PDA

View Full Version : It's almost done: Melo to Lakers for Odom , Character + Trade Exception

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Link at bottom...

Scratch the Bynum deal.... New reports are confirming it's Odom , Character + Trade exception and / or filler...If this happens this will still allow us to trade for Dwight he has player option in 2012 at the same time Lakers have team option on Bynum...It will be a win-win for all...

"Here's where the Lakers rumor comes from. The Nuggets have long had interest in Derrick Caracter, whom they tried to buy outright under previous management. So the thinking is the Lakers would send Caracter, their $5 million Traded Player Exception, Lamar Odom, and another piece to the Nuggets in exchange for Carmelo. That's not a terrible deal for Denver. It's not a great deal, but it's not terrible, either. If the Nuggets had no other offers on the table it might be reasonable to think they would consider such a trade, particularly if you believe they would even remotely consider trading Melo in a three-team deal that netted them Corey Brewer and Wilson Chandler" . . .

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18712#ixzz1DP5bJ9nK

nkdlunch
02-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Melo for the Lakers season MVP and glue guy?

I don't buy it. Mitch ain't stupid.

Leetonidas
02-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Thought I read somewhere that trade exceptions can't be combined with other players or some shit.

If not, fuck that. :pctoss

ohmwrecker
02-08-2011, 04:11 PM
They should trade Kobe tbh.

djohn2oo8
02-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Updated Melo story: Source says of Bynum talks, "Someone is trying to scare New York."

http://twitter.com/KBerg_CBS

/ thread faggot

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Thought I read somewhere that trade exceptions can't be combined with other players or some shit.

If not, fuck that. :pctoss

you might be right on that...but even so the Lakers can make it work...tbh Odom and Character is better than anything they've been offered thus far...they're getting 2 bigs out of the deal..

even I'd be forced to admit it wouldn't seem fair...but fuck it I will do that shit in a heart beat...and enjoy the fucking while I'm at it...:lmao

ChumpDumper
02-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Thought I read somewhere that trade exceptions can't be combined with other players or some shit.You read right.

lol hoopsworld

Man In Black
02-08-2011, 04:14 PM
What I see is 2 ball dominant hogs that will stop the flow on the offense. Go ahead and team them up. IT WON'T MEAN SHIT when defenses get to game plan a series.

Leetonidas
02-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Note this exception is for single player trades only, though additional cash and draft picks can be part of the trade.

Ah, so it is.

jjktkk
02-08-2011, 04:17 PM
What I see is 2 ball dominant hogs that will stop the flow on the offense. Go ahead and team them up. IT WON'T MEAN SHIT when defenses get to game plan a series.

Boy that would really piss off Kobe, if this deal went down. Kobe going back to his traditional robin to Melo's batman role. :lol

TheManFromAcme
I don't like the sound of this.
Some things are better left alone.
:rolleyes

narmerguy

Exactly. This would be terrible. I hope they do it.

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 04:18 PM

on paper your theory seems plausible but in reality it's false...Kobe is trying to win and Melo is trying to fit in...Imagine Lakers keep Bynum (until 2012) and get Melo....seriously the league is fucked...imagine the Spurs trying to game plan around this:

Kobe
Pau
Melo
Bynum
Fisher

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Never count the Lakers out, if they want Melo they will get Melo

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 04:20 PM
according to Ric Bucher...lakers almost traded Artest for S-JAX / or G. Wallace...but Artest balked at going to Charlotte so MJ's folks backed out..dammit Artest....you got a ring now be a good boy and accept the trade...lol

Phillip
02-08-2011, 04:22 PM
on paper your theory seems plausible but in reality it's false...Kobe is trying to win and Melo is trying to fit in...Imagine Lakers keep Bynum (until 2012) and get Melo....seriously the league is fucked...imagine the Spurs trying to game plan around this:

Kobe
Pau
Melo
Bynum
Fisher

if that somehow happens, then yes im scared.

i want to keep telling myself that this wont happen, but after the gasol trade, i wouldnt be shocked if they traded blake, brown, caracter and a 2nd rounder for melo and nene or something stupid like that.

Fabbs
02-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Link at bottom...
http://0.tqn.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/l/A/ralphnose.jpg

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18712#ixzz1DP5bJ9nK
[/COLOR][/LEFT]

jjktkk
02-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Never count the Lakers out, if they want Melo they will get Melo

+1, but I still think they got to give up Bynum to do it. And that would definitely put a dent in the Lakers front line advantage, not to mention their defense. Also, what do they do with Ron Ron if they acquire Melo?

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 04:26 PM
if that somehow happens, then yes im scared.

i want to keep telling myself that this wont happen, but after the gasol trade, i wouldnt be shocked if they traded blake, brown, caracter and a 2nd rounder for melo and nene or something stupid like that.

they'd have no interest in Blake or Brown...but they want Character...so this shit just might happen...the least Karl should do is push the Denver Owners...since after all the Lakers gave his shitty ball player son Koby Karl a chance to play..

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 04:28 PM
+1, but I still think they got to give up Bynum to do it. And that would definitely put a dent in the Lakers front line advantage, not to mention their defense. Also, what do they do with Ron Ron if they acquire Melo?

why would we really have to give up Bynum if NY is offering fucking Wilson Chandler and shit...now that I think about it Odom is a better deal for all parties involved...you're wrong dude...

