PDA

View Full Version : ***OFFICIAL*** 2011 draft thread

Pages : [1] 2

Kyle Orton
02-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Post all that shit 2011 draft related in here. Who you want yo' team drafting, who you think is gonna be a bust, who you think should be the #1 overall pick, tbh, fwiw, imo, america/eatin' lunch, yeah I got calf tats, Ralphie from the Simpsons, last thing I ever say to you on this forum, etc.

Before I post my thoughts, lets get this over with:
lol fan of two teams
lol Derek Anderson
lol spygate cheaters
lol 14-2 divisional round loss
lol me liking Lawrence Maroney

Who I want the Cardinals to pick: Prince Amukamara
Who I want the Patriots to pick: Muhammad Wilkerson with the 17th pick, the best left tackle available with the 28th pick

symple19
02-10-2011, 06:49 AM
49ers need to go with Von Miller or Prince Amukamara. (Would prefer Peterson, but no way he slides to 7th)

I like defense in the top 10 because you get more value and the guy can usually step in and be a difference maker right off the bat.

Seen some mock drafts that have Cam Newton going to the Niners @ 7. While I think he has the potential to be a good NFL QB (the Jamarcus comparisons are laughable), I'm still burning from the dismal failure Alex Smith has been. Whether the Niners will go with a QB @ 7 (I'd still prefer Mallett or Locker, if they decide to go QB) or not depends on if they make a move for a veteran guy like McNabb or Orton. Will be a big day for the new dudes, Harbaugh and GM Trent Baalke

symple19
02-10-2011, 06:50 AM
@Aggie fan --- Tell me about Von Miller. Like what I've seen, but you guys will obviously know much better

JMarkJohns
02-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Cardinals 1st: best pass-rusher available
Cardinals 2nd: best option of CB or OL
Cardinals 3rd: whichever position wasn't drafted in 2nd
Cardinals 4th: Another pass-rusher

Kyle Orton
02-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Cardinals 1st: best pass-rusher available
Cardinals 2nd: best option of CB or OL
Cardinals 3rd: whichever position wasn't drafted in 2nd
Cardinals 4th: Another pass-rusher
I can't really criticize it since everyone else is on this boat, but just so we're clear, you know that if they don't draft Amukamara with the 1st pick, DRC is the #1 corner going into next season?

JMarkJohns
02-10-2011, 11:25 AM
I can't really criticize it since everyone else is on this boat, but just so we're clear, you know that if they don't draft Amukamara with the 1st pick, DRC is the #1 corner going into next season?

I do. I've always subscribed to the inside-out idea of success, and think the best way to help the SBs is to create a dominant pass-rush. Get to the QB, don't give him time to go deep, make him move his feet, step up, etc... and many of the issues can be worked through.

I'm not content with DRC as #1, but he's had more success as a #1 than any Arizona LBs has had as a dominant pass-rusher, so I'll address the most glaring with the best pick they've had in 5 years.

Zelophehad
03-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Todd McShay mock of the first two rounds from Wednesday:

The NFL combine has come and gone and the final piece of the pre-draft process, on-campus pro day workouts, are in full swing with top prospects across the country are making one last pitch to NFL teams and hoping to boost their draft stock.

The combine and all the other goings-on have shuffled my latest mock draft, which has a new name at No. 1 and a pair of quarterbacks in the top five. I also have an offensive tackle in the top 10 for the first time and plenty of good values in the first round.

Here's how I see things shaking out over the first two rounds at this point in the process.

Carolina Panthers
Record: 2-14 | Top needs: DT, QB, CB, OLB, DEMarcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
I would think long and hard about passing on Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert with this pick, but general manager Marty Hurney drafted Jimmy Clausen last year and signed Matt Moore in 2007 so there might not be as much support in Carolina for drafting a quarterback as there's rumored to be. Dareus, CB Patrick Peterson and OLB Von Miller are the cleanest of the elite prospects in the 2011 class and defensive tackle is Carolina's top need so Dareus appears to be the most logical choice with his size, quickness and versatility.

Denver Broncos
Record: 4-12 | Top needs: DT, LB, TE, DS, DEVon Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
The Broncos are transitioning to a four-man front under new head coach John Fox and defensive coordinator Dennis Allen, and upgrading the defensive front seven tops their priority list. Dareus should be the pick if he's available but he's not in this scenario. So, if it comes down to a choice between Peterson and Miller, I would choose the pass rusher (a greater need for Denver) with an identical grade. Miller can provide an immediate upgrade at SLB and he also would team up with a healthy Elvis Dumervil to help resurrect a pass rush that had a league-low 23 sacks in 2010.

Buffalo Bills
Record: 4-12 | Top needs: LOT, QB, DE (3-4), OLB (3-4), TEBlaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
The Bills' biggest need is at offensive tackle, where they have not drafted a player earlier than the fifth round since taking Mike Williams in the first in 2002, but there isn't a tackle prospect in this class worth the No. 3 pick. There are also needs along the defensive front seven but it will be tough to pass up the opportunity to significantly upgrade the quarterback position. Gabbert has a higher ceiling than current Bills QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, and with his football intelligence, accuracy, size, arm strength and mobility Gabbert has all the tools to become a very good starter in the NFL. There is a lot of talk about Buffalo taking Auburn QB Cam Newton here, but I believe strongly that Gabbert is not only the safer choice but the better quarterback.

Cincinnati Bengals
Record: 4-12 | Top needs: QB, WR, DT, OT, RBA.J. Green, WR, Georgia
Using a top-10 pick on a wide receiver isn't always a wise move but Green is a special player. Lots of wideouts are big and fast, but Green's route-running savvy, toughness, body control and ball skills separate him from most other receivers. The Bengals could also deal with the reality of the Carson Palmer situation and draft Newton in this scenario or upgrade at defensive tackle, but with Terrell Owens gone and Chad Ochocinco likely on his way out, Green becomes the best value here.

Arizona Cardinals
Record: 5-11 | Top needs: QB, OLB, OT/OG, TE, CBCam Newton, QB, Auburn
Gabbert would be the better choice if he's available. Miller would also be a consideration as a perfect fit at OLB in the Cardinals' 3-4 scheme. But Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt witnessed first hand the impact Ben Roethlisberger made in Pittsburgh and he knows what a quarterback of with Newton's size and mobility can do for an offense. If Arizona pulls the trigger on Newton expect its offense to be modeled after the system the Steelers have put in place for Big Ben.

Cleveland BrownsRecord: 5-11 | Top needs: DE, WR, DT, CB, OTDa'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
New defensive coordinator Dick Jauron is leading the transition to a 4-3 scheme and needs to find the proper personnel along the front seven, and finding a traditional 4-3 end is a top priority this offseason. Bowers is an ideal fit, with the power, quickness an instincts to be an every-down end in the NFL. He might fall this far only because of lingering concerns about recent surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee, but if the Browns can get Bowers they will certainly be happy.

San Francisco 49ersRecord: 6-10 | Top needs: QB, NT, CB, OLB, WR (tall)Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
The 49ers are looking for a quarterback to fit their West Coast system and would likely pass on Newton even if he were available, and in a dream scenario they would find a way to bring in Kevin Kolb from Philadelphia. That would allow San Francisco to fill a big need with one of the top three players on the board. Peterson's combination of size, athleticism and versatility are unmatched in this year's cornerback class.

Tennessee TitansRecord: 6-10 | Top needs: QB, DT, ILB, OG, CBNick Fairley, DT, Auburn
Fairley is one of the biggest boom-or-bust prospects in this year's class. On one hand he's the best interior pass rusher in the class, but on the other he takes a lot of plays off and there are plenty of questions about his football character. The more teams we talk to the more concern there are about how he has interviewed, and that's why he's falling in a lot of recent mock drafts. Fairley's quickness and athletic ability might be a worthwhile risk at this point, but given Tennessee's history with first-round picks like Vince Young and Adam "Pacman" Jones, it won't be surprising if they go with a safer pick.

Dallas CowboysRecord: 6-10 | Top needs: DE (3-4), OT, ILB, DS, OGTyron Smith, OT, USC
Three of the Cowboys' top four defensive ends from last year -- Marcus Spears, Stephen Bowen, Jason Hatcher -- played the 2010 season on one-year deals, so Dallas could very well look at Wisconsin's J.J. Watt here. However, it's better to be on the front end of a position wave than the back end, and this is the area where the run on the top four offensive tackles (at least four in the first round) could start. Smith has bulked up to 307 pounds after playing the college season at 285, and while he still has some developing to do he also has more upside than any other 2011 tackle prospect. He has the tools to step in at right tackle (where he played at USC) as a rookie and eventually move to the left side.

Washington RedskinsRecord: 6-10 | Top needs: QB, NT, WR, OLB, ROT/OGJulio Jones, WR, Alabama
Washington has a lot of glaring needs, and while taking a quarterback here would be a reach, don't be surprised if coach Mike Shanahan and his offensive-minded staff take a playmaker who fits exactly what their offense looks for in a receiver. Jones is strong and creates after the catch, and he's also a good blocker in the running game. Yes, he's coming off surgery for a fracture in his foot, but his impressive combine performance should ease concerns about about his raw talent and the Redskins won't take him this high unless their medical team gives the okay. If Washington elects to go with defense DE/OLB Robert Quinn would be an intriguing fit as a pass-rusher opposite Brian Orakpo in their 3-4 scheme.

Houston TexansRecord: 6-10 | Top needs: CB, FS, OLB, NT, SSRobert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
DC Prince Amukamara is a possibility here, but my gut tells me the Texans will opt against using a first-round pick on a cornerback for the second year in a row. Upgrading the pass rush is another way to improve the secondary, and Quinn would be a solid fit at ROLB in defensive coordinator Wade Phillips' 3-4 scheme. Quinn could provide serious heat opposite LOLB Connor Barwin to go along with an exceptional inside tandem of DeMeco Ryans and Brian Cushing.

Minnesota VikingsRecord:6-10 | Top needs: QB, FS, OT, DT, CAnthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
The Vikings are said to be interested in Washington QB Jake Locker and even worked Locker out recently, but he's a reach here, and if Minnesota is that enamored with him the better play would be to trade back and try to get him later while also gaining an extra draft pick. If the Vikings stay put, Castonzo is the best option. I like Nate Solder's upside more but Catonzo should be ready to contribute right away and play on either side. Bringing him in would allow Minnesota to move Bryant McKinnie to right tackle and slide Phil Loadholt inside to guard.

Detroit LionsRecord: 6-10 | Top needs: CB, WLB, SLB, OT, RBPrince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
This is a dream scenario that allows the Lions to fill their biggest need with a top-10 prospect. Amukamara isn't quite as big as Peterson and is just a notch below in terms of speed and fluidity, but Amukamara has good size and top-end speed and is the most instinctive corner in this class. He's a plug-and-play prospect who would offer an instant upgrade.

St. Louis RamsRecord: 7-9 | Top needs: WR OLB DT RB OGCorey Liuget, DT, Illinois
Jones is the Rams' dream pick here, but Liuget is the most underrated defensive tackle in this class and he makes the most sense as the next option. Liuget is quick, strong and has a relentless motor, and now is the time for the Rams to bring in a good young tackle with Fred Robbins on the back end of his career and Gary Gibson and Clifton Ryan both being free agents.

Miami DolphinsRecord: 7-9 | Top needs: RB, OG, QB, FS, ILBMark Ingram, RB, Alabama* The Dolphins need to upgrade their interior offensive line but there isn't a guard or center worth drafting this high. Pulling the trigger on a developmental project like Locker doesn't make sense here, either. Ingram had a knee injury early in 2010 but recovered nicely and got stronger as the season progressed, and he is the kind of NFL-ready back who could give Miami a huge boost in the running game, even as part of a rotation. The Dolphins could then look for a quarterback and interior offensive lineman in the next two rounds.
Jacksonville JaguarsRecord: 8-8 | Top needs: FS, OLB, WR, QB, DEAldon Smith, DE, Missouri
Smith is a developmental prospect with excellent pass rushing potential who could provide production on passing downs as a rookie while being groomed to become Aaron Kampman's replacement. Jacksonville clearly has more pressing needs in the defensive backfield and at linebacker (particularly WLB and MLB), but no prospect at any of those positions is worth taking with this pick.

New England Patriots (from Oakland)Record: 14-2 | Top needs: OLB, DE, OT, OG, RBJ.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin
If history is any indication the Patriots will make a move with at least one of their two first round picks, but for these purposes let's assume they stay home at Nos. 17 and 28 overall. The front seven is a clear need area and there's plenty of talent to choose from at this point. Watt has the size and skill set to be a very good fit at defensive end in Bill Belichick's version of the 3-4 defense, and putting Watt and a healthy Ty Warren around NT Vince Wilfork would quickly turn the defensive line from a weakness into a strength.

San Diego ChargersRecord: 9-7 | Top needs: DE (3-4), ILB, OLB (3-4), ROT, WRMuhammad Wilkerson, DE, Temple
The Chargers are also looking to beef up their three-man front and would be thrilled if Wilkerson was still on the board here. He's not as well-known as Watt but Wilkerson's game tape, particularly his performance against Penn State, show he has both the ability to take on blocks and anchor at the point of attack and also get off blocks and make plays in the backfield.

