PDA

View Full Version : simmons: nash should go back to dallas

Phillip
02-07-2011, 11:20 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/110204&sportCat=nfl

Q: Me: It'd be an insult to us if you're still here in 20 years. Hangin' around here is a [expletive] waste of your time.

Steve: You don't know that.

Me: I don't?

Steve: No. You don't know that.

Me: Oh, I don't know that? Let me tell you what I do know. Every few days I come by U.S. Airways Center and I watch you play. And you go out and dish a few assists, and it's great. You know what the best part of my day is? It's for about 10 seconds before I log into ESPN.com. Because I think maybe I'll get up there and I'll read about the Suns trading you. No goodbye, no see you later, no nothin'. Just left. I don't know much, but I know that.
-- Mike, Scottsdale, Ariz.

SG: That was well done. I want Phoenix to trade Nash to Dallas for the following reasons:

1. They owe it to him. He's loyal, he's Canadian, and he cares too much about the inner workings of a team (and his role as the leader of the team) to ever undermine a situation by pushing publicly for a deal. They owe it to him to do the right thing.

2. You gotta love the wrinkle of Dallas reacquiring Nash when it never should have let him go in the first place. How often does a franchise get to atone for a mistake on that level?

3. A reunion of Dirk, Nash and Cuban allows them to recreate one of the unintentionally funniest pictures (http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2010/news/features/art_garcia/02/11/cuban.qanda/newmavs.jpg) in the history of sports. Also, how much fun would it be to have best friends and two of the best 35 players ever (Nowitzki and Nash) chasing their first title with the one owner who can definitively say "I got screwed out of a ring" (Cuban)?

4. Of the contenders, Boston, Chicago, New Orleans San Antonio, Utah and Oklahoma City don't need a point guard; Miami, Atlanta and Orlando don't have enough to trade; the Nuggets are out because they're being held hostage by Carmelo; and the Lakers don't match up (I can't see either team doing a Bynum/Blake for Nash/Gortat deal). So who's left? Dallas! The Mavs could offer Rodrigue Beaubois (a legitimate trade chip), Caron Butler's expiring deal (with the promise that Phoenix waives him so Dallas can re-sign him), DeShawn Stevenson's expiring, their 2011 No. 1 pick and $3 million for Nash, Grant Hill and Josh Childress (whose unseemly contract would be the Trade Tax for giving up Nash and Hill).

5. What's a better feel-good story than (A) the Nash-Dirk reunion; (B) the Nash-Marion reunion; (C) the Nash-Cuban reunion; and (D) Nash, Hill, Jason Kidd and Nowitzki making a run at the Finals together? Anything? Throw in Tyson Chandler, Shawn Marion, Jason Terry, Peja Stojakovic and Brendan Haywood's corpse and that's a pretty fascinating nine-man rotation. I don't think Dallas can win a title with the team it has. With Nash? It could win. Phoenix owes it to Nash (and really, CUBAN owes it to Nash) to pull the trigger.

Phillip
02-07-2011, 11:21 AM
interesting thought for sure. Nash and Hill in Dallas?

Fpoonsie
02-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Put Nash/Hill on that team w/ a fully recovered Roddy...

NBA=not fucked, necessarily, but at the very least, aggressively fondled.

Phillip
02-07-2011, 11:37 AM
i wonder, is there any scenario in which phoenix would allow such a trade without Roddy? however i think this is a trade i wouldnt mind including Roddy in though, as opposed to the rent-a-melo idea which is fucking retarded in my opinion. at least with Nash and Hill, you got a couple guys who still have some solid basketball left in them and will be around for more than a few months, and childress is a solid player too. say a trade happens of butler, roddy, barea, picks and cash for nash, hill and childress goes down...

PG - Kidd/Nash
SG - Stevenson/Terry
SF - Peja/Childress
PF - Nowitzki/Marion
C - Chandler, Haywood

very interesting.

my one question is how good Childress is on defense, and whether he can play as SG

TheRealCB
02-07-2011, 11:37 AM
The idea is to trade Beaubois away,and that's the only aspect of the trade I don't like.