Mugen
02-08-2011, 04:28 PM
lol at any team wanting fucking derrick character. id rather take derrick coleman at this point.

Cry Havoc
02-08-2011, 04:29 PM
:lmao Laker fans who said Kobe doesn't need help like LeBron to win a title. :lmao :lmao :lmao

Kobe has another All-Star on his team, one of the best 6th men in the NBA, and the "2nd greatest Center in the NBA behind DHo", and he still needs all-world Anthony to help him. :lmao

Leetonidas
Seriously though, how can anyone justify this bullshit. Yes, I will be massively butthurt if the Lakers get Melo.

djohn2oo8
lol Kool getting his hopes up that any team except the Lakers farm team will help them get better. BTW, it was MJ who didn't want Artest

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 04:30 PM
lol at any team wanting fucking derrick character. id rather take derrick coleman at this point.

Character will be a beast someday...just not during the Kobe era...

DJ Mbenga
son dont use hoopsworld as a source. its like dating paris hilton if you want a virgin.

lefty
Wow :lol

fyatuk

Kobe
Pau
Melo
Bynum
Fisher

Except Bynum and Fisher don't really scare anyone, Kobe and Melo are both volume guys, and Pau is already complaining about lack of touches and post play.

With both Kobe and Melo, you'd pretty much never have to worry about anything happening in the post, and Pau would pretty much give up even trying to do anything (he's borderline on that anyway this year).

Of course, wing defense is one thing the Spurs struggle with this year...

Mugen
02-08-2011, 04:31 PM

:rollin

in what league??

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 04:31 PM
lol Kool getting his hopes up that any team except the Lakers farm team will help them get better. BTW, it was MJ who didn't want Artest

don't get me wrong we won back to back but anytime you can improve you do it...numnuts...don't hate cuz Houston bout to lose their best point gaurd in Brooks...

Cry Havoc
02-08-2011, 04:32 PM
What does Denver get out of this?

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 04:32 PM
:rollin

in what league??

Denver wants him so fuck it...they can have his ass..they're the stupid fucks...

Cry Havoc
02-08-2011, 04:33 PM
BTW.....

Hoopsworld FTL

jjktkk
Lakers's Kupchak starting to feel the heat. Why is LA panicking?

djohn2oo8
don't get me wrong we won back to back but anytime you can improve you do it...numnuts...don't hate cuz Houston bout to lose their best point gaurd in Brooks...

:lmao LOL at fisher being the best PG on that squad

Cry Havoc
02-08-2011, 04:35 PM

Way to defend LeBron.

Bosh + Wade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The entire Cavs franchise.

Actually just Wade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cavs.

Nice to see you coming around and saying it was a wise choice for LeBron to go to Miami. I thought you hated James, I never knew you were a supporter of his. :tu

z0sa
Is anyone actually surprised Koolaid_Luva used Hoopsworld as his source?

Fabbs
BTW.....

Hoopsworld FTL
:lol KoolAidsGal is out chasin Hoopsworld.

He gangsta. :lmao

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Hasn't the problem the last month or so been that if Pau gets even a little passive Kobe starts trying to do too much which only makes Gasol more passive on both ends? Getting Carmelo gets Kobe some help with the scoring load but unless Phil's got something real special hidden in the ol' Zen playbook Gasol might just go completely invisible.

djohn2oo8
02-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Is anyone actually surprised Koolaid_Luva used Hoopsworld as his source?

Nope, dude just cannot help his stupidity

Supergirl
02-08-2011, 04:37 PM
What I read is that Bynum is the only definite piece the Lakers are offering that the Nuggets want, and that the Nuggets particularly DON'T want Artest or Odom.

This trade actually makes no sense for the Lakers. They already have a problem with Kobe trying to do too much, and offense is not their problem. The problem is they're old and slow. Doesn't quite makes sense they'd trade their youngest player for a guy who needs the ball in his hand as much as Kobe.

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 04:38 PM
:lmao Laker fans who said Kobe doesn't need help like LeBron to win a title. :lmao :lmao :lmao

Kobe has another All-Star on his team, one of the best 6th men in the NBA, and the "2nd greatest Center in the NBA behind DHo", and he still needs all-world Anthony to help him. :lmao

at the end of the day it's all about the rings...you can spew this till the cows come home...Spurs tanked got their titles now it's over...Deal With It...or just go and Cry ...Havoc...:lol

Cry Havoc
02-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Btw, even the Hoopsworld gossip column doesn't say that this is close to a done deal... it merely states that it's ONE possibility.

Horrible, horrible thread fail.

Lakers mode right now:

http://www.askgeorgeyeo.com/panic.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OB16M2YGt0c/S8cqlqbLjUI/AAAAAAAAAA8/SK_gVP0v6x0/s1600/panic_button.jpg
http://isportacus.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/swine-flu-panic-button.jpg

Cry Havoc
02-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Nice to see you coming around and saying it was a wise choice for LeBron to go to Miami. I thought you hated James, I never knew you were a supporter of his. :tu

at the end of the day it's all about the rings...you can spew this till the cows come home...Spurs tanked got their titles now it's over...Deal With It...or just go and Cry ...Havoc...:lol

Koolaid_Man loves LeBron. Who knew?

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Way to defend LeBron.

Bosh + Wade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The entire Cavs franchise.

Actually just Wade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cavs.

