PDA

View Full Version : spurs in the playoffs

rickross
02-10-2011, 06:35 AM
what do you think?

rickross
02-10-2011, 06:36 AM
i think they depend on their o too much and will be exposed.

Venti Quattro
02-10-2011, 07:23 AM
i feel they're going to do well in the playoffs but i still like my team's chances in the finals

Blake
02-10-2011, 09:34 AM
it all depends on the health of Splitter

rascal
02-10-2011, 09:36 AM
They will lose in the WC finals.

Cry Havoc
02-10-2011, 09:40 AM
i feel they're going to do well in the playoffs but i still like my team's chances in the finals

Was that before or after Buss hit the panic button and started chasing Melo? You've got the next Duncan playing center for you, but now you want to dump him. Isn't that interesting?

Dice
02-10-2011, 09:43 AM
I'm hoping for a ring. I have a pretty good idea what the Spurs are capable of but don't know yet if the Lakers have really shown what they're truely capable of.

Boston will also be a tough series if the Spurs make it to the finals. If for some reason the Heat are waiting for them, I like our chances.

BlairForceDejuan
02-10-2011, 09:47 AM
I voted ring, but tbh I see the Celts taking it this year.

Halberto
02-10-2011, 09:52 AM
I voted ring, but tbh I see the Celts taking it this year.

This.

Sorry Laker fans, you need to face it. It would take a considerable turn around for the Lakers to beat the Spurs. Your team wasn't dominant last year, and thats not good considering they look like a shell of last years team.

in2deep
02-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Anything other than reaching the Finals would be epic, epic failure

Killakobe81
02-10-2011, 09:57 AM
LOL Sounds like the Cavs fans of the past couple years in here ...I expect Lakers to take out Spurs in 6 tough games ...Celts are the faves unless Lebron reaches the last level "early" ...

ohmwrecker
02-10-2011, 09:57 AM
wWJqt0u_TCs

in2deep
02-10-2011, 10:00 AM
LOL Sounds like the Cavs fans of the past couple years in here ...I expect Lakers to take out Spurs in 6 tough games ...Celts are the faves unless Lebron reaches the last level "early" ...

read the thread again. No spursfan posted that the ring is guaranteed.

ohmwrecker
02-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Nothing is guaranteed, but anyone who is not treating the Spurs as a threat at this point, is a fool.

Dr Cox
02-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Was that before or after Buss hit the panic button and started chasing Melo? You've got the next Duncan playing center for you, but now you want to dump him. Isn't that interesting?

The next Duncan? ummm no :lol

coyotes_geek
02-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Conference finals at a minimum with as good a shot at a ring as anyone who will be left at that point.

Killakobe81
02-10-2011, 11:14 AM
read the thread again. No spursfan posted that the ring is guaranteed.

Never said that anyone did ...why are Spur fans here lately making assumptions on my posts? And my comments were not about this thread there are plenty of others ... fact remains Spur fans have reasons to be confident and hopeful about this playoffs because of HCA and the rate they are racking up wins.
Laker fans have reasons to also be cocky because we have proven we can win the last 3 seasons ...we shall see who is correct. I think the WCF can be epic on the court and on this site ...LOL

Killakobe81
02-10-2011, 11:17 AM
This.

Sorry Laker fans, you need to face it. It would take a considerable turn around for the Lakers to beat the Spurs. Your team wasn't dominant last year, and thats not good considering they look like a shell of last years team.

Oh, and this ...

Bito Corleone
02-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Saddens me to say that I think the Spurs will lose in the Finals to the Celts. If they luck out and draw the Magic or Heat then I'd say :lobt

Killakobe81
02-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Anything other than reaching the Finals would be epic, epic failure

LOL and this ...though far from a garuntee you basically dismissed the Lakers and the Mavs ...but I dont blame you ...you guys are rollin' ...

jjktkk
02-10-2011, 11:26 AM

But, unlike the Cavs, the Spurs know what it takes to win the ring.

in2deep
02-10-2011, 11:38 AM
LOL and this ...though far from a garuntee you basically dismissed the Lakers and the Mavs ...but I dont blame you ...you guys are rollin' ...

I'm sorry your reading comprehension is lacking. How is this dismissing anyone??? :bang

all I am saying is if a team that was 43-8 midseason and top seed in the league at the end possibly winning 63-67 games, maybe even top 5 record in league history, and assembled with proven champs Pop, Duncan, Manu + Parker. if that team fails to make the Finals, it is an epic failure for that team.

again, reading comprehension. :downspin:

jjktkk
02-10-2011, 11:50 AM
I think the WCF can be epic on the court and on this site ...LOL

Can't wait to see the board after whoever comes out of the the West. Talk about the parting of the red sea from the real fans and the bandwagon fans on here.