New York GiantsRecord: 10-6 | Top needs: LB, C/LOG, TE, RB, DTMike Pouncey, OG/C, Florida
The Giants don't have many big needs and taking Pouncey here would provide depth behind Shaun O'Hara, who made the Pro Bowl in 2009 but was nagged by injury all year and is on the downside of his career, and oft-injured LOG Rich Seubert. This might seem a little high for Pouncey but he is clearly the top interior offensive lineman in this class, and I've heard of at least three teams that are considering him in the top 20.

Tampa Bay BuccaneersRecord: 10-6 | Top needs: DE, MLB, CB, OLB, RBCameron Jordan, DE, California
Jordan spent most of his time at California playing the 5-technique in a 3-4, but the more tape I study the more convinced I become that he's a better fit at left end in a 4-3. Jordan is big and has adequate strength but he's at his best using his hands to get off blocks and pursue the ball. I don't see him being a double-digit sack guy at the next level but he would certainly upgrade a pass rush that finished 30th in the league last year with just 26 total sacks.

Kansas City ChiefsRecord: 10-6 | Top needs: NT, WR, ROT, ILB, OLBGabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
Kansas City needs a centerpiece nose tackle for its 3-4 scheme and another playmaker at wide receiver but neither is available here. The Chiefs could trade back and try to get a player like Baylor DT Phil Taylor, but staying put would allow them to get a big upgrade at right offensive tackle in Carimi. He is a very good run-blocker and would help solidify an offensive line led by solid LT Branden Albert.

Indianapolis ColtsRecord: 10-6 | Top needs: OT, OG, DT, CB, SSNate Solder, OT, Colorado
The offensive line is definitely the top priority for the Colts, who had big problems at the end of 2010 because of their inability to run the ball effectively. Indianapolis has missed on recent O-line picks like Tony Ugoh and Mike Pollak, but Solder is the best available prospect and has a lot of upside if he can be coached up in terms of consistency and technique.

Philadelphia EaglesRecord: 10-6 | Top needs: CB, OLB, ROG, OT, QBAkeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
Ayers didn't have a great combine and a lot of people are down on him, but when you study the tape he's always around the ball, shows great versatility and has the ability to get after the quarterback. The Eagles have a history of drafting hybrid DE/OLB prospects and plugging them in at linebacker, and Ayers would offer an upgrade on the outside over Moise Fokou, who started 11 games as a second-year player in 2010.

New Orleans SaintsRecord: 11-5 | Top needs: DE, OLB, SS, DT, RBAdrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams likes to blitz but was forced to bring pressure more than he wanted last season because of a struggling pass rush. DE Alex Brown is entering his ninth NFL season but is coming off his lowest sack and tackle totals since his rookie year, and finding pass-rush help is certainly the Saints' top priority. Clayborn is a powerful, effective pass-rusher who could fall this far because of the depth of the defensive end class and concerns about a nerve condition that could limit the range of motion in his right arm, but New Orleans would be more than happy to take him here.

Seattle SeahawksRecord: 7-9 | Top needs: OT, OG/C, QB, OLB, CBJake Locker, QB, Washington
Matt Hasselbeck is a free agent but will be back in the fold in Seattle, but he's also 35 years old and the Seahawks need a quarterback to develop behind him because current backup Charlie Whitehurst is clearly not the long-term answer. Locker would be in an ideal situation sitting behind Hasselbeck and Whitehurst in 2011, giving him time to work out his mechanics and get the practice reps he needs to become more accurate and consistent. He needs at least a full year of grooming before he is ready to face the pressure of game action.

Baltimore RavensRecord: 12-4 | Top needs: CB, WR, OT, DE, FSCameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
Addressing their cornerback need with a player like Jimmy Smith is an option but Smith comes with character baggage and isn't worth the risk here. Heyward comes with some risks, too, after undergoing Tommy John surgery on his left elbow after the college season, but he's expected to make a full recovery and all you have to do is watch the tape of his Sugar Bowl performance against Arkansas to see how much potential he has. And something tells me Ray Lewis would take Heyward under his wing and teach him a thing or two about being a pro.

Atlanta FalconsRecord: 13-3 | Top needs: DE (rush), OLB, TE, WR, ROT/OGJustin Houston, DE/OLB, Georgia
Purdue's Ryan Kerrigan is also an option here but Houston has the size (6-foot-2, 270 pounds) and pass-rush skills to be an effective right end in a 4-3 system. He would also find himself in a good situation playing behind and learning from Falcons DE John Abraham, who had 13 sacks in 2010 but will turn 33 during the offseason. Houston could help keep Abraham fresh while preparing to become his replacement.

New England PatriotsRecord: 14-2 | Top needs: OLB, DE, OT, OG, RBRyan Kerrigan, DE/OLB, Purdue
After getting Watt earlier in the first round the Patriots would love to see Kerrigan still on the board at this point. He's not athletic enough to play on the outside in every 3-4 scheme but the Patriots like bigger, stronger outside linebackers who can get after the quarterback and Kerrigan has the instincts and motor to thrive in New England's system. The Patriots need to upgrade their pass rush and Kerrigan can do that.

Chicago BearsRecord: 11-5 | Top needs: LOT, DT, WR, C, OLBDerek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
This is a tough spot for the Bears and I struggled with who to project here. Chicago won't find a solid answer when it comes to upgrading at left offensive tackle or 3-technique on defense, and Sherrod is a bit of a reach here but he is the best available tackle and does offer the versatility to move inside to guard if needed. I can see the Bears sensing problems at No. 29 and trading up in an effort to get Pouncey, or they could offer this pick to a team targeting a specific player and looking to trade back into the end of the first round. If they're stuck, though, needs could go out the window and Chicago could simply take the top player on its board.

New York JetsRecord: 11-5 | Top needs: OLB, NT, DE, WR, OT/OGPhil Taylor, NT, Baylor
Taylor is a former Penn State transfer with some character baggage but he has done some maturing in the past year, and you simply don't find many 330-pounders who can move the way he does. He would make sense as a potential replacement for Kris Jenkins, and getting Taylor here would be a nice fit. The Jets could also use a pass-rusher at outside linebacker, but nose tackles are just harder to find and passing on Taylor would be a very tough call.

Pittsburgh SteelersRecord: 12-4 | Top needs: OT/OG, CB, NT, WR, TEOrlando Franklin, OG, Miami (FL)
Cornerback is a possibility here but Smith might be too much of a character risk, and Aaron Williams of Texas might be better at safety. There are also other options among offensive linemen but Franklin has experience playing guard and tackle, he plays with a chip on his shoulder and employs the kind of physical style the Steelers look for in their offensive linemen.

Green Bay PackersRecord: 12-4 | Top needs: DE, OLB, OG, WR, RBBrooks Reed, DE/OLB, Arizona
Reed was somewhat undervalued coming into the 2001 season because of an ankle injury suffered in '09, but he was fully healthy last season and showed the quick feet, violent hands and relentlessness it takes to succeed as a 3-4 outside linebacker. We've had a second-round grade on Reed since August, and because some feel he is just a notch below current Packers OLB Clay Matthews in terms of overall skills it won't be a surprise if he sneaks into the back end of the first round.

Round 2
33. New England Patriots: RB Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech
34. Buffalo Bills: OT Benjamin Ijalana, Villanova
35. Cincinnati Bengals: DT Stephen Paea, Oregon State
36. Denver Broncos: DT Jurrell Casey, USC
37. Cleveland Browns: CB Jimmy Smith, Colorado
38. Arizona Cardinals: TE Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame
39. Tennessee Titans: QB Ryan Mallett, Arkansas
40. Dallas Cowboys: CB Aaron Williams, Texas
41. Washington Redskins: QB Christian Ponder, Florida State
42. Houston Texans: CB Brandon Harris, Miami (FL)
43. Minnesota Vikings: QB Andy Dalton, TCU
44. Detroit Lions: OG Danny Watkins, Baylor
45. San Francisco 49ers: DL Christian Ballard, Iowa
46. Denver Broncos: DS Rahim Moore, UCLA
47. St. Louis Rams: WR Randall Cobb, Kentucky
48. Oakland Raiders: CB Curtis Brown, Texas
49. Jacksonville Jaguars: WR Jonathan Baldwin, Pittsburgh
50. San Diego Chargers: OLB Martez Wilson, Illinois
51. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: OLB Bruce Carter, North Carolina
52. New York Giants: RB Mikel Leshoure, Illinois
53. Indianapolis Colts: OG/C Rodney Hudson, Florida State
54. Philadelphia Eagles: OG William Rackley, Lehigh
55. Kansas City Chiefs: WR Tandon Doss, Indiana
56. New Orleans Saints: DT Terrell McClain, South Florida
57. Seattle Seahawks: OG Clint Boling, Georgia
58. Baltimore Ravens: WR Torrey Smith, Maryland
59. Atlanta Falcons: TE Lance Kendricks, Wisconsin
60. New England Patriots: OT/OG Marcus Cannon, TCU
61. San Diego Chargers: ILB Quan Sturdivant, North Carolina
62. Chicago Bears: DT Marvin Austin, North Carolina
63. Pittsburgh Steelers: CB Ras-I Dowling, Virginia
64. Green Bay Packers: DE Allen Bailey, Miami (FL)

Kyle Orton
03-19-2011, 09:21 AM
If the Patriots take two honkies in the first round and a fuckin scrub running back with the 33rd pick, I'm gonna be really fuckin pissed.

symple19
03-19-2011, 09:24 AM
hey DOK, whaddya think about Cam possibly going to the Cards?

Kyle Orton
03-19-2011, 09:26 AM
It's not gonna happen I don't think. I don't see the Cards drafting a QB at all. Jizzenhunt is enamored with the scrub QBs he currently has.

Peterson would be maybe the best pick possible for San Fran IMO.

symple19
03-19-2011, 09:37 AM
It's not gonna happen I don't think. I don't see the Cards drafting a QB at all. Jizzenhunt is enamored with the scrub QBs he currently has.

Peterson would be maybe the best pick possible for San Fran IMO.

Agreed, Peterson is a pimp. I still don't think he'll fall to 7, but I really like the Niners going CB at that spot, with Amukamara as a second option

SF needs to continue to look for impact guys in the early rounds, and go QB later or via trade/FA.

McShay is on crack if he thinks Kolb is, "a dream scenario".

As for Cam, I kinda hope he falls to the mid-late first round and goes to a team where he won't be under a lot of pressure. He needs time to develop into an NFL, under center type QB. I'm thinking Seattle or Miami

symple19
03-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Kinda think the Cards will go OL.

Kyle Orton
03-19-2011, 10:34 AM
I still think THAT nigga David Carr should get the chance to earn the starting job in San Fran.

symple19
03-19-2011, 10:46 AM
I still think THAT nigga David Carr should get the chance to earn the starting job in San Fran.

He was beyond terrible the small amount of time he played last season. Not sure he's the answer, but I have no problem with him getting a shot

The maturation of the young Niner O-line will decide the success of next years QB, whomever that may be

Holden_Caulfield
03-20-2011, 06:04 AM
my team is the jaguars. yeah i know.

garrard is not the answer.

im not happy abou the MSW situation but he will command too much money.

i want them to draft JAKE LOCKER!! not at 16 but trade down a few spots from the first round and draft JAKE LOCKER!!!

Address the fuckin defense. i miss the suffucating defense we used to have. like the spurs used to have. lol

that is all for now.

Booharv
03-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Mallett will be the steal of this draft imho

Kyle Orton
03-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Oh and thank you for posting the mock, Zel. I'm too cheap to pay for insider.

vander
03-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Todd McShay mock of the first two rounds from Wednesday:

Chargers don't need DL, that's the deepest position on the team IMO.

NBA Champs
03-21-2011, 01:51 PM
As a Panther fan I hope we take Cam Newton.

jjktkk
03-21-2011, 02:59 PM
I would like the Boys to take Alabama's Dareus, or Auburn's Farley at #9. If those 2 r gone, Dallas needs to trade down into the bottom of the 1st round and go with the top OT available.

Dr. Gonzo
03-21-2011, 09:36 PM
The Texans are going to choose somebody that is going to either suck or be juiced up. Only once have they hit a home run and that's only because their "top" choice Charles Rogers was taken before Andre Johnson.

What a shitty fucking franchise.

Go Texans!!

LnGrrrR
03-21-2011, 09:51 PM
The Texans are going to choose somebody that is going to either suck or be juiced up. Only once have they hit a home run and that's only because their "top" choice Charles Rogers was taken before Andre Johnson.

What a shitty fucking franchise.

Go Texans!!

Poor Texans fans. I've always liked them as the scruffy underdog, since one of my best friends is a Cowboys fan.

Maybe they can make a decent decision this year.

Dr. Gonzo
03-21-2011, 09:57 PM
There will be no this year.

mojorizen7
03-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Wishful thinking list
1st) WR-Julio Jones
2nd) OG-Danny Watkins
3rd) OLB-Bruce Carter
4th) RB-Kendall Hunter

Reality list
1st) DE Aldon Smith or DT Corey Liuget or DE Ryan Kerrigan
2nd) WR Leonard Hankerson or OG/C Stefen Wisniewski

Isitjustme?
03-30-2011, 05:05 PM
There will be no this year.

?

There will be a draft even if there isn't a season.

Axe Murderer
03-30-2011, 10:09 PM
is it just me or is this year's draft the most boring in recent memory?

not really that bad imho

I think Patrick Peterson, Cam Newton, and AJ Green can be big time difference makers so I'm really curious to see where they go.

