PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard has his eyes set on NY and LA?

djohn2oo8
02-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Howard has his eyes on Los Angeles and New York, sources close to him have insisted for months, and nothing short of championship basketball may be enough to compel him to re-sign with the Magic. Since trading for Arenas on Dec. 18, the Magic have had a nine-game winning streak, some real moments of promise, but this will never work unless Arenas has the staying power to evolve into a scaled-down, efficient model of his old explosive self

I knew about LA, but not NY.

Dwight and Amare?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AskQIhcnbBm1IqYqG7Uqk_28vLYF?slug=aw-arenasmagic020611

Venti Quattro
02-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Who doesn't have their eyes set on LA and NY anyway?

greyforest
02-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Who doesn't have their eyes set on LA and NY anyway?

tony parker apparently :flag:

dbestpro
02-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Two words.
"Franchise Tag". coming to you in a near by CBA agreement.

history2b
02-07-2011, 12:33 PM
tony parker apparently :flag:

Not wanted in LA anyway.:lmao

Chillen
02-07-2011, 12:50 PM
If the Knicks can get Melo I see him teaming with Amare in NY. The Knicks will have some talented bigs like the Lakers have with Gasol/Bynum in Stoudemire/Howard. The Lakers if Phil retires might make some changes but if they 3peat you can bet Gasol/Bynum will still be Lakers, if the Lakers don't 3peat I could see them trying to move Bynum or Gasol for Howard and making a change.

PGDynasty24
02-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Lakers have Team options on Bynum and Odom in the summer of 2012,the same year Dwight can become a free agent. I wonder if Mitch was looking at this potentially unfolding

DJ Mbenga
02-07-2011, 02:05 PM
i do wonder if the cba will put in franchise tags. howard wont win with that team. maybe a center leaves for la again. i do wonder where howard would prefer to go. sure chris paul is great but ny has a pg already. not the best but good.

Darthkiller
02-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Two words.
"Franchise Tag". coming to you in a near by CBA agreement.

will never happen.

players will never let that happen. plus half of the owners wouldnt want it.

Mugen
02-07-2011, 02:21 PM
by the time he gets to LA, kobe and pau will have decliend pretty significantly and Miami will be startin their dynasty.

8FOR!3
02-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Holy shit.

Dwight Howard
Amar'e Stoudamire
Carmelo Anthony

If they could have that with Felton and Chandler or Gallo, that team would be sick.

manufan10
02-07-2011, 02:47 PM

Fisher/Blake as your starting/backup PG... :rollin:lol:lol

toki9
02-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Why don't we just reduce the league to: NY, LA, Boston, Chicago, Miami?

history2b
02-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Fisher/Blake as your starting/backup PG... :rollin:lol:lol

Fisher - 5

Parker - 3

:lmao:lmao:lmao

ambchang
02-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Kobe will be carrying no talents like Dwight to championships when he's 38 years old average 12 points a game.

history2b
02-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Why don't we just reduce the league to: NY, LA, Boston, Chicago, Miami?

When was it ever any different? Lol

One magical ping pong ball era and you guys think you were apart of the bigger picture of the NBA. Amazing.

jjktkk
02-07-2011, 03:36 PM

+1. Lakers like their pgs old and slow

DMC
02-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Fisher - 5

Parker - 3

Fish is just loving that Finals MVP.

DMC
02-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Dwight has his eyes set on NY or LA, when he's shooting FTs because he sure as hell ain't looking at the rim.

jjktkk
02-07-2011, 03:39 PM
When was it ever any different? Lol

One magical ping pong ball era and you guys think you were apart of the bigger picture of the NBA. Amazing.

:cry:cry:cry:cry

history2b
02-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Fish is just loving that Finals MVP.

