PDA

View Full Version : Mark Cuban to Cleveland basketball fans: Better days are ahead

duncan228
02-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Mark Cuban to Cleveland basketball fans: Better days are ahead -- Cavaliers Insider (http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2011/02/mark_cuban_to_cleveland_basket.html)
By Jodie Valade, The Plain Dealer

The Cavaliers' extended losing streak might be difficult for players, coaches and fans to swallow on a nightly basis.

But to outspoken Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, losing in a big way is the best thing that could happen to the post-LeBron version of the Cavaliers.

"It's gotta be brutal for [owner] Dan [Gilbert], brutal for the players themselves," Cuban said Monday. "But big picture, there's been many a team built into a championship after having a bad season."

Cuban reminded of how the Cavaliers rebuilt into a consistent playoff squad after securing LeBron James in the 2003 draft with the No. 1 pick. That came after a 17-65 season in 2002-03. The San Antonio Spurs drafted Tim Duncan first in the draft in 1997 after finishing the season 20-62. That's what Cleveland needs to remember, Cuban said, when the Cavaliers' victories still have not reached double digits midway through the season.

"The season's over in what, 60 days?" Cuban said. "So in 60 days you go from being a suffering franchise to having the best odds of getting the first pick and a ton of [salary] cap room, and you're the hero all summer."

It's all in the delivery, of course, as Cuban has often said any publicity is good publicity. He's able to easily spin the Cavaliers' losing streak into an opportunity to improve.

"In 60 days, all of a sudden your fans are talking about will they get the [No. 1] pick, who will they draft, and what will they do with cap room," he said. "That's exciting. That creates a ton of hope, and all of a sudden you're not worried about this season, you're already into next."

The difficulty, though, comes in surviving the next two months. Cuban's advice for that one?

"In my case? Pizza. Ice Cream. Playing basketball," he said.

What about that letter? Gilbert often has been compared to the brash Cuban for their passionate approaches to franchise ownership. But not even Cuban has written a public letter like the one Gilbert did last July. Asked if it was something Cuban would have done in the same position, he laughed.

"Probably," he said. "Mine probably would have been worse. I might have used different wording. I probably would have used a worse font."

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2011/02/mark_cuban_to_cleveland_basket.html

lefty
02-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Pop to Cuban: " better days are ahead "

DMC
02-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Cuban buying the team?

Cuban to Cavs: One day you too will have the best record in the league only to shit the bed in the playoffs... wait... nm...

One day you too will make it to the Finals only to be embarassed... wait... nm..

Forget the better days thing...

-Markie

jjktkk
02-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Cuban buying the team?

Cuban to Cavs: One day you too will have the best record in the league only to shit the bed in the playoffs... wait... nm...

One day you too will make it to the Finals only to be embarassed... wait... nm..

Forget the better days thing...

-Markie

:lol

sefant77
02-07-2011, 11:08 PM
0 rings faggots!

Venti Quattro
02-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Pop to Cuban: " better days are ahead "

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

badfish22
02-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Lefty and random GNSF, in a battle of wits and cunning. I have to give the nod to Lefty on this one.

Tinystarz
02-07-2011, 11:25 PM
at least he's trying

jag
02-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Cuban knows how hard it is to build and maintain a contender. Last thing he's gonna do is poo all over a franchise that's already been poo'd on by their owner.

lefty
02-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Lefty and random GNSF, in a battle of wits and cunning. I have to give the nod to Lefty on this one.

:tu

Axe Murderer
02-08-2011, 12:00 AM

tbh, i have to give the edge to random GNSF on this one. I have to give him sympathy points. lefty is funny sometimes but this GNSF is scoffed by everyone even his fellow GNSF's.

:toast
Congrats DMC, enjoy your 2 seconds of fame

badfish22
02-08-2011, 12:02 AM
sup GNRF

MiamiHeat
02-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Cuban is a butthurt little faggot who has yet to grow into how a real man should behave.

This is basically him trying to score points and to pour some fire on the anti-LeBron sentiment. that poor old meanie left you, but don't worry guys, im here to make you feel good. better days are ahead of you, don't worry about what that meanie did to you!!

TDMVPDPOY
02-08-2011, 12:09 AM
cuban m ight be correct

but i doubt dan is going open his wallet even attracting any players besides scrubs

crc21209
02-08-2011, 12:21 AM
:lol At Cuban being a "voice of reason."

TDMVPDPOY
02-08-2011, 01:15 AM
is it still possible for dan to go the stern route of being a cheap owner and still make a profit mainly from the distribution of the nba over the cap penalty teams at the end of the season??

fill team with nbdl players on nba mininum or throw 10 day contracts to every player possible b4 handing out the 3rd-10 day contract to same player again...and ride it out the season...lower ur tickets to 1buck, would ppl still come?