PDA

View Full Version : NBA Power Rankings: Matt Bonner and The 15 Most Underrated Shooters in The NBA

cheguevara
02-08-2011, 03:21 PM
No. 1: Matt Bonner, San Antonio Spurs

Matt Bonner had been an extremely proficient shooter for his entire career, but this season, before he bruised the bone in his right knee, he was truly outdoing himself.

Bonner was shooting an almost unfathomable 50.4 percent from the three-point line, and overall, he had a 64.4 effective field goal percentage. To shoot that well from the field is both remarkable and something at which every basketball fan should marvel.

There are not enough flowery adjectives that can be used to praise Bonner's shooting this year; all we can hope is that he can return to full health so we can continue to experience it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/599889-nba-power-rankings-matt-bonner-and-the-15-most-underrated-shooters-in-the-nba

ALVAREZ6
02-08-2011, 03:28 PM
IDK how Nash is underrated...perhaps because the media is too busy on LA's struggles, the Miami Heat, and the Boston Rondos, but I sure haven't forgotten how great of a shooter he is. Shooting 52 ish % for the season while handing out 11 assists per game is damn good.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Morrow, Nash, and Pierce are not underrated.

ALVAREZ6
02-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Paul Pierce certainly doesn't underrate himself:

In an interview broadcast on television and throughout the arena, Pierce suggested he was one of the best shooters in NBA history, drawing an audible groan from the crowd.

But he didn't back down from the statement.

"I would say I'm one of the best -- I've always said this and I tell this to the guys on my team," said Pierce.

One of the best shooters to ever shoot, yet not the best shooter on his own team.

lol @ Celtics

lol @ pierce thinks he's the best shooter

lol @ Rondo who think's he's the best PG

lol @ KG thinking he's the baddest mofo in the league, yet a whole slew of players have stated otherwise, and tons of nba footage proving contrary

lol @ douche bags

Mel_13
02-08-2011, 03:34 PM
There are not enough flowery adjectives that can be used to praise Bonner's shooting this year; all we can hope is that he can return to full health so we can continue to experience it.

Seems like the sort of thing this guy would write.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/users/photos/000/338/336/DSC_1103_crop_257x257.JPG?1280328289

concken
02-08-2011, 03:46 PM
I don't think these guys are underrated, just I'd say that the Spurs aren't underrated in the same sentence. They may not be hyped up or talked about, but everyone knows their name and everyone knows what they are capable of.

lefty
02-08-2011, 03:48 PM
TBF, he nailed a bunch of wide open 3's

Creation88
02-08-2011, 03:54 PM
the other day Bleacher Report declared the Black Eyed Peas halftime show the best ever too........zero credibility.

ALVAREZ6
02-08-2011, 03:59 PM
the other day Bleacher Report declared the Black Eyed Peas halftime show the best ever too........zero credibility.

all of the SB half time shows blow, and the BEP show was the worst.

so yeah, they pretty much blow

JR3
02-08-2011, 04:17 PM
The media's attention on the Heat and Lakers make EVERYONE underrated.

TampaDude
02-08-2011, 06:28 PM

^ this

ElNono
02-08-2011, 06:35 PM
I gather this is a regular season ranking...

DMC
02-08-2011, 11:16 PM
I am almost always surprised these days when Matty misses a shot. It seems his decision making has improved as well. Where he used to freak out when he was down low with the ball, he now takes his time and finds open shooters or reverse dunks it.

greyforest
02-09-2011, 12:33 AM
a lot of people talked shit about bon bon, especially last year when the spurs said, and i quote, "matty will play a big role for us".

bon bon is playing out of his skull this regular season...i can only hope that his newly found balls show up in the playoffs.

jjktkk
02-09-2011, 12:45 AM
a lot of people talked shit about bon bon, especially last year when the spurs said, and i quote, "matty will play a big role for us".

bon bon is playing out of his skull this regular season...i can only hope that his newly found balls show up in the playoffs.

Thats Matty's final hurdle. Producing in the playoffs.

Supergirl
02-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Morrow, Nash, and Pierce are not underrated.

Morrow still counts as underrated. But Paul is not underrated, and I agree with you about Nash and Pierce.

hater
02-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Bonner owning the haters once again. Came out of a big injury and dropped bombs like nothing happened. :tu

TDomination
02-09-2011, 12:12 PM
The ultimate would be spurs winning the championship this year and on the way, Bonner hits a game winning 3 in one of the games.