02-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Or yester-year's Jeff Foster?
Discuss...

lefty
02-10-2011, 01:18 PM
David Lee doesnt do stat padding in the 4th quarter to get double-doubles

DMC
02-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Not sure. Kevin Love is on a team where he's the only option most of the time. He's a solid player, but he didn't impress me in the FIBA games.

However, as many shitty teams that have existed in the past 20 or so years, why hasn't anyone else hit the 30/30 mark or done what KLove has done? You cannot tell me other players don't pad stats.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-10-2011, 01:28 PM
He's the Troy Murphy of three or four years ago.

FkLA
02-10-2011, 01:38 PM
A supped up version of David Lee, incredibly overrated by fans that simply look at numbers. Ive been saying this for months...

The fact that he has a great knack for rebounding, and is without a doubt one of the best rebounders in years is indisputable...but can anyone bring up a solid argument as to why this guy is even remotely close to being a franchise player? Or how he would even come close to sniffing an all-star game if he was on a legit team? The guy excels at one thing. One thing.

I know nobody actually watches Twolve games, but their offense doesnt even run through this guy. He's not a guy you go to in the post because he'll draw double teams and make his teammates better...he get his points alot like Marion got his when he was putting up 20-10 with Phoenix. Except he gets alot of his off of offensive rebounds and assisted jumpshots wheras Marion got his in the fastbreak and assisted jumpshots. Neither player has/had many plays run for them though.

Easily the most overrated player in the league. He put up a 30-30 game, thats great and historic but that doesnt make him an elite player. Blair had two 20-20 games last season as a rookie on a good team, but other than in the eyes of a few Spurs homers that never made him the second coming of Moses Malone.

Give me Aldrige, ZBo, and Kardashian over this guy for the all-star game. Even Scola tbh.

jjktkk
02-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Great rebounder, great scorer on a shitty team. Top ten pf? Nothing wrong with that imo. Imagine if Love was on a decent playoff team. Who wouldn't want Love?

Crytek
02-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Neither...he is one of the best rebounders (OF ALL TIME!), trailing only Rodman.... and Love is a good threepointshooter - when assisted -, too. A franchise guy he isn't, but pretty close to being one of the best roleplayers; way better than Lee and Foster at that. You'll have a hard time winning with him as your best player (pretty obvious), probably even second, but as your third or fourth best, count the rings.

Does that mean he won't get near max deals like Lee? - Nah, he'll get plenty of cash.

FkLA
02-10-2011, 01:54 PM
not even that tbh, a great scorer would entail that dude can create shots on his own...which he cant. most of his points are assisted jumpshots/3s or garbage man points off offensive rebounds.

DMC
02-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Love isn't a role player. He'd be a starter and a go to guy on a good team. Doesn't have to be franchise to not be a role player.

FkLA
02-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Because of his ability to rebound and solid shot, starting is very likely. But how would he be a go to guy, especially for a good team, when he has no post-game and is very limited when it comes to creating his own shot??Blair can create shots for himself in the post and off the dribble better than this guy. On a championship caliber team Love is a third option at best imo.

Mugen
02-10-2011, 02:03 PM
overrated.

DMC
02-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Because of his ability to rebound and solid shot, starting is very likely. But how would he be a go to guy, especially for a good team, when he has no post-game and is very limited when it comes to creating his own shot??Blair can create shots for himself in the post and off the dribble better than this guy. On a championship caliber team Love is a third option at best imo.
I believe I said something like that. Third option is still go to guy. If Tim, Tony and Manu are all on the floor, one has to be a 3rd option. Neither are role players.

jjktkk
02-10-2011, 02:09 PM
not even that tbh, a great scorer would entail that dude can create shots on his own...which he cant. most of his points are assisted jumpshots/3s or garbage man points off offensive rebounds.

You are correct about great scorer. My bad. But consistant scorer. Whether its garbage points or not, he consistantly gets them. Love is 6 games off from tying Moses Malone's record of consecutive double doubles (44). A above average player could not put up these numbers that Love has.

Kyle Orton
02-10-2011, 02:15 PM
What a stupid thread. David Lee played for a coach notorious for stat padding and inflating the rebounding/scoring numbers with gimmicky shit. David Lee was usually the only non-perimeter player on his team last year and likewise grabbed tons of rebounds. The Timberwolves are the best offensive rebounding team in the league and a middle of the pack defensive rebounding team, while last year's Knicks were one of the worst rebounding teams on either side of the court.

rickross
02-10-2011, 02:51 PM
when u drop 30 but allow 31 on a nightly basis it really dont matter... u a starter at most on a champ team, not even close to superstardom

FkLA
02-10-2011, 03:08 PM
I believe I said something like that. Third option is still go to guy. If Tim, Tony and Manu are all on the floor, one has to be a 3rd option. Neither are role players.

Usually when I think of go-to guy I think of someone you drop the rock down in the post and let him go to work. You didnt mean it likee that tho so fair enough, I misinterpreted.

You are correct about great scorer. My bad. But consistant scorer. Whether its garbage points or not, he consistantly gets them. Love is 6 games off from tying Moses Malone's record of consecutive double doubles (44). A above average player could not put up these numbers that Love has.

He's a consistent scorer yea. He stat pads though, and thats not just a some perception people have created about him...he himself has said he keeps his eye on his stats DURING games so he can keep his double-double streak alive.

What a stupid thread. David Lee played for a coach notorious for stat padding and inflating the rebounding/scoring numbers with gimmicky shit. David Lee was usually the only non-perimeter player on his team last year and likewise grabbed tons of rebounds. The Timberwolves are the best offensive rebounding team in the league and a middle of the pack defensive rebounding team, while last year's Knicks were one of the worst rebounding teams on either side of the court.

That might have to do with the fact that the Twolves are a shit offensive team, hence alot of offensive rebound opportunities. He's David Lee supped up...better rebounder and alittle more range. Same shit defensive player with no post-game though. Dude aint free of guilt when it comes to stad-padding either.

dat boi rick ross knows wats ^

TDMVPDPOY
02-10-2011, 04:10 PM
brad miller lvl9000

alchemist
02-10-2011, 04:23 PM
one trick pony, he'll have to do something different next season to get some recognition.