PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Q Sink Spurs

NoMoneyDown
05-31-2005, 07:55 AM
Does anyone besides me feel the Spurs lost this game - as a team - in the 3rd quarter? There was a stretch during that time that the Suns seemed to not miss a shot, while the Spurs offense AND defense looked tired/confused/unenergetic. People can say all they want about Amare's perceived goal tending or Tim's missed FT's, but going from +7 to -7 in that lone quarter was what did them in.

boutons
05-31-2005, 08:07 AM
yep, 3rd qtr was the killer.

Every time the Spurs play a good first half, or 2nd qtr, half-time always causes me anxiety since the Spurs that went into the locker room may not be the same Spurs come out of the locker room. You just never know.

Last night was classic Spurs, a very solid-first-half Spurs with an excellent end-of-2nd-qtr, and then a suck-hind-tit-in-3rd-qtr Spurs. So damn inconsistent, no continuity. Like two different teams in 2 different games.

CaptainLate
05-31-2005, 08:48 AM
Does anyone besides me feel the Spurs lost this game - as a team - in the 3rd quarter? There was a stretch during that time that the Suns seemed to not miss a shot, while the Spurs offense AND defense looked tired/confused/unenergetic. People can say all they want about Amare's perceived goal tending or Tim's missed FT's, but going from +7 to -7 in that lone quarter was what did them in.

Agreed. Pop should give some serious thought about just leaving the team on the damn floor shooting around during halftime instead of taking them in and letting them get cold. If it interrupts some stupid bread and circus halftime show, then TS, tell 'em to shove it.