PDA

View Full Version : Game Grades - Spurs @ Kings - February 4th

Cry Havoc
02-07-2011, 08:42 PM
The Spurs came into Sac-town having played in an unusual number of close games as of late. Perhaps it could be attributed to the recent lapse in 3 point shooting that has been dragging the Spurs down offensively, or just a lack of competition from being 7 games up in the conference, the Spurs had definitely been playing less than stellar ball as of late. Luckily, they flattened the Kings from the opening tip, and it was never really a close game after 3:00 into the first quarter. The Spurs opened up with a 14-4 run to begin the game, and held a double digit lead after 5:33 for the remainder of the contest. This marks another milestone in the Spurs season so far, as they have tied the mark for the 5th best start in NBA history.

Player of the Game

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/files/2010/12/Tiago-12191-306x416.jpg

Has he arrived? Spurs fans certainly hope so. In what has to be one of the bust-to-breakout games of the season, Tiago Splitter absolutely whopped the Kings. He outplayed the entire Sacramento front line. He outrebounded everyone not named Blair or Cousins. He defended extremely well, arms outstretched, making shots difficult for Kings players to get off. And Tiago Splitter scored... to the tune of 7/8 from the field for 16 points (and he showed some dunking ability, finally). Make no mistake, Tony Parker was probably the best player on the floor Friday night, but he was hardly the story. This is something bigger than him, or any single Spurs player. Because it might be the game that Tiago finally steps up and takes a role in the future of the franchise. Or not. But anyone watching the game would have taken one thing away from it regarding the Spurs young Center: He shows promise. There is potential within his 6'11" frame to play more than adequate basketball. So even though my head tells me to give this award to Parker yet again, my heart says this has the potential to be much bigger than Parker's slightly above average night on the court. He's hoping that we will look back at THIS night as the night that Splitter found his confidence and started to play like the draft pick we waited so long to get. A+. His best game of the season.

Starters

Tony Parker - B+ It is becoming customary to say this, but No. 9 came out with his foot on the gas, and the pedal planted to the floor Friday night. He opened up the lead in the 1st Quarter with an 18 foot jumper from the top of the key and then a big, wide open 3. Tony went 5-7 shooting in the first period, an imprint that took any early momentum the Kings might have had. He has been shooting at a torrid pace lately: aside from the horrible Portland game, Parker has shot 50% or better in every game dating back to January 12th. His consistency and potency with getting in the lane, as well as the 7 assists, were a driving force behind San Antone's early blowout of the Kings. What I would like to see from Parker is a willingness to shut down the other team's PG, as Beno Udrih had one of the best games of the season against the Spurs. Still, 25 points with 7 assists is a number not many PGs in the league could replicate against any team.

Manu Ginobili - D+ I'm officially becoming frustrated with Manu. In the late 3rd/early 4th quarters, Manu suddenly decided to start forcing plays and shots, and he ended up turning the ball over and taking a number of ill-advised shots. On a night when the Spurs needed a kick, it would have been somewhat acceptable for him to take initiative, but why, Manu, why do you think we need heroics when we're up by 15 with a quarter to play? The answer is simple, of course: He's Manu. That's just who he is. He lives to compete, and damn the score. He's going to be the player we've known and loved all these years. But in this game, that was a double edged sword -- instead of putting the Kings away in the 3rd, the Spurs gave up chunks of their lead, and allowed a young, hungry team to stay within striking distance before righting the ship and turning them away late.

Richard Jefferson - A- When he's hot, San Antonio is a war machine. Richard Jefferson continued his streak of good shooting performances, hitting on 6-8 and firing away early to go 3-5 from downtown, with a block, a steal, an assist, and 3 rebounds. One thing I am consistently seeing from RJ is a defensive presence. He is getting hands in the faces of shooters, using his athleticism to force them into bad shots, and generally being a pest. He's also positioning himself extremely well, although he had a few lapses on D. In fact, RJ completely removed Omri Casspi from the game for the most part until very late in the contest. His offense warrants a B, but with his defense added on, I must give RJ a very solid grade for this contest and to hope he continues to improve on both sides of the ball. A few more rebounds wouldn't hurt his stat sheet, either.