Andrew Luck not coming out kinda sucks but he was obviously gonna go #1 so there was gonna be no drama at all

Axe Murderer
03-31-2011, 11:15 PM
ok

Zelophehad
04-06-2011, 07:59 PM
New Mock from McShay today. A full three rounds this time:

The 2011 NFL draft is just a few weeks away and things are finally beginning to come into focus.

All of our game-tape evaluations are in the books. From this point on the only minor shakeups to our draft board will be directly linked to information from NFL teams regarding player red flags such as durability and character concerns.

Plus, because the lockout is preventing NFL players from moving, free agency isn't changing team needs like it usually does.

I've expanded my latest projection to cover the first three rounds and here's how I see things playing out.

Carolina PanthersRecord: 2-14* Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
Newton is not the No. 1 player on my board -- that would be Alabama DT Marcell Dareus -- and defensive tackle is as much of a need as quarterback, but I'm hearing a lot of buzz from people in the league that Carolina is leaning toward a quarterback. I'm also hearing the Panthers favor Newton over Missouri's Blaine Gabbert, and where there's smoke there's often fire. It's not that Gabbert's stock is falling, it's just that Carolina apparently likes Newton's incredible physical tools and immense upside.

Denver BroncosRecord: 4-12* Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
The Broncos are in desperate need of a true impact defensive tackle to anchor new coach John Fox's 4-3 defense and will be holding their breath until Carolina picks. Denver will be thrilled if Dareus falls here because he fits the mold of an every-down difference-maker and also carries minimal baggage.

Buffalo BillsRecord: 4-12Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M
The Bills' most significant need is at left offensive tackle but there is not one on the board worth this pick and, although Gabbert would eventually provide a major upgrade at quarterback, Miller would be an immediate boost for a 3-4 defense that is in dire need of pass rushers. Former first-round pick Aaron Maybin has not realized his enormous potential and Miller is a plug-and-play impact rusher who could help fill the void by quickly becoming a double-digit sack man.

Cincinnati BengalsRecord: 4-12* A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
I'd sure like to be a fly on the wall in Cincinnati's draft room this year. It is clear as day that QB Carson Palmer has no intention of ever wearing a Bengals uniform again, but the team is standing firm to this point on Palmer as its starter, at least in the short term. Gabbert would make sense as a backup plan but I don't get the feeling the team is going to let Palmer off the hook that easily. Green is a higher-rated prospect anyway and has the physical tools to help the team move on after the departures of Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens. Green's size, athleticism and ball skills will make him the next big NFL star at wide receiver.

Arizona CardinalsRecord: 5-11* Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
With Miller off the board, Gabbert is a no-brainer here. The Cardinals might have a trying season in 2011 with a rookie quarterback at the helm but the team cannot believe that Max Hall or John Skelton is the long-term answer at the position. Gabbert might not be the first quarterback off the board but I believe his combination of intangibles, mental makeup and accuracy will make him the best quarterback from the 2011 class when all is said and done.

Cleveland BrownsRecord: 5-11Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
It appeared at one point that Clemson DE Da'Quan Bowers would be a steal here but concerns about Bowers' injured knee continue to increase. Quinn, meanwhile, is coming off a strong pro day workout, and while he's not as stout against the run he offers significantly more upside than Bowers as a pass rusher. Adding an impact right defensive end like Quinn would be a great start for the Browns as they transition to a 4-3 defense.

San Francisco 49ersRecord: 6-10* Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
Yes, the 49ers need a quarterback, but they would still hit the jackpot with Peterson. You'd be hard-pressed to find an NFL general manager who doesn't have Peterson as one of the top five overall players on the board, and for many teams he's in the discussion as the No. 1 overall prospect. San Francisco simply can't pass on the opportunity to fill a need with a player like Peterson. And new coach Jim Harbaugh likely has enough confidence in his ability to develop quarterbacks that he feels he can wait until the second round (or trade up into the end of the first) to get someone like Christian Ponder or Andy Dalton.

Tennessee TitansRecord: 6-10* Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
The Titans picked offensive skill players in the first round in 2008 and 2009 (RB Chris Johnson, WR Kenny Britt), but this year could mark a second straight defensive lineman in the first round after Tennessee took DE Derrick Morgan in 2010. Fairley is the most naturally gifted interior pass rusher in this draft and has a lot of upside, but the Titans need to decide if they are willing to take a chance on a player who could be a perennial Pro Bowler or turn into the next big DT bust thanks to questionable work ethic and football character.

Dallas CowboysRecord: 6-10* Tyron Smith, OT, USC
This is not a splash pick but the Cowboys have a big need at offensive tackle and this is the area where the run on the top OTs will likely begin. And it's always better to be on the front end of a run than chasing it from behind. Dallas needs to protect QB Tony Romo and it appears current RT Marc Colombo is on his last leg, making Smith a good fit. He has the ability to play on either side and Smith's upside is greater than any other tackle in this draft.

Washington RedskinsRecord: 6-10Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
Jones is worth the pick despite recent surgery to repair a fracture in his foot, and in addition to his pass catching ability he is a perfect fit in an offensive system that requires its receivers to play big roles as blockers in the running game. The Redskins also need major help along the defensive front seven and could trade back in order to get more picks with which to address that need, but if they stay put here Jones makes the most sense.

Houston TexansRecord: 6-10Muhammad Wilkerson, DE, Temple
With Miller and Quinn gone there is no outside linebacker on the board who can address the Texans' need for a pass rusher, and while California's Cameron Jordan or Wisconsin's J.J. Watt could also be the pick I believe Wilkerson has more upside than any other 3-4 end in this draft. Houston also has a need at cornerback, but new defensive coordinator Wade Phillips believes that if he has a solid front seven he can live with an average secondary.

Minnesota VikingsRecord:6-10Cameron Jordan, DE, California
Minnesota's biggest need is at quarterback but any of the remaining QBs on the board would be a reach here. Offensive tackle is another need area and Boston College's Anthony Castonzo or Colorado's Nate Solder are possibilities, but with DE Ray Edwards set to hit free agency Jordan provides better value than an offensive tackle. Bowers will be in play if his knee checks out but Jordan is a good option given his size, quickness, power and versatility.

Detroit LionsRecord: 6-10Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
This is the dream scenario for Detroit. With Peterson falling to the 49ers the door is open for Amukamara to slide to the Lions, who could address their biggest need with one of the top eight players on my board. Put Amukamara and his size, speed and instincts opposite Lions CB Chris Houston and Detroit suddenly has one of the better young cornerback tandems in the league.

St. Louis RamsRecord: 7-9Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
Rams fans are surely crossing their fingers that Jones will fall to this point but that seems unlikely, and there is no outside linebacker on the board who can fill the Rams' second-biggest need. Several players could offer value here but Liuget would fill the biggest need. He is on the short side but is quick, stout and powerful, and his motor never stops running. And if there's anything we've learned about Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo it's that he can never have enough quality defensive linemen.

Miami DolphinsRecord: 7-9Mike Pouncey, C/G, Florida
At first glance this might seem a bit high for an interior offensive lineman, especially with so much talk about Alabama RB Mark Ingram landing in Miami and filling the Dolphins' top need, but NFL running backs have a short shelf life to begin with and Ingram comes to the league one year removed from a knee injury that limited his playing time in 2010. Rather than reaching for a quarterback to fill their No. 2 need, the Dolphins would be best-served to draft the best available offensive lineman in Pouncey, who has the tools and attitude to do for Miami's interior offensive line what his twin brother, Maurkice, did for the Steelers in 2010.

Jacksonville JaguarsRecord: 8-8Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
The Jaguars have bigger needs but defensive end offers the most value here. I would be tempted to take a shot on Bowers or the upside offered by Missouri's Aldon Smith here, but Jags GM Gene Smith has proved he will take the player with the higher floor rather than the higher ceiling. Kerrigan has some limitations but Jacksonville knows exactly what it would be getting, which is a player with the overall skill set to immediately push for a starting job opposite Jaguars DE Aaron Kampman.

New England Patriots (from Oakland)Record: 14-2J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin
Watt is best-suited for the kind of three-man front New England runs, which can utilize him primarily as a 5-technique but is also flexible enough to move him around and take advantage of his ability to do some things in space. The Patriots are always a trade possibility but because they already have six picks in the first three rounds it makes sense to address their needs along the front seven at this point.

San Diego ChargersRecord: 9-7Aldon Smith, DE/OLB, Missouri
Some teams likely view Smith as a right end in a 4-3 scheme but I think he has the potential to transition to outside linebacker in a 3-4. The Chargers have gotten only three career sacks from 2009 first-round pick Larry English and need a 3-4 pass rusher who can take some pressure off OLB Shaun Phillips. While Smith still has some developing to do, he can pressure the quarterback in tight spaces, which is important for a 3-4 OLB.

New York GiantsRecord: 10-6Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
The ideal scenario for the Giants is Pouncey falling to them, and trading back is also a possibility if the right player is not available. Their biggest need is for a difference maker at linebacker and Ingram could also be in play, but with no impact linebacker available the best offensive lineman on the board would be the best option. Castonzo could play inside at guard as a rookie and then kick out to tackle, or the Giants could plug him in at tackle immediately and shuffle their existing personnel. Either way, Castonzo has the ability to be a quality starter for the next decade and the Giants would do well to start addressing the future of their offensive line.

Tampa Bay BuccaneersRecord: 10-6Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
The results of Bowers' re-check with NFL combine doctors and medical checks from team doctors during visits are still to come, but based strictly on his football skills Bowers is a top-10 talent. He's not truly elite because he is not an exceptional pass rusher but he brings everything else to the table and at this point is worth the risk. Tampa Bay has a huge need at end and this is a good spot to take a risk. If Bowers pans out alongside 2010 picks Gerald McCoy and Brian Price, the Bucs would have a revitalized defensive line to build around.

Kansas City ChiefsRecord: 10-6Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
Kansas City needs a nose tackle and a wide receiver but this is early for any of the true NTs on the board and there will be plenty of wideouts available in later rounds who can take advantage of the attention defenses pay to Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe. Chiefs GM Scott Pioli has a history of drafting NFL-ready players with little or no baggage and, while Solder has more upside, Carimi would step in to provide an immediate upgrade and be a solid starter for years to come.

Indianapolis ColtsRecord: 10-6Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
This one is a no-brainer. The Colts' offensive line has struggled mightily over the last couple of seasons and Indianapolis must upgrade there. Not only do the Colts need to protect the face of their franchise in QB Peyton Manning, they also need to address a running game that ranked 29th in the NFL last season. Solder is a good fit for an offense that emphasizes quickness and athleticism over brute strength.

Philadelphia EaglesRecord: 10-6Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
I struggled with this pick more than any other in the first round, having a hard time finding a player who fits Philadelphia's needs and was worthy of the pick. In the end, guard and tackle are priorities and Sherrod has the versatility to contribute at both positions. He's not explosive or dominant and is a bit of a reach here, but Sherrod consistently gets into position and rarely makes mistakes, and recent off-field issues for current OT Jason Peters could increase the urgency to address the offensive line. The Eagles could also consider the top available cornerbacks here, but all come with questions.

New Orleans SaintsRecord: 11-5Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
There are some red flags surrounding Clayborn because he suffers from Erb's palsy, a condition stemming from difficult childbirth that affects the strength and range of motion in his right arm. However, he has top-20 talent and could provide pass-rush help right away at right end. Clayborn would help take some pressure off defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, who was forced to blitz more than he would like last season, and a secondary that was asked to do too much in 2010. How bad was the New Orleans pass rush last season? There were seven games in which the Saints recorded one or no sacks.

Seattle SeahawksRecord: 7-9Jake Locker, QB, Washington
Locker is worth a late-first round pick in my opinion but there are some questions about whether he is a fit in Seattle's West Coast offense, which requires accurate throws and quick decisions in the pocket. However, new offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell comes in from Minnesota and brings a scheme that showed a lot of variety in recent seasons depending on the quarterback and also used the running game to set up play-action/bootleg packages. Bevell is capable of tweaking his offense to get Locker working on the run outside the pocket, where he is at his best. The ideal situation would be to bring free agent Matt Hasselbeck back on a short-term deal to help mentor Locker and give him time to develop.

Baltimore RavensRecord: 12-4Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
With no worthy offensive tackle to fill a need and wide receivers available later who can address holes at that position, this pick comes down to a defensive end like Ohio State's Cameron Heyward or a cornerback like Harris. Heyward comes with some medical concerns after offseason Tommy John surgery on his elbow and the risk might be too great after last year's first-round end, Sergio Kindle, did not play in 2010 because of injury. Colorado CB Jimmy Smith is more talented than Harris but comes with a lot of character flags, and while Harris needs some work he has the speed and athleticism to contribute as a sub-package corner early on and eventually become a starter.

Atlanta FalconsRecord: 13-3Brooks Reed, DE, Arizona
The Falcons are in the market for a pass rusher who can keep DE John Abraham fresh and be groomed as Abraham's eventual replacement, and while Reed's ideal fit is at 3-4 outside linebacker he has good size (6-foot-3, 263 pounds) and is a similar player to the Eagles' Brandon Graham, who the Falcons had interest in last year. Also, history tells us Atlanta prefers to draft seniors and Reed is an experienced player coming off a productive senior season.