Listen it's different...Wade and Lebron considered the next Kobe...Melo never was put into the Category...but MJ had Pippen...Kobe will finally get his Pippen as well...:lol

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 04:42 PM
What I read is that Bynum is the only definite piece the Lakers are offering that the Nuggets want, and that the Nuggets particularly DON'T want Artest or Odom.

This trade actually makes no sense for the Lakers. They already have a problem with Kobe trying to do too much, and offense is not their problem. The problem is they're old and slow. Doesn't quite makes sense they'd trade their youngest player for a guy who needs the ball in his hand as much as Kobe.

boiled down would you take Wilson Chandler or Lamar Odom...Nuggets don't have much of a choice here...

Fabbs
02-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Btw, even the Hoopsworld gossip column doesn't say that this is close to a done deal... it merely states that it's ONE possibility.

Horrible, horrible thread fail.
Could, should we dub KoolAidsGal "Zero Cred"?

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Could, should we dub KoolAidsGal "Zero Cred"?

if this trade goes down or even if it gets more traction...tattoo my name on both your ass checks...:lol You'll be my property...Branded Koolaid...

jjktkk
02-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Listen it's different...Wade and Lebron considered the next Kobe...Melo never was put into the Category...but MJ had Pippen...Kobe will finally get his Pippen as well...:lol

Melo is no Pippen. Kobe and Melo would clash, with Kobe getting on Melo for never passing and not playing D, and Melo telling Kobe your Robin now so, stfu old man. :lol

baseline bum
02-08-2011, 04:47 PM
LOL @ Denver wanting Caracter. Maybe if this was 2006 when he was a top high school prospect.

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Melo is no Pippen. Kobe and Melo would clash, with Kobe getting on Melo for never passing and not playing D, and Melo telling Kobe your Robin now so, stfu old man. :lol

you'd be better off just telling me how fucking pissed you'd be if this went down...right now you're sounding full of tard...

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-08-2011, 04:50 PM

Plus one is "pro" and one is "con" on the issue of snitchin'.

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Spurs fan sounds scared of Melo to LA lol

Muser
02-08-2011, 04:51 PM
lol believing a Hoopsworld article saying Denver want some scrub for Melo.

baseline bum
02-08-2011, 04:54 PM

Who the fuck wouldn't be scared of Kobe's ridiculous supporting cast adding a player like Anthony? Bynum or Odom for a guy who can close out games as efficiently as Carmelo?

jjktkk
02-08-2011, 04:55 PM

Honestly I'm not. I would love to see Kobe and Melo fighting for who gets the rock. I would think the Lakers chemistry would get stomped on if this deal goes down.

Mugen
02-08-2011, 04:56 PM

not as scared as we are of French Allah's imminent return, tbh.

Darthkiller
02-08-2011, 04:57 PM
this is cool, so the nba is gonna change the rule so that trade exceptions can be combined with other players now?

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-08-2011, 05:01 PM
not as scared as we are of French Allah's imminent return, tbh.

On that note, today was Roddys first full practice. When the Mavs return from this 3 game road trip expect to see him playing.

dbreiden83080
02-08-2011, 05:01 PM
you'd be better off just telling me how fucking pissed you'd be if this went down...right now you're sounding full of tard...

Denver wants draft picks and lots of them. That's why the Knicks haven't got it done yet.. Lakers would need to offer way more than just Bynum who can't even stay healthy.

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 05:03 PM
this is cool, so the nba is gonna change the rule so that trade exceptions can be combined with other players now?

it prolly won't happen but in the meantime:

4DsPrEcvIvI

baseline bum
02-08-2011, 05:03 PM

Caracter is already coming up on 23. He's the prototypical spoiled HS star who got ruined by his hype.

LnGrrrR
02-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Man, Koolaid acting like a straight up 4 yr old girl with her first dolly up in here.

Mugen
02-08-2011, 05:06 PM
On that note, today was Roddys first full practice. When the Mavs return from this 3 game road trip expect to see him playing.

good news for the mavs :toast

Trainwreck2100
02-08-2011, 05:08 PM
lol hoopsworld lol no draft picks lol not true

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Now I'm hearing Billups may be part of the deal...

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Knick fans are shitting bricks right now...The Knicks have shut down their main phone line...

Fabbs
02-08-2011, 05:13 PM
if this trade goes down or even if it gets more traction...tattoo my name on both your ass checks...:lol You'll be my property...Branded Koolaid...
If this "charade" comes down it will only further shove your noze up Kobmes sphincter.

Out chasin Hoopsworld. :lol

baseline bum
02-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Now I'm hearing Billups may be part of the deal...

So Mitch is including Ebanks too? Why not also throw in Blake so he can get Nene too?

Roger Freemason Jr.
02-08-2011, 05:19 PM
:lmao LOL at fisher being the best PG on that squad

Yeah seriously. The Lakers don't need to be worrying about a small forward right now, even if he is an all-star. You would think that the top priority would be the point guard position. You guys talk about Duncan being done, well if Duncan is done then what does that make Fisher, dead? Blake is a nobody you thought was a somebody, he's the equivalent to Chris Quinn who is our 3rd point guard. The Lakers' front-court is not to be tampered with, there just needs to be a point-guard who can bring the best out of the front-court, like Parker & Manu do.

Why don't you guys try and get John Wall? :P

Mugen
02-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Sources reporting that both Rocky the Mountain Lion and Kate Faber will be part of the deal with the Lakers sending back a 2018 2nd Rounder...

