PDA

View Full Version : Rodrigue Bowbuall

FkLA
02-08-2011, 05:40 PM
all this melo to the lakers ish is irrelevant tbh, the real storyline today is that isiah thomas jr has officially started practicing...melo or no melo noone will be able to compete, 42-8 was fun while it lasted

bye bye nba :depressed

K7eNw1XKVDg

mikeschy55
02-08-2011, 05:57 PM
this guy is going to shit on the league and anyone who tries to guard him, it's going to be funny later in the season when the Spurs/Lakers have no answer for him

FkLA
02-08-2011, 06:00 PM
coincedence that the mavkrew invasion is being executed on the eve of french allah's return?

i think nott, armageddon is upon this forum and the nba :cry

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-08-2011, 06:01 PM
it's funny watching dumbasses try to talk shit

:lol

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Great to have him back, wish he could play on this trip.
Home game against the Kings looking like the day boys

FkLA
02-08-2011, 06:09 PM
dudes shot is perfect..makes that CHHHUUH sound every time

:tu:tu:tu

94 ft in 3.27 seconds too

over/under: 20 ppg ???

:lobt: Chasing the Dream 2011

mikeschy55
02-08-2011, 06:18 PM
looks like there's at least one spurs fan who isn't happy with his return...

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-08-2011, 06:20 PM
dude's ceiling is a better version of allen iverson..floor is a better version of prime JET. we'll see what happens, but we already know the dude has better shot selection and defense than both.

True, just hope he learns to play the pick and roll a bit better.
Scoring shouldn't be a problem for the Mavs now, just hope the D continues to play well

mikeschy55
02-08-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm actually hoping he could be a Monte Ellis type player for us..... A second option on a good team or a first option on a bad one with a good supporting cast. Iverson is a future HOF'er and a once in a generation type talent.......

FkLA
02-08-2011, 06:34 PM
looks like there's at least one spurs fan who isn't happy with his return...

why should i be happy

would u be happy if the spurs got wilt chamberlain jr ??

FkLA
02-08-2011, 06:36 PM
i'd take monte ellis this year over MOST years of iverson's career

god damn ur stupid

mikeschy55
02-08-2011, 06:39 PM
why should i be happy

If Roddy were getting ready to join the Spurs lineup I probably wouldn't have much to say on the subject unless I really gave a shit... that's all

NRHector
02-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Mavs better hide him before the Lakers try to take him away from the Mavs

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Never cared for AI, always put himself before the team and
his defense?????? :lol

mikeschy55
02-08-2011, 06:45 PM
iverson wasn't as great as some people make him to be

as far as career 43% shooters who didn't play a whole lot of defense go, he was pretty good
'

Allen Iverson had about 5 years I believe where he averaged 30 pts or over in his career. One of those years he averaged 33 pts, over 7 assists, on 45% shooting (Iverson was literally a one man team). He's one of the most potent offensive forces the NBA has ever seen. Roddy will never.... ever.... be an Allen Iverson. I think that should just be cleared away right now. I think we would be lucky if we turns out to be a Monte Ellis type player for us... if he can develop properly.

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-08-2011, 06:46 PM
why should i be happy

Be grateful that u have Tiago "Olajuwon Jabbar Ewing" Splittner.
You know since he dominated overseas

jjktkk
02-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Alot of hype for Roddy, comparing him to Iverson and Ellis. Guy is very talented, but he needs a few more skins on his wall be fore you can start comparing to AI and, to a lesser extent, Ellis.

mikeschy55
02-08-2011, 06:55 PM
of iverson's years where he scored 30+, he shot .420, .398, .424, .447, and .416

when i say "iverson with better shot selection" i mean a guy that only scores 22-26 ppg but chooses much better shots and hits at a higher rate, for example 45-48%

which to the other dumbass, is essentially "monte ellis this year"

Allen Iverson drew way more defensive attention than Monte Ellis ever will. AI was quite literally a one man team at the time and took the sixers to a finals appearance.... again, something Monte will never do. If Dirk were surrounded by AI's team of 2000, he would also have to be a volume shooter. He's much better than your giving him credit for.