Does 1 Finals MVP make 3>5 mathematical wizard?

history2b
02-07-2011, 03:43 PM
+1. Lakers like their pgs old and slow

And that play defense... wouldn't want the league's softest, zero defensive instincts pussy in an LA uniform.

ambchang
02-07-2011, 03:50 PM
5>3, therefore 0>1

BanditHiro
02-07-2011, 04:00 PM
And that play defense... wouldn't want the league's softest, zero defensive instincts pussy in an LA uniform.

history2b
02-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Cedric Maxwell would be proud.

crc21209
02-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Dwight Howard just isnt good enough to lead a team to a title tbh. The guy's post game has improved about what 20-25% only. All he has is his driving hook shot and thats about it....His D is awesome, but other than that...that's all you're going to get with this guy right now...

manufan10
02-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Fisher - 5

Parker - 3

lol wanting an old PG who plays "good" defense over a PG in his prime. :lol

djohn2oo8
02-07-2011, 04:38 PM
lol wanting an old PG who plays "good" defense over a PG in his prime. :lol

Did he throw in a "Steve Blake is a solid defender line?" :lol

ALVAREZ6
02-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Fisher - 5

Parker - 3

classic history2b take: fucking meaningless

keep trollin douche bag, keep proving your worth and claiming Steve Blake a good defender

In other words, keep being the enormous dumbass that you are.

dbestpro
02-07-2011, 06:04 PM
will never happen.

players will never let that happen. plus half of the owners wouldnt want it.

I would speculate differently. 95% of the teams would welcome a tag and as this would only affect 1 out of every 12 active players, it is an incentive that the player union would gladly give up for minimizing lost percentages.

DMC
02-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Does 1 Finals MVP make 3>5 mathematical wizard?

It makes Tony better than Fisher.

Part of your equation was Tony Parker and Derek Fisher. The 3/5 thing was a red herring. You might as well have said that Luke Walton > Lebron James because 2>1.

That argument has been defeated here time and again yet you resort to it like it's your "god help me" cry.

The universal answer for your bullshit antics is easy enough though: Robert Horry > Michael Jordan > Kobe Bryant.

Horry is the greatest player since the Bill Russell era.

DMC
02-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Another thing, why do you say "we" when you talk about the Lakers' many rings, but then say Derek has only 5? How long have you been a Laker? Since Derek is also a Laker fan, doesn't he have as many as the rest of you guys?

Hoops Czar
02-07-2011, 06:37 PM

Your creaming your pants over fisher's defense? Fish doesn't know the first thing about playing D... The Lakers are carrying his ass.

buttsR4rebounding
02-07-2011, 07:05 PM
The new CBA will make it much more difficult for marquee players to move around. Unless Howard wants to play for significantly less money than in Orlando neither will happen.

frodo
02-07-2011, 07:16 PM
exciting news if nigga joins NY imo, amare & DH would be da NY version ef Duncan & Rob.

ohmwrecker
02-07-2011, 07:20 PM
h2b is the only Lakerfan on the board who wouldn't want TP on the Lakers.

Koolaid_Man
02-07-2011, 07:22 PM

I wouldn't want that pussy on my team either...:lol

Koolaid_Man
02-07-2011, 07:23 PM
I knew about LA, but not NY.

Dwight and Amare?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AskQIhcnbBm1IqYqG7Uqk_28vLYF?slug=aw-arenasmagic020611

I only got one question for you faggot ass DJohn....Why doesn't he want to play in SA...:lol

ALVAREZ6
02-07-2011, 07:27 PM
And Jesus Christ now Dwight the big bitch wants to ride on someone else's coattails too? The acquisitions the Magic made this season aren't enough to work with? This league is just becoming something else, no one wants to work, everyone wants rings though that's for sure...retiring ring-less or with only 1 championship would be DEVASTATING :rolleyes

Cessation
02-07-2011, 08:07 PM
You see blakes defence on parker? It seemed like no one was guarding, he went wherever he wanted, lol.

cobbler
02-07-2011, 08:11 PM

Wrong!

I wouldn't want him.

djohn2oo8
02-07-2011, 08:20 PM
I only got one question for you faggot ass DJohn....Why doesn't he want to play in SA...:lol

Tha fuck? Bringing up the Spurs to everyone now? You should get that checked out, it's has to be unhealthy to be constantly butthurt.

Kool is like that one bitch in high school who would constantly interrupt an intelligent conversation to talk shit about her worst enemy and then proceeds to get her ass kicked in a fight

MiamiHeat
02-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Tha fuck? Bringing up the Spurs to everyone now? You should get that checked out, it's has to be unhealthy to be constantly butthurt.

Kool is like that one bitch in high school who would constantly interrupt an intelligent conversation to talk shit about her worst enemy and then proceeds to get her ass kicked in a fight

He wouldn't have the nuts to talk in real life.