New England PatriotsRecord: 14-2Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
I don't think the Patriots are eager to draft a running back in the first round but it is a position of need and if the only back with a first-round grade falls to them I expect Bill Belichick to cash in.

Chicago BearsRecord: 11-5Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina
Austin carries a second-round grade and would be a reach here, but there is a big dropoff in this class in the mid-20s and at this point the Bears could take any of about 15-20 players and not see a big difference in talent level. That offsets some of the reach, and the Bears are also desperate for an impact 3-technique tackle who can anchor the front in their Tampa 2 system. Austin is the only tackle on the board with the potential to do that, and if the Bears do their homework and are comfortable they have answered any character questions and can keep Austin focused, this could be an interesting surprise pick.

New York JetsRecord: 11-5Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor
The Jets' search for a 3-4 nose tackle could follow the same logic as Chicago's for a 3-technique. Taylor is thick and can anchor against the run and he moves well for a big guy, but he also comes with some character baggage and his motor runs hot and cold. He would end up with a very good defensive coaching staff in New York, though, and the Jets have a need to groom the next centerpiece for their front seven. It's either Taylor with this pick or taking a chance on someone like Hampton's Kenrick Ellis in the third round.

Pittsburgh SteelersRecord: 12-4Danny Watkins, G, Baylor
What do you think the Las Vegas odds would have been at the start of the 2010 season that Baylor would have back-to-back picks in the first round? In all seriousness, Watkins is solid in pass protection and as a run blocker and brings a nasty disposition to the table. He would be a nice fit next to 2010 first-rounder and Pro Bowler Maurkice Pouncey. The Steelers could also opt for a cornerback like Williams or Harris, but the interior offensive line is Pittsburgh's top need.

Green Bay PackersRecord: 10-6Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
The defending Super Bowl champions have a very good nose tackle in B.J. Raji but injuries, free agency and off-field issues have created all kinds of questions at defensive end. If Heyward checks out medically he would be a steal here with his strength, motor and versatility.

Round 2
Pick Team Player Position School
33. New England (from Car.) Clint Boling OG Georgia
34. Buffalo Christian Ponder QB Florida State
35. Cincinnati Andy Dalton QB TCU
36. Denver Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame
37. Cleveland Stephen Paea DT Oregon State
38. Arizona Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA
39. Tennessee Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas
40. Dallas Aaron Williams DB Texas
41. Washington Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada
42. Houston Justin Houston OLB Georgia
43. Minnesota Marcus Cannon OT TCU
44. Detroit Bruce Carter LB North Carolina
45. San Francisco Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois
46. Denver (from Miami) Rahim Moore S UCLA
47. St. Louis Randall Cobb WR Kentucky
48. Oakland Jimmy Smith CB Colorado
49. Jacksonville Mason Foster LB Washington
50. San Diego Allen Bailey DE Miami (FL)
51. Tampa Bay Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia
52. New York Giants Ryan Williams RB Virginia Tech
53. Indianapolis Christian Ballard DL Iowa
54. Philadelphia Martez Wilson LB Illinois
55. Kansas City Kelvin Sheppard ILB LSU
56. New Orleans Jurrell Casey DT USC
57. Seattle Orlando Franklin G Miami (FL)
58. Baltimore Torrey Smith WR Maryland
59. Atlanta Titus Young WR Boise State
60. New England James Carpenter OT Alabama
61. San Diego (from NY Jets) Jonathan Baldwin WR Pittsburgh
62. Chicago Benjamin Ijalana OT Villanova
63. Pittsburgh Johnny Patrick CB Louisville
64. Green Bay William Rackley G Lehigh

Round 3
65. Carolina Jarvis Jenkins DT Clemson
66. Cincinnati Kendall Hunter RB Oklahoma State
67. Denver Quan Sturdivant LB North Carolina
68. Buffalo Lance Kendricks TE Wisconsin
69. Arizona Marcus Gilbert OT Florida
70. Cleveland Leonard Hankerson WR Miami (FL)
71. Dallas Brandon Hogan CB West Virginia
72. New Orleans (from Wash) Rodney Hudson G/C Florida State
73. Houston Jaiquawn Jarrett S Temple
74. New England (from Minn.) Jabaal Sheard DE Pittsburgh
75. Detroit Daniel Thomas RB Kansas State
76. San Francisco Kenrick Ellis NT Hampton
77. Tennessee Curtis Brown CB Texas
78. St. Louis Johnny White RB North Carolina
79. Miami Dion Lewis RB Pittsburgh
80. Jacksonville Greg Little WR North Carolina
81. Oakland Virgil Green TE Nevada
82. San Diego Lee Ziemba OT Auburn
83. New York Giants Terrell McClain DT South Florida
84. Tampa Bay Shane Vereen RB California
85. Philadelphia Joshua Thomas CB Buffalo
86. Kansas City Tandon Doss WR Indiana
87. Indianapolis John Moffitt G Wisconsin
88. New Orleans Joseph Lefeged S Rutgers
89. San Diego (from Seattle) Colin McCarthy LB Miami (FL)
90. Baltimore James Brewer OT Indiana
91. Atlanta Kendric Burney CB North Carolina
92. New England Marcus Gilchrist DB Clemson
93. Chicago Gregory Salas Hawaii
94. New York Jets Jerrel Jernigan WR Troy
95. Pittsburgh Luke Stocker TE Tennessee
96. Green Bay Christopher Carter OLB Fresno State
97. Carolina (compensatory) Edmund Gates WR Abilene Christian

Zelophehad
04-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Same thing from Kiper:

There's no way around it -- the 2011 NFL draft is one of the more unpredictable we've ever seen. Sure, it started with a likely No. 1 pick deciding to stay in school, but there are other things that have compounded the issue. With the labor agreement nowhere in site, the question of how draft picks will be compensated -- which obviously plays into the trade value of the picks -- is still clouding the proceedings. There is also just a vast array of needs among teams drafting high, and rising and falling stocks among players we presume will be drafted high. It's all causing a lot of confusion.

The tape is always just one side to the story. As GMs, scouts and team personnel form their draft boards, I hear a wide range of opinions around the league. The questions are endless. But that doesn't mean we can't make a deep dive into the early rounds. Here is the first shot at a three-round mock draft. As always, an asterisk denotes non-seniors.

Carolina PanthersRecord: 2-14* Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
There are immediate needs, and there is a decision that you believe will change the direction of your franchise for years to come. While I don't believe Carolina is locked onto this pick -- if you're heard me at all lately, you'll know I see this is one of the more unpredictable top 10's I can ever remember -- if they really see Newton as the transformative player that can be both a Pro Bowl quarterback and face of the franchise who draws a lot of buzz, they can make this pick. If talent alone was all they were concerned with, Newton would be an easy choice. But this pick also requires a belief in his development and maturity. Certainly, however, Newton's potential is significant.

Denver BroncosRecord: 4-12* Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
There are several guys Denver could take here to bolster their defense, but Dareus makes a lot of sense. A scheme-versatile player who can be a disruptive, penetrating force as an interior lineman, or a fantastic pass-rusher as a defensive end in a 3-4 scheme, Dareus is a safe pick. He doesn't have remarkable quickness, but his agility and versatility at a full 319 pounds is the stuff of an elite lineman. Denver could also consider a corner or linebacker here, but Dareus fills a significant, immediate need.

Buffalo BillsRecord: 4-12Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M
Few have seen their stock rise as much as Miller has since the season wrapped up. The pass-rush skills were there, as was a developed ability to drop and make reads. The tape shows a guy who can do anything on the football field, and do it explosively. Miller offers immediate help at one of the top two positions of need for the Bills. They simply can't get enough value here in drafting an offensive lineman, and Miller will impact games next year more than any rookie in the draft if you asked me today.

Cincinnati BengalsRecord: 4-12* A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
Cincinnati is still dealing with a headache at the quarterback situation, but whether their answer is to trade Carson Palmer away, woo him back, or perhaps try to import the likes of Kevin Kolb, Matt Hasselbeck, Donovan McNabb or someone else, they'll need to help whoever will be throwing the ball in 2011 and beyond. By drafting the best pure pass-catching talent in the draft, they can accomplish that. Green is an immediate starter and the rare big-time, physical, fast receiver who has the route-running skills and understanding to match his skill-set.

Arizona CardinalsRecord: 5-11* Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
I could also see Arizona getting creative and looking for a veteran arm such as Kolb, but Gabbert is the quarterback in the draft most likely to help a team soonest, and if he's available here, it might be tough for Arizona to pass on him. He offers elite size, accuracy, athleticism and the smarts to pick things up quickly at the NFL level. This is a pick I could see going in several directions, but if Arizona isn't confident they can get a suitable veteran fix in at quarterback, Gabbert is a good choice.

Cleveland BrownsRecord: 5-11* Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
There are a lot of Browns fans probably hoping that Green falls to this spot, but if Jones is the one available, he's an outstanding consolation prize. His size and speed combination is the best in the draft at the position, and his development as a wideout over the past year shows a determination and work ethic that will be loved by the coaching staff. The Browns need a true No. 1 at wide receiver, and if healthy, Jones can be that guy. A gifted athlete, he blocks as hard as he runs routes. Great when healthy, still really good when battling through pain.

San Francisco 49ersRecord: 6-10* Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
I picked Peterson to fall to this point in my previous mock draft, and I still do. And consider the history of top athletes falling: In 1987, I had Rod Woodson rated similarly, and he fell to No. 10 overall. In 1989, Deion Sanders was far and away the best athlete on the board, yet he fell to No. 5. I had Champ Bailey as the best athlete and the top corner available in the 1999 draft, yet he fell to No. 7. In Peterson, you get safety size, the best overall athlete in the draft, a dangerous returner and, ultimately, a starter and potential impact player from Day 1.

Tennessee TitansRecord: 6-10* Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
Defensive line probably falls lower on the list of team needs behind the obvious question of who will be taking snaps, but it's not a minor need. And to get the most productive interior lineman in the college game last year, a player who was simply unblockable in a number of key games, is a solid get for the Titans at No. 8 overall. Fairley gives you immediate help at a spot they need to address, and he offers the value of a top-five pick. Disruptive versus both the run and the pass, he will help this defense now, and they can look for a linebacker later on.

Dallas CowboysRecord: 6-10* Tyron Smith, OT, USC
A number of times this year, I've noted how Dallas might look to trade down. After all, picking in the top 10 of this draft wasn't likely to allow them to get full value if they targeted an offensive tackle, something many wish Jerry Jones would have done in 2010. Well, in Smith, they have the option of taking a player who projects as a future blindside tackle, and he's in a perfect spot in terms of value, having risen all the way to No. 9 on the Big Board. It's a need pick, and a player who could help Dallas in short order.

Washington RedskinsRecord: 6-10* J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin
Washington has serious needs on the offensive side of the ball, but if Gabbert and Newton are gone, and Green and Jones too, they should address another need or look to trade down. One pressing need on the other side of the ball is at defensive end, and Watt has a chance to be a tremendous player at that position. A high-energy guy capable of diagnosing plays, contributing in various schemes, and holding up well against the run while getting after quarterbacks in the pass game, he's the kind of low-risk pick that makes sense for the Skins.

Houston TexansRecord: 6-10* Robert Quinn, LB, North Carolina
Houston has needs all over the defensive side of the ball, and Quinn is the best player still on the board if they can get him here. A gifted natual pass-rusher, Quinn sat out all of 2010, but his talent should overcome any questions about rust. A physical specimen, Wade Phillips can find a way to use Quinn in his scheme, and DeMarcus Ware will be what he has in mind when he gets Quinn into camp. Yes, the secondary needs help, but the fastest way to make that group look better is get a pass rush.

Minnesota VikingsRecord:6-10* Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
Bowers has seen his stock take a slight hit in the past few weeks as he faces questions about just how healthy his knee is coming off surgery for a torn meniscus. That said, the Viking should be giddy to get a pass-rushing talent like Bowers at No. 12. Once the No. 1 player in the country coming out of high school, many believe Bowers has the skill-set of a No. 1 overall NFL draft pick. While he won't be this year, he's a great pass-rusher and can give the Vikings an upgrade on the edge. With time to fully recuperate from a minor injury, his future is bright.

Detroit LionsRecord: 6-10Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
There may be questions about how perfectly Amukamara fits Detroit's scheme, but it's hard to believe they'd pass up perhaps the best pure cover corner in the draft at this position. The Lions are desparate for an upgrade at the cornerback position, and Amukamara is capable of contributing very early. Great awareness, instincts, ball skills and underrated speed. He also has better-than-average size for the position.

St. Louis RamsRecord: 7-9* Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
A selection I'm sticking with from the previous mock, Liuget is a relentless player who displays leverage, power and the ability to locate the ball well against both the rush and the pass. He fills an immediate need at defensive tackle. I said before that if a receiver were to fall to this position, I think St. Louis would jump, but their position of biggest need doesn't offer a sensible value matchup right here. I also can see the Rams going for an outside linebacker at this spot. If they're that intent on a pass-catcher with their first pick, the Rams could also move off this spot.

Miami DolphinsRecord: 7-9* Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
Sticking with this angle from the previous mocks, Miami goes with the top back on the board. Ingram didn't drop among evaluators even without a good 40 at the combine, because he was never expected to shine in that area. Ingram is a producer. The most complete back in this class, he has great balance, runs with great pad level, balance and leverage, and explodes from contact. Once he gets through the initial hole, he's a terror on the second level. A good fit here.