Tim Duncan - A- I know that Duncan only scored 12 and 5 in this contest, but when you consider he only played for 13 minutes, that's saying something. Add in the steal and 2 assists, and that means that roughly every 40-45 seconds, Tim Duncan was completing a measurable action that was helping the Spurs win on the court. You can't ask for much more from a player in such limited time. The 2nd game on a B2B provided some rest for Big Funda, and now with 4 days off, he should get a chance to get back to 100% before the next foray on the Rodeo Road Trip. All signs point to a Spurs team that could be very close to 50 wins by the All-Star Break. Remarkable.

DeJuan Blair - B- In case you haven't noticed, Beast Mode has been working his butt off for the Spurs lately. In fact, in 6 of his past 11 games dating back to January 14th, Blair has hauled in double digit rebounding numbers, with a 7th game being a hair under at 9 against Utah. His consistency needs work, but Blair has sufficiently established himself as a player that his efforts and numbers are going to have to go up across the board, because he's elevated the standard by which I'm looking at him at. He has the potential to be a double-double machine, and I expect nothing less. I also expect Blair to be a huge weapon against the Lake Show or the Mavericks in the playoffs, if we get to the WCF. That said, I also want Blair to shut down opposing teams. Get blocks, get steals, Blair. Don't risk too much on defense, but the other team should be scared to go at you for fear of turnovers.

Bench

Tiago Splitter - Look up! :lol

Gary Neal - B- Some might think this is a lenient grade on Neal, who only went 1-4 from 3, but hear me out. Neal didn't force things this game. Even though he shot 25% from downtown, from inside the arc, Neal hit 3-5, including a very solid 2nd quarter which saw him getting into the defense and taking good shots at relatively close range. Realistically, anything inside 16 feet should be butter for a guy with a jumper as sharp as Neal's, and it's yet another deployable weapon in the Spurs arsenal if opposing wings overrun Gary trying to chase him off the 3 point line. His step up shot from the free-throw line extended or from the side in the mid-range could be a valuable way to hurt defenders helping down low or doubling Manu or Parker.

George Hill - C+ Another solid outing from GHill, but this is becoming quite the norm for him lately. Aside from a burst of great play in the late 1st/early 2nd quarters, Hill was largely invisible in this game. But the Spurs didn't need him, and he seems to be developing a lot of mental poise. He could be a very dangerous weapon in the playoffs, especially if he keeps hitting his corner 3s.

Antonio McDyess - C A relatively quiet game for Dice, he nevertheless continues to put solid performances together. His post defense is solid, he grabs some boards, and he's a threat from his patented 18 foot jumper.

Gregg Popovich - A Pop gets a huge thumbs-up this game for finally giving Tiago some real time on the court. His early gameplan was to attack and take the Kings out of their game early, and he had his players engaged from the very beginning of the game, and playing at a high level throughout. 13 points was the final margin, but with Duncan getting just 13 minutes of action, it was a very comfortable win for San Antonio. The Spurs improved to 17-6 on the road, the best mark in the league.

Cry Havoc
02-07-2011, 08:43 PM
First game grades posted with my new computer. :tu

m33p0
02-07-2011, 08:46 PM
grats on the new comp. is it a boy or a girl? :lol

will post comments later.

awktalk
02-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Congrats on the new 'pooter. And great write-up, can't argue with any of the grades.:tu

Cry Havoc
02-07-2011, 08:54 PM
grats on the new comp. is it a boy or a girl? :lol

will post comments later.

Well, it's adorned with Red LEDs, so I named it Ifrit. So I guess it's a guy. :lol

Supreme_Being
02-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Great job. Thanks, Cry_Havoc!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Splitter can play - many of us knew it, nice that he's finally shown it. I don't expect him to play like that consistently until he's getting consistent minutes (probably next year), but there's no doubt he's going to be a very useful NBA player some time soon. :tu

PS Blair's nickname is not "Beast mode", it's Grizzly. Get with the program! :lol

spurs10
02-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks! A good read as usual. It was indeed great to see Tiago get some burn! :flag:

m33p0
02-07-2011, 09:04 PM
loved what i saw from Tiago. he needs to go strong when he has an open lane and put some asses to the floor. needs to put on weight, as we all know. needs conditioning, too. lost his wind later in the game but that's to be expected being stuck on the long end of the bench for most of the season. when he went to the post later in the game, he showed patience... looked relaxed and took his shot when he was ready.

i don't know how much impact he can give the team down the stretch and into the playoffs. but i'm definitely looking forward to Splitter Season 2.