Xylus
02-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Spurs better watch out, their road to the Finals won't be easy. The three teams most likely to get the 8th seed are all formidable. Portland has been a problem for the Spurs in recent times, Memphis has a great starting 5 and has turned into a winning team, and Phoenix can still be deadly if they get on a roll.

DMC
02-10-2011, 01:03 PM
It does bring up an interesting note however: In the past few years, teams that have done really well in the regular season have not fared as well in the post season. That seems to be a fairly new phenomena. Is that because teams today are more likely to push offense in transition than to set up a half court, grind it out game? Do other teams find ways in just a game or two to counter the offense of their opponents?

Strange these days. In the not so distant past, teams with the best record in the league were good defensive teams. These days it seems offensive teams take that role. Could officiating be playing a part? League rule changes that favor up tempo offense? Fewer real centers in the league?

The Spurs had the league best record in 05-06 and lost in the semi-finals. Teams have lost in the conference finals before with the best record (Boston comes to mind), but recently it seems more and more that teams blow through the regular season and hit roadblocks in the form of other teams in the playoffs.

What gives?

ChrisRichards
02-10-2011, 01:16 PM
WCF, I don't think they'll beat the Lakers TBH. Lakers are still the deeper and better team.

DMC
02-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Actually I've counted like 40 losses and 33 wins for regular season leaders over the years.

Maybe off a few numbers one way or the other.

TheMACHINE
02-10-2011, 01:20 PM
This.

lol did you just say the celtics win it all (including beating your Spurs) then turn around to bash the lakers? LOL...you got your priorities all wrong.

badfish22
02-10-2011, 01:23 PM

:lol Venti gives respect to the Spurs, and just states that he has confidence in his team (the back to back champs), and you still act like a jackass.

history2b
02-10-2011, 01:27 PM
This is what I think:

1 of 2 things will happen guaranteed.

1) The Spurs will continue there tear through the regular season and position themselves as the #1 overall seed in the NBA. That would only set up even greater disappointment in Spurs land.

Spurs don't play playoff basketball

- rely too heavily on the 3p shot
- no low post game
- team defense is spotty at best
- no legit superstar to take over games
- overly reliant on deep rotation

So when they meet a team that slows the game down, plays tough team D they will be exposed for all the things they lack. Happens every year to the pretender teams that run through the regular season chucking 3s.

- Cleveland the last 2 years
- Suns throughout the last 6 years
- Mavs, etc. etc

or 2) Ginobili or Duncan suffers a marginal injury before seasons end and then all the excuses come about from Spurs fans how this would have been title #5 blah blah blah if this never happened. They would have become the first chucker team in history to win a title... right!

DJB
02-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Portland has been a problem for the Spurs in recent times, Memphis has a great starting 5 and has turned into a winning team, and Phoenix can still be deadly if they get on a roll.

Really?

rickross
02-10-2011, 02:52 PM
This is what I think:

1) The Spurs will continue there tear through the regular season and position themselves as the #1 overall seed in the NBA. That would only set up even greater disappointment in Spurs land.

- no low post game

So when they meet a team that slows the game down, plays tough team D they will be exposed for all the things they lack. Happens every year to the pretender teams that run through the regular season chucking 3s.

- Mavs, etc. etc

or 2) Ginobili or Duncan suffers a marginal injury before seasons end and then all the excuses come about from Spurs fans how this would have been title #5 blah blah blah if this never happened. They would have become the first chucker team in history to win a title... right!

god bless.

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-10-2011, 02:58 PM
WCF, wouldn't be suprised by a second round defeat though.

in2deep
02-10-2011, 02:59 PM
This is what I think:

- no low post game

- Mavs, etc. etc

first of, scenario 2, could happen to any team. so irrelevant

on scenario 1:
Spurs have always relied on 3, check our previous 3 championships
- no low post game
Lakers have Gasol, Spurs have Tim Duncan
Spurs have comparable D to Lakers
Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker
Yes that is a bad thing, :lmao

ElNono
02-10-2011, 03:11 PM
This is what I think:

lol Spurs #8 seed... :lmao

z0sa
02-10-2011, 03:13 PM
This is what I think:

.... the rest of your bullshit

Epic Failure.

history2b
02-10-2011, 03:15 PM
lol Spurs #8 seed... :lmao

That wasn't a guarantee, that was a projection.

ohmwrecker
02-10-2011, 03:17 PM

You're such a weasel.

history2b
02-10-2011, 03:19 PM
first of, scenario 2, could happen to any team. so irrelevant

on scenario 1:
Spurs have always relied on 3, check our previous 3 championships
- no low post game
Lakers have Gasol, Spurs have Tim Duncan
Spurs have comparable D to Lakers
Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker
Yes that is a bad thing, :lmao

1) Not as much as this season. Tim was the focus of the offense before, now he's not. Earlier you had both Tim and David. Now you have a shell of Tim aka, 7 and 7 because that's all he's really good for on any given night, 7 points and 7 boards

2) Lol @ 7 and 7 and ignoring the fact that the Lakers have Bynum and Gasol both of whom can outperform 7 and 7

3) You don't have the length down low nor the star caliber defenders like Artest and Kobe on the perimeter. Nothing like the Lakers.

4) HAahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahh ahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahah ahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahhahaha

5) For the playoffs when teams tighten their rotations down to 8 man teams, sure, it can be a problem.

history2b
02-10-2011, 03:19 PM
You're such a weasel.

I didn't come out and say "I guarantee the Spurs will get the 8th seed."

How do you not understand the difference?

ohmwrecker
02-10-2011, 03:21 PM
I didn't come out and say "I guarantee the Spurs will get the 8th seed."

How do you not understand the difference?

Name something you've been right about since coming to Spurstalk. Be specific and provide links.

z0sa
02-10-2011, 03:22 PM

An incredibly epic failure of a projection that couldn't possibly be more wrong unless you stated (you did) that the Spurs would be irrelevant and not even make the playoffs.

FkLA
02-10-2011, 03:23 PM
finals arent a lock, but im pretty confident theyll get there

i fear the Cs tho tbh...so wheres the finals option?? still wouldve voted ring regardless but just saying

Bartleby
02-10-2011, 03:29 PM
WCF, I don't think they'll beat the Lakers TBH. Lakers are still the deeper and better team.

Better? Maybe, but they haven't shown to be the better team so far this season

Deeper? Really? Even most of the Lakers fans will probably disagree with you on that one.

history2b
02-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Name something you've been right about since coming to Spurstalk. Be specific and provide links.

Spurs fans are the most clueless overzealous delusional homers on the face of the planet.

z0sa
02-10-2011, 03:30 PM
lol can't name a single thing he's been right about

history2b
02-10-2011, 03:31 PM
An incredibly epic failure of a projection that couldn't possibly be more wrong unless you stated (you did) that the Spurs would be irrelevant and not even make the playoffs.

So the Spurs are playing better than I expected... DARN!

Still not relevant in the bigger picture of things as no contender fears that small 3p chucking disaster waiting to happen.

ohmwrecker
02-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Spurs fans are the most clueless overzealous delusional homers on the face of the planet.

So, . . . nothing, then?

z0sa
02-10-2011, 03:32 PM
So the Spurs are playing better than I expected... DARN!

Yeah, exactly, even you LOL @ you, dumbass.

Still not relevant in the bigger picture of things as no contender fears that small 3p chucking disaster waiting to happen.

2-0 bitch.

history2b
02-10-2011, 03:38 PM
So, . . . nothing, then?

I've talked about the Magical Ping Pong Ball Era being unlikely to ever be reproduced by the franchise.

Hakeem Olajuwon absolutely destroying David Cake Boy Robinson in humiliating fashion in 1995.

Hakeem being the superior big man to Tim Duncan.

The Lakers being the superior franchise to the Spurs in this or any era of the NBA.

Hmmm, I'd have to think a little more about topics I've discussed here beyond those...

history2b
02-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Yeah, exactly, even you LOL @ you, dumbass.

2-0 bitch.

The regular season is meaningless.

The Lakers and Spurs are 71-70 in the regular season

but 34-18 in the post season head to head, both in the Lakers favor.

If you cannot deduct a reasonable level of logic from that I can't help you any further.

z0sa
02-10-2011, 03:41 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

those are OPINIONS and OBSERVATIONS you silly fuck. They can't be proven right or wrong, only factual.

bostonguy
02-10-2011, 03:42 PM

That is a pretty retarded comment. It won't matter what level Bron reaches. If the Celts are healthy and have a frontcourt advantage, they will be in the finals. The Heat aren't beating a healthy Celts team considering their front court will be quite inferior to Boston's. You aren't beating the Celts with a frontcourt of Bosh/Damp/Z/Anthony. Lebron's level won't cover that up.

tlongII
02-10-2011, 03:43 PM
One and done for the Spurs.

bostonguy
02-10-2011, 03:44 PM
As for the thread, the spurs will lose in the WCF to the Lakers.

Blake
02-10-2011, 03:44 PM
This is what I think:

Spurs are 9th in the league averaging 20.6 three point attempts per game.

Lakers are currently tied for 12th with several teams averaging 18.5 three point attempts per game.