Jacksonville JaguarsRecord: 8-8* Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri
Another guy I'm sticking with from the previous mock, Smith offers a raw talent package with a lot of upside. He's a player who could easily have been a top-10 pick in 2012 had he stuck around Missouri for another year of development. The Jags went for veterans to spackle over the holes at defensive end last year, but it's time to develop some edge talent to go with what is a really promising defensive interior. Smith is an ideal developmental option who can still help in 2011.

New England Patriots (from Oakland)Record: 14-2Cameron Jordan, DE, Cal
I have 3-4 defensive end among the top three needs for the Patriots, and Jordan offers the best value available at this position. Considering how many early picks they have, the Pats can make their picks in a different order: Considering a wide variety of needs, lining those up against the best available players on the board, and trying to maximize every pick. Jordan maximizes this one as a player who fits their system, has the smarts and experience to pick it up quickly, and offers pass-rushing help.

San Diego ChargersRecord: 9-7* Muhammad Wilkerson, DL, Temple
The No. 10 overall player on my Big Board over the past couple weeks, Wilkerson fits what the Chargers are looking for, as a defensive tackle who could line up as a 3-4 defensive end. I really thought Wilkerson could be a top-10 pick if he stuck around Temple for another year, but he was dominant enough in 2010 that he may have felt there was little left to prove. He can anchor, but Wilkerson is a guy who loves to pursue, and can cause problems for quarterbacks as a penetrator.

New York GiantsRecord: 10-6Mike Pouncey, OL, Florida
I don't think Pouncey is quite as versatile as his brother, who was taken at No. 18 overall last year and became a Pro Bowl player in his first year with the Steelers. But Mike offers a very similar skill set. He can play guard or center, gets to the second level very well and should help the Giants in the running game. I'd slot him in at guard to start and only look for help at center in a backup role, but he's easily the top interior lineman in the draft.

Tampa Bay BuccaneersRecord: 10-6Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
Tampa has its solution on the interior, having taken defensive tackles with picks in Rounds 1 and 2 last year, and now it's time to find pass-rush help from the edge. Kerrigan may be a little light to start immediately as an every down 4-3 defensive end. But while offering top-flight pass-rush skills -- he was completely unblockable while leading the country in TFL last year -- Kerrigan is no pushover against the run either. The Bucs need to find a way to get to opposing passers, and Kerrigan can be a big part of the answer. Given recent personnel issues at corner, a reach at that position also isn't out of question.

Kansas City ChiefsRecord: 10-6* Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
Ayers surprised a lot of people with some mediocre workouts at the combine, given his reputation for athleticism, but he bounced back at his pro day. And as I've said before, the tape doesn't lie. This is a guy with the range of skills to help a team early. A good fit on the edge in the Chiefs' system, Ayers fills an obvious need at outside linebacker in the 3-4 and isn't just a pass-rusher. More in the Mike Vrabel mold, he can cover, rush and tackle well against the run.

Indianapolis ColtsRecord: 10-6Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
One more that stays the same from previous mocks, I just really like the fit. The Colts have to improve on the offensive line and even while Peyton Manning is a maestro working out of the shotgun, they need to be able to do more both in the run game and in pass protection. Castonzo is a smart, versatile tackle who has been consistently rated as a first-round tackle option. Indy has brought in some quarterbacks to work out, but Castonzo is more of an immediate help.

Philadelphia EaglesRecord: 10-6Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
I have offensive tackle as the top need for a team that has to make sure they don't take the athleticism of their starting quarterback for granted. In Carimi they get a guy who loves to run block and will sustain those blocks. But he can also take on great pass-rushers, and has shown enough that it figures he could fill in at either tackle position early, potentially starting on the right side with the goal to become a starting left tackle.

New Orleans SaintsRecord: 11-5Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor
Taylor is a real load, and the best pure anchor tackle on the board. Listed at 334 pounds, Taylor probably played closer to 350 during an impressive final season at Baylor. You can stack blockers on him, but Taylor won't give ground, and will free up linebackers to make more plays in the running game. The Saints can't go wrong if they get a really good defensive tackle or defensive end with this pick.

Seattle SeahawksRecord: 7-9Jake Locker, QB, Washington
Locker has worked hard to help scouts forget about a bad season of tape, and did enough at his recent pro day to get more positive vibes attached to his stock among evaluators. As we've said before, Locker has a big-time arm, a great attitude, elite athleticism for the position, but has unfortunately lacked accuracy, the one trait most of us believe is the most innate. But I wouldn't put it past him to improve that, given the kind of kid he is, and his range of talent. This isn't an endorsement of Locker as a guy who should step in and start for the Seahawks if Matt Hasselbeck isn't back in 2011, but even if Seattle makes a move for a short-term answer at quarterback, Locker could be hard to pass up if Pete Carroll thinks he's a solution for the long run.

Baltimore RavensRecord: 12-4* Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
Another pick who sticks. The Ravens didn't take a cornerback with any of their picks in 2010 and Smith has proven that he has all the physical tools to back up solid tape. With the Ravens' leadership on defense in the form of Ray Lewis still in place, Smith has a chance to be a steal if he takes direction from the vets. A burner with shut-down skills, good ball awareness and elite size for the position, he adds immediate depth with the chance to start early.

Atlanta FalconsRecord: 13-3Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
The Falcons are a solid team without a true glaring need, but a 4-3 defensive end with the ability to rush the passer and great awareness and discipline against the run can help them in 2011. That's Clayborn in a nutshell. His coaches rave, as do players that have had to face him. He has good size, a reputation for relentlessness and the respect of his peers. Atlanta could look for a wideout to diversify an attack that went too often in one direction last year, but Clayborn is the better value here.

New England PatriotsRecord: 14-2* Justin Houston, LB, Georgia
Houston is an interesting player. He shows a lot of natural pass-rush skills as a 3-4 outside linebacker, but a lot of people see him as a player capable of growing into the 4-3 defensive end position. I prefer him at the former, and see him as a great fit in Bill Belichick's system. Starting as a pass-rush specialist, Houston should be able to develop into an every-down player. A lot of natural ability here; Houston is another guy who would probably go in the top 10 had he waited a year, making him a potential steal at this point.

Chicago BearsRecord: 11-5Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
I've said before that Chicago should be thrilled if Solder is available here. He has added bulk to a 6-foot-8 frame, making him a guy who could help in a run game that really fell off in 2010. All the questions about his toughness aside, Chicago let Jay Cutler take far too many hits over the past two seasons. Mike Martz will run the ball if he can block for it. Solder has the frame to become a bulldozer, and the athleticism to move along the line and help on either side.

New York JetsRecord: 11-5Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio St.
We've discussed the possibility of taking a safety at this spot, but I don't think the Jets would be wise to neglect early talent at a position they really need to address. Heyward is a player that holds up against the run, has shown a decent repertoire of pass-rush skills, and can play through pain. Rex Ryan needs to infuse some talent to his defensive front, because he has to blitz to get any pressure on opposing quarterbacks at this point, and you never want that to be the case.

Pittsburgh SteelersRecord: 12-4* Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
Williams is the classic young, talented risk-taker at the cornerback position. He has a a lot of natural ability, likes to steal a look into the backfield and turn errant passes into six points going the other way. While some see him ultimately becoming a great cover safety, I'm not ready to push him off the the edge. Dick LeBeau was a great cornerback, and would do well working with a talen like Williams.

Green Bay PackersRecord: 10-6Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi St.
Green Bay could also go with an outside linebacker here to take some pressure off Clay Matthews Jr., but I've waffled on this pick and tend to think that if they believe they can get a player they can develop into the long range answer on the blindside, it'd be really hard to pass up. Sherrod has been a consistent player, and could be the answer to replace Chad Clifton. When you have a quarterback like Aaron Rodgers, you're going to win a lot of games. Priority No. 1 has to be to keep him upright.

Round 2
A pick-by-pick projection of Round 2 selections in the 2011 NFL draft.

33. New England (from Car.) Danny Watkins OG Baylor
34. Buffalo Martez Wilson LB Illinois
35. Cincinnati Andy Dalton QB TCU
36. Denver Rahim Moore S UCLA
37. Cleveland Jabaal Sheard DE Pittsburgh
38. Arizona Brooks Reed LB Arizona
39. Tennessee Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas
40. Dallas Brandon Harris CB Miami (Fla)
41. Washington Christian Ponder QB Florida St.
42. Houston Curtis Brown CB Texas
43. Minnesota Stephen Paea DT Oregon St.
44. Detroit Bruce Carter LB North Carolina
45. San Francisco Dontay Moch LB Nevada
46. Denver (from Miami) Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame
47. St. Louis Leonard Hankerson WR Miami (Fla)
48. Oakland Clint Boling OL Georgia
49. Jacksonville Torrey Smith WR Maryland
50. San Diego Randall Cobb WR Kentucky
51. Tampa Bay Jah Reid OT Central Florida
52. New York Giants Quan Sturdivant LB North Carolina
53. Indianapolis Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois
54. Philadelphia Brandon Burton CB Utah
55. Kansas City Orlando Franklin OL Miami (Fla)
56. New Orleans Rodney Hudson OL Florida St.
57. Seattle DeMarcus Van Dyke CB Miami (Fla)
58. Baltimore Titus Young WR Boise St.
59. Atlanta Jerrel Jernigan WR Troy
60. New England Daniel Thomas RB Kansas St.
61. San Diego (from NY Jets) Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia
62. Chicago Marvin Austin DT North Carolina
63. Pittsburgh Ben Ijalana OT Villanova
64. Green Bay Tandon Doss WR Indiana

Round 3
A pick-by-pick projection of Round 3 selections in the 2011 NFL draft.

65. Carolina Allen Bailey DL Miami (Fla)
66. Cincinnati Ryan Williams RB Virginia Tech
67. Denver Christian Ballard DL Iowa
68. Buffalo Lance Kendricks TE Wisconsin
69. Arizona James Carpenter OT Alabama
70. Cleveland Jarvis Jenkins DT Clemson
71. Dallas Da'Norris Searcy S North Carolina
72. New Orleans (from Wash) Chris Carter LB Fresno St.
73. Houston Kendric Burney CB North Carolina
74. New England (from Minn) Jon Baldwin WR Pittsburgh
75. Detroit Marcus Gilbert OT Florida
76. San Francisco Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada
77. Tennessee John Moffitt OG Wisconsin
78. St. Louis Alex Green RB Hawaii
79. Miami Edmond Gates WR Abilene Christian
80. Jacksonville Quinton Carter S Oklahoma
81. Oakland Chimdi Chekwa CB Ohio St.
82. San Diego Marcus Cannon OT TCU
83. New York Giants Terrell McClain DT South Florida
84. Tampa Bay Colin McCarthy LB Miami (Fla)
85. Philadelphia Ross Homan LB Ohio St.
86. Kansas City Greg Salas WR Hawaii
87. Indianapolis Drake Nevis DT LSU
88. New Orleans Kendall Hunter RB Oklahoma St.
89. San Diego (from Seattle) Akeem Dent LB Georgia
90. Baltimore Will Rackley OL Lehigh
91. Atlanta DeMarco Murray RB Oklahoma
92. New England Marcus Gilchrist DB Clemson
93. Chicago Stefen Wisniewski OL Penn St.
94. New York Jets Greg Little WR North Carolina
95. Pittsburgh Austin Pettis WR Boise St.
96. Green Bay Cortez Allen CB The Citadel
97. Carolina (comp selection) Kenrick Ellis DT Hampton

mojorizen7
04-07-2011, 04:36 AM
St. Louis Rams Record: 7-9
14. Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
Rams fans are surely crossing their fingers that Jones will fall to this point but that seems unlikely, and there is no outside linebacker on the board who can fill the Rams' second-biggest need. Several players could offer value here but Liuget would fill the biggest need. He is on the short side but is quick, stout and powerful, and his motor never stops running. And if there's anything we've learned about Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo it's that he can never have enough quality defensive linemen.
If Julio Jones is gone this is a solid 1st rd pick.

47. St. Louis
Leonard Hankerson WR Miami (Fla)If OG Danny Watkins and OLB Bruce carter is off the board here i like Hankerson....but it still may be a reach at 47.

78. St. Louis
Alex Green RB HawaiiWho?
The RB i like in the 3rd/4th rd is Kendall Hunter from Oklahoma St. He'd be a nice addition to help out SJ39,and because he's got some versatilty as a smaller back he should fit in nicely in Josh McDaniels hybrid spread offense.

gaKNOW!blee
04-07-2011, 03:06 PM
If Julio Jones is gone this is a solid 1st rd pick.
If OG Danny Watkins and OLB Bruce carter is off the board here i like Hankerson....but it still may be a reach at 47.
Who?
The RB i like in the 3rd/4th rd is Kendall Hunter from Oklahoma St. He'd be a nice addition to help out SJ39,and because he's got some versatilty as a smaller back he should fit in nicely in Josh McDaniels hybrid spread offense.

I did a mock draft game on another board where I had the Rams at 14 and I gave them Mike Pouncey to play guard.

Zelophehad
04-14-2011, 09:52 PM
McShay's new column about the first round:

NFL scouts offer first-round insight
Varying opinions, team needs, league-wide buzz make for some interesting picks

Final draft boards are nearing completion both here at Scouts Inc. and across the NFL, with only last-minute medical concerns and character flags likely to change things significantly from here on out.