Cry Havoc
02-07-2011, 09:17 PM
loved what i saw from Tiago. he needs to go strong when he has an open lane and put some asses to the floor.

I'm not entirely sure he needs to "put on weight" so much as "play stronger and harder". He could definitely bulk up a bit, but I think what's limiting him more right now is his penchant to try flipping a shot into the hoop, rather than making a strong post-move and getting an easy bucket.

jestersmash
02-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Ginobili has been even streakier than usual in January/Feb.

His last 3 games have been atrocious (start of the RRT). He had 3 solid games before that. The 5 games before that were atrocious. 4 games before that - solid. 3 games before that - atrocious.

Good news is, if he ever gets into a slump during the playoffs, hopefully it'll only last 3 or 4 games and Parker/Duncan/R.J. will be able to step up during his absence.

He constantly says that he's "tired," but that doesn't account for him forcing shots/making poor decisions.

I actually think Ginobili sometimes does not look for his shot enough off the S&R/P&R, and then to "make up" for lack of shots he'll take a bunch of bad ones. On any given night, he's one of the spurs top 2 options on offense (with Tony Parker). I think he embraces the role of facilitator too much at times, and it might be detrimental for his chances of gaining any sort of "rhythm" early on during any given game.

Brazil
02-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Thing is if we were loosing a bunch of games, Manu would be crucified lately but the spurs are winning so it's all good. BTW I do think if the spurs really needed Manu A game he would go for it, so I'm not too concerned.

I agree with the player of the game, the easy win is more linked to TP play but the most important stat is Tim 13 mn, thx for that Tiago.

jestersmash
02-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Thing is if we were loosing a bunch of games, Manu would be crucified lately but the spurs are winning so it's all good. BTW I do think if the spurs really needed Manu A game he would go for it, so I'm not too concerned.

I agree with the player of the game, the easy win is more linked to TP play but the most important stat is Tim 13 mn, thx for that Tiago.

Well, we're winning thanks in large part to Tony Parker. I'm actually a bit surprised more people aren't talking about it around here. TP has been playing just spectacularly for the past 10-11 games or so (with maybe one "mediocre" game here or there).

I'm usually pretty lax when it comes to Ginobili's shot selection because he usually makes up for it (and more) at the free throw line, but he's not even doing that as of late. 2, 3, and 2 free throw attempts for the RRT games so far? That's well under his average, and it's a little bit disconcerting.

DMC
02-07-2011, 10:01 PM
I have to disagree just a bit on Manu. Yes he forced things, but he always does. We only grade him by his results though, not by his effort. Had he hit those shots, he gets a better grade.

How about that sick pass to TP on the break? That was like circa 2007 playoffs stuff.

All in all, I was glad he was pulled, and afterward the Spurs went up big in short order.

DMC
02-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Tiago too often plays with his hands down while facing up on defense. I've seen too many times when he's been taken to the rim and doesn't have time to elevate his arms. He needs to keep his arms up. All in all, he seems like a pretty good post defender though.

Brazil
02-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Well, we're winning thanks in large part to Tony Parker. I'm actually a bit surprised more people aren't talking about it around here. TP has been playing just spectacularly for the past 10-11 games or so (with maybe one "mediocre" game here or there).

I'm usually pretty lax when it comes to Ginobili's shot selection because he usually makes up for it (and more) at the free throw line, but he's not even doing that as of late. 2, 3, and 2 free throw attempts for the RRT games so far? That's well under his average, and it's a little bit disconcerting.

Well with our record, ST is very calm with no overreaction: no fire Pop for not playing splitter, no trade TP threads, no Bonner sucks, no Tim is old etc... in counter part no Manu is god, TP best player in the league etc...

Fortunately (or not) things will heat up with the POs.

For the rest TP is playing extremly well lately but sooner it was Manu. Good thing for the moment one is hot while the other is cold, hopefully they will be good in the same time for the POs

jestersmash
02-07-2011, 10:12 PM
I have to disagree just a bit on Manu. Yes he forced things, but he always does. We only grade him by his results though, not by his effort. Had he hit those shots, he gets a better grade.

How about that sick pass to TP on the break? That was like circa 2007 playoffs stuff.

All in all, I was glad he was pulled, and afterward the Spurs went up big in short order.

