PDA

View Full Version : StrikeForce World GP, Rnd 1 Fight Thread

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-07-2011, 06:31 PM
sorry but this deserves a real thread. i know most dont appreciate SF, whatever do your thang. i happen to enjoy SF more than UFC for multiple reasons that i will keep to myself because i dont feel the need to defend/argue for SF. here it is...... cant wait......make your picks !!!

Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Silva
Date: Feb 12, 2011

MAIN CARD (Showtime)

* Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio Silva (heavyweight-tournament quarterfinals)
* Andrei Arlovski vs. Sergei Kharitonov (heavyweight-tournament quarterfinals)
* Shane Del Rosario vs. Lavar Johnson (heavyweight-tournament reserve fight)
* Valentijn Overeem vs. Ray Sefo (heavyweight-tournament reserve fight)
* Chad Griggs vs. Gian Villante (heavyweight-tournament reserve fight)

PRELIMINARY CARD (HDNet)

* Igor Gracie vs. John Salgado
* Marc Stevens vs. John Cholish
* Josh LaBerge vs. Anthony Leone*
* Jason McLean vs. Kevin Roddy*

* - Not officially announced

^ i copied this from a post by Ace

CubanSucks
02-07-2011, 07:09 PM
sorry but this deserves a real thread. i know most dont appreciate SF, whatever do your thang. i happen to enjoy SF more than UFC for multiple reasons that i will keep to myself because i dont feel the need to defend/argue for SF. here it is...... cant wait......make your picks !!!

My guess is cause you hate Dana White. Can't think of any other reason

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-07-2011, 08:17 PM
My guess is cause you hate Dana White. Can't think of any other reason

good guess, but no i never said i "hate" him.
and i dont have to tear UFC down to appreciate SF. thats not the point

The TroutBum
02-07-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm picking Fedor and AA.

dallaskd
02-07-2011, 11:59 PM
sorry but this deserves a real thread. i know most dont appreciate SF, whatever do your thang. i happen to enjoy SF more than UFC for multiple reasons that i will keep to myself because i dont feel the need to defend/argue for SF.

intresting, i prefer UFC but nothing can ever compare to how badass PRIDE was. I miss waking up a 2 am to watch Wanderlei/Fedor/Shogun/Gomi fights. Damn shame Japanese mma is dying..

ace3g
02-08-2011, 05:58 PM
MAIN CARD (Showtime)

* Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio Silva (heavyweight-tournament quarterfinals)

Always been a huge Fedor fan, and I think we will see a much more motivated Fedor this time around after his loss to Werdum. Hoping he wins by submission, always like it when HW win by sub.

* Andrei Arlovski vs. Sergei Kharitonov (heavyweight-tournament quarterfinals)

Going with Andrei "Leonidas (300)" Arlovski here, especially since he was training with Greg Jackson

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Silva
Arlovski

Igor Gracie
John Cholish

dbreiden83080
02-12-2011, 12:58 AM
This card blows so much i am gonna sit this one out..

benefactor
02-12-2011, 09:32 AM
Cards like this are what the internet is for.

polandprzem
02-12-2011, 10:16 AM
:flipoff

I'm gonna watch it on tv at 4am !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I will probably gonna wake up for the Arlovski and Fedor :D

desflood
02-12-2011, 11:47 AM
intresting, i prefer UFC but nothing can ever compare to how badass PRIDE was. I miss waking up a 2 am to watch Wanderlei/Fedor/Shogun/Gomi fights. Damn shame Japanese mma is dying..
I hear you.

Some (self-professed) drunk over on BE recently echoed another thought of mine: "kharitonov vs arlovski is a simple prediction, if headcase andrei shows up the slow as shit sergei knocks him the fuck out. if a decently sane andrei shows up, he wins."

Hopefully Arlovski shows up all-there mentally. I'm picking Fedor and Andrei.

Stringer_Bell
02-12-2011, 07:16 PM
I have Showtime for some reason, so I'll be catching these fights. Arlovski looked great a weigh ins, very relaxed, which I think was a problem he's dealt with since the Fedor loss and his breakup with the playmate. Great to see a classic 230 lbs Fedor vs giant man with 30 pounds of weight advantage fight...should be good.

