PDA

View Full Version : Give Credit to the Suns

coachtf
05-31-2005, 08:27 AM
The Phoenix Suns deserved to win last night and the Spurs did not exactly lay it down and give it to them. In my opinion the Suns earned the victory with balls and determination. It was a great game and Phoenix played like the team we all expected to see in this series. The Spurs hung in the game and remember Phoenix shot almost 60% and still could not put the silver and black away until the final seconds. The Suns have to play outside of themselves and nearly PERFECT to win a game in this series. Amare stepped up and balled up while leading through example for his club. Young fella was a monster last night. The Spurs have played great and Phoenix has worked hard all series. Something had to give last night and in the end Phoenix won A GAME. Phoenix earned it and the Spurs will man up and close it out Wednesday night. Go Spurs!

GrandeDavid
05-31-2005, 08:28 AM
I gave them credit at SpursCentral. Phoenix threw the knockout punches, Tim couldn't buy a free throw as Tony couldn't buy a jumper. Ballgame. To rub the cake in San Antonio's face, Tim gets posterized-type stuffed at the rim by Amare.

Hopefully San Antonio comes back on a mission in Game 5.

johndraegerhhs
05-31-2005, 08:30 AM
i gave them credit they played with alot of heart and emotion
but the only spurs that didn't show up last night was tim duncan and parker duncan look like he wasn't trying to make those free throws

coachtf
05-31-2005, 08:31 AM
Problem is they gave Phoenix some hope and that can go a long way with a young ball club. It will be the most physical game of the series thus far Wednesday night. Book it.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-31-2005, 08:32 AM
The Suns probably did play the hardest they have all series in this game. They certainly matched the Spurs intensity. With that said, they are doo-doo heads for beating us.

easjer
05-31-2005, 08:36 AM
Yes, they played well. But really, it was for the Spurs to win or the Spurs to lose.

They damn well better close it on Wednesday. What the hell is up with this team being unable to close it at home?

sa_butta
05-31-2005, 08:36 AM
Give credit to Spurs for Phoenix win. How the hell did Duncan go from perfect to awful free throw shooting in 1 game. Poor switching off and no weakside help. How many times did Parker have to foul Stoudemire before he could get some help? Total meltdown by Spurs. Joe Johnson 26 points ridiculous, why was Bowen not on him at least in the second half?

nkdlunch
05-31-2005, 08:44 AM
Phoenix played great, but still, Spurs gave the game away. I guess sweep was too good to be true for Tim and Tony. Not Manu.

sa_butta
05-31-2005, 08:54 AM
going in to this game I honestly believed in the sweep and all the hype but as the game progressed it did become too good to be true. The Spurs just did not play to their potential.

PM5K
05-31-2005, 09:00 AM
I'd hate to be Timmy, that shit got replayed last night on every damn sports show everywhere over and over....

spurster
05-31-2005, 09:00 AM
I agree. The Suns simply played better and with a lot more urgentcy.

SpursChampsIII
05-31-2005, 09:14 AM
Give credit to Spurs for Phoenix win. How the hell did Duncan go from perfect to awful free throw shooting in 1 game. Poor switching off and no weakside help. How many times did Parker have to foul Stoudemire before he could get some help? Total meltdown by Spurs. Joe Johnson 26 points ridiculous, why was Bowen not on him at least in the second half?

All good points.

MiNuS
05-31-2005, 09:18 AM
I don't know if there is a thread out already BUT I would definitely worry if these series goes any longer than 5.
IF the Spurs don't win @ Phoenix and come back to SBC it will be ALL pressure on S.A.

We don't want to take it to seven. Spurs should put it away in the next game.

coachtf
05-31-2005, 09:27 AM
Simply put Phoenix played like it was life or death. I thought the Spurs played hard but Phoenix played harder and that showed in several areas.

San Antonio will play better but i think this was a huge win for Phoenix and it's going to be a bitch come wednesday night. The Spurs must survive the initial burst in the first quarter and then I think Manu and Tim attack on both ends to close it out. If Tony can break down the first wave then we will be alright in the final quarter. A healthy Devin Brown would have been BIG in this series

Uncle Donnie
05-31-2005, 09:28 AM
I didn't think Phoenix played all that great honestly, other than Joe Johnson who had a stellar game on both ends.

When Tim and Tony play like that we aren't going to win many games, period. Phoenix had something to do with that especially on Parker, but they didn't make Tim go 3 of 12 from the line.

Phoenix is going to come out much stronger on Wednesday, the Spurs had better be prepared.

WalterBenitez
05-31-2005, 09:32 AM
The Phoenix Suns deserved to win last night and the Spurs did not exactly lay it down and give it to them. In my opinion the Suns earned the victory with balls and determination. It was a great game and Phoenix played like the team we all expected to see in this series. The Spurs hung in the game and remember Phoenix shot almost 60% and still could not put the silver and black away until the final seconds. The Suns have to play outside of themselves and nearly PERFECT to win a game in this series. Amare stepped up and balled up while leading through example for his club. Young fella was a monster last night. The Spurs have played great and Phoenix has worked hard all series. Something had to give last night and in the end Phoenix won A GAME. Phoenix earned it and the Spurs will man up and close it out Wednesday night. Go Spurs!

They deserved because they found answers, and they took advantage or SA game, we could say sth about refs (I think they were a factor) but ... bottom lines, SUNS played greatwith heart and mentallity, this show SA can't go on, without the team playing well, and especially the trio.

So Congrats m... f...g SUNS, LOL :depressed

ambchang
05-31-2005, 09:33 AM
Give credit to Spurs for Phoenix win. How the hell did Duncan go from perfect to awful free throw shooting in 1 game

The law of averages. I'd rather it hit now than in the Finals.

mikester
05-31-2005, 09:38 AM
With Game 4 now in the books, no matter how much it sucks, it's time to move on. Game 5 is definately going to be a bitch. The Suns will make it tougher on Wed. but our Spurs will show them just what they're made of. Tim will become Tim again. Manu will take it to yet another level. And the Spurs will close it out in front of their hometown crowd. Spurs 96, Suns 92!!!

sa_butta
05-31-2005, 09:39 AM
The law of averages. I'd rather it hit now than in the Finals.It seems the Spurs have had one bad game in every series during these playoffs. Lets just say, ok youve played your one bad game of the series now get your shit together and play the way that go you here.
1.at least decent freethrow shooting.
2.transition defense.
3.just make baskets, create good looks.

coachtf
05-31-2005, 09:40 AM
Phoenix made adjustments and the playoffs are all about making adjustments. In the end however we had been shooting lights out and that was something they had struggled with.

In the end Phoenix did what they had been trying to do all series. It's not as if their coaching staff just put together a new game plan. Bottom line if the Spurs make their free throws and pick up in transition defense it's over PERIOD on Wednesday night. If they don't and Phoenix shoots less than 50% from the field it's still close IMO.