This is what I think: you are stupid.

z0sa
02-10-2011, 03:47 PM
The regular season is meaningless.

2-0 contributing to HCA through the playoffs says you're an idiot.

DMC
02-10-2011, 03:49 PM
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l482/DMCSPURS/lance-armstrong1copy.jpg

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l482/DMCSPURS/FightingHardcopy.jpg

Just a refresher

rickross
02-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Spurs are 9th in the league averaging 20.6 three point attempts per game.

Lakers are currently tied for 12th with several teams averaging 18.5 three point attempts per game.

This is what I think: you are stupid.

yet lost to magic(daam !!) and celts (even da choke job wouldnt be nuff).
Seriously i like da spurs but dey not playin champ basketball especially on D. In a 7 games series dis shit gon hurt alot. Jus sayin.

Blake
02-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Seriously i like da spurs but dey not playin champ basketball especially on D. In a 7 games series dis shit gon hurt alot. Jus sayin.

Lakers were 10th last year in FGA.

they also had 20 three point attempts in game 7 last years against the Celtics.

not really sure what you are sayin

I'm jus sayin that history2b is stupid.

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2011, 04:56 PM
I don't know how I feel about the Spurs' chances yet..if they lose to LA, it would be a disappointment IMO, because they should have the confidence and the talent to beat the Lakers in a 7-game series IMO..the Lakers' are still the favorites though..

I do find it funny when Lakers fans make certain statements about the Spurs..

"The Spurs' D sucks"..

San Antonio's D is #7 in the NBA, LA's D is #8..this is despite the fact that the Spurs' have had the 9th toughest schedule in the NBA(from an SOS standpoint), and the Lakers' schedule is #28..

As Blake alluded to, the Spurs' don't even rely on 3-point shooting that much more than the Lakers do, surprisingly..they also aren't even that far apart in shot attempts inside the paint..

history2b
02-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Lakers were 10th last year in FGA.

they also had 20 three point attempts in game 7 last years against the Celtics.

not really sure what you are sayin

I'm jus sayin that history2b is stupid.

Haha...

"Me no like history2b... grunt grunt. He say Spur no good than Laker. He stupid."

Whatever fucktard, I'll be here in June saying the exact same thing and you won't have a damn thing to say because like all Spurs fans, when it comes down to it, you're nothing but a frontrunning pussy who pounds his chest when your team looks good in the regular season.

Tp9gospursgo
02-10-2011, 06:23 PM
I don't know how I feel about the Spurs' chances yet..if they lose to LA, it would be a disappointment IMO, because they should have the confidence and the talent to beat the Lakers in a 7-game series IMO..the Lakers' are still the favorites though..

"The Spurs' D sucks"..

San Antonio's D is #7 in the NBA, LA's D is #8..this is despite the fact that the Spurs' have had the 9th toughest schedule in the NBA(from an SOS standpoint), and the Lakers' schedule is #28..

As Blake alluded to, the Spurs' don't even rely on 3-point shooting that much more than the Lakers do, surprisingly..they also aren't even that far apart in shot attempts inside the paint..

:tu pwnt every laker fan on here.

TD 21
02-10-2011, 06:30 PM

"The Spurs' D sucks"..

Also, it's with Duncan playing 29 mpg. Presuming he plays roughly 36 mpg in the playoffs, that right there makes the Spurs a better defensive team. At this point, I don't think he will, but if Splitter eventually finds a spot in the rotation, that too makes them better defensively and the same goes for Anderson (though to a lesser extent in his case).

I expect a championship and did before the season started (check Kori's season predictions thread if you want confirmation). Whatever you think of the team, when the team you go for is 44-8 and is eleven deep in rotation quality players, plus features many of the elements past champions have, how can you not like their chances?

There's four contenders and their have been since before the season even commenced. The Magic, Mavs and even Bulls, were never contenders. Only it's taken up until the past few weeks for many to figure this out.

From most likely to least likely to win it . . . 1. Spurs, 2. Celtics, 3. Lakers, 4. Heat.

history2b
02-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Well being that there is no legitimate quantitative way to decipher who is #7 or #8 defensively in the league it's hardly a subject to argue on the internet.

I have no clue what site / ranking system that was cited to begin with but I know it is all flawed and none of it matters come playoff time.

SA dropped off the map last season and has improved this season but lacks both a perimeter stopper and shot blocking threats. Doesn't matter how many times they beat the Raptors and Grizzlies in the 82 game preseason. It's all about matchup in a 7 game series.

I'll take my 12 guys defensively over your 12 guys any day of the week.

m33p0
02-10-2011, 06:41 PM

so says the uninformed lakers homer.