I reached out to a pair of current NFL scouts (one from the AFC, one from the NFC) and both were nice enough to give up some of their very limited free time early this week to join me in running through a mock first round, and there were definitely some interesting results.

Derick E. Hingle/US Presswire
The Browns could be in line to get great value in Patrick Peterson.
The ground rules were simple. A three-way coin flip determined the order of picks and the scouts did not pick for their own teams for obvious reasons. Trades were not a consideration for these purposes, and picks were made based on what we think will happen when considering a number of factors, including player evaluations, team needs, scheme fits and buzz from around the league.

The first thing that jumped out at me during the process was the scouts' discipline in terms of taking players based on where they stood on their actual draft boards. They believe in their rankings and when able to put on their general manager hats, the scouts took players who might not fill the biggest needs for certain teams but simply had to come off the board because of their value.

A perfect example is CB Patrick Peterson going to the Cleveland Browns at No. 6. Our AFC scout could have taken DE/OLB Robert Quinn or WR Julio Jones to fill significant needs but getting perhaps the best player on the board at No. 6 was too good an opportunity to pass up.

The same can be said of the Tennessee Titans getting Jones at No. 8. Our scout just believed in Jones' skills and potential too much to let him get by.

So which picks gave our scouts the most trouble and which were the most intriguing? Here are their thoughts:

Toughest picks

[+] Enlarge
Scott Rovak/US Presswire
Blaine Gabbert has the tools to help turn around the Bills.
AFC scout: "For me it was Blaine Gabbert to Buffalo at No. 3. The upside and possible reward are higher with Cam Newton if everything comes together for him, but he's a bigger risk (and off the board), and I give Gabbert the edge at quarterback anyway.

"The more difficult decision was taking Gabbert over Von Miller. The Bills need an impact pass-rusher almost as much as they need a quarterback and I actually grade Miller higher than Gabbert on my overall board. At the end of the day, though, the quarterback is the most important factor if a team is going to win it all, and Gabbert has all the tools to become a franchise-type quarterback."

NFC Scout: "I struggled with where to go for the Patriots at No. 17. The two five-techniques who fit what New England's defensive scheme likes to do -- J.J. Watt and Cameron Jordan -- were already gone so I felt stuck a little and went with positional value in Adrian Clayborn.

"This pick would obviously hinge on the Patriots' clearing Clayborn medically and being comfortable with the nerve damage and limited range of motion in his right arm/shoulder/neck, but he has the size, strength and pass-rush ability to become a good fit as a rush end/ROLB in Bill Belichick's scheme."

Most intriguing picks

NFC scout: "I gave TE Kyle Rudolph to the Rams at No. 14, maybe a bit high for someone who missed most of the season with a hamstring, but I just believe in the guy. Rudolph has a chance to be an impact player and longtime starter in the league, and I think he could do for St. Louis what Rob Gronkowski did for New England as a rookie.

"I know the Rams have other needs but there is only one tight end in this class who's close to the complete package, and giving second-year QB Sam Bradford another weapon and a security blanket would make some sense."

(Note: this pick made me scratch my head initially given where I rank Rudolph, but the more I thought about it the more I could see the logic and envision it happening.)

AFC scout: "Everyone says the Cowboys need an offensive tackle, and that's true, but they could also have a major hole at the five-technique because of expiring contracts, and taking Da'Quan Bowers at No. 9 is something to think about. Bowers has been tagged as an ideal 4-3 end, but at 280 pounds why couldn't he play end in a 3-4 and be a guy who provides some pass-rush help both from the outside and inside?

"The final medical report on his knee is looming and that could change a lot of things, but if it checks out, getting a guy who may be a top-five talent with the ninth pick would be a good value."

[+] Enlarge
Eric Francis/Getty Images
Prince Amukamara's cover skills would offer an upgrade for the 49ers at No. 7 overall.
McShay's takes
It's always a helpful exercise to go through the first round with guys in the league. I do it all the time. But this is the first time I've gone through all 32 picks with scouts from different teams simultaneously. It was a good learning exercise for all of us, and the best part was picking for their respective teams. I'll admit it, my blood pressure got ratcheted up a few notches during those two picks.

Aside from those two selections, the toughest for me might have been San Francisco taking CB Prince Amukamara at No. 7.

I've had Peterson projected in that spot recently, but with the Browns ignoring need and taking the best available player one pick before, Amukamara made the most sense to me. The 49ers have bigger needs at quarterback and along the defensive line, but no one available at those positions was worth the pick. Amukamara carries similar value to a few other players at that spot but he does offer an upgrade at a position that is a secondary need.

• Jacksonville at No. 16 feels a little high for DE Ryan Kerrigan, but Jaguars general manager Gene Smith has earned a reputation in recent years for making safe picks, and you know exactly what you're getting from Kerrigan in terms of toughness, technique and effort.

• I was a little surprised to see UCLA OLB Akeem Ayers come off the board so early, but he is a good fit as a potential SAM linebacker for Tampa Bay and would bring even more youth to a defense that upgraded the line with DTs Gerald McCoy and Brian Price in 2010.

• DE Muhammad Wilkerson and DT Corey Liuget both carry grades in the top half of the first round on my board but there were enough questions that both fell into the mid-20s, and while I do believe RB Mark Ingram will slide a bit in the first round, I was surprised to see him available to fill a need when the Patriots went on the clock at No. 28.

• As much talk as there has been about CB Jimmy Smith falling because of character concerns, it's becoming clear that teams are getting more comfortable with his issues. One of Smith's biggest issues seems to be who he surrounds himself with and he's making it clear to teams that he's looking forward to leaving that behind and taking charge of his own life in a new city.

Smith going to Philadelphia at No. 23 jives with what we're hearing from others around the league and is more in line with the impressive overall physical tools he possesses.

• Finally, with no trades allowed for these purposes, we saw only two quarterbacks off the board. The only team picking in the second half of the first round with true need at quarterback is Seattle (No. 25), and if Jake Locker, Christian Ponder or Andy Dalton is to come off the board late in the first, it could very well take a team trading back into the top 32.

With all that being said, here's how things played out from top to bottom. Note that our scouts didn't necessarily make every pick for teams in their conferences, and the grade and overall rank listed for each player are from Scouts Inc.'s draft board.

Round 1
Pick Player POS School Grade (Rank)
1. Carolina Panthers Cam Newton QB Auburn 93 (16)
2. Denver Broncos Marcell Dareus DT Alabama 97 (1)
3. Buffalo Bills Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri 96 (5)
4. Cincinnati Bengals A.J. Green WR Georgia 97 (4)
5. Arizona Cardinals Von Miller OLB Texas AM 97 (2)
6. Cleveland Browns Patrick Peterson CB LSU 97 (3)
7. San Francisco 49ers Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska 96 (6)
8. Tennessee Titans Julio Jones WR Alabama 95 (9)
9. Dallas Cowboys Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson 95 (10)
10. Washington Redskins Robert Quinn DE/OLB N. Carolina 96 (7)
11. Houston Texans J.J. Watt DE Wisconsin 94 (12)
12. Minnesota Vikings Nick Fairley DT Auburn 94 (11)
13. Detroit Lions Tyron Smith OT USC 95(8)
14. St. Louis Rams Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame 90 (26)
15. Miami Dolphins Cameron Jordan DE California 92 (19)
16. Jacksonville Jaguars Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue 91 (21)
17. New England Patriots (from OAK) Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa 91 (24)
18. San Diego Chargers Aldon Smith DE/OLB Missouri 93 (14)
19. New York Giants Mike Pouncey OG/C Florida 93 (15)
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA 88 (31)
21. Kansas City Chiefs Nate Solder OT Colorado 92 (20)
22. Indianapolis Colts Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin 91 (22)
23. Philadelphia Eagles Jimmy Smith CB Colorado 89(28)
24. New Orleans Saints Muhammad Wilkerson DE Temple 93 (17)
25. Seattle Seahawks Corey Liuget DT Illinois 93 (13)
26. Baltimore Ravens Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State 89 (27)
27. Atlanta Falcons Anthony Castonzo OT B.C. 93 (18)
28. New England Patriots Mark Ingram RB Alabama 91 (23)
29. Chicago Bears Phil Taylor NT Baylor 86 (40)
30. New York Jets Justin Houston DE/OLB Georgia 87 (35)
31. Pittsburgh Steelers Derek Sherrod OT Miss. State 86 (41)
32. Green Bay Packers Danny Watkins OG Baylor 89 (29)

mojorizen7
04-15-2011, 06:39 PM
I did a mock draft game on another board where I had the Rams at 14 and I gave them Mike Pouncey to play guard.

I like Pouncey but i think it'd be a reach at #14. I'm hoping they can address OG in the 2nd rd if a guy like Danny Watkins slips down that far. Or maybe John Moffit in the 3rd rd.

I'm really thinking that DT Corey Luiget is gonna be the pick at #14.

Come on SPURS TALK football fans.....where's the draft talk for your respective teams!?
Cowboys fans? Texans fans?

After the draft there might be nothing NFL to talk about for a very long long time. :bang

IronMexican
04-16-2011, 07:05 PM
I think the possibility of no NFL really suppressed the entire forum.

Booharv
04-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett Ryan Mallett

Kai
04-28-2011, 02:06 AM
If the Texans found some way to trade up to get Von Miller or Patrick Peterson I would jizz all over myself. But in reality, I'm hoping Quinn drops to us. Don't know how I feel about Prince, the only time I saw him play was when he got abused by Blackmon...

mojorizen7
04-28-2011, 04:31 AM
If the Texans found some way to trade up to get Von Miller or Patrick Peterson I would jizz all over myself. But in reality, I'm hoping Quinn drops to us. Don't know how I feel about Prince, the only time I saw him play was when he got abused by Blackmon...

Quinn is going to be a beast IMO. If he falls to you guys the Texans war room guys will be chestbumping each other in celebration i would think :toast

Quinn would be an absolute steal at #11 That dude's gonna sack alot of QB's in his career IMO.

djohn2oo8
04-28-2011, 08:29 AM

You do know trading up to get Miller would cost us the whole draft? They should ONLY trade up to take Peterson. Quinn is good, but I really hope they don't take Aldon Smith. That guy is going to be a bust

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Quinn is gonna be sick and Von Miller is gonna be the biggest bust in the top 10. Sup Vernon Gholston continued.

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 08:33 AM
And I agree Djohn Aldon Smith is gonna be a bust for that matter as well. Extremely athletic 3-4 OLBs with no skill or technique who get taken in the 1st round and are expected to contribute immediately don't have a high success rate. It's why Bill Belichick ignores a whiny fanbase that's been begging him to take an OLB in the 1st round for years now (lol people who got pissed when the Jets took Gholston and New England had to "settle" on Mayo).

The 4cc Dictionary
04-28-2011, 08:44 AM
who's gonna draft the Ting brothers i saaaiiiiiddddd

JoeTait75
04-28-2011, 10:29 AM
I will be absolutely sick if the Browns take a receiver at #6. It'd be like a guy putting a $1000 system in his $200 1981 Chevy Citation.

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 01:52 PM
The Bills will draft the position of least need, per the usual. I'm pre-ordering my Mark Ingram jersey as we speak.

LnGrrrR
04-28-2011, 01:56 PM
An f'ing pass rusher. Please Belichick. Just do this one thing for your loyal followers, and the playoff flameouts the past few years will be forgiven.*

*At least until the next season's playoffs

LnGrrrR
04-28-2011, 02:02 PM
An offensive tackle would be nice too, if you're listening up there BB.

gaKNOW!blee
04-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Buffalo - just take Dareus. Don't be fucking stupid.

JoeTait75
04-28-2011, 02:22 PM
An f'ing pass rusher. Please Belichick. Just do this one thing for your loyal followers, and the playoff flameouts the past few years will be forgiven.*

*At least until the next season's playoffs

I heard the Hoodie called Cleveland about the #6 pick either to get Quinn or as part of his master plan to move up even further for Von Miller.

LnGrrrR
04-28-2011, 03:16 PM
I heard the Hoodie called Cleveland about the #6 pick either to get Quinn or as part of his master plan to move up even further for Von Miller.

Sure, why not? Brady's getting old, and I doubt we find another HoF QB. roll the dice and take our chances.

monosylab1k
04-28-2011, 03:46 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/mortreport/status/63689612610117633

Trade Buzz: New England looking to trade with Dallas to get Cameron Jordan

monosylab1k
04-28-2011, 03:46 PM
If NE somehow maneuvered their way into Julio Jones and Cameron Heyward, I'll be very happy.

IronMexican
04-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Not really excited for the draft at all. Even with the buzz of Oakland possibly trading into the first. I'll switch between the Laker game and this, though.

monosylab1k
04-28-2011, 04:29 PM
The draft was alot more fun when you got up early Saturday morning and watched all day. This primetime shit is terrible.

IronMexican
04-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Agreed. Not only that, but spreading it out kills the fun even more.

LnGrrrR
04-28-2011, 06:00 PM
The draft was alot more fun when you got up early Saturday morning and watched all day. This primetime shit is terrible.

Yup. I loved waking up on Saturday morning, eating some cereal, and flipping between the draft and other stuff.