He just does it online. I am surprised ANYONE even responds to him. You guys are dumb.

ducks
02-07-2011, 09:25 PM
dwight howard just isnt good enough to lead a team to a title tbh. The guy's post game has improved about what 20-25% only. All he has is his driving hook shot and thats about it....his d is awesome, but other than that...that's all you're going to get with this guy right now...

hello james is not either

howard has to have the guards hitting outside shots!

Punchy
02-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Fisher - 5

Parker - 3

Manu - 3

Jerry West - 1

ohmwrecker
02-07-2011, 09:52 PM

Oh, yeah . . . I forgot about this idiot.

ohmwrecker
02-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Wrong!

I wouldn't want him.

Instead of Fisher or Blake? I call bullshit.

DMC
02-07-2011, 09:54 PM

That's because you are partial to dick.

DMC
02-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Oh, yeah . . . I forgot about this idiot.
They all say that until the guy joins, then he's the best ever. Anyone who could cheer for Artest or Payton just because he's wearing your uniform now isn't that cerebral in the first place.

awktalk
02-07-2011, 09:59 PM
They all say that until the guy joins, then he's the best ever. Anyone who could cheer for Artest or Payton just because he's wearing your uniform now isn't that cerebral in the first place.

Please don't use words like "cerebral" in this forum. You're going to confuse 90% of readers, forcing them to break out their dictionary and waste valuable time forming a response instead of going to their well of cut-n-paste flames.

Punchy
02-07-2011, 10:02 PM

:lol

Budkin
02-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Having lived in Orlando through the Shaq nightmare, I can't imagine the Magic fans having to go through that shit again. Guess that's the nature of the game now.

jjktkk
02-07-2011, 10:26 PM
exciting news if nigga joins NY imo, amare & DH would be da NY version ef Duncan & Rob.

Not even close tbh. Amare sucks ass on defense, but never the less, Howard and Stoudamire would be a impressive front line.

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 12:20 AM
Kobe will be carrying no talents like Dwight to championships when he's 38 years old average 12 points a game.

You're math is all wrong Mr PF Chang...:lol

Kobe is early thirties now...Dwight will be looking to join at end of 2012 season ...so not sure from what part of your ass you pulled that 38 number...

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 12:26 AM
He wouldn't have the nuts to talk in real life.

He just does it online. I am surprised ANYONE even responds to him. You guys are dumb.

Let's get one thing straight HarlemHeat *aka* Miamiheat...I've lost only a couple fights my entire life...1.) I was a young teen fighting an older guy and 2.) In college they broke it up before I could do my damage...that's it and I intend to keep it that way that's why I train and workout intense...but let me help you out...the only nutless faggot on this board and in "real" life is you...

Under your Harlem Heat profile you got a half naked pic of Lebron in water that you claim inspires you to workout because you love his body...and under your MiamiHeat profile you once again show us your homo-eroticism by showcasing a pic of Lebron eating a pink donut for your avatar...you're the definition of queer and nutless...don't get it twisted homie...:lol

MiamiHeat
02-08-2011, 12:28 AM
im not harlem heat you dumb fuck. IF harlemheat is going around saying he is me, he is a liar and pretty sad to do that shit. im a legit poster, legit heat fan, and always have been.

anyway, not wasting my time on such a shitty poster. you are weak sauce

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 12:33 AM
im not harlem heat you dumb fuck. IF harlemheat is going around saying he is me, he is a liar and pretty sad to do that shit. im a legit poster, legit heat fan, and always have been.

anyway, not wasting my time on such a shitty poster. you are weak sauce

yeah ok dick in tha booty ass homo...but know this...if you're not HarlemHeat then faggots reppin the Heat is actually worse than I thought. You niggas are pathetic...Lil Weezy was right about Lebron and Wade just like I'm right about the Heat Fans:

"Them some BitchAss Niggas" - Weezy F. Baby...:lol

MiamiHeat
02-08-2011, 12:41 AM
this is my account on the official heat forums, made in 2005 (http://heat.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5700037552/m/905102316?r=905102316#905102316)

3LiftHeatCurse

look at the edit of that post i put spurstalk in there.

if HarlemHeat is going around saying he is me, he's full of shit and a liar. fuck that

MiamiHeat
02-08-2011, 12:42 AM
I've lost only a couple fights my entire life...1.) I was a young teen fighting an older guy and 2.) In college they broke it up before I could do my damage...that's it and I intend to keep it that way that's why I train and workout intense...but let me help you out...the only nutless faggot on this board and in "real" life is you...