ElNono
02-10-2011, 06:42 PM
I have no clue

Muser
02-10-2011, 06:46 PM
SA dropped off the map last season and has improved this season but lacks both a perimeter stopper and shot blocking threats.

Duncan is 7th in the league in blocks, and .08 behind Dwight Howard. So yeah, i'm pretty sure the Spurs do have a good shot blocking threat.

Killakobe81
02-10-2011, 06:51 PM
That is a pretty retarded comment. It won't matter what level Bron reaches. If the Celts are healthy and have a frontcourt advantage, they will be in the finals. The Heat aren't beating a healthy Celts team considering their front court will be quite inferior to Boston's. You aren't beating the Celts with a frontcourt of Bosh/Damp/Z/Anthony. Lebron's level won't cover that up.

How is that a retarded statement? Please enlighten me? I said that you guys are teh faves of the whole NBA so chill on the name calling ...genius:wow

In 2008 vs. your best and deepest team (3 years younger), Lebron willed a weaker and younger Cavs team to a game 7 against you guys with Posey, Pierce and Tony allen to take turns guarding Lebron ...

Lebron is BETTER than he was then and has Wade and Bosh ...again I would still bet on you guys ...but if Lebron takes it up one more level ...you telling me there is NO WAY he has a shot? I bet your boy Bill simmmons diasagrees with that sentiment.

Again, I am no Lebron fanboi ...but we better hope for the sake of the NBA Lebron never realizes his full potential ...or we are looking at MJ 2.0
I have some doubt he will get there but if he does ...

history2b
02-10-2011, 06:51 PM
SO WAIT, YOU'D RATHER HAVE STEVE BLAKE DEFENSIVELY THAN GEORGE HILL OFF THE BENCH? :lmao

OR GASOFT OVER DUNCAN? AND LOL AT DUNCAN NOT BEING A SHOT BLOCKING THREAT...

BY THE WAY DON'T DISS MANU AS A DEFENSIVE FORCE EITHER HE SHUT KOBE DOWN FOR THE MOST PART BOTH TIMES ALONG WITH HILL...AND RJ CAN TURN UP THE D WHEN HE NEEDS TO...

Lol, yeah Manu Ginobili the defensive stopper. Now I've heard it all on Spurstalk.

Again, the statement I made was that I'd take my 12 guys over your 12 guys. Only posters who can comprehend respond please.

All caps typing muthafucka needs to check himself before he wrecks himself.

history2b
02-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Duncan is 7th in the league in blocks, and .08 behind Dwight Howard. So yeah, i'm pretty sure the Spurs do have a good shot blocking threat.

Lol, Duncan's pretty horrible now. Moreover protecting the rim involves more than shots blocked, it's about altered shots (which aren't recorded) and general hesitation to attack the rim (Dwight in the middle).

Gasol's not too far behind Duncan is he? Not sure but his numbers are usually close, something I don't pay much attention to because it does not tell the story of how defense is really played.

Lakers defensive presence is Andrew Bynum, not Gasol.

history2b
02-10-2011, 07:00 PM
so says the uninformed lakers homer.

Uninformed, lol.

Cessation
02-10-2011, 07:00 PM
lol comparing duncan's to gasofts, this troll keeps getting owned

history2b
02-10-2011, 07:02 PM
On defense:

Duncan > Gasol
Blair < Bynum, but Dejuan's getting better
Manu = Kobe, they pretty much cancel each other out
Parker > Fisher
RJ < Artest still, but Artest is a guy you can sag off on if you're RJ
Hill >>>> Blake
Neal = Brown
McDyess >> Odom
Bonner << Barnes (if he gets healthy)

Those are likely the only guys that will see minutes in the playoffs...unless Phil decides to use Luke Walton, in that case he'll get burned on defense every time.

Isn't this elementary attempt to reduce the concept of team defense to a series of >'s and <'s next to players names cute.

Unbelievably stupid and ignorant but cute. For a 3rd grader maybe...

Your level of ignorance doesn't warrant a legitimate rebuttal. All I'll leave for you is a big :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao at Manu = Kobe. That shit made me laugh.

Killakobe81
02-10-2011, 07:03 PM
On defense:

Duncan > Gasol
Blair < Bynum, but Dejuan's getting better
Manu = Kobe, they pretty much cancel each other out
Parker > Fisher
RJ < Artest still, but Artest is a guy you can sag off on if you're RJ
Hill >>>> Blake
Neal = Brown
McDyess >> Odom
Bonner << Barnes (if he gets healthy)

Those are likely the only guys that will see minutes in the playoffs...unless Phil decides to use Luke Walton, in that case he'll get burned on defense every time.