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-12-2011, 07:46 PM
cant frikin wait

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-12-2011, 10:03 PM
my cable box picked the most amazing day to go out on me

resistanze
02-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Arlovski just got KTFO. God damn that was ugly.

dbreiden83080
02-12-2011, 11:20 PM
AA loses again

What a shock.. That is why this event is kinda of dumb.. AA should not be in it. He was done 3 years ago..

ace3g
02-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Arlovski just got KTFO. God damn that was ugly.

yep, wasn't moving his feet well, kept getting his back to the cage early and often

ace3g
02-12-2011, 11:25 PM
so far highlight was interview with Gina Carano!!!

dbreiden83080
02-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Gina is coming back in 2011.. She must be out of money..

dbreiden83080
02-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Fedor likely comes back with a vengeance tonight..

ace3g
02-12-2011, 11:37 PM
looks weird with Fedor with white gloves, looks like he only has tape on

resistanze
02-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Fedor looks like shit

ace3g
02-12-2011, 11:40 PM
much more cautious this time when Fedor went into the guard

ace3g
02-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Silva immediately takes down Fedor in the 2nd

dbreiden83080
02-12-2011, 11:44 PM
Fedor's losing right now

ace3g
02-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Fedor in a bad spot here

resistanze
02-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Fedor's done

ace3g
02-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Fedor has to do something here , finally escaped

ace3g
02-12-2011, 11:47 PM
50 sec left

ace3g
02-12-2011, 11:48 PM
decent recovery by Fedor at the end to get the sub attempt

big 3rd round here needed by Fedor

dbreiden83080
02-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Fedor needs the finish to win

ace3g
they already called the fight without even looking at the eye, or testing it?

resistanze
It's done.

dbreiden83080
They stopped it.. Ref stoppage.. In the corner..

ace3g
02-12-2011, 11:50 PM
well this weekend sucked

dbreiden83080
they already called the fight without even looking at the eye, or testing it?

This will be the debate on Sherdog.. Fedor got screwed.. :lol

ace3g
can Fedor move to LHW??

dbreiden83080
02-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Fedor got the ever loving shit kicked out of him tonight..

ace3g
02-12-2011, 11:51 PM
This will be the debate on Sherdog.. Fedor got screwed.. :lol

Well his eye was bad , but I never saw the ref go look at it , they didn't even test it to see if he could go, looks can be deceiving with something like that

ace3g
02-12-2011, 11:52 PM
hopefully Silva passes his drug test.....

dbreiden83080
02-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Well his eye was bad , but I never saw the ref go look at it , they didn't even test it to see if he could go, looks can be deceiving with something like that

They should have let Fedor come out but he was not gonna win.. He got blasted..

ace3g
02-12-2011, 11:53 PM
lol Dana White just tweeted..... :)

LakerHater
02-13-2011, 12:02 AM
WOW!

retirement?

01Snake
02-13-2011, 12:05 AM
Loved all the homers who picked Fedor to win the entire tournament.

ace3g
02-13-2011, 12:06 AM
well I'm guessing this how the rest of my year is going to go in terms of MMA picks; 0-2 tonight...

dbreiden83080
02-13-2011, 12:08 AM
lol Dana White just tweeted..... :)

And this at a Fedor fan

wtf has he done for the sport!? Ur fuckin nuts

dbreiden83080
02-13-2011, 12:11 AM
I fully understand that Fedor is not in his prime anymore but i stand bye my take that he was always over-rated. That said i think it is a crying shame we never got to see Fedor fight in the UFC after Pride went under. When Anderson and Page came over as Pride went under, Fedor was still in his prime and would have had great fights in the UFC. But his MGT never wanted to come.. Imagine if Silva or Page never came over? That would have sucked ass...

Stringer_Bell
02-13-2011, 12:13 AM
Wow, fuck Dana White. Seriously, that's some bullshit. He should come out and say the same shit about Randy then...Fedor brought more people to MMA than any UFC Champion with the exception of GSP (Brock doesn't count, those fans just watch for the big names).

After the last post fight conference, Fedor still looked and talked like a machine. But this time he showed emotion and sounded like a human - totally depressing, but he's been in so many battles where he was the smaller fighter and its just caught up to him. No doubt, he would have gone out there if the ref hadn't call it off so quickly. Yea, he got beat the fuck up - but he's Fedor and he doesn't deserve to get pulled like that when he made such a valiant effort to escape Silva's mount.

I hope Fedor retires, the next generation is coming in and I think his war is over. He's got the most heart of any fighter ever, never made excuses, and was always humble. He's still the champ to me. :depressed

@ DB: that comment was to an M1 employee, so Dana was just playing his political bullshit off on him.

shyne
02-13-2011, 12:16 AM
Class act, wish him the best.

dbreiden83080
02-13-2011, 12:17 AM
Wow, fuck Dana White. Seriously, that's some bullshit. He should come out and say the same shit about Randy then...Fedor brought more people to MMA than any UFC Champion with the exception of GSP (Brock doesn't count, those fans just watch for the big names).

