PDA

View Full Version : Really Spur fan...really?

DrHouse
02-07-2011, 11:18 AM
I had to make a reappearance after reading your tripe on this forum and elsewhere.

Your team is a glorified version of the Phoenix Suns that plays slightly better defense. We know that formula doesn't work in the playoffs, and it's going to be a sad day when you folks realize this as the Spurs are eliminated from the playoffs by either the Mavs or Lakers.

Size matters. Especially in the playoffs. It's the single reason why the defensive juggernaut Boston Celtics LOST the Finals last season. They simply didn't have the size to compete with LA and got dominated on the glass. Even though LA shot like utter garbage in the 7th game, they outrebounded Boston so significantly it didn't even matter.

The Spurs have no size. Outside of Duncan, who has already lost more than a step and can barely jump, they have nobody. Literally, nobody. Some ugly white dude who's absolute garbage, another white dude that shoots nothing but 3's, and then the midget Blair. This will be the single reason why the Spurs lose.

When push comes to shove in the playoffs, the Spurs won't have the interior defense to stop teams like LA from dominating the glass. Just because you haven't seen it in a regular season game doesn't mean it won't happen, we all know the Lakers are more or less gliding through the regular season at this point. They are a championship vet team with nothing to prove.

For years I used to hear you guys cry out that regular season didn't mean shit and SPAM, but now that you all of a sudden have a decent regular season record it actually matters? Funny.

Cry Havoc
02-07-2011, 11:28 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/defense-per-game/sort/shootingEfficiencyOpponent

Congrats, you're .03% (that's .003) ahead of the Spurs in FG defense.

I'll take our slightly worse FG defense, and you guys can keep Steve Blake and Derek Fisher as your starting/backup points. You're going to win a lot of playoff games with them this year. :lol :tu

Cry Havoc
02-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Btw, welcome back House. Your SuperBowl commercials were awesome.

FkLA
02-07-2011, 11:37 AM
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5100/235668489.gif

mark of a champion
02-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Wow, maybe you should be worried about your non existant bench and growing number of home losses before you cast stones. Spurs have depth and excellent team play and know how to win championships. Keep *coasting* through the regular season. Apparently you don't want home court advantage because you can't beat anyone of significance at home...

Venti Quattro
02-07-2011, 11:45 AM
LOL the legend is backkkk

Brazil
02-07-2011, 11:55 AM

ohmwrecker
02-07-2011, 11:58 AM
4 fails out of 4 attempts at a rebound and old man Dyess gets the tip in for the win? Really Lakerfan . . . really?

eisfeld
02-07-2011, 12:06 PM
fake...

ElNono
02-07-2011, 12:07 PM
:sleep

TimmehC
02-07-2011, 12:08 PM
4 fails out of 4 attempts at a rebound and old man Dyess gets the tip in for the win? Really Lakerfan . . . really?

but but but the Spurs are the ones that can't get rebounds.

Blake
02-07-2011, 12:17 PM
This is at least the fourth or fifth time I have read this type of thread from laker troll.

Please bring in the relief from the bullpen

Bito Corleone
02-07-2011, 12:33 PM
You're a little late to the party. I hope you brought extra booze to make up for it. :toast

Cry Havoc
02-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Btw, defensive efficiency:

Spurs are 7th at 100.7

Lakers are 9th at 102.2

manufan10
02-07-2011, 01:33 PM
http://skiddiecentral.us/img/butthurt.jpg

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-07-2011, 02:05 PM
I agree with everything Dr. House said

BlackSwordsMan
02-07-2011, 02:14 PM
crucify em drhouse

kamikazi_player
02-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Welcome back DrHouse

Btw Culby was sent to the tree of woe so you might wanna make another epic retirement thread and leave again.

manufan10
02-07-2011, 02:44 PM

Which doesn't surprise anyone. :sleep

cheguevara
02-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Welcome back DrHouse

Btw Culby was sent to the tree of woe so you might wanna make another epic retirement thread and leave again.

:lol

DMC
02-07-2011, 03:07 PM
I don't think the regular season is much of an indicator in this case, however it's still fun to watch you bandwagon fans go all acidic on your own team like a fucking cancer.

it's me
02-07-2011, 03:20 PM

RJ face to Artest :lmao

jjktkk
02-07-2011, 03:26 PM

Imagine that. :lol

manufan10
02-07-2011, 03:27 PM

:lol I just saw that

cheguevara
02-07-2011, 03:28 PM

:rollin

The Franchise
02-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Every time I come in the NBA forum I'm reminded why I took a break. Welcome back I guess.

SenorSpur
02-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Humorous thread.

When Faker Fan starts an anti-Spur diatribe following a recent Faker loss to the Spurs, it simply means Faker fan is VERY worried.

House is right about one thing though - the size disadvantage. However, despite that disadvantage, the Spurs are probably the only Western Conference team that has enough overall roster depth to counter the big, bad, Fakers in a 7-game playoff series. It would be a tough matchup, but not an automatic, by any means.