LOL Parker better than fisher defensively ...at what?
Maybe at staying in front of a quick guard but that is about it ... Id much rather have fisher fight through a screen, take charges or come up with a key steal or rebound ...

LMAO at Neal=Brown ...brown is not a lockdown guy but he is a better defender than Neal who gambles way too much ...

history2b
02-10-2011, 07:04 PM
lol comparing duncan's to gasofts, this troll keeps getting owned

I love how you morons keep talking about "getting owned"

How was Duncan's defense against the Suns, the last playoff series he played, a few months back? Must have been superstar level based on the comments in this thread...

history2b
02-10-2011, 07:06 PM
I'll laugh at you harder for saying Kobe's any kind of a good defender...

I really don't have to say anything.

His resume and game speaks for itself. Anyone comparing Manu to Kobe should be banned from posting on NBA related message boards for life.

Killakobe81
02-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Fisher flops like a fish, 'nuff said. The refs still give him the benefit of the whistle every damn time and it's fucking annoying just like whenever you catch a fish and it eats the bait and falls off the hook.

Fisher couldn't stay in front of a turtle on its path to the hoop.

Neal=Brown as far as defensive impact, neither of them are going to play more than 10-15 minutes in any game that's not a total whitewash in the playoffs so it's pretty much a draw there.

Sure, Fisher is a flopper but he does it well ...any team with Manu can not complain about floppers ...ever ...

Ghazi
02-10-2011, 07:16 PM
guitardude27

history2b
02-10-2011, 07:17 PM
At least Manu doesn't flop like a bitch. And use his daughter's eyecancer surgery as an excuse to get his sheltered ass back to the Lakers just so he can have Kobe's dick again.

WTF are you talking about??

He only knows how to flop like the bitch that he is. Fish takes hits and gives it back out like a man. See Scola.

Manu throws himself wayward even with no contact precisely because he is a bonafide pussy.

history2b
02-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Didn't your dad ever teach you right from wrong?

It takes a big man to fight.
It takes a bigger man, however, not to.

No one fought anyone. This is basketball, something your dad apparently didn't teach you, pussy.

But I can see why a pussy fan would like a pussy player.

redzero
02-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Excuse me, Mr. Grand Wizard, but Manu is quite prolific for his flopping.

history2b
02-10-2011, 07:30 PM
I taught myself how to play basketball, pussy. How's that for being a pussy, pussy.

That explains a lot.

I really shouldn't waste any more time arguing with a clueless tween, it's almost game time...

ElNono
02-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Sure, Fisher is a flopper but he does it well ...any team with Manu can not complain about floppers ...ever ...

:cry :cry :cry Manu is a classy flopper :cry :cry :cry

Chieflion
02-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Fisher better than Parker defensively. I have heard it all.

Roger Freemason Jr.
02-10-2011, 09:06 PM

The Celtics are the best team in the league right now, getting as close as we did to winning is nothing to be ashamed of, that game doesn't tell us how the outcome of a series would be, all it tells us is that it would be neck and neck the entire time. As for the Magic, they're a good team, and believe it or not, good teams win against other good teams sometimes.

I don't think you know what you're talking about, The Spurs' are still top 10 in defense, 6 in offense averaging 103 a game, and 1st in 100+ point games won.
& there's still alot of season left to improve. Btw, The Spurs are well equipped for the playoffs, because they know what it takes to win.

Blake
02-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Haha...

"Me no like history2b... grunt grunt. He say Spur no good than Laker. He stupid."

Whatever fucktard, I'll be here in June saying the exact same thing and you won't have a damn thing to say because like all Spurs fans, when it comes down to it, you're nothing but a frontrunning pussy who pounds his chest when your team looks good in the regular season.

fucktard trolls usually meltdown and start dropping fucktard pussy bombs when their arguments get torched.

further confirmation you are stupid.

you also sound suspiciously like BRHornet without the son.

ezau
02-10-2011, 10:45 PM
It all depends if Bonner can channel his inner Michael Jordan.

ezau
02-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Spurs better watch out, their road to the Finals won't be easy. The three teams most likely to get the 8th seed are all formidable. Portland has been a problem for the Spurs in recent times, Memphis has a great starting 5 and has turned into a winning team, and Phoenix can still be deadly if they get on a roll.

Fuck the Skunker:lol:lol

GoodOdor
02-10-2011, 10:49 PM
The scary thing is that the spurs defense has the potential to get more than a little better....hell, just by playing Duncan 4-5 extra minutes it will get better. Their offense is already one of the best in the league.

With that being said, couple of things the spurs have to be worried about: I think dick/neal/manu won't be shooting the 3 as well as they have been in the regular season..everything slows down in the playoffs. Bonner is pretty much guaranteed to choke, so you won't be seeing 50% 3 point shooting from him anymore.