Mitch is a fuckin genius.

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 05:21 PM
So Mitch is including Ebanks too? Why not also throw in Blake so he can get Nene too?

we have Ratliff's expiring...Ebanks and Character are expendable in every conceivable way...here is what is being tossed about...

Odom + Character + Brown or Ebanks (whichever one they want) + Trade Exception or Filler

for

Melo + Billups...

Muser
02-08-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm hearing the Spurs are getting Blake Griffin for James Anderson and Chris Quinn.

LnGrrrR
02-08-2011, 05:22 PM
we have Ratliff's expiring...Ebanks and Character are expendable in every conceivable way...here is what is being tossed about...

Odom + Character + Brown or Ebanks (whichever one they want) + Trade Exception or Filler

for

Melo + Billups...

Let's say it again, all together.

You can't package a trade exception with more than one player.

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Sources reporting that both Rocky the Mountain Lion and Kate Faber will be part of the deal with the Lakers sending back a 2018 2nd Rounder...

Mitch is a fuckin genius.

Gasol for Kwame and filler...don't make jokes too soon son....:lol

Muser
02-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Gasol for Kwame and filler...don't make jokes too soon son....:lol

Except L.A doesn't have a huge expiring, nor the draft rights to Marc Gasol.

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Let's say it again, all together.

You can't package a trade exception with more than one player.

notice the / filler ....:lol the trade exception is not the catalyst for a deal...:lol it's meant to convey option as a symbolism....

BlackSwordsMan
02-08-2011, 05:27 PM
hey the spurs signed novak so I say bring him on.

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Except L.A doesn't have a huge expiring, nor the draft rights to Marc Gasol.

So you agree with me it was a fair deal...who would've thought Marc would have turned out to be so good...:lol

what we do have is a better deal and more options than the Knicks...:lol

Now deal with it...

KaiRMD1
02-08-2011, 05:28 PM
I don't get it, I thought the Lakers weren't panicking?

lefty
02-08-2011, 05:29 PM
They are coastin'

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 05:31 PM

It's called business 101...being an opportunist...the reason Spur fan don't have a rich tradition is because they wouldn't know a good deal if it slapped em in the fucking face....all you cats know is tanking...

Muser
02-08-2011, 05:32 PM
So you agree with me it was a fair deal...who would've thought Marc would have turned out to be so good...:lol

what we do have is a better deal and more options than the Knicks...:lol

Now neal with it...

It wasn't as lopsided as people make it out to, no.

fify, btw.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Chandler + Brewer + 1st rounder >>> Odom + Caracter.

Can't combine TEs anyway.

da_suns_fan
02-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Link at bottom...

www.hoopsworld.com

Didnt we all learn to stop posting shit from there years and years ago?

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Chandler + Brewer + 1st rounder >>> Odom + Caracter.

Can't combine TEs anyway.

and this is why the Spurs have to tank to get anywhere...you cats fucking retards if you think Chandler + Brewer + 1st rounder better than Odom + Character...

da_suns_fan
02-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Seriously though, how can anyone justify this bullshit. Yes, I will be massively butthurt if the Lakers get Melo.

They can HAVE Melo.

Melo isnt a big game player the way Odom is. Melo cant rebound like Odom can.

Im telling you, if Lakers make this trade they are DONE.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-08-2011, 05:46 PM
and this is why the Spurs have to tank to get anywhere...you cats fucking retards if you think Chandler + Brewer + 1st rounder better than Odom + Character...

For a team that would be rebuilding, I don't see why they would prefer the latter. And no, my personal opinion does not have an effect on the team's decision to tank.

Agloco
02-08-2011, 06:09 PM

mikeschy55
02-08-2011, 06:25 PM
hoopsworld :lol

WeNeedLength
02-08-2011, 06:32 PM
I pray this happens because the story would unfold just like the experiment in Denver a few years ago with Iverson teaming up with Carmelo. I'de love to see that ship sink...

Ace
02-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Didn't read the whole thread but lol Kool. He knows Lakers are not contenders but doesn't know a TE can not be package with players.

easy7
02-08-2011, 07:22 PM
I thought Melo did not want to go anywhere but NY. He has the power to veto that shit due to his contrat being up next year, unless LA just wants him this year.

rascal
02-08-2011, 07:24 PM
you might be right on that...but even so the Lakers can make it work...tbh Odom and Character is better than anything they've been offered thus far...they're getting 2 bigs out of the deal..

even I'd be forced to admit it wouldn't seem fair...but fuck it I will do that shit in a heart beat...and enjoy the fucking while I'm at it...:lmao

Odom is at the end of the line and Character is nothing special. Thats a steal if they keep Bynum.

rascal
02-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Honestly I'm not. I would love to see Kobe and Melo fighting for who gets the rock. I would think the Lakers chemistry would get stomped on if this deal goes down.

Homer fool. There is a long list in here.

DMC
02-08-2011, 07:28 PM
LOL it says Caracter right in the article posted by the OP and he titles the thread "Character".

2pac > Kobe
02-08-2011, 07:35 PM
I want this shit to go down so when KG and celts butt fuck the lakers it will feel so much better

DazedAndConfused
02-08-2011, 07:36 PM
You're a fucking fool if you don't think Melo coming to the Lakers wouldn't instantly propel them to a level that no team can match right now.