That's a fair point. He certainly has earned the right to take those shots and he's made his fair share of them in the past.

Loved that pass to TP. Somebody posted a video of it in the Spurs/Kings postgame thread. Vintage Manu.

Cry Havoc
02-07-2011, 10:54 PM

:lol I think if some people could grade Spurs games, Manu could go 0-13 and get an A simply because "he's Manu and always brings the effort."

If Manu doesn't get a poor grade for what I saw Friday night, he never will. IN fact, he reminded me of Kobe in the late 3rd, trying to take the game over by himself. It was scary to see Manu try to be the only one on the court with the ball with no thought to passing.

ducks
02-07-2011, 11:19 PM
That's a fair point. He certainly has earned the right to take those shots and he's made his fair share of them in the past.

Loved that pass to TP. Somebody posted a video of it in the Spurs/Kings postgame thread. Vintage Manu.

manu has earned no right
duncan gets yelled at if he does wrong
manu should to!

m33p0
02-07-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm not entirely sure he needs to "put on weight" so much as "play stronger and harder". He could definitely bulk up a bit, but I think what's limiting him more right now is his penchant to try flipping a shot into the hoop, rather than making a strong post-move and getting an easy bucket.

this is what i meant.

jestersmash
02-07-2011, 11:28 PM
manu has earned no right
duncan gets yelled at if he does wrong
manu should to!

I'm all for criticizing any spurs player for taking poor shots. No argument there.

That said, Duncan/Parker/Ginobili have all earned the right to attempt questionable shots and not get yelled at by Pop or taken out of the rotation. Those are really the only three guys with immunity in that regard. That's what I meant when I said Ginobili has "earned the right" to take those shots. It's one of the perks of being a part of the "big three."

I'll "yell" at Manu all I want here on spurstalk - not that it's going to make any difference at all, but I'll do it anyways (if warranted) :lol. I'll criticize Duncan when I think he's taking ill-advised, off balance, fall away, awkward leg-sprawling jumpers in the post. I'll criticize Parker (usually when I think he isn't being aggressive enough, surprisingly). I'll criticize Manu as well. But that's not quite what I meant when I said he has the "right" to take those shots.

ducks
02-07-2011, 11:30 PM
ok:blah

m33p0
02-07-2011, 11:31 PM
they only get yelled at if they do wrong by Pop on the defensive end.

Manufan909
02-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Splitter can play - many of us knew it, nice that he's finally shown it. I don't expect him to play like that consistently until he's getting consistent minutes (probably next year), but there's no doubt he's going to be a very useful NBA player some time soon. :tu

PS Blair's nickname is not "Beast mode", it's Grizzly. Get with the program! :lol

Give it up man, it's not sticking!:nope

Grizzly doesn't even make sense for Blair, since he is undersized. An animal like a wolverine would work better (they don't let their size affect their badassness:hat). But Grizzlies are just too popular, and represent raw force, like Dejuan, so in that respect it makes sense.

As to the actual thread, great work once again, CryHavoc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roycrikside
02-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Ginobili has been even streakier than usual in January/Feb.

His last 3 games have been atrocious (start of the RRT). He had 3 solid games before that. The 5 games before that were atrocious. 4 games before that - solid. 3 games before that - atrocious.

Good news is, if he ever gets into a slump during the playoffs, hopefully it'll only last 3 or 4 games and Parker/Duncan/R.J. will be able to step up during his absence.

He constantly says that he's "tired," but that doesn't account for him forcing shots/making poor decisions.

I actually think Ginobili sometimes does not look for his shot enough off the S&R/P&R, and then to "make up" for lack of shots he'll take a bunch of bad ones. On any given night, he's one of the spurs top 2 options on offense (with Tony Parker). I think he embraces the role of facilitator too much at times, and it might be detrimental for his chances of gaining any sort of "rhythm" early on during any given game.

Your last paragraph was the only part of this opinion that was even remotely close to being intelligent. In the past three games Manu has led the team in +/- all three times (unless you want to count the garbage min guys playing 1 min in the Portland game.

Against the Blazers he didn't play well, but nobody did, and at least Manu led the team in scoring and had four steals. At LA he had eight assists and had a lot to do with the team opening up a lead in the fourth quarter with his playmaking.