Phillip
02-07-2011, 11:38 AM
The idea is to trade Beaubois away,and that's the only aspect of the trade I don't like.

hey, if you can get Nash, Hill, and Childress out of it, I am for it. Hate to lose Roddy, but at least you get three legit players who have all confirmed that they are solid NBA caliber players.

monosylab1k
02-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Rodrigue Beaubois (a legitimate trade chip)

What the FUCK?

I was assured by all kinds of people on this forum that Roddy is some anonymous scrub that nobody in the league has ever heard of, and thinking he's a legitimate trade chip is idiotic.

monosylab1k
02-07-2011, 11:42 AM
hey, if you can get Nash, Hill, and Childress out of it, I am for it. Hate to lose Roddy, but at least you get three legit players who have all confirmed that they are solid NBA caliber players.

Can Nash and Kidd coexist on the court? I could see that being a team chemistry nightmare.

Phillip
02-07-2011, 11:47 AM
What the FUCK?

I was assured by all kinds of people on this forum that Roddy is some anonymous scrub that nobody in the league has ever heard of, and thinking he's a legitimate trade chip is idiotic.

LMAO

Can Nash and Kidd coexist on the court? I could see that being a team chemistry nightmare.

I bet they could. Both of them are getting older and want their minutes cut a bit, while both are missing a title on their HOF resumes. I bet Nash would be more than willing to be the 6th man. Even Kidd before the season started said he wouldnt mind coming off the bench if things worked out with Roddy.

monosylab1k
02-07-2011, 11:50 AM
LMAO

I bet they could. Both of them are getting older and want their minutes cut a bit, while both are missing a title on their HOF resumes. I bet Nash would be more than willing to be the 6th man. Even Kidd before the season started said he wouldnt mind coming off the bench if things worked out with Roddy.

I think you seriously underestimate both of those guys' egos. I'm sure they'd put things aside for a while since they're both a little more mature and both want to win, but I guarantee you that whoever is getting the short end of the stick regarding actual minutes running the show will be griping about it at some point.

Phillip
02-07-2011, 11:59 AM
hard to say

but i think it would definitely work at least for this year, and would have a good chance at making the mavs the hands down favorite for the championship, as well as either giving them some solid players for the next few years, or if it doesnt work out, at least they have a number of trade chips with kidd, nash, hill, etc...

i like this idea 1000000x better than the rent a melo, which would deplete the team a lot more for the trade itself, and leave them with absolutely nothing in the end after he bolts for NY.

ohmwrecker
02-07-2011, 12:14 PM
I was under the impression that Cubes burned a bridge there, but if they could pull that off, the Mavs would be scary.

TheRealCB
02-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Now they are not?

ohmwrecker
02-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Now they are not?

I'm too worried about the Mavs right now. They are a good team, but Dirk needs help for sure.

Chillen
02-07-2011, 12:45 PM
I never understood the Suns organization's loyalty to Nash. They've had a good ride, they made it to the WCF twice but it's not like he has won them NBA championships. They can retire his number still if they trade him, obviously he puts people in the seats there in Phoenix and he is not the kind of player that has the ego to cry trade. I don't see him being traded but it remains possible I suppose.

badfish22
02-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Simmons has been jerking off over the thought of a Nash/Dirk reunion for years.

Kyle Orton
02-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Tbh if Dallas takes Childress AND Frye or Warrick (not sure how the salaries would work) then I'd be willing to give them Nash without Beaubois. The Suns have no way to effectively rebuild until Nash, Hill and 2 of their 3 shit contracts are all gone.

For the record, the Suns owe Nash absolutely nothing. Their only goal when trading him should be getting the best deal possible, even if it means sending him to the Timberwolves.

FkLA
02-07-2011, 01:07 PM
7_Z4KjVeWsU

nash's defense :lol

HarlemHeat37
02-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Isn't Nash still extremely popular with the Suns fanbase?..won't giving him up potentially hurt their ticket sales, which wouldn't go over well with Sarver?..Or are Suns fans the type that would be loyal to the team, either way..

Phillip
02-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Tbh if Dallas takes Childress AND Frye or Warrick (not sure how the salaries would work) then I'd be willing to give them Nash without Beaubois. The Suns have no way to effectively rebuild until Nash, Hill and 2 of their 3 shit contracts are all gone.