AI was selfish, wasn't a team player, etc.... but it really can't be denied that he was a special talent in this league... HOF worthy. Roddy could be an all-star one day I think, but he's no HOF'er

FkLA
02-08-2011, 06:57 PM
look at the stats dipshit..there's virtually no difference, except ellis shoots a little better and is a little bigger. iverson was overrated as fuck

are you retarded?

even if we look at simply stats, iverson scored 30+ ppg five times in his career...over 26 ppg ten times. over 7 apg seven times. he did this in a pretty methodical slow paced philly team. ellis cant touch any of those seasons with his play this yr, despite playing in a fast paced team.

add the fact that iverson actually accomplished something with his selfish play and your argument becomes even more laughable, he had philly in the playoffs regularly and led them to the finals in 01'...wtf has ellis done for the warriors while putting up these numbers?

stick to regulating, your basketball takes suck

FkLA
02-08-2011, 07:06 PM
also look upp the quality of his teammates in those sixer teams, it wasnt like kobe having pau/bynum/odom down in the post now

he was selfish but he didnt have much of a choice then, his FG% had alot to do with the amount of attention he got from defenses

FkLA
02-08-2011, 07:30 PM
is this yrs ellis supposed to be unselfish and a solid defender? :lol

both of them were/are volume shooters that played little defense...but AI was significantly better at itt. he led his team to the finals and regular playoff appearances, what has ellis done ?

Ghazi
02-08-2011, 07:35 PM
restaaaaaaaaaacked

Ditty
02-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Rodrigue Beaubouis is the best player in the league cause he had 40 points against the warriors :cry:cry

Greg Oden
02-08-2011, 07:44 PM
for such a shitty player, spurfans sure think about Roddy alot.

badfish22
02-08-2011, 07:47 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao=:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

FkLA
02-08-2011, 07:50 PM
reading comprehension son, i wasn't comparing their careers

u were comparing this yrs ellis to most of AI's career...

again AI took his team to the finals once, and was in thee playoffs most yrs of his career...what has Ellis done this yr ?

FkLA
02-08-2011, 08:03 PM
wow u suck :lol

he singlehandedly handed shakobe their only loss

H273e0Gk0zQ&feature=related

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-08-2011, 08:13 PM
wow u suck :lol

he singlehandedly handed shakobe their only loss

H273e0Gk0zQ&feature=related

:lol One game sample

FkLA
02-08-2011, 08:30 PM
a one game sample, that noone other then AI's team can claim for that yrs playoffs

get back at me when Ellis beats arguably the most dominant duo in a Finals gamee this season

HarlemHeat37
02-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Iverson has definitely been overrated for most of his career, and he definitely had no business winning MVP over Shaq and Duncan in 2001, but I would definitely take him over guys like Monta Ellis..

It should be noted that the best scoring/efficiency seasons of Iverson's career happened in the first few post-handchecking rules years, which is what all perimeter players get to play through in today's NBA..

Axe Murderer
02-08-2011, 10:24 PM

AI's a little overrated but he was still >>>>>>>>>>>>> Ellis during his prime. AI was legitimately the best point guard in the league and arguably the best scorer during a small window of time.

jjktkk
02-08-2011, 10:28 PM

AI's a little overrated but he was still >>>>>>>>>>>>> Ellis during his prime. AI was legitimately the best point guard in the league and arguably the best scorer during a small window of time.

+1. Just curious as why your boy Tyson is working hard to overhype Roddy?

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-08-2011, 10:32 PM

No different then Spurs fans declaring Tigo Splittner the next dominant post man.........Atleast Roddy has shown what he can do in the Playoffs.

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-08-2011, 10:38 PM
and nobody's saying that, if you'd read

i'm saying that iverson was overrated as shit, and monte ellis in his BEST year is having an AVERAGE year for allen iverson if you actually take a look at the facts. iverson wasn't this hall of fame legend fags like that random spur fan try to make him to be, dude was overrated as fuck.

My nigga I hear what u sayin, you have made your point.

Axe Murderer
02-08-2011, 10:45 PM

Because when he actually played last season he had flashes where he just looked incredible. His stats don't say much because Carlisle rarely ever played him. Even though it was against the Warriors, a 40 point game is a 40 point game. That's hard to ignore.

The guy is explosive, and is a great shooter. He has a ton of potential.

DPG21920
02-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Because when he actually played last season he had flashes where he just looked incredible. His stats don't say much because Carlisle rarely ever played him. Even though it was against the Warriors, a 40 point game is a 40 point game. That's hard to ignore.

