PDA

View Full Version : All right, AHF. You tell me.

GSH
05-31-2005, 09:43 AM
GSH, give it up.

You want to keep mouthing off at me? Back it up with something. I want you to show me the rule that makes this OK. Not your ignorant opinion - show me a rule. Show me where it says goaltending is OK if it's a block that starts outside the cylinder.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/gsh/9f4b92cf.jpg

I'm sick of your shit in particular, AHF. I feel sorry for people who are stupid, because they can't help it. But people who are ignorant piss me off, because they are just to freaking lazy to educate themselves. Guess which category you fall into?

And don't change the subject again, either. This isn't about whether the Spurs won or lost. It isn't about whether they executed or not. And it isn't about whether Amare made an athletic play at the basket. It's about you constantly having some nasty shit to say when I post something. You want to do that? Earn it. Use that vast knowledge of yours to tell me why I'm wrong. Use that Aggie education to help you read the rules and prove why I should "give it up".

Otherwise, all these nice people are going to see what an ignorant, loud-mouthed weasel you really are.

SPARKY
05-31-2005, 09:48 AM
Spurs got hosed, yet it shouldn't have come down to that to begin with and undoubtedly they've been the beneficiaries of some questionable calls in the postseason.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-31-2005, 09:48 AM
Sweet! A showdown! Let me get some popcorn first.

Rick Von Braun
05-31-2005, 10:54 AM
I don't think that call would have changed the game one way or the other. The Suns played with heart, and I applaud them. The Spurs gave away the game on the FT line and with all of TP's jumpers in the 3rd quarter. That was the critical part of the game, and the change in momentum.

Having said that, I agree with you. That is a goaltending. The argument that says that something that started as a clean block outside the cylinder cannot be a goaltending is hilarious. The refs have to judge the entire action. Something can start as a steal and end up as a foul, it doesn't matter that it started as a clean steal.

E20
05-31-2005, 11:10 AM
Dude, if that was called GT we would have been up by 1 and changed the whole momentum of the game but, we need game 5 though and game 4 was SO yesterday.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2005, 07:16 PM
:lol

I didn't even see this, sorry some of us have a real job and can't bitch about plays all day on the site.

When you answer me about Tim, I'll answer you on this one.

Tim Duncan made the same type of block on Kenyon Martin in round 1, and Jerome James in round 2.

Were those goaltends? If so, why weren't you bitching about it?

You have whined more about this call than all the women around the world could ever whine while simultaneously on their rag, and you're still wrong.

Mr Dio
05-31-2005, 07:30 PM
I thought this was goal tending all the way til I saw on tv the actual NBA rule..I'll look it up again BUT it basically states that if the contact is legal & is 1st made outside the cylinder then the motion can carry thru into the cyclinder.

FromWayDowntown
05-31-2005, 07:32 PM
Whether the call was right or not is irrelevant at this point. What's the point, GSH? Are going to claim that a Spurs win in the series was really a sweep and that the league should record some claim that an official missed a call in the official history of this postseason?

To me, the point is this: even if the call was wrong (and I don't think it was), the Spurs are solely responsible for allowing that game to be in a posture where the officials could have made a difference. Can you really dispute that? They shot less than 45%, made fewer than half of their FT's, allowed Phoenix to shoot better than 55%, and were horrendous at boxing out Amare when it counted. With that, it's done. The league isn't going to revisit Game 4 and suddenly find that GSH is right, the officials screwed up, and the Spurs should have won. Carrying on like this makes you come off like George Karl or Ray Allen. That is to say, it makes you sound like a bitch.

Man up. Game 5 starts in 24 hours. It's on the Spurs.

King
05-31-2005, 07:34 PM
I didn't even see this, sorry some of us have a real job and can't bitch about plays all day on the site.

Dude -- you have over ten thousand posts.

thispego
05-31-2005, 07:48 PM
^^ rack

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2005, 07:48 PM
Yeah, I just graduated college and got a job. Things change.

thispego
05-31-2005, 07:50 PM
where did you get a job at?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2005, 07:53 PM
I work at a software company in Plano. Pay and benefits are great, but I have to put up with whiny _allas Mavericks fans all day long. :depressed

thispego
05-31-2005, 07:55 PM
haha, that sucks, were you ready to get out of college station or were there no jobs there?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2005, 08:00 PM
I was definitely ready for a change of scenery. There were some jobs there, nothing too terribly exciting though (the tech sector is getting better in CS, but the corporations like farming out their labor to student workers for cheaper labor).

I have a lot of friends from school and some family up here, so it's not too bad. The Mavs fans have been pretty quiet the last two weeks, but I still got it today at lunch over last night.

I can't complain, other than the fact that trying to make a Spurs game is a lot harder than it used to be. It's a lot harder to get away from work than it was to skip a day of class :lol

thispego
05-31-2005, 08:06 PM
Haha, i feel you there

ShoogarBear
05-31-2005, 08:12 PM
Dude -- you have over ten thousand posts.
Okay, that was funny.

To be honest, I haven't been getting lost in the minutae of this argument. The gist seems to be that the rule may be ambiguous. I don't care. It seems to me that at least the spirit of the game dictates that a hellacious play like that should be legal. He's clearly defending the ball and not the basket, and it's just a technicality that the play eventually ended up in the cylinder.