Tommy Tuberville
04-28-2011, 06:30 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0909/cfb.oregon.uniforms/images/akili-Smith.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/834/408/108105778_display_image.jpg?1301969762

SIMILAR??????????????

me thinks so!

(http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1159890/15/17/index.htm)

Warlord23
04-28-2011, 07:06 PM
lol Panthers

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 07:10 PM
lol Panthers

Can't believe people think Scam Newton's game translates to the NFL. :lol

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Von Miller...reach

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Bills are on the clock!

Warlord23
04-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Can't believe people think Scam Newton's game translates to the NFL. :lol

Let's hope your Bills are smarter ... good luck

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Dareus, Green, Bowers, or maybe Peterson....nobody else

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Dareus! Fuck yes!

Warlord23
04-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Pretty simple decision, with that run D

Isitjustme?
04-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Nobody could do that rip move like Reggie White. #dumbcomparison

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 07:26 PM
Pretty simple decision, with that run D

It's the Bills...they're not known for common sense so I applaud them here

Warlord23
04-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Who gets Peterson? Arizona should go for him, only they might take a risk on a QB

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Holy shit the Falcons offense is going to be STACKED. Ryan, Turner, White, Gonzalez, and Julio Jones :wow

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Great trade for Cleveland, as good as Atlanta's offense might be that trade is borderline Hershel Walker retarded.

IronMexican
04-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Atlanta gave up a lot. They're gonna be fun to watch, though. Trying to stop Gonzalez and Jones in the redzone will be unbeavably hard.

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Rofl if Nick Fairley makes it to #17 and New England picks him, :lol:lol:lol = :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

DeadlyDynasty
Great trade for Cleveland, as good as Atlanta's offense might be that trade is borderline Hershel Walker retarded.

They gave up a shitload, no doubt...but those were all gonna be high picks. Atlanta has few holes to fill anyways (mostly secondary and LB), but they'll be great for years.

Cleveland did great for themselves though

Kyle Orton
Oh, and :lmao Broncos. McDaniels leaves and their shit fuck drafting continues.

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 07:43 PM
:lol Aldon Smith is quite the reach for San Fran

I wonder if my nigga Prince Amukamara makes it to the Cowboys.

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 07:43 PM
and the Alex Smith project continues :lmao

Warlord23
04-28-2011, 07:44 PM
and the Alex Smith project continues :lmao

Another season of watching Niners games for the lulz (if there is a season, that is)

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 07:45 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 07:45 PM
damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Take my nigga Prince Dallas

IronMexican
04-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Dallas should be thanking God sons. If it's not Prince...

djohn2oo8
04-28-2011, 07:49 PM
LOL Titans...WTF was that?:lmao

Greg Oden
04-28-2011, 07:51 PM
lmao titans

thanks for making the afc south a 3 team race.

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 07:52 PM
:lmao Vince Young being such a cancerous pussy the Titans used a top 10 pick on a QB just because he's the "anti Vince Young".

Warlord23
04-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Jerrah with some buzzer-beating GM-ing

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Better than having Alex Barron holding niggas I guess :lol

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 07:55 PM
:lmao Goodell not knowing how to pronounce a black name

IronMexican
04-28-2011, 07:56 PM
:cry Dallas drafting champions

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Gabbert a Jaguar

Greg Oden
04-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Gabbert has some stylish hair.

IronMexican
04-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Gabbert has some of the ugliest hair this side of anyone located in Mississippi.

Greg Oden
04-28-2011, 08:04 PM
someone who's been self shaving their own head since the beginning of their life isn't a hair expert I saaaiiidddddd.

Booharv
04-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Ryan Mallett will be better than any of these guys.

badfish22
04-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Just checked out Tyron Smith's OTA workouts.

NFL= f:lolcked

djohn2oo8
LOL Texans, even be4 they make a pick

Kyle Orton
Ryan Mallett will be better than any of these guys.

Sorry, but they don't make an advanced stat that takes cocaine habits into consideration.

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Sorry, but they don't make an advanced stat that takes cocaine habits into consideration.

:lmao

Booharv
04-28-2011, 08:08 PM

I'm not a fan of advanced stats in football. I just think he'll be a stud QB, either that or Todd Marinovich. Or something in between.

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 08:09 PM
lol Texans

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Tbh I liked Mallett at one point then I saw him talking to Gruden on TV and figured out he loves cocaine and has the IQ of a lobotomized beagle.

IronMexican
04-28-2011, 08:11 PM
Looks like New England is going to get Bowers. Good for them.

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 08:12 PM
I don't see them picking Bowers. I'd be plenty fuckin happy if they did, but I don't see it. Wilkerson I think is a strong possibility if he makes it to #17 because he has the longest arms out of all the 3-4 DEs which is vital to BB's system.

JoeTait75
04-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Atlanta gave up a lot.

From Cleveland's standpoint the trade is only as good as the players they get with those picks. (Obviously.)

I'm just glad we're not taking a receiver at #6. THAT would have been stupid.

Off to watch the Tribe finish off their bitch-smack of the Royals...

djohn2oo8
04-28-2011, 08:13 PM
lol Texans

This entire front office is full of unshaven vaginas with a fishy smell

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 08:15 PM
This entire front office is full of unshaven vaginas with a fishy smell

Mario Williams, Cushing, Watt....one of these days they'll have a half-way decent defense:lol

JoeTait75
04-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Mario Williams, Cushing, Watt....one of these days they'll have a half-way decent defense:lol

Texans remind me of the Marino-era Dolphins. Draft one defensive player after another yet the defense continues to suck.

djohn2oo8
04-28-2011, 08:18 PM

lol, as long as Kareem Jackson is in our secondary, that'll never happen. And by the time you read this sentence, Kareem has fallen down three times already

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Texans remind me of the Marino-era Dolphins. Draft one defensive player after another yet the defense continues to suck.

Two words: Tom Olivadatti

He's the reason their defense was atrocious those years

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Damn...I actually like that pick by the Vikes

djohn2oo8
04-28-2011, 08:21 PM

It doesn't help that the front office are a bunch of retards, and the last two defensive coordinators have never called a defense before

DeadlyDynasty
If the Lions add Bowers that would be a beast D-Line

IronMexican
Shit. Crazy Detroit

DeadlyDynasty
Fairley is a solid pick too

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Fairley, Suh, and Vanden Bosch...not too shab

JoeTait75
04-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Well, teams won't be able to run on the Lions. They'll throw for about 400 yards per game on them, but they won't be able to run on them.

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 08:25 PM
God Nick Fairley looks stupid as fuck

JMarkJohns
Love the Cardinals pick. Lions making the playoffs next year by taking Chicago's spot. Their line is sick. They need health and some depth.

Booharv
Well, teams won't be able to run on the Lions. They'll throw for about 400 yards per game on them, but they won't be able to run on them.
Building your team's defense to stop the run first is smart. #1985

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 08:26 PM
if the Pats get Bowers I might cry

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 08:27 PM
God Nick Fairley looks stupid as fuck

all the Auburn players have stupid face

JoeTait75
04-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Should still be some very solid D-linemen down at the end of the first round at least. Browns need to do what the Hoodie used to do when he was here- draft D-linemen by the bushel, throw bodies at the position and hope some of them stick.

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Hopefully that's what the Hodie plans on doing this year

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 08:31 PM
dolphins getting Ingram imho

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Ingram has a pimp watch tbh

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 08:34 PM
maybe not...watch them take the ginger :lol

JMarkJohns
04-28-2011, 08:35 PM
if the Pats get Bowers I might cry

Pats need Bowers, then trade their late 1st and their early 2nd to get back into the top-25 picks for Cameron Jordan.

JoeTait75
04-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Hopefully that's what the Hodie plans on doing this year

I'd be happier than a pig in shit if I were you, DoK, with Peterson in the fold.

Isitjustme?
04-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Historically speaking like 50-60% of these first round guys will be srcubs.

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Dolphins O-line is rounding out...Long, Incognito, Carey, and Pouncey are a great young foundation.

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 08:39 PM
I'd be happier than a pig in shit if I were you, DoK, with Peterson in the fold.

I am tbh, it's more or less a sure-fire probowl corner. The icing on the cake is DRC is expendable and could be cut next year if he doesn't adjust well to being the #2 corner.

JMarkJohns
04-28-2011, 08:41 PM
I am tbh, it's more or less a sure-fire probowl corner. The icing on the cake is DRC is expendable and could be cut next year if he doesn't adjust well to being the #2 corner.

Don't cut him. Make him free safety. With the kid's speed and ability to make up ground quickly, he'd make for a really unique FS. With his length and quickness he could do a lot of damage.

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 08:42 PM
:lol yes Kerrigan gets taken before the Patriots have the chance to get him

DeadlyDynasty
lol Redskins...Didn't they just draft Orakpo?

MannyIsGod
This is a good pick. Orakpo and Kerrigan will be beasts.

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Great...New England gets Bowers. The rich get richer. fml

Dr. Gonzo
04-28-2011, 08:44 PM
It doesn't help that the front office are a bunch of retards, and the last two defensive coordinators have never called a defense before

WADE PHILLIPS ERA BEGINS!!

:depressed

Kyle Orton
Bowers Wilkerson or even Prince

Kyle Orton
Anyone but Ingram

MannyIsGod
04-28-2011, 08:45 PM
So far I like the draft for my Skins. A lot.

JMarkJohns
04-28-2011, 08:49 PM
Dumb

DeadlyDynasty
Yes!!! haha I love it!

Kyle Orton
Good pick. Matt Light plays for 1-2 more years while Solder develops some technique and skill, then it's Solder and Vollmer dominating at tackle for the next 10 years.

Isitjustme?
04-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Nice highlight reel for that NE pick.

JMarkJohns
04-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Good pick.

It's a solid pick, but they need pass rush more than OL help.

Reggie Williams
04-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Dolphins O-line is rounding out...Long, Incognito, Carey, and Pouncey are a great young foundation.

Long Incognito Pouncey Jerry Carey

Pretty swole

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 08:53 PM
It's a solid pick, but they need pass rush more than OL help.

They have young guys like Cunningham and Ninkovich at OLB who have some potential. They have absolutely no certainties for the future of their O-line outside of Vollmer. I woulda preferred Wilkerson or Bowers, but they need to address O-line early and often in this draft.

monosylab1k
kill me now

Kyle Orton

Pretty swole

Don't worry Henne will still find a way to fuck up.

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 08:54 PM

Pretty swole

They had a rough year last year, but I attribute that more to Henne being a retard and their old ass RBs. That's a beast O-line

Kyle Orton
kill me now

Really? I remember you saying something about how overrated and inconsistent their O-line has gotten.

monosylab1k
if they get cameron heyward I won't hate this pick as much. if they go the rest of tonight without getting some d-line help I'll just root for the Lions.

monosylab1k
Really? I remember you saying something about how overrated and inconsistent their O-line has gotten.

Another stiff white guy wasn't what I had in mind.

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 08:55 PM
kill me now

I still don't know how they pass on Bowers there...perfect fit, imho

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Another stiff white guy wasn't what I had in mind.

Sorry but white offensive linemen >>> black offensive linemen. It requires a football IQ.

monosylab1k
04-28-2011, 08:57 PM
I still don't know how they pass on Bowers there...perfect fit, imho

At this point Belichick has to be trolling. He knows this team needs a pass rusher in the worst way, but he's trying to prove he can win a title while giving his fans the finger.

monosylab1k
04-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Sorry but white offensive linemen >>> black offensive linemen. It requires a football IQ.

Not when they look like they could be perfectly cast as Lenny from Of Mice And Men.

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Mono, I'll see your point if they don't get a 3-4 DE with their next pick, but getting a stud left tackle requires a high pick, and they needed a stud left tackle in the worst way.

Now, if they resign Mankins and draft a center later on, it takes care of their line for the future.

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Not when they look like they could be perfectly cast as Lenny from Of Mice And Men.

You mean like this guy?
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/27/279100.jpg

Isitjustme?
04-28-2011, 09:01 PM
I can't imagine wanting to go the draft. Fuck that.

monosylab1k
04-28-2011, 09:02 PM
I can't imagine wanting to go the draft. Fuck that.

You mean hanging out with a bunch of obnoxious New Yorkers for 3 hours as they call all 30 other NFL teams every gay slur in the book wouldn't be a fun time?

Isitjustme?
04-28-2011, 09:02 PM
I mean what is the allure? You can see the commish walk to the podium in person?

Isitjustme?
04-28-2011, 09:03 PM
You mean hanging out with a bunch of obnoxious New Yorkers for 3 hours as they call all 30 other NFL teams every gay slur in the book wouldn't be a fun time?

:lol That too.

leemajors
04-28-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm still shocked JJ drafted a lineman in the first round.

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 09:05 PM
great pick by the G-men...That team is stacked but they always choke around Week 10

Kai
04-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Anyone know much about JJ Watt? I like what I've heard so far...

Booharv
04-28-2011, 09:08 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/38/ComingtoAmerica1988MoviePoster.jpg

LnGrrrR
04-28-2011, 09:09 PM
At least it's an OT...

benefactor
04-28-2011, 09:09 PM
He's yet another defensive player that was great in college and is destined to become mediocre on the Texans.

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 09:10 PM
It's funny how I'm mono's understudy and we disagree about virtually every pick the Patriots have made in recent years.

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 09:10 PM
He's yet another defensive player that was great in college and is destined to become mediocre on the Texans.