But when Blair was dropping 20/20 games (multiple) people scoffed the competition.

Axe Murderer
02-08-2011, 10:49 PM
But when Blair was dropping 20/20 games (multiple) people scoffed the competition.

It was mostly Spurfans:lmao

jjktkk
02-08-2011, 10:55 PM

+1. Roddy looks like a really good, young player, but I want to see how he comes back this year and how he progresses next year before I would label him a great player. He defintiely has the potential from the couple of times I've seen him play.

buttsR4rebounding
02-08-2011, 11:08 PM
dude's ceiling is a better version of allen iverson..floor is a better version of prime JET. we'll see what happens, but we already know the dude has better shot selection and defense than both.

First he has to get to an equal version of Gary Neal...

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-08-2011, 11:11 PM
First he has to get to an equal version of Gary Neal...

:lmao

Axe Murderer
02-09-2011, 12:03 AM
Like i said earlier, it's mostly SpurFans that scoff Blair, here's one example of many

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169223

I never even talk about Blair, i didn't even know he put up 20/20 until DPg mentioned it :lol

jjktkk
02-09-2011, 12:54 AM
Like i said earlier, it's mostly SpurFans that scoff Blair, here's one example of many

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169223

I never even talk about Blair, i didn't even know he put up 20/20 until DPg mentioned it :lol

Blair and Beaubois are actually a good comparison, as far as two, young players who have shown flashes of being really good. I would probably think Roddy has a higher ceiling though.

FkLA
02-09-2011, 03:02 AM
lol using ellis as your argument when he was never really part of the argument at all. iverson sucks dude

and nobody's saying that, if you'd read

i'm saying that iverson was overrated as shit, and monte ellis in his BEST year is having an AVERAGE year for allen iverson if you actually take a look at the facts. iverson wasn't this hall of fame legend fags like that random spur fan try to make him to be, dude was overrated as fuck.

why u backtracking for bro ??

u clearly said youd take this yrs monta ellis over MOST yrs of AI's career...and youve been trying to justify that by saying AI was a chucker that played no D, as if monta isnt both of those things as well execept a much less succesful one :lol

mikeschy55
02-09-2011, 09:09 AM
If Blair could consistently play power foward and expand his offensive skill set then he could potentially be a force in this league. I don't see it happening at center.

While having proven much less in the league, Roddy gets the hype because most every time he steps on the floor he does something incredible.... evidenced by the fact that while he only played in 56 games, he has like 50 something highlight reels on youtube. Even if you've just seen him play a couple of times, it's hard to ignore the talent and athletic ability..... unless your a spurs fan of course. He really does have star potential.

Rergarding Iverson.... Yea, he was inefficient and over-hyped to some extent, but again..... who else was on his team during those years? His BEST year (regarding efficiency) came in Denver when he actually had another scoring threat next to him in Melo & Co. It would almost be like putting him on todays NJ Nets and taking them to multiple playoff runs. You don't score 30+ ppg 5 times in your career.... or even win the MVP.... without being regarded as an amazing talent. End of story

hater
02-09-2011, 09:39 AM
can't wait to see Roddy 'akbar' Beaubois play. The mavs might become my 2nd favorite team.

I heard he is Thomas, Pistol Pete, John Wall and Mother Theresa all packaged up in a 6 foot dark chocolate frame. :toast

badfish22
02-09-2011, 04:14 PM
can't wait to see Roddy 'akbar' Beaubois play. The mavs might become my 2nd favorite team.

I heard he is Thomas, Pistol Pete, John Wall and Mother Theresa all packaged up in a 6 foot dark chocolate frame. :toast

Hopefully its not as disappointing as Hakeem Splitter's debut.

DPG21920
02-09-2011, 04:18 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:rollin:rollin:rollin:lol:lol

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Roddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-09-2011, 04:19 PM

It's a fluke though, my man is gonna DOMINATE the paint in due time

FkLA
02-09-2011, 04:42 PM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg610/scaled.php?tn=0&server=610&filename=7elbu.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

all he needs is playing time tbh

Lukor
02-14-2011, 07:24 PM
RouOHtIVvg0[/QUOTE]

sefant77
02-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Roddy is amazing because he is an athletic freak AND a deadly shooter. You dont have many players with that combination of skills.

You have many young athletic guys but most of them just cant really shoot well...either just years later or never.