Sure you lose Odom, which sucks, but you DON'T lose Bynum which is key. Bynum+Gasol is really all the size that the Lakers need to compete in the NBA. You throw in a decent veteran bigman, like Ratliff who they already have, and you're all set to go. Add Barnes into the mix and you have one hell of a team to reckon with.

Who the fuck wants to see Kobe + Melo on the floor TOGETHER. Kobe can switch from having to be the do-everything guy to just focusing on a few things (i.e. distributing the ball, playing D, etc.) while Melo can do what Melo does best. Score like beast.

You're all fucking morons. Absolute brain-dead redneck hicks without a fucking clue. You all said Gasol to LA wasn't going to change anything, you were DEAD WRONG. If this happens, you will all be DEAD WRONG AGAIN.

m33p0
02-08-2011, 07:37 PM
rent-a-melo

Punchy
02-08-2011, 07:50 PM
You're a fucking fool if you don't think Melo coming to the Lakers wouldn't instantly propel them to a level that no team can match right now.

Sure you lose Odom, which sucks, but you DON'T lose Bynum which is key. Bynum+Gasol is really all the size that the Lakers need to compete in the NBA. You throw in a decent veteran bigman, like Ratliff who they already have, and you're all set to go. Add Barnes into the mix and you have one hell of a team to reckon with.

Who the fuck wants to see Kobe + Melo on the floor TOGETHER. Kobe can switch from having to be the do-everything guy to just focusing on a few things (i.e. distributing the ball, playing D, etc.) while Melo can do what Melo does best. Score like beast.

You're all fucking morons. Absolute brain-dead redneck hicks without a fucking clue. You all said Gasol to LA wasn't going to change anything, you were DEAD WRONG. If this happens, you will all be DEAD WRONG AGAIN.

Says the guy who believes a Hoopsworld's article.

KaiRMD1
02-08-2011, 07:59 PM
I didn't know it was a hoopsworld article. DAMN, I never fall for that sh*t figures this panicking moron would. Second round exit courtesy of the Mavs or Spurs. NEXT!

02-08-2011, 08:03 PM
lmao TE's can't be combined with other contracts in a trade. failed already there.

Killakobe81
02-08-2011, 09:32 PM
LOL the fear in this forum is palpable ...

LnGrrrR
02-08-2011, 09:33 PM
LOL the fear in this forum is palpable ...

:lol Fear at a trade that isn't possible.

Killakobe81
02-08-2011, 09:35 PM
:lol Fear at a trade that isn't possible.

Come on Lngrrr you are better than that I said FORUM ...not thread ...just chose to post in here ...

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-08-2011, 09:37 PM

I see you still haven't realized the proposed trade isn't possible. We all have those days, tbh.

Killakobe81
02-08-2011, 09:40 PM
And that INCLUDES the Lakers fans when I say fear ... I think we can still win when healthy against Spurs and Mavs Celts will be tougher ... and is a case for keeping Bynum. I would deal to me the talent diparity trumps the loss of size ...but a trade smacks of fear ...but the panic posts and threads of Spur & Celts fans are humorous ...

LnGrrrR
02-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Come on Lngrrr you are better than that I said FORUM ...not thread ...just chose to post in here ...

Sorry, I've had to deal with idiotic Laker statements all day. :)

DPG21920
02-08-2011, 09:43 PM
By that logic, Laker fans are the most scared fans on the board :lol. They literally start about 10 threads a day about how the Spurs are done and they don't matter.

Killakobe81
02-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Sorry, I've had to deal with idiotic Laker statements all day. :)

Well if it's any consolation I listened to 710 in Los angeles (on my drive home through my smartphone) ...even Laker fans are not unanimous on a potential deal (bynum for Melo). Some think the loss of size makes us vulnerable to the C's ...some dont even think we could beat the Spurs.

Other fans thinks it's a steal and the Lakers should not hesitate...even if they sacrifice a ring this year because it sets up for the future...
And others think Melo = championship.

Me? I'm torn. Melo is a much greater talent ...but Pau is no true center. Plus Bynum despite his injury woes has untapped potential. But because of those same injury woes I make this deal and find a big man after the lockout if need be ...

jjktkk
02-08-2011, 09:49 PM
La la land getting in panic mode.

Killakobe81
02-08-2011, 09:53 PM
By that logic, Laker fans are the most scared fans on the board :lol. They literally start about 10 threads a day about how the Spurs are done and they don't matter.

Not sure I agree most of the threads are by a small few. I have not made any ... my point is these rumors caused a lot of fuss even though it may hurt the Lakers from a size/chemistry standpoint ...again I make the deal.

DPG21920
:lol "+ trade exception". There is just a wealth of knowledge in the OP.

frodo
lakers got robbed if dat is true. odom is da hardcore trigga fo dis team and has been a pivot for many years. melo is definitely a better playa than odom fo sure but it remains a big question whether he can fit in well with da lakers squad. melo & kobe both demand da ball in offense, and you can't transform melo into another ron artest.

LnGrrrR
02-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Well if it's any consolation I listened to 710 in Los angeles (on my drive home through my smartphone) ...even Laker fans are not unanimous on a potential deal (bynum for Melo). Some think the loss of size makes us vulnerable to the C's ...some dont even think we could beat the Spurs.

That's my consensus. Odom might be great starting with Gasol, but someone off the bench will have to play. Boston will be starting Perkins/KG, with a backup rotation of Shaq/Big Baby. The Boston second string would seem to have a definite advantage over Lakers second string.