The one thing House forgot to mention is the obvious advantage the Spurs have in the back court.

DesignatedT
02-07-2011, 04:46 PM
:lmao

dunkman
02-07-2011, 04:49 PM
The Spurs are not a small team and can make some adjustments for the playoffs. Duncan is in cruise control and plays in limited minutes. Dice isn't a small PF and can jump, he also plays in very small minutes. Splitter is another possible adjustment. When out of position, Bynum and Gasol can't get the rebounds over the back of those players. While Bynum can move Splitter, Splitter will get stronger by playoffs time. Odom is not much bigger than Blair or Bonner. RJ and Manu are good rebounders for their positions and PG's catch few rebounds in a game, that isn't a factor.

There could be +3 rpg advatage in rebounding during the series, but rebounds are desire too, and the Spurs are hungrier than the Lakers to get out of the west. Also, it's not all down to rebounding. The Lakers lack in other aspects. Perimeter defense, lack of speed, bellow average PG's, average SF's on offense and Kobe taking over games which is seldom an advantage, etc.

The Celtics lost the game 6 because Perkins went down early in the game, they were unprepared. For the game 7, without their starting center, they were to lose the rebounding battle. But the game was close and the refs awarded too many FT's for the Lakers in the 4-th quarter. It would have been better to let the players decide the game. Ray Allen was distracted with some personal stuff and played like crap in the first games of the finals, the Lakers were lucky, also prepared to take advantage.

spursfan09
02-07-2011, 04:52 PM
I had to make a reappearance after reading your tripe on this forum and elsewhere.

Your team is a glorified version of the Phoenix Suns that plays slightly better defense. We know that formula doesn't work in the playoffs, and it's going to be a sad day when you folks realize this as the Spurs are eliminated from the playoffs by either the Mavs or Lakers.

Size matters. Especially in the playoffs. It's the single reason why the defensive juggernaut Boston Celtics LOST the Finals last season. They simply didn't have the size to compete with LA and got dominated on the glass. Even though LA shot like utter garbage in the 7th game, they outrebounded Boston so significantly it didn't even matter.

The Spurs have no size. Outside of Duncan, who has already lost more than a step and can barely jump, they have nobody. Literally, nobody. Some ugly white dude who's absolute garbage, another white dude that shoots nothing but 3's, and then the midget Blair. This will be the single reason why the Spurs lose.

When push comes to shove in the playoffs, the Spurs won't have the interior defense to stop teams like LA from dominating the glass. Just because you haven't seen it in a regular season game doesn't mean it won't happen, we all know the Lakers are more or less gliding through the regular season at this point. They are a championship vet team with nothing to prove.

For years I used to hear you guys cry out that regular season didn't mean shit and SPAM, but now that you all of a sudden have a decent regular season record it actually matters? Funny.

Calm down. You and other fans are the one making a big deal about this record. We know reg season doesn't matter if you don't win the ring at the end. Spurs just have a bad ass record at the moment. I think most smart fans know that Spurs have to prove it in the post season. Funny, that Mavs have never proven anything in the playoffs, yet you use them as a level that we need to reach. :lol

spursfan09
02-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Oh and something else thats funny.

Old man Kobe can be coasting waitin to turn it on in the playoffs, but there's no way in hell that old man Duncan could also be coasting as well. huh

Leetonidas
02-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Dis nigga trollin

Roger Freemason Jr.
02-07-2011, 05:43 PM

heh, yeah that "midget" Blair really destroyed your exceptionally large front-court. & I didn't think, given you're high stature among the weaklings, that you'd fall into their category of making excuses, the worst being "we all know the Lakers are just gliding through the reg. season".

Spur's fans can admit the Lakers are one of the toughest teams in the NBA, but why can't you admit that perhaps the Laker's are in for a dog-fight with this revamped Spurs team?

awktalk
02-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Lakers have a great opportunity tonight to tie the season series at 2 a piece with a win in Memphis tonight. This is a huge game, could determine the tiebreaker for the 8th seed.

Spursmania
02-07-2011, 08:22 PM

DMC
02-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Really Spur fan...really?
Yeah, really... faggot. Get over it, become scarce again.

WeNeedLength
02-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Hey I think I found DrHouse and his failing self...

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/30/gun_fail.gif

Punchy
02-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Sup, JizzedAndAbused.

easy7
02-07-2011, 10:59 PM
WTF? Another we will be better than you in the playoffs thread? :sleep

Axe Murderer
02-08-2011, 01:13 AM
crofl

House is back

LaMarcus Bryant
02-08-2011, 01:18 AM
The funniest thing about this thread is when every one of you mass-shittalkers get banned for like the whole summer if the spurs lose. Then you laker fans will have to find something else to do all summer than post on SpursTalk. :rollin