For the record, the Suns owe Nash absolutely nothing. Their only goal when trading him should be getting the best deal possible, even if it means sending him to the Timberwolves.

how is childress on the defensive end? any good?

Kyle Orton
02-07-2011, 01:11 PM
The one way I'd see it working is if Phoenix and Dallas agree to this trade
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6ycrlu7

under the stipulation that Dallas also has to take Warrick's contract with the Matt Carroll trade exception

Kyle Orton
02-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Isn't Nash still extremely popular with the Suns fanbase?..won't giving him up potentially hurt their ticket sales, which wouldn't go over well with Sarver?..Or are Suns fans the type that would be loyal to the team, either way..
It's more or less become AI's last years in Philly and KG's last years in Minnesota. A .500 level team that gets a lot more national coverage because of one extremely popular player, but it's a situation where fans are still loyal to the player but a growing number of them are fed up with a mediocre team built around nothing other than said players putting up big numbers. By the end of the season, once the Suns miss the playoffs for the 2nd time in 3 years, people will want Nash traded.

Kyle Orton
02-07-2011, 01:16 PM
how is childress on the defensive end? any good?
It's impossible to tell. He never plays, and when he does play it's usually with scrub big men like Frye and Warrick who provide no help whatsoever. He'd look better on a team that always has Haywood/Chandler on the court.

Kyle Orton
02-07-2011, 01:25 PM
The one way I'd see it working is if Phoenix and Dallas agree to this trade
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6ycrlu7

under the stipulation that Dallas also has to take Warrick's contract with the Matt Carroll trade exception
Btw this would never happen. Phoenix fans are too stupid to understand the salary cap while they expect the Suns to be able to get grade A young talent back for a 37 year old PG who can't play without the ball in his hands and sucks at defense. I think trading for Nash is a retarded move for Dallas but in the event they'd want him they have an owner who's always been willing to take shitty contracts when acquiring players, so it should be something they entertain.

There is a 0% chance Nash gets traded this season. Sarver still thinks they're a contender (lol) and he'll never make such an open admittance his decisions this off season were a disaster. Nash will either be traded for EVEN LESS at the deadline a year from now or his contract will expire and Sarver will give him another extension for more than any other team would give.

manufan10
02-07-2011, 01:27 PM
I don't see Kidd and Nash being able to coexist on the same team, tbh.

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-07-2011, 02:38 PM
This is the dumbest shit i've read in awhile. Dallas has no reason to bring Nash back here.

Greg Oden
02-07-2011, 02:43 PM
The most interesting part about Simmons' article is that he actually considers letting Nash go in 04 was a mistake.

monosylab1k
02-07-2011, 02:46 PM
The most interesting part about Simmons' article is that he actually considers letting Nash go in 04 was a mistake.

Well everyone knows that in 06 Nash could have held Parker even better than Harris did, plus defensively Nash would have shut down Wade in the Finals.

cheguevara
02-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Quinn
Manu
Novak
Bonner
Tiago

jjktkk
02-07-2011, 04:17 PM
no way ChugGravy, dirk alone makes our all white team beast the shit out of yours. no answer for the league mvp tbqh

Spurs get to have Parker on their all white squad, since his mom is white. Spurs cruise in this one. :lobt2:

cheguevara
02-07-2011, 04:19 PM
true

either we add parker or mavs remove wifebeater.

Phillip
02-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Spurs get to have Parker on their all white squad, since his mom is white. Spurs cruise in this one. :lobt2:
Nash >> Parker
Kidd << Manu
Peja >>>> Novak
Nowitzki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bonner
Cardinal = Splitter

spurs lose :lobt2:

ohmwrecker
02-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Nash >> Parker
Kidd > Manu

:lmao

LnGrrrR
02-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Nash >> Parker
Kidd > Manu
Peja >>>> Novak
Nowitzki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bonner
Cardinal = Splitter

spurs lose :lobt2:

:lol Not sure if that's enough arrows, tbh.