Still. the spurs look very impressive.

rascal
02-14-2011, 12:48 PM
This is what I think:

- no low post game

- Mavs, etc. etc

Agree.

Killakobe81
02-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Fisher better than Parker defensively. I have heard it all.

i never said that, only id rather have fisher defensively: the flops, the charges and the timely steals come playoff time. regular season, maybe Parker is better defensively ...i just never been impressed with his defense ..but his offense? great drives improved mid-range game ... overall (offense and defense) he is better than Fisher ...

Rummpd
02-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Every team with a similar start through the first 52 games won a ring and this is not a team without championship cred and to have a 46 and 9 record playing their big three less than 32 minutes a game each is absolutely stunning.

To be fair the NBA is stacked with 6-7 legit title candidate teams and what I love about the Spurs chances is it looks like the Mavs and LAL will play each other first. I believe the Mavs will knock out LAL setting up a rematch of the TX powers for the WCF

LOL of the Heat teams fans smack when they ain't proved nothing with their big three with one ring among them or wilts ever time Boston goes at them in the closing minutes on both sides of the ball.

I for one would love to see the Spurs play the Heat in the finals - despite all the calls that would undoubtedly go towards the Heat - Spurs would win that series easier than over Boston.

Spurs have 3 true PROVEN TITLE X 3 together superstars and 10 titles among their big three - and also have the one superstar in the game Absolutely in Duncan proven to ramp it up inside in the playoffs = so bring on the haters or doubters!

For all the doubters about the Spurs on defense or offense - they actually shoot 9th in the leauge in 3 point attempts and only a few more than the Lakers or many other contenders but make many more - see thread about that and are ahead of the Lakers in defensive team efficiency at this point of the season. Spurs are 2nd in offense and 7th in defensive efficiency and definetely can play any style of basketball.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats

Rummpd
02-14-2011, 08:55 PM

Lakers a deeper team - what are you on??? Lakers only go 7 or 8 deep at best this year.

TampaDude
02-14-2011, 10:27 PM
:lobt: :lobt: :lobt: :lobt: :lobt2:

'nuff said...

DMC
02-16-2012, 12:43 PM
z0sa

z0sa
02-16-2012, 12:47 PM
z0sa

i didn't vote in this poll nor even bring up the spurs chances in this thread.. WTF? :lol

or the one in the spurs forum right now, actually. I give the spurs A chance, didn't call them favorites, barely even consider them contenders at this point though they're improving.

i'm in your head and i don't even know why.

DMC
02-16-2012, 03:13 PM
i didn't vote in this poll nor even bring up the spurs chances in this thread.. WTF? :lol

or the one in the spurs forum right now, actually. I give the spurs A chance, didn't call them favorites, barely even consider them contenders at this point though they're improving.

i'm in your head and i don't even know why.
:lmao

z0sa
02-16-2012, 03:14 PM
:lol are you laughing at how stupid you are?

z0sa
02-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Whatever fucktard, I'll be here in June

and DMC is defending this pussy motherfucker :rollin

Proxy
02-16-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't see any reason why the Spurs shouldn't be favorites to get out of the West at this current time.

jjktkk
02-16-2012, 03:32 PM
I don't see any reason why the Spurs shouldn't be favorites to get out of the West at this current time.

Favorites? One of a few in the West. Still have to get thru Dallas, OKC, and the Lakers.

Spur_Fanatic
02-16-2012, 03:53 PM

He stayed till June?

stretch
02-16-2012, 04:50 PM

lack of defense?

id say thats a pretty big reason they arent favorites in any way

Hoops Czar
02-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Spurs are in the same boat as they were last year... kill it during the regular season by winning your home games and beating sub par teams on the road and then hold out hope for the overall #1 seed in the playoffs. Then it simple, advance through the playoffs by winning your home games because the second they lose a home game, the season is over.

Proxy
02-16-2012, 05:12 PM
lack of defense?

id say thats a pretty big reason they arent favorites in any way

Sure, I can't disagree. The defense is here and there. Consistency would be nice, but it usually shows up in the big games and is inconsistent in trap games.

Part of it is the Spurs playing good without Manu, getting Manu back, and dominating OKC during the streak. Another part is DAL and LA taking steps back from last year.

That being said... the OKC game was an anomaly with TP playing that good... and I said "at the current time." What does playing well in the middle of the season even mean? Almost nothing.

Hoops Czar
02-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Sure, I can't disagree. The defense is here and there. Consistency would be nice, but it usually shows up in the big games and is inconsistent in trap games.

