchises in the league. If a hardcap comes then with at least 4-5 years pre-announcement.

Perkins probably get easily a better offer by the Thunder. Or full MLE by the Heat (35/5 with no state tax) if the new CBA doesnt change the MLE that much.

I didn't feel like qualifying the contract with it's non-guaranteed year. $50 million over 6 years or about $40 million over 5. Either way. It's still about $8-9 million a year for a guy who the Mavs don't even play that much at all. The point is if Haywood can get that contract, then Perkins and his agent have an argument to wanting more than the $30 million extension.

Bito Corleone
02-07-2011, 10:26 AM
He should fire his agent for making him believe he's even going to sniff that kind of money after the new CBA.

Cry Havoc
02-07-2011, 10:41 AM
I didn't feel like qualifying the contract with it's non-guaranteed year. $50 million over 6 years or about $40 million over 5. Either way. It's still about $8-9 million a year for a guy who the Mavs don't even play that much at all. The point is if Haywood can get that contract, then Perkins and his agent have an argument to wanting more than the $30 million extension.

Who do you think is going to give him that? Haywood could command such a deal because he had (has? Probably not now) legitimate potential. Is Perkins going to suddenly become an 18-9 guy? Even a 17-7 guy?

mingus
02-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Could be he just wants to see where the team is by the end of the year. He probbly goes to Miami.

Mel_13
02-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Who do you think is going to give him that? Haywood could command such a deal because he had (has? Probably not now) legitimate potential. Is Perkins going to suddenly become an 18-9 guy? Even a 17-7 guy?

You may want to check Haywood's career numbers. He never had the potential to put up the numbers you suggest. OTOH, Perkins is five years younger and definitely has the potential to surpass Haywood; many would say he already has.

eisfeld
02-07-2011, 12:10 PM
... can carry a team like A.I ...

Retarded?

cheguevara
02-07-2011, 01:12 PM
who the EFF does Bynum think he is?