After the last post fight conference, Fedor still looked and talked like a machine. But this time he showed emotion and sounded like a human - totally depressing, but he's been in so many battles where he was the smaller fighter and its just caught up to him. No doubt, he would have gone out there if the ref hadn't call it off so quickly. Yea, he got beat the fuck up - but he's Fedor and he doesn't deserve to get pulled like that when he made such a valiant effort to escape Silva's mount.

I hope Fedor retires, the next generation is coming in and I think his war is over. He's got the most heart of any fighter ever, never made excuses, and was always humble. He's still the champ to me. :depressed

@ DB: that comment was to an M1 employee, so Dana was just playing his political bullshit off on him.

Good post and i agree Fedor is a legend who has done a lot. Dana is way wrong there but that is what he is gonna say. He is all about selling that UFC brand and anyone who is not under that brand just sucks according to Dana.. That is what he does as a promoter..

shyne
02-13-2011, 12:18 AM
At least Fedor can take a punch unlike that cunt Lesnar.

dbreiden83080
02-13-2011, 12:19 AM
At least Fedor can take a punch unlike that cunt Lesnar.

:lol

Well that's another matter..

desflood
02-13-2011, 12:37 AM
Well... Shit.

MannyIsGod
02-13-2011, 12:40 AM
Damn - Dana tweeting up a storm like a bitch tonight. He's such a smug asshole.

dbreiden83080
02-13-2011, 12:48 AM
Well... Shit.

Dessie sums it up perfectly..

dbreiden83080
02-13-2011, 12:49 AM
He's such a smug asshole.

And then some..

Stringer_Bell
02-13-2011, 12:50 AM
For real, I totally understood why Dana says some of the shit he does, but what pisses me off the most is the hypocrisy. Even with these losses and his age, Fedor still rapes Randy, glassjaw Brock, and basically everyone except Cain. He knows that, yet he's happy about Fedor's misfortune. That's just fucked up, like how 2 years ago he said Cain was expendable...then turns around and sucks Cain's dick on Spike TV when he's going up against Brock.

dbreiden83080
02-13-2011, 12:57 AM
For real, I totally understood why Dana says some of the shit he does, but what pisses me off the most is the hypocrisy. Even with these losses and his age, Fedor still rapes Randy, glassjaw Brock, and basically everyone except Cain. He knows that, yet he's happy about Fedor's misfortune. That's just fucked up, like how 2 years ago he said Cain was expendable...then turns around and sucks Cain's dick on Spike TV when he's going up against Brock.

Dude

Brock would fuckin kill Fedor right now.. He got smothered badly by Silva and beat the fuck up.. Watch what Brock did to Mir at UFC 100. Brock would take Fedor out i'd lay anything on it.. Fedor is a legend but he is done.. Pride aside the man is done.

Stringer_Bell
02-13-2011, 01:03 AM
Dude

Brock would fuckin kill Fedor right now.. He got smothered badly by Silva and beat the fuck up.. Watch what Brock did to Mir at UFC 100. Brock would take Fedor out i'd lay anything on it.. Fedor is a legend but he is done.. Pride aside the man is done.

Mir isn't half the fighter that this old, beat up Fedor is. Yes, he's done, but end of the road Fedor would still beat Brock before Cain beat him if M1 hadn't mismanaged him. Fedor would have derailed Brock, but for Dana it would have been win/win.

Sherdog is up, I'm reporting for SW. :cry

dbreiden83080
02-13-2011, 01:05 AM
Mir isn't half the fighter that this old, beat up Fedor is. Yes, he's done, but end of the road Fedor would still beat Brock before Cain beat him if M1 hadn't mismanaged him.

Sherdog is up, I'm reporting for SW. :cry

I don't see how Fedor stops Brock from busting him up on the ground... He is giving up too much weight and power.. But that is not the point. Fedor is a legend but he needs to call it a career..

MannyIsGod
02-13-2011, 01:08 AM
I really fucking hate Dana White right now. He's acting like a total fuck on Twitter. I'd understand this more if his PPV cards weren't pretty fucking watered down and shitty half the time.

Xevious
02-13-2011, 01:08 AM
I'm glad if this is Fedor's last fight. The man doesn't have anything else to prove. If he no longer is able to compete at a championship level, I'd hate to see him drag his career out.