:lol

monosylab1k
04-28-2011, 09:12 PM
It's funny how I'm mono's understudy and we disagree about virtually every pick the Patriots have made in recent years.

well that's cuz every year all I want is a goddamn pass rusher.

*cue IronMexican with some Richard Seymour comment. Bottom line is Seymour licked balls since 2006. He wasn't getting to the QB except in garbage time. I'm glad getting traded to the Raiders rejuvenated him enough to lead you to an 8-8 season :lmao

IronMexican
04-28-2011, 09:13 PM
8-8!

DeadlyDynasty
At this point Belichick has to be trolling. He knows this team needs a pass rusher in the worst way, but he's trying to prove he can win a title while giving his fans the finger.

It's looking like everybody's reading too much into the Bowers injury...at this rate he'll still be available at #28 :lol

Would love to see the Bills trade up to get him...Bowers and Dareus on the same DL:hat

IronMexican
Wonder if there's any chance Oakland trades up today for Kaep.

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Seymour was pretty good in 2008 tbh, but he was gonna hold out and be a whiny bitch unless New England gave him a new deal for his fluke 2008 season

JMarkJohns
04-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Patriots need to trade up to get Jordan. He's versatile to play in both 4/3 and 3/4. Trade late 1st and late 2nd now to move up and select him.

monosylab1k
Seymour was pretty good in 2008 tbh, but he was gonna hold out and be a whiny bitch unless New England gave him a new deal for his fluke 2008 season

He never made plays in key moments tho. Early in his career he was making plays damn near every down. By 2008 he would make the most meaningless sacks possible. He was almost Adalius Thomas bad the last few years.

monosylab1k
Patriots need to trade up to get Jordan. He's versatile to play in both 4/3 and 3/4. Trade late 1st and late 2nd now to move up and select him.

Why do that when you can get some slow white linebacker?

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 09:16 PM
If Wilkerson somehow drops to 28 and New England gets him great fuckin 1st round :cry

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 09:17 PM
Gruden is such a fuckin moron

IronMexican
04-28-2011, 09:18 PM

I'm watching on NFL.com with the Lakers on in the background.

IronMexican
ESPN is so shitty.

DeadlyDynasty
Anyone recall a draft with this many DL in the 1st Round?

monosylab1k
If Wilkerson somehow drops to 28 and New England gets him great fuckin 1st round :cry

Cameron Heyward is THAT nigga imho

JMarkJohns
04-28-2011, 09:19 PM

NFL Network is your friend. No Kiper. No Gruden. No Boomer.

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 09:20 PM

I'd take him as well tbh, only concern I have with him is laziness/not big enough. However New England could use a player who blows ass during the regular season then comes alive during bow season/playoffs.

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Heyward earned himself a check with that Sugarbowl performance alone

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Peyton Hillis going kurt warner on us

Isitjustme?
wtf is up with this Hillis thing?

Isitjustme?
lol @ the mini acceptance speech.

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Hillis was one of my favorite players before that stunt, now I hope that dumb redneck tears his ACL.

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Hillis was one of my favorite players before that stunt, now I hope that dumb redneck tears his ACL.

Now that he's on the Madden cover you don't have to hope, just wait for it

Booharv
04-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Nice little Madden commercial there. Praise Jesus.

Greg Oden
04-28-2011, 09:25 PM
i missed it,what did he do, tbh?

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Praised jeebus for being chosen to announce Cleveland's first round pick

IronMexican
04-28-2011, 09:29 PM
He thanked thanked our lord and savior. Lil B.

Greg Oden
04-28-2011, 09:30 PM
oh my god based god

Isitjustme?
04-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Nice PR stunt.

IronMexican
04-28-2011, 09:33 PM
What a cheesy song.

Isitjustme?
04-28-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm crying right now. So patriotic.

Isitjustme?
04-28-2011, 09:34 PM
#awkward

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 09:36 PM
oh my god based god

you swag to the maximum

JMarkJohns
04-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Jordan is gone...

JoeTait75
04-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Phil Taylor. Any Baylor fans here that can give a low-down?

JMarkJohns
04-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Ravens causing a traffic jam... looks like they got leaped.

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Oh great another trade down, fuck. Lets keep planning for the future so whatever good years Brady has left are gone!

JMarkJohns
04-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Good move by Saints, even though it's a bit costly down the road. I don't know what the fuck the Patriots are doing. They entered needing two impact DEs in the 1st, got a raw giant on the OL and no DE.

Kai
04-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Decent haul for New Orleans tonight.

Booharv
04-28-2011, 10:21 PM
AYl_gSzmbZY

#clutch

JMarkJohns
04-28-2011, 10:25 PM

To the J E T S ... Sucks for ya, man.

Booharv
04-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Crazy that Bowers could go from a possible #1 overall to out of the first in less than 2 months.

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 10:26 PM
AYl_gSzmbZY

#clutch

:flipoff

LnGrrrR
04-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Did Vegas take odds on Belichick trading out of the first? If so, were they 1:10 odds?

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 10:27 PM
If the Bills get Bowers in the 2nd then I'm going to at least 4 games next season

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Heyward a Steeler? Not right...

monosylab1k
04-28-2011, 10:28 PM
FUCKING SHIT

FUCKING FUCK

FUCKING FUCKING MOTHERFUCKER

GODDAMMIT :pctoss this is BULLSHIT

JMarkJohns
04-28-2011, 10:30 PM

To Steelers.

They do have an in on either Bowers or Reed (who's white, but not slow) with that first pick in the 2nd.

DeadlyDynasty
FUCKING SHIT

FUCKING FUCK

FUCKING FUCKING MOTHERFUCKER

GODDAMMIT :pctoss this is BULLSHIT

That Steeler pick had to hurt:lol Anybody but them or the Jets...

monosylab1k
I'm a lions fan

Reggie Williams
They had a rough year last year, but I attribute that more to Henne being a retard and their old ass RBs. That's a beast O-line

Naw. Long played with a bruised shoulder all season. Incognito had to switch to center because Berger got injured. Pat McQuistan who is fucking horrendous had to play LG because Incognito moved over to C, Jerry was playing like shit as a rookie and Carey got hurt towards the 2nd half and Lydon Murtha had to play.

So thats an o-line of Long, McQuistan, Incognito, Jerry, Murtha.

Then there RBs were old as shit.

Marshall got hurt and so did Hartline. So then you had 2 practice squad wideouts playing with Bess because MIA only carried 4 wideouts.

Fasano startd getting hurt and his backup got hurt. So then we had another 2 PS players at TE.

Henne did suck, but the entire offense was fucking atrocious.

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 10:32 PM
To the J E T S ... Sucks for ya, man.

:lmao letting the rival team take the potential Seymour replacement who's a perfect 2 gap 3-4 DE fit. Yup, it's safe to say BB has lost it.

IronMexican
04-28-2011, 10:34 PM
This is so fucking shitty. They need to go back to the old format.

JMarkJohns
I'm a lions fan

I can't wait to see them. Suh and Fairley is just disgusting and wholly unfair.

DeadlyDynasty
Naw. Long played with a bruised shoulder all season. Incognito had to switch to center because Berger got injured. Pat McQuistan who is fucking horrendous had to play LG because Incognito moved over to C, Jerry was playing like shit as a rookie and Carey got hurt towards the 2nd half and Lydon Murtha had to play.

So thats an o-line of Long, McQuistan, Incognito, Jerry, Murtha.

Then there RBs were old as shit.

Marshall got hurt and so did Hartline. So then you had 2 practice squad wideouts playing with Bess because MIA only carried 4 wideouts.

Fasano startd getting hurt and his backup got hurt. So then we had another 2 PS players at TE.

Henne did suck, but the entire offense was fucking atrocious.

I can't believe they brought Sparano back...at least Henning is gone though. The coaching staff destroyed Henne's confidence last season. I've never seen such neutered playcalling before

LnGrrrR
04-28-2011, 10:35 PM
What did the Pats get in that trade?

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 10:35 PM
I can't believe they brought Sparano back...at least Henning is gone though. The coaching staff destroyed Henne's confidence last season. I've never seen such neutered playcalling before

Henne sucking dick is his own fault, not the coaches.

:lmao picked twice by Rob Ninkovich in the same game

Isitjustme?
04-28-2011, 10:37 PM
This is so fucking shitty. They need to go back to the old format.

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Henne sucking dick is his own fault, not the coaches.

:lmao picked twice by Rob Ninkovich in the same game

He looked promising in 2009. 2010 was a disaster though

JMarkJohns
04-28-2011, 10:38 PM
What did the Pats get in that trade?

another 2nd this year and Saints 1st next year.

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 10:39 PM

Good trade then.

LnGrrrR
04-28-2011, 10:39 PM

I figured. Blah.

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Come on Pats...Pass on Bowers just one more time :lol

JMarkJohns
04-28-2011, 10:40 PM
I don't want the Cardinals to take Mallett. I was really hoping he'd be gone by the time they picked the 2nd. Don't really want Dalton, either. Want Reed to slip to AZ.

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Sorry but I got tired of watching Reed disappear at the wrong time the last two years. He also blows dick against the run. Elmore > Reed.

LnGrrrR
04-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Big question: Do the Pats finally take a DE at 33? Or do they trade down again for another first next year?

Knowing Belichick, he'll pick up another TE...

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 10:42 PM
There are no good DEs left. Wilkerson would have been a fuckin perfect fit due to his long ass arms but they decided to let him go to the fuckin Jets.

JMarkJohns
04-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Good trade then.

Maybe. Not when you need impact pass rushers and you let Heyward and Wilkerson go to other contenders.

Maybe they get Bowers tomorrow and he solves a big part of their issue? To have the opportunity to draft Jordan, Wilkerson and Bowers and maybe only get the latter (who's injured) of them seems really silly right now.

LnGrrrR
04-28-2011, 10:45 PM
There are no good DEs left. Wilkerson would have been a fuckin perfect fit due to his long ass arms but they decided to let him go to the fuckin Jets.

What do you want them to do here then?

JMarkJohns
04-28-2011, 10:45 PM
They need to take Bowers. With all their 2nds, they can afford to take the risk on someone with the pass-rush potential of Bowers.

monosylab1k
04-28-2011, 10:50 PM
I dunno, does one of Belichick's ass buddy college coaches have some chicken legged overrated pass rusher for him to take as a favor?

LnGrrrR
04-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Breathe mono, breathe.

monosylab1k
04-28-2011, 10:55 PM
I bet he takes another tight end with #33. That is so illogical it's actually logical for Belichick to do it.

Reggie Williams
04-28-2011, 10:57 PM

Your a bills fan right? So you saw some of our games. Henning was the worst fucking OC I have ever seen. Remember that time he called the Wildcat play on the goal line after Henne took them like 80 yards there to have him throw it and get picked off?

Remember when Henne would drive down the field on you guys last year to have Henning run some bullshit fullback dive on 1st down, wildcat on 2nd, and play action on 3rd and long?

I've never seen such fucking incompetent coaching while handcuffing the QB at the same time.

Reggie Williams
04-28-2011, 11:00 PM
The Patriots are going to trade down for like a 2 3rds next year then proceed to trade a 3rd for a 3rd and 7th next year

monosylab1k
04-28-2011, 11:01 PM
lol only on spurstalk can people defend chad henne and call him a future star while shitting on a guy with a 98.6 QB rating.

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2011, 11:01 PM
Your a bills fan right? So you saw some of our games. Henning was the worst fucking OC I have ever seen. Remember that time he called the Wildcat play on the goal line after Henne took them like 80 yards there to have him throw it and get picked off?

Remember when Henne would drive down the field on you guys last year to have Henning run some bullshit fullback dive on 1st down, wildcat on 2nd, and play action on 3rd and long?

I've never seen such fucking incompetent coaching while handcuffing the QB at the same time.

Yeah, but I live down in here in Miami so actually I got to see almost all the Dolphins games. Dan Henning was definitely public enemy #1:lol...the playcalling was almost too retarded to be true.

JoeTait75
04-28-2011, 11:03 PM
You guys put way too much stock in coaching, IMO. The further up the line you get, from HS to college to the pros, the less coaching matters. At the end of the day talent wins and talent loses.

Isitjustme?
04-28-2011, 11:14 PM
You guys put way too much stock in coaching, IMO. The further up the line you get, from HS to college to the pros, the less coaching matters. At the end of the day talent wins and talent loses.

I would agree with that in a lot of sports but not the NFL.

Isitjustme?
04-28-2011, 11:18 PM
Reggie Bush on twitter:

"It's been fun New Orleans"

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 11:18 PM
lol only on spurstalk can people defend chad henne and call him a future star while shitting on a guy with a 98.6 QB rating.

There's only one guy on this site who calls Henne a future star and he's a retarded Dolphins homer, and the only reason Vince Young is relevant to this site is the amount of UT nuthuggers like your homer brother on here. On any normal football forum they're both never talked about.

Kai
04-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Really wonder how bad Bowers' injury is at this point. Sergio Kindle of 2011.

Kyle Orton
04-28-2011, 11:20 PM
And coaching in the NFL matters. Don't tell me a non-retarded offensive coordinator who didn't feed the ball to Danny faggothonky Woodhead and didn't find every excuse possible to keep Rob Gronkowski away from the ball against the Jets wouldn't have helped New England.