Other fans thinks it's a steal and the Lakers should not hesitate...even if they sacrifice a ring this year because it sets up for the future...

Tough call. Personally, I don't think you give up a chance at a ring now for continued success later. Especially when you have a chance at another 3 peat.

And others think Melo = championship.

Maybe so. Someone mentioned Kobe as a spot up shooter/floor spacer, and I do think he'd be good in that role. Not sure how willing he would be to take that though.

Me? I'm torn. Melo is a much greater talent ...but Pau is no true center. Plus Bynum despite his injury woes has untapped potential. But because of those same injury woes I make this deal and find a big man after the lockout if need be ...

You think you can win this year with Melo/Kobe? To me, you'd become Miami-lite. Two scorers with a soft center.

jjktkk
02-08-2011, 10:00 PM
You think you can win this year with Melo/Kobe? To me, you'd become Miami-lite. Two scorers with a soft center.

+1, but without the defense.

KaiRMD1
02-08-2011, 10:01 PM
If lakers get Melo, they lose defense and gain offense. That's good for the first couple of rounds but if you play against a team with some really good defense, that's it for you. Bad trade for the Lakers and it just makes them look like the Magic, trade for now because Melo still may not sign that extension.

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 10:05 PM
That's my consensus. Odom might be great starting with Gasol, but someone off the bench will have to play. Boston will be starting Perkins/KG, with a backup rotation of Shaq/Big Baby. The Boston second string would seem to have a definite advantage over Lakers second string.

Tough call. Personally, I don't think you give up a chance at a ring now for continued success later. Especially when you have a chance at another 3 peat.

Maybe so. Someone mentioned Kobe as a spot up shooter/floor spacer, and I do think he'd be good in that role. Not sure how willing he would be to take that though.

hey you illegal alien harborer...stop polluting my thread with your thoughts...ok....thanks.

LnGrrrR
02-08-2011, 10:07 PM
hey you illegal alien harborer...stop polluting my thread with your thoughts...ok....thanks.

Ratliff > Perkins :lol

Killakobe81
02-08-2011, 10:10 PM

Great post. I agree if healthy your bench is better ...but I dont think Davis is going to be the deciding factor. Plus much of that depth has been eroded by injury and MOST teams shorten bench rotations come playoff time anyway.
Keep in mind the Lakers would probably rotate Melo and kobe much the way the Heat rotate Wade and Lebron. Lakers could sub so they ALWAYS have a one each of Kobe/Melo paired with Pau/Odom ... Foul trouble would be the only reason to rely on Smith or Theo. And if needed as ringless vets Im sure they could give you 10 mins. In a game in tight pinch. If I were Mitch I would look at the team and decide how confident is he in the team to defend it's title? The Lakers won titles with solid but not HUGE contributions from Bynum. Can he pass on a player THAT talented because of Bynum's potential or simply because he doesnt want to break up the core? Tough decision.
IMHO what the Lakers are trying to do (4 straight finals closing with a 3peat)
Is one of the most hardest things to do. That is why up this point I have not pushed the panic button. But if we lose THursday regular season or not that would make me start to wonder if we have used up to much fuel in the previous Finals drive ... and maybe a deal (not of this magnitude) but a deal is necessary to get us over the hump.

My two cents or fifty ...

LakerHater
02-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Jus a smoke screen to raise the price to New York!

Killakobe81
02-08-2011, 10:13 PM
I would take Odom over any player on the Heat outside of their big 3 ...and though I would give the Heat 3 a slight edge over our 3 because of Lebron I would take Pau over Bosh ...our soft center is harder than their soft "power" forward ...

ElNono
02-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Don't know if it was mentioned before, but that trade is not possible...

Killakobe81
02-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Jus a smoke screen to raise the price to New York!

Probably, that is why I laugh atthe nervous posts and cries of Stern, collusion etc. LOL ...

Killakobe81
02-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Don't know if it was mentioned before, but that trade is not possible...

LOL that is why I did not address that rumor only the Bynum one ...

LnGrrrR
02-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Good points about Kobe and Melo being off the floor at different times, but do you trade Bynum away for someone who will dominate a second string?

Killakobe81
02-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Good points about Kobe and Melo being off the floor at different times, but do you trade Bynum away for someone who will dominate a second string?

If i am Phil probably not. But not for that reason Melo has tolearn triangle and his teammates in a few months...not ideal from a coach's perspective.

But as a GM or Owner you always maximize the talent, marketability etc AND of course ou want to win. Hard to argue a team of Pau,Odom,Melo,Kobe, Fish and Artest should NOT win ...

But its the NBA not 2K11 ...fit is important too ...

Koolaid_Man
02-08-2011, 10:23 PM

even though I feel you shouldn't be posting here but rather taking care of that bizarro kid of yours make sure you're here to deal with all the idiotic statements once we rang thrice...don't pull the ho move you pulled last June...you know tip toeing thru the tulips only to find Kool waiting to stand your ass up and hit you square in the fucking jaw......:lol

DPG21920
02-08-2011, 10:30 PM
even though I feel you shouldn't be posting here but rather taking care of that bizarro kid of yours make sure you're here to deal with all the idiotic statements once we rang thrice...don't pull the ho move you pulled last June...you know tip toeing thru the tulips only to find Kool waiting to stand your ass up and hit you square in the fucking jaw......:lol

+trade exception

buttsR4rebounding
02-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Kobe and Melo on the same team turns the triangle into a flat line...go for LA!

cobbler
02-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Kobe and Melo on the same team turns the triangle into a flat line...go for LA!