Finally, against Sacto, he didn't force too many bad shots. He had 8 in 26 minutes for the game and only three attempts at half. He still had six assists to turnovers. The 3:1 ratio is better than his season average, so I don't understand where that complaint is coming from.

I think too many people judge Manu (and Tony) solely on his scoring and shooting percentages and don't look at the overall game.

roycrikside
02-08-2011, 12:02 AM
:lol I think if some people could grade Spurs games, Manu could go 0-13 and get an A simply because "he's Manu and always brings the effort."

If Manu doesn't get a poor grade for what I saw Friday night, he never will. IN fact, he reminded me of Kobe in the late 3rd, trying to take the game over by himself. It was scary to see Manu try to be the only one on the court with the ball with no thought to passing.

Again, this is crazy. He took 8 shots in 26 minutes, and only three at half. He had six assists to two turnovers, which is better than his actual season ratio. He led the team with a +20. I'm not sure it's possible for him to play much better considering he was clearly at 2nd gear, at most.

jestersmash
02-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Your last paragraph was the only part of this opinion that was even remotely close to being intelligent. In the past three games Manu has led the team in +/- all three times (unless you want to count the garbage min guys playing 1 min in the Portland game.

Against the Blazers he didn't play well, but nobody did, and at least Manu led the team in scoring and had four steals. At LA he had eight assists and had a lot to do with the team opening up a lead in the fourth quarter with his playmaking.

Finally, against Sacto, he didn't force too many bad shots. He had 8 in 26 minutes for the game and only three attempts at half. He still had six assists to turnovers. The 3:1 ratio is better than his season average, so I don't understand where that complaint is coming from.

I think too many people judge Manu (and Tony) solely on his scoring and shooting percentages and don't look at the overall game.

You imply that my take is unintelligent, and yet you're cherry picking statistics "8 assists in L.A." "+/- leader in all of them" to make your case. That's patently absurd.

Why do you cherry pick 8 assists when making your case? How is that any different from me going "Manu had a bad game because he had 3 turnovers and fouled 4 times in the L.A. game"? I don't cherry pick statistics, and that's precisely the point. When assessing how well somebody is playing, you should assess everything. You should take the entire game into consideration, and if you had to cherry pick a single statistic, +/- isn't the best one to use.

I will say your take on his Sacramento game is perhaps fair. You're right, he didn't take that many shots to begin with, but that doesn't necessarily imply that the shots he did take were good, high percentage shots.

He's had a few games where he attacked the rim numerous times and missed point blank layups. I take things like that into consideration when looking at his field goal/true shooting percentage. I don't "grade him" harshly in that regard if he's getting to or near the rim and missing high percentage layups, so it goes both ways.

trollt
02-08-2011, 12:27 AM
I like Beast Mode, nice little alternate nickname.

I named it Ifrit.

You are nothing if not consistent

I do think if the spurs really needed Manu A game he would go for it, so I'm not too concerned.

I share your lack of concern, I don't know if it's possible for manu to go through March without flipping the uncanny switch - he doesn't have a choice it's in the genes.

Cry Havoc
02-08-2011, 08:33 AM
Again, this is crazy. He took 8 shots in 26 minutes, and only three at half. He had six assists to two turnovers, which is better than his actual season ratio. He led the team with a +20. I'm not sure it's possible for him to play much better considering he was clearly at 2nd gear, at most.

For someone insulting the opinions of other people, you seem to be only listing stats instead of making a qualitative argument for Manu's play. Did you actually watch the game? Manu was THE reason we didn't blow them out by 20+. He actually kept the Kings in the game with his shoddy 3rd/4th quarter antics.

Furthermore, +/- is simply one of the worst metrics to judge a single game performance by. Most of Manu's +20 came from the fact that he was on the court at the same time that Tony was going off on the Kings.

It's funny -- you admit that Manu was playing in 2nd gear, but think he deserves an A+ for his effort? Should I just give him an A+ for every game for the rest of the season, then?

Face it: Manu played a bad game. Not bad perhaps by Steve Blake's standards, but by the incredibly high water mark Manu sets for himself. He was out of control and took bad shots. Real fans can accept that their favorite player had a bad game. I bet Manu would be the first to step up and say he played really poorly.

You are nothing if not consistent

Eh? Why do you say this? :lol

cutewizard
02-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Tiago is the player of the game!!!!

i like it!!!!!!

kudos Cry Havok

excellent analysis, as always

more power man.....