Phillip
02-07-2011, 04:29 PM
:lmao

whoops i messed up on the Kidd and Manu one

Kidd < Manu

crc21209
02-07-2011, 04:32 PM
The Suns wouldnt do that. Why would they give away their franchise player, which would basically be a "Fuck you" to the fans for a broken down player that nobody is sure how he will return from injury in Beaubois. I'm pretty sure the Suns also wouldnt want to help a Conference rival....

poop
02-07-2011, 06:05 PM
http://www.inthecrackbabes.com/gals/154/full/03.jpg

Obstructed_View
02-07-2011, 06:27 PM
The Lakers don't need a point guard?

DPG21920
02-07-2011, 06:30 PM
1) Roddy is not a legit trade asset. That doesn't mean people won't ask for him, but he is not enough to get a player like Nash or any other significant player. Mavs don't have near enough talent to offer. They do however have the ability to save team's money, but I am not sure I see the Suns going tank mode.

2) The Mavs could use Nash, but with Kidd already there, it makes no sense.

sefant77
02-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Stopped reading when he threw Roddy in a Nash/Hill trade, lol.

But then i went on and laughed even more if he wanted the Mavs also to take Childress horrible contract (almost 30 million left).

If the Suns trade Nash they can be glad if they are able to dump Childress and get some minor talent/pick.

frodo
02-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Kidd would be moved to SG if Nash comes, and that would work fine imho since dat JJB/Kidd backcourt could.

frodo
02-07-2011, 07:37 PM
mavs ain't accepting Childress unless da Suns agree to cede dat trigga Pietrus. it'd be nice to have nash/hill on yo squad w/o losing too much but it would probably leave you with no depth. Jet dat bitch is a horrible choice not only as a 6th man but a startin lineup as well, bitch is done and should be moved in a Stack-marion style of deal when such a chance is given.

pietrus da trigga would be an awesome addition to yo squad imho, playin hardcore D & shootin good 3. nigga could be used in da startin 5 alongside dirk/TC/Kidd/Nash or also as da 6th man with Hill startin at SF

cheguevara
02-07-2011, 07:38 PM
I would pay to see Nash/Kidd backcourt

:tu

DMC
02-07-2011, 09:42 PM
mavs ain't accepting Childress unless da Suns agree to cede dat trigga Pietrus. it'd be nice to have nash/hill on yo squad w/o losing too much but it would probably leave you with no depth. Jet dat bitch is a horrible choice not only as a 6th man but a startin lineup as well, bitch is done and should be moved in a Stack-marion style of deal when such a chance is given.

pietrus da trigga would be an awesome addition to yo squad imho, playin hardcore D & shootin good 3. nigga could be used in da startin 5 alongside dirk/TC/Kidd/Nash or also as da 6th man with Hill startin at SF

Yabba dabba doo motherfucker.

badfish22
02-07-2011, 09:49 PM
1) Roddy is not a legit trade asset.

Despite what many people close to the league say...

Ghazi
02-07-2011, 09:55 PM
I wouldn't mind it. Dallas needs a 2nd star.

Steeeeeeeeeve Naaaaaash :clap :clap :bow

great fucking MVP mix :cry

DMC
02-07-2011, 09:57 PM
I would pay to see Nash/Kidd backdooring

:tu
fify

DPG21920
02-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Despite what many people close to the league say...

:lol You mean Cuban saying he is untradeable?

People close to the league said Duncan is an All-Star, yet you argue that.

badfish22
02-07-2011, 11:44 PM
:lol You mean Cuban saying he is untradeable?

People close to the league said Duncan is an All-Star, yet you argue that.

I mean guys like Stein and Simmons...

and the argument we had was over the Dirk/Duncan thing mostly tbh.

DPG21920
02-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Stein and Simmons :lol wow.

A player that played limited minutes, has had what appears to be a major injury that has spanned a long time and that was really up and down and couldn't get minutes from JJB doesn't have legit trade value.

That doesn't mean he isn't an interesting piece. That doesn't mean he can't prove himself. It just means that he is not the make or break piece. He is a high end thrown in. They would need to get another team involved if it is about trading for talent.

badfish22
02-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Stein and Simmons :lol wow.

:lol scoffing everyone

DPG21920
02-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Huge difference in my level of scoff and yours.

Yorae
02-07-2011, 11:54 PM
Too bad it aint happenin....