Actually, the triangle would support similar players better than most offensive systems. Nice try.

This would actually improve the Lakers offense. The delima is the defensive end and not having Drew as the backstop. Not sure if Pau could carry that load against the Celts.

Killakobe81
02-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Some of yall are dumb ... Pau Kobe and melo are perfict fits game/skill wise in the triangle because when Pau is hitting his jumper, they are interchangable in the "triple post" which is a staple of the triangle. IS there enough shots? not at the current pace the Lakers play but my guess is they would play more uptempo in that scenario ...

Again, Im not 100% sold onthe deal but I would still do it. To be great sometimes you have to gamble. GB drafted Rodgers a few seasons early to prepare for Favre's decline ...this is similar PLUS Lakers STILL have a chance to win THIS year ...even if it it is slightly less because you have to integrate Melo ...

z0sa
02-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Bynum can barely carry himself onto the court. He's easily the least reliable Laker in terms of health.

jjktkk
02-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Actually, the triangle would support similar players better than most offensive systems. Nice try.

This would actually improve the Lakers offense. The delima is the defensive end and not having Drew as the backstop. Not sure if Pau could carry that load against the Celts.

I'm going out on a limb and say he can't.

Venti Quattro
02-08-2011, 11:15 PM
Pau can't.

cobbler
02-08-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm going out on a limb and say he can't.

No doubt as proven in 08. He has got a little tougher though... but not nearly enough.

Actually, I like keeping Bynum should it end up Lakers/Celts. If Miami comes out of the east, and i doubt they will, the Melo linup will be fine.

Yorae
02-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Melo would really love to see Kobe hog the ball.....

DJ Mbenga
02-08-2011, 11:23 PM
son, what happened to the sources?

jjktkk
02-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Some of yall are dumb ... Pau Kobe and melo are perfict fits game/skill wise in the triangle because when Pau is hitting his jumper, they are interchangable in the "triple post" which is a staple of the triangle. IS there enough shots? not at the current pace the Lakers play but my guess is they would play more uptempo in that scenario ...
Again, Im not 100% sold onthe deal but I would still do it. To be great sometimes you have to gamble. GB drafted Rodgers a few seasons early to prepare for Favre's decline ...this is similar PLUS Lakers STILL have a chance to win THIS year ...even if it it is slightly less because you have to integrate Melo ...

Are the Lakers really equipped to run more?

Yorae
02-08-2011, 11:37 PM
son, what happened to the sources?

They got killed.

Killakobe81
02-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Are the Lakers really equipped to run more?

Im not saying they would be Suns like ... but the Lakers play late in to the shot clock a whole bunch but my guess they would score earlier inthe clock with allof that scoring talent ...

ChumpDumper
02-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Is it done yet?

Halberto
02-09-2011, 01:22 AM
lol "it's almost done"

wishful thinking?

DMC
02-09-2011, 10:37 AM
LOL@ the defending champs trying to stack the deck again. What's wrong, bone on bone not getting it done?

cheguevara
02-09-2011, 10:42 AM
:lmao

"almost done"

BlairForceDejuan
02-09-2011, 10:49 AM
If this happens, FUCK the NBA. All of these phaggot super friend big-market teams and their booooooolllllshiet.

"Oh no, we might go one year without winning a ring. We must bring in another top tier player to compete with the small market teams who can never lure big names in."

:depressed

Spur_Fanatic
02-09-2011, 10:52 AM
I'd love to see Melo in LA with that trade scenario. Why?

1) If the trade happens: It screws up the Lakers already screwed up rotations. It affects Gasol, that will have less touches; Lakers would lose Odom, who has been playing great this season; Lakers would still have Bynum, which would affect even more Gasol touches.

2) If it doesn't happen: It may force the Knicks to do something about it, and when the Knicks are pressured, they do stupid things. I don't want to trade a Lakers dominance for a Knicks dynasty, just when Kobe is starting to show he is a mortal being. I just don't like it.

But more importantly, it would keep Bynum's crystal knees in LA.

DMC
02-09-2011, 11:02 AM
I think Bynum and Oden join forces with Roy, to have the IRresistible trio of solid 1st week of the season players.

ohmwrecker
02-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Links to all relevant articles pertaining to a potential "deal":

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2011/02/caught-in-the-web-reaction-to-andrew-bynum-carmelo-anthony-trade-talk.html (http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-trade-20110209,0,3713794.story?page=1)

nevetslc
02-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Phil: "I told Derrick Caracter that if Denver gave us Carmelo Anthony straight up for you, then we would trade you," Jackson said smiling. "That's the only trade I want on this basketball club, if that's one that works out."http://twitter.com/#!/mcten (http://twitter.com/#%21/mcten)

:lol

damn gonna miss Phil when he retires.

Here's another gem after the memphis grizzlies game.

Full PJax quote on Zebo: "He’s actually about 6-11 but because God chose not to give him a neck he only measures about 6-9, 6-8 ½.” 4:40 PM Feb 7thhttp://twitter.com/mcten

dbestpro
02-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Why not send Bynum 13.8, Character .47, and Odom 8.2 for Anthony 17, and Billups 13.1 and really blow it up. Artest would have to move to the PF, but you get your PG and your SF.