And Arlovski is retarded if he doesn't quit. He's going to end up with permanent brain damage with all the brutal KOs he's been suffering.

dbreiden83080
02-13-2011, 01:11 AM
I'm glad if this is Fedor's last fight. The man doesn't have anything else to prove. If he no longer is able to compete at a championship level, I'd hate to see him drag his career out.

And Arlovski is retarded if he doesn't quit. He's going to end up with permanent brain damage with all the brutal KOs he's been suffering.

Looking back AA career was basically done in 2006 when Sylvia KO'd him..

dbreiden83080
02-13-2011, 01:12 AM
I really fucking hate Dana White right now. He's acting like a total fuck on Twitter. I'd understand this more if his PPV cards weren't pretty fucking watered down and shitty half the time.

His role as a promoter is not to promote MMA it is to promote UFC. So while he is being a dick he feels like he is just doing his job..

MannyIsGod
02-13-2011, 01:34 AM
Never knew a businessman who thought it was a good idea to piss off potential buying customers the way he's doing tonight. Not only that, but you never aim low. If the UFC is on top then why even bother talking shit about these other organizations. You just elevate them.

Motherfucker has a serious Napoleon complex and its pitifully obvious he feels insecure as shit.

Rip-Hamilton32
02-13-2011, 01:58 AM
ehh the Fedor hype was off the charts, but then again everyone on sherdog was in love with pride and hated on the UFC champs

dbreiden83080
02-13-2011, 01:58 AM
So much of his anger is fueled by Fedor telling the UFC "No"

polandprzem
02-13-2011, 02:06 AM
Yea well Fedor was not making any progress in this sport for 5 years or so. And that's the main reason of losing.

If you are not making progress you are staying behind. In this sport when it's growing you need to work on new aspects of your game. Fedor only was perfecting what he had, and nobody knows if he had any changes in his training. A sportsmen needs about 10% changes in his training after a year.

btw. I don't know if Fedor would know how to cut weight.

All in all he will probably retire because there is nobody left at SF who he can fight. Well the possibility is that he can fight one of the losers from this funny bracket. He still has 2 fights left in his contract ...

Stringer_Bell
02-13-2011, 02:13 AM
So much of his anger is fueled by Fedor telling the UFC "No"

I recall Fedor stating that the UFC took a negative approach to fight hype instead of focusing on the art itself, which was something made Fedor not want to fight for them. I sort of understood at the time what he was getting at with all the trash talk, but tonight just reinforces how the Dana runs on negativity. I'm sure tons of people that bought UFC fights even after the boring cards and shitty Silva fights - are telling him they'll be streaming them from now on, and I bet it burns his ass...

I really hope now that one day we'll see Randy vs Fedor, a true legends match. Both small heavyweights, but Fedor weathered the storm as a new breed was coming up in the ranks as Randy went back and forth looking for the title shot.

CubanSucks
02-13-2011, 05:12 AM
I really hope now that one day we'll see Randy vs Fedor, a true legends match. Both small heavyweights, but Fedor weathered the storm as a new breed was coming up in the ranks as Randy went back and forth looking for the title shot.

Wow, talk about a true poetic ending that would be for those two.

djohn14
02-13-2011, 10:21 AM
And this is why Anderson Silva should be ranked number 1 P4P in the world followed closely by GSP. Im not saying Fedors done.....but hes not the best. Cain would tear him up.

BlackSwordsMan
02-13-2011, 10:52 AM
joe rogan the only one with class toward fedors loss

dbreiden83080
02-13-2011, 12:13 PM
joe rogan the only one with class toward fedors loss

Bet Dana is pissed at him..

shyne
02-13-2011, 12:31 PM
What did Rogan say?

dbreiden83080
02-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Some of Dana's Twitter from last night..

@mma_best

ya because I hide and don't speak my mind. Their meal ticket expired and they f**kin blew it and ruined a mans career.
less than a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Dana White
danawhite

@EChar_

I did, the internet has fabricated this whole fedor thing and scared the living shit out of the media and the net geeks r bummin now
Dana White
danawhite

@Devo662

the media here in america has embarrassed themselves over the past couple years with the fedor BS
Dana White
danawhite

@addthefun1025

who the f**k has he fought in his last 5 fights that meant anything? Its OVER now so u can stop defending him
Dana White
danawhite

@eregitano

I honestly believe he has been done for a while but he would have at least gone out fighting the best
Dana White
danawhite

@modrndaywarrior

they blew it on EVERY level! Really screwed fedors career up
Dana White
danawhite

@theMMAnation

yes I try to respond to everyone even the butt hurt ball lickin fedor fans :)
Dana White
danawhite

@ByronByrd

wtf has he done for the sport!? Ur f**kin nuts
Dana White
danawhite

M1 = M done!