:lmao:lmao

you are almost as pathetic as koriwhat.

ALMOST, but koriwhat is worse. i don't even think you realize what everyone thinks of you on this board.

oh, and you sound about 15-19 years old.

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 12:44 AM
this is my account on the official heat forums, made in 2005 (http://heat.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5700037552/m/905102316?r=905102316#905102316)

3LiftHeatCurse

look at the edit of that post i put spurstalk in there.

if HarlemHeat is going around saying he is me, he's full of shit and a liar. fuck that

I don't give a shit lil homie...as far as I can see you're the fucking Liar Miamiheat....you done lied 3 times already in this back and forth about not having time for a Nigga like Kool but yet you keep conversing back and forth....:lol

Like I said I've seen nothing but gayness coming from Heat fan...you fuckers can't even sell out a fucking Arena with them bitch ass niggas repping your squad...:lmao

jjktkk
02-08-2011, 01:02 AM

Kobe is early thirties now...Dwight will be looking to join at end of 2012 season ...so not sure from what part of your ass you pulled that 38 number...

Kobe's just playing like a 38 year old. :lol

ambchang
02-08-2011, 11:19 AM

I am sorry, I forgot that the league has stipulated that Mr. Bryant will always win a championship a year after he was gift wrapped an all-star big man.

Wait, that didn't work when Shaquille O'Neal somehow became a Laker ....

I am all confused now, is there somewhere that says Dwight Howard cannot play with Mr. Bryant when Mr. Bryant is 38? Or are you saying Mr. Bryant will win a championship in 2013?

djohn2oo8
02-08-2011, 01:02 PM
1.) I was a young teen fighting an older guy and 2.) In college they broke it up before I could do my damage...that's it and I intend to keep it that way that's why I train and workout intense...but let me help you out...the only nutless faggot on this board and in "real" life is you...

You can workout from the confines of spurstalk? I guess you never have to leave home then

duncan228
02-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Dwight Howard: 'Why are people talking about me going to any other place right now?' (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-dwight-howard-free-agency--0209-20110208,0,2081883.story)
By Josh Robbins
Orlando Sentinel

Frustrated with the growing speculation about his future plans, Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard on Tuesday afternoon made his most forceful public comments yet about the prospect of becoming a free agent in the summer of 2012.

"Yeah, I am annoyed," Howard said after the Magic completed their shootaround at Amway Center.

"I am annoyed. I can't sign a contract this year. I can't sign it anyway this summer. So, why keep bringing it up? Why are people talking about me going to any other place right now? Right now, it's about this season. It's not about L.A. or New York or wherever. I'm really tired of it. I don't want to be talking about where am I playing basketball next or people in Orlando asking me, 'Are you going to leave us?'

"I never said anything about leaving. I never said anything about me not being happy with [the Magic] or 'I'm pulling a LeBron,' as people would say on Twitter. I'm just really tired of it. I want to play basketball. I want to help this team win a championship."

Howard is under contract with the Magic through the 2012-13 season, but he has the option to become a free agent after the 2011-12 season ends.

After Howard expressed his frustration, a reporter followed up by asking him if he understands that, as the Magic's franchise player, there will be speculation about his plans, especially since LeBron James signed as a free agent with the Miami Heat this past summer and with constant news reports swirling about Carmelo Anthony's future with the Denver Nuggets.

"That's Carmelo and LeBron," Howard answered.

"That has nothing to do with Dwight Howard. I'm focused on this season, this moment right here. When we get down the road to 2012, whenever it's time for me to sign, then we can talk about that stuff. But as for now, I don't want to be talking about that. There's no need for us to bring up what's going to happen in the future. We can't go to the future right now."

In recent weeks and months, several media outlets, citing unnamed sources, said Howard had his eye on potentially joining the Los Angeles Lakers or maybe the New York Knicks if things don't work out in Orlando.

On Monday night, a Magic fan directed a comment to Howard over Twitter, saying, "D12 … be different. Stay in Orlando. You can own this city. See Jordan and Tim Duncan for examples."

Howard responded: "I never said I wanted to leave stop reading the rumors. It's really stupid. And annoying to be honest. They tryna make something outta nothing I have another yr under my contract before I can sign."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-dwight-howard-free-agency--0209-20110208,0,2081883.story

buttsR4rebounding
02-08-2011, 02:36 PM

Jefferson?