LakerHater
02-09-2011, 06:01 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17341282 (http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17341282)

DPG21920
02-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Of course he'll sign it. If not, he'd risk losing a lot of guaranteed money, which is stupid. Melo doesn't have all the power here. With the CBA looming, Denver can play hardball.

I just find it silly that Denver would leave that offer on the table knowing he doesn't want to be there.

Cessation
02-09-2011, 06:09 PM
bynum + filler for melo would be great, Bean and Melo would both get pissed cause they can't have 30 shots a game anymore, and lakers center will be gasol, lol

cobbler
02-09-2011, 06:15 PM
bynum + filler for melo would be great, Bean and Melo would both get pissed cause they can't have 30 shots a game anymore, and lakers center will be gasol, lol

Which Gasol? The soft pussy gasol that gives the Lakers no chance against the tougher bigs of boston or MVPau that has been so dominant that Kobe is now a coattailer again? Which argument this time? :lol

Amazingly both Kobe and Melo have CAREER averages of 19.3 shots a game. A far cry from your exagerated 30.

Cessation
02-09-2011, 06:58 PM
If gasoft thought he wasn't getting enough shots with Bean around, wait until Melo joins, lol. This should be good.

cobbler
02-09-2011, 07:13 PM
If gasoft thought he wasn't getting enough shots with Bean around, wait until Melo joins, lol. This should be good.

Ohhhh so now the argument has changed? It's not that Melo and Kobe will get pissed that they wont get their "imaginary" 30 shots a game but that Pau will be pissed with them both. Uh ... ok

Cessation
02-09-2011, 07:22 PM
They'll all be mad, yes. Mid season trade + chemistry issues to begin with = even more fucked up chemistry. Which is good for GNSF, I'm just as excited about this trade as you, why you butthurt?

cobbler
02-09-2011, 07:27 PM
They'll all be mad, yes. Mid season trade + chemistry issues to begin with = even more fucked up chemistry. Which is good for GNSF, I'm just as excited about this trade as you, why you butthurt?

How exactly am I butthurt? I would prefer to not make the trade but I can see posibilities if it does go down. I was just asking which Gasol you are talking about because his value seems to change depending on the argument. Well, that and pointing out that your 30 shots a game was nothing more than BS.

Cessation
02-09-2011, 07:32 PM
You see the possibilities too. This trade would be great for everyone.

Banzai
02-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Anyone here who thinks this trade will actually happen is crazy. Carmelo will not be a Laker.

namlook
02-09-2011, 08:46 PM

Sing it..."THREEPEAT, FOURPEAT, FIVEPEAT" :lol

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

ChumpDumper
02-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Is it done yet?

LnGrrrR
02-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Is it done yet?

Nope, but it's ALMOST done.

Dunc n Dave
02-09-2011, 11:22 PM
How 'bout now? Is it done now?

Cessation
02-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Anyone here who thinks this trade will actually happen is crazy. Carmelo will not be a Laker.

Awww, thats too bad, I was really hoping it would happen.

lefty
02-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Kobe sharing the ball with Melo?

Sure

Banzai
02-09-2011, 11:54 PM
Awww, thats too bad, I was really hoping it would happen.

Lakers need to keep Bynum..sure he is injury prone..but Gasol at center? that's not going to be a good thing.

Spursfan092120
02-09-2011, 11:58 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6105886

Last week, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that the Knicks and Nuggets were discussing a trade that would involve the Wolves and land Anthony in the Big Apple. Then Tuesday, sources told Broussard that the Lakers and Nuggets had initial talks about a deal that would send Anthony to Los Angeles and Andrew Bynum (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2748) to Denver.
That trade scenario surprised Anthony.
"I've never heard of that. That was a new one," he said, according to the Denver Post. "It is what it is. Everyday is something different. I guess now is the Lakers."

Budkin
02-10-2011, 12:27 AM
None of this is happening, sorry.

Spur_Fanatic
02-10-2011, 09:32 AM
So... it's done already?

hater
02-18-2011, 01:08 PM
is this done yet?

Indazone
02-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Lakers with the rental for a shot at the title. Cause it's not happening now the way the Lakers are playin.

LnGrrrR
02-18-2011, 02:42 PM
I haven't been keeping up with the news... is this trade done already?

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2011, 02:48 PM
I haven't been keeping up with the news... is this trade done already?

yeh on every fakers 2k11 roster

thee stacked

cheguevara
02-18-2011, 02:55 PM
hey guys, any chance this has been completed yet? I heard it was 99.999999% done

jjktkk
02-18-2011, 02:59 PM
hey guys, any chance this has been completed yet? I heard it was 99.999999% done

Denver is now insisting that LA pick up the tab on Bynum's knee braces.

LnGrrrR
02-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Is this trade done yet? Kool, can you fill us in on what your sources are saying? kthxbai

Killakobe81
02-23-2011, 06:57 PM
LOL yall still milking this one?
Rather have Dwight, Dwill or paul TBH ...

Koolaid_Man
02-23-2011, 07:01 PM
LOL yall still milking this one?
Rather have Dwight, Dwill or paul TBH ...

they're having their reward in full now....come title time...they're gonna be naked on the coals with electric clips on their balls I promise you...:toast

mavsfan1000
02-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Lakers don't need a trade. They are nasty enough as it is with their lineup.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2011, 09:03 PM
I deem these grapes to be sour.