What did I tell you Vadummy!!
Dana White
danawhite

@HecMMADieHards

all the fedor nut huggers were so excited for 2 nites set up fight. Didn't work out and they are BUMMED!!b
Dana White
danawhite

BlackSwordsMan
02-13-2011, 01:57 PM
What did Rogan say?

check his twitter

dallaskd
02-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Fedor and Andrei are done. either they should move down to 205 or call it a career. neither one has a future at HW

dbreiden83080
02-13-2011, 04:32 PM
AA needs to quit before he gets brain damage. That guy is getting KO'd left and right these days...

dallaskd
02-13-2011, 07:24 PM
Where is LEONARD these days? lol

mystargtr34
02-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Dude

Provided Brock doesn't get touched on the chin.

desflood
02-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Provided Brock doesn't get touched on the chin.
A lot of people haven't heard this, but Lesnar brought in a striker (Pat Barry) to help him train for Cain Velasquez - but Barry was not allowed to actually hit Brock during training. :lmao

The TroutBum
02-13-2011, 11:26 PM
/sigh.

First Jerry Sloan, now this?

Fuck.

dbreiden83080
02-13-2011, 11:51 PM
A lot of people haven't heard this, but Lesnar brought in a striker (Pat Barry) to help him train for Cain Velasquez - but Barry was not allowed to actually hit Brock during training. :lmao

"Coughs Bullshit"

dbreiden83080
02-13-2011, 11:51 PM
Where is LEONARD these days? lol

He and Evan engaged in a mass suicide..

The TroutBum
02-13-2011, 11:54 PM
"Coughs Bullshit"

This kind of disrespect is unacceptable. NOBODY PUTS DES IN A CORNER!

dbreiden83080
02-13-2011, 11:57 PM
This kind of disrespect is unacceptable. NOBODY PUTS DES IN A CORNER!

I didn't dis-respect Dessie. She knows she has nothing but love here on the forum...

desflood
02-14-2011, 10:26 AM
It actually came out in an interview Bas Rutten did with Barry. No time to find the vid right now, but will try later.

dbreiden83080
02-14-2011, 11:12 AM
It actually came out in an interview Bas Rutten did with Barry. No time to find the vid right now, but will try later.

Well if that is true Brock needs to have a better camp for JDS

That's for sure..

dbreiden83080
02-14-2011, 11:36 AM
They infracted me at Sherdog because i argued with one of the mods last night about Fedor.. :lol

polandprzem
02-14-2011, 12:30 PM
They infracted me at Sherdog because i argued with one of the mods last night about Fedor.. :lol

:nope

You should never argue about Fedor !

Yea I miss Leonard.
It's always good to have a players/fighter lover on the board.

He squeezes every positive aspect of his idol.

Dan is right saying that they did wasted Fedors career.
he still could be dominant force if he had better camps and people surrounding him.

Fedor is the guy who made me an mma fan. It was sad watching him being so much devastated.

But I was saying this for 3 years or so. He was not making progress and his wrestling is not good enough to compete on the highest level with the best in UFC. Although I think he could beat everyone [Fedor 5 yrs ago] accept 3 main guys now.

He is gonna probably retire. I just do not see how he can fight more. Even when he is top5/8/10 guy

desflood
02-14-2011, 12:31 PM
"Ve vill not tolerate dissent!" :lol

Couldn't find the original interview, but found another with Bas in which he makes reference to the conversation. Topic at 8:35.

3MVOUu2vf-I

And it was Dos Santos, not Cain. Sorry, not enough sleep last night.

CubanSucks
02-14-2011, 08:07 PM
"Ve vill not tolerate dissent!" :lol

Couldn't find the original interview, but found another with Bas in which he makes reference to the conversation. Topic at 8:35.

3MVOUu2vf-I

REALLY interesting stuff

Stringer_Bell
02-14-2011, 10:53 PM

I actually think he was around for the Cain fight too, at least I recall seeing him in the Countdown shows. Bas is right, Barry can't finish a guy going 70%, but he could put enough pressure on Brock up against the cage to make him not be such a pussy when he gets hit.

There's nothing wrong with not being able to take a punch, but not when you're the HW champion and called the baddest man on the planet.

So is it official that Leonard is attending that big MMA event in the sky? :(