Part of it is the Spurs playing good without Manu, getting Manu back, and dominating OKC during the streak. Another part is DAL and LA taking steps back from last year.

That being said... the OKC game was an anomaly with TP playing that good... and I said "at the current time." What does playing well in the middle of the season even mean? Almost nothing.

Since when is houston and miami trap games?

WeNeedLength
02-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Spurs are in the same boat as they were last year... kill it during the regular season by winning your home games and beating sub par teams on the road and then hold out hope for the overall #1 seed in the playoffs. Then it simple, advance through the playoffs by winning your home games because the second they lose a home game, the season is over.

Bool Cory Stro.

DMC
02-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Nah, you know better. I don't give a shit about him. Dude laid it out for you and you went "nuh uh" and got shit on.

Now you are going down that path again. Some people never learn.

It's funny to watch The Calculator work tbh.

Proxy
02-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Since when is houston and miami trap games?

You know, there's a difference in 'always' and 'usually.' Perhaps you should read more.

Texas_Ranger
02-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Yea it save to say that we'll win a ring with a big that is probably top 10 dumbest player in the league and a big that dissappears in the playoffs.

I say 2nd round.

Blake
02-16-2012, 05:59 PM
This year's playoff success/failure will depend on Bonner.

Like every year, tbh.

Hoops Czar
02-16-2012, 06:00 PM
You know, there's a difference in 'always' and 'usually.' Perhaps you should read more.

They come up big at home but very rarely ever come up big on the road. And don't go philly and orlando on me. Philly's coming back down to earth and the spurs did everything they could to lose in orlando and the magic one-upped them.

Proxy
02-16-2012, 06:28 PM
They come up big at home but very rarely ever come up big on the road. And don't go philly and orlando on me. Philly's coming back down to earth and the spurs did everything they could to lose in orlando and the magic one-upped them.

So you want to ignore Manu being out? TJ being out? That's the best player on the team and the only back up PG that plays... and you want to tell me that the ORL and PHI games don't mean anything?

We all hoped SA would keep around .500 until Manu returned. They exceeded expectations by far. We'll see how they do on this upcoming stint... @Clips, Blazers, Nugs, and Jazz.

Robz4000
02-16-2012, 06:44 PM
If the Spurs finish the RRT at 9-0 (or even 8-1) they should be favorites to get to the WCF. They won't be winning shit this year but getting that far would be reasonable. If MIA or CHI happen to suffer massive injury(ies) then there could be a chance.

Hoops Czar
02-16-2012, 06:47 PM
So you want to ignore Manu being out? TJ being out? That's the best player on the team and the only back up PG that plays... and you want to tell me that the ORL and PHI games don't mean anything?

We all hoped SA would keep around .500 until Manu returned. They exceeded expectations by far. We'll see how they do on this upcoming stint... @Clips, Blazers, Nugs, and Jazz.

First of all, i'm not ignoring anything. Manu's the best all around spurs but he goes through hit or miss stretches and ford is a scrub. I see similarities between this years spurs team and last years spurs team.... great at home and par on the road. Defensively, the last two games vs. Detroit and Toronto were embarrassing defensively and without significant improvement and commitment on the defensive end going forward, they won't last long in the postseason. And you touched on inconsistency,which can ultimately lead to bad habits that can derail a season.

Reallistically, i'm hoping they can win 3 of the remaining 4 on the road trip.

ogait
02-16-2012, 06:49 PM
If by some kind of unforeseen set of events Manu is healthy in the playoffs a WCF isn't that much of an unrealistic scenario, but no further than that imo.

Most likely scenario, he will break some never heard of bone in one random/meaningless play, and the Spurs will loose the first series they have to play after that.

Sportstudi
02-16-2012, 08:00 PM
Also, it's with Duncan playing 29 mpg. Presuming he plays roughly 36 mpg in the playoffs, that right there makes the Spurs a better defensive team. At this point, I don't think he will, but if Splitter eventually finds a spot in the rotation, that too makes them better defensively and the same goes for Anderson (though to a lesser extent in his case).

I expect a championship and did before the season started (check Kori's season predictions thread if you want confirmation). Whatever you think of the team, when the team you go for is 44-8 and is eleven deep in rotation quality players, plus features many of the elements past champions have, how can you not like their chances?

There's four contenders and their have been since before the season even commenced. The Magic, Mavs and even Bulls, were never contenders. Only it's taken up until the past few weeks for many to figure this out.

From most likely to least likely to win it . . . 1. Spurs, 2. Celtics, 3. Lakers, 4. Heat.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

MavDynasty
02-16-2012, 08:08 PM
:lmao TD 21 showing again why he is a stupid fuck who can't ever be taken seriously