Tiago rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carina_gino20
02-08-2011, 09:16 AM
This was a meh game for Manu, tbh. He pretty much admitted during practice that he was just taking it easy, until the inadvertent elbow from Neal.

Cessation
02-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Manu was fine, the game was over after midway through 2nd anyway, pretty much extended garbage time, the kings are that bad. If the game got close he would have taken over and you all would be on his sack. Similar to last season 1-10 outing against thunder, but making the game winning hustle play. This is what manu does, you must be new if you judge his play by his shooting only, lol.

Cry Havoc
02-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Manu was fine, the game was over after midway through 2nd anyway, pretty much extended garbage time, the kings are that bad. If the game got close he would have taken over and you all would be on his sack. Similar to last season 1-10 outing against thunder, but making the game winning hustle play. This is what manu does, you must be new if you judge his play by his shooting only, lol.

You should probably read my analysis before you judge me based on the grade alone. You guys make it sound like it's impossible for Manu to have a bad game.

Notice to everyone: Manu shall henceforth be given an A+ every game simply because he's Manu and that's what he does and if he shot 3-47 he still had 5 assists and only one turnover and because he wasn't trying and would have DEFINITELY stepped up and hit the game winner to go 4-48 if we needed it.

Seriously, if Parker ever goes 3-8 with a couple of bad turnovers, people would be demanding nothing less than an F- for him for the game. I don't get the blind eye so many Spurs fans turn toward Manu simply because he is a playmaker. That's all well and good, but he made a lot of good plays for the Kings last game, and that's what I'm going to base his score on.

Tigole Bitties
02-08-2011, 09:55 AM
What? No grade for James Anderson's 5 minutes of play?

j/k... nice write-up and analysis as always.

Cry Havoc
02-08-2011, 10:24 AM
What? No grade for James Anderson's 5 minutes of play?

j/k... nice write-up and analysis as always.

I've been time crunched lately, hence getting this out 3 days after the game. :hat

Manu-of-steel
02-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the great write ups, Cry Havoc.. You're doing an awesome job for all of us spurs fans.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Seriously, what's happened to timvp? He has time to post as lakaluva, but hasn't done anything in the Spurs forum in quite a while.

Horse
02-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Nice work! Can you imagine how many TP would score if got call he should get I mean it's fucking ridiculous the guy gets pounded night after night and does'nt get the calls much lesser players get, he's been around alot longer than chrissy paul and you can't even look at that without a whistle blowing or paul doing a tornado spin or summersault for a foul call.

slayermin
02-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Enjoyable read!

I loved the "Big Funda" and the "War Machine" references.

jestersmash
02-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Pop supposedly called Tiago's defense "fantastic" from the Kings game, as per FSSSW. That game might have been the push Tiago needed to get consistent rotation minutes. His playing time has been so sporadic up until now, I can't help but feel for him a little bit. He usually makes the most of his minutes.

patos
02-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Tony Parker - F- Everything he did was negative, no need to elaborate.

Kori Ellis
02-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Seriously, what's happened to timvp? He has time to post as lakaluva, but hasn't done anything in the Spurs forum in quite a while.

:lol He's not lakaluva - that joke is pretty old.

DMC
02-08-2011, 11:12 PM

I kinda drew the comparison myself. Did it tonight against the Pistons as well. He hit some shots, but he was always looking to score (it seemed) and forced himself into trouble causing turnovers a few times.

Fair enough I suppose.

Cry Havoc
02-09-2011, 12:47 AM
I kinda drew the comparison myself. Did it tonight against the Pistons as well. He hit some shots, but he was always looking to score (it seemed) and forced himself into trouble causing turnovers a few times.

Fair enough I suppose.

Manu played poorly again tonight until late in the 2nd half. People are going to crucify me, but he's going to get a lower grade yet again, because I expect more out of him. Had he brought it all 4 quarters, this game is a blowout by halftime and we can rest guys and get Tiago some minutes.

TMTTRIO
02-09-2011, 06:53 AM
The problem with Manu is he's way too inconsistant and has always been.

mathbzh
02-09-2011, 07:39 AM
The problem with Manu is he's way too inconsistant and has always been.

This is why he is perfect to play with Tim "consistant" Duncan and Parker.