PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again...

spurschick
05-31-2005, 10:16 AM
From Suns Notebook: East Valley Tribune

FOILING THE FLOPPER

Quentin Richardson said the Suns came armed for Game 4 with a new strategy regarding notorious flopper Manu Ginobili.

"We see that Ginobili is gonna fall every time he goes in or gets touched or anything. So if we’re gonna hit him, we’re gonna hit him," Richardson said. "We ain’t gonna let him flop and get a foul for something that we didn’t do. That’s what’s been happening the whole series. We don’t touch him and he just throws his hair and they call a foul."

Amaré Stoudemire also sounded sick of Ginobili’s antics, adding, "I guess he’s looking for an acting career or something."

King
05-31-2005, 10:22 AM
You can't deny that Manu flops his ass off...but, you also can't fault him for taking advantage of it. They give him the calls, he be an idiot not to try for the call. Nobody would have a problem with it if he was on their team. I remember how frustrating it was to watch Divac and Fisher act like they'd been shot.

samikeyp
05-31-2005, 10:22 AM
Amaré Stoudemire also sounded sick of Ginobili’s antics, adding, "I guess he’s looking for an acting career or something."

this from Mr. Push-ups.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-31-2005, 10:26 AM
Vlade and Lambeer. How any referee could have bought some of the flops those guys pulled is beyond me. I'm sorry that is Lambeer retired because I would have loved to see him sell a flop after getting hit by Earl Boykins. Yeah, Ginobili flops a little, but so did Reggie and half a dozen other greats. I hate it when guys complain about this sorty of thing, because it's essentially calling someone dirty without having the guts to simply come out and say it.

1Parker1
05-31-2005, 10:27 AM

FOILING THE FLOPPER

Quentin Richardson said the Suns came armed for Game 4 with a new strategy regarding notorious flopper Manu Ginobili.

"We see that Ginobili is gonna fall every time he goes in or gets touched or anything. So if we’re gonna hit him, we’re gonna hit him," Richardson said. "We ain’t gonna let him flop and get a foul for something that we didn’t do. That’s what’s been happening the whole series. We don’t touch him and he just throws his hair and they call a foul."

Ohhhh, it's on, Bitch! :hat

WalterBenitez
05-31-2005, 10:37 AM
Star treatment, this is something that confuses the game and it is hard to understand (at least for me).
I know Manu flops as he's "touching", the point is Manu will keep going and going and going ... my real question is ... that kind of plays really help to Spurs? If so, go ahead, otherwise change the plays, because that shit of flopping as argument will increase, and some calls will be made “just because” I perceive those “polite” behaviors on NBA’s refs.

TNT21
05-31-2005, 11:17 AM
Man, I'm so sick and tired of both of these whiny bitches. They're just pissed because the best part of their game ran down their momma's leg!

Rydia
05-31-2005, 03:06 PM
Everyone can be a flopper at times. It's ridiculous to say Manu is dumb for not taking advantage of it. If Q and Amare are gonna be dumb and shove him just a tiny bit and Manu gets the call and the free throws then- they are the idiots..

whiners

spur219
05-31-2005, 03:12 PM
I hope Manu read that. So he can get fired up and drop 40 on their asses.

E20
05-31-2005, 03:14 PM
Expect Manu To Go Crazy Argentine Mode On The Suns.

Xolotl
05-31-2005, 03:16 PM
Manu is my favorite player on the Spurs, but I have to admit, damn he does flop alot. That being said I hope he drops 70 on the Suns

MiNuS
05-31-2005, 03:18 PM
Manu will be on Caffeine mode! 1000 grams of caffeine at least.

Catharsis
05-31-2005, 03:19 PM
Vlade and Lambeer. How any referee could have bought some of the flops those guys pulled is beyond me. I'm sorry that is Lambeer retired because I would have loved to see him sell a flop after getting hit by Earl Boykins. Yeah, Ginobili flops a little, but so did Reggie and half a dozen other greats. I hate it when guys complain about this sorty of thing, because it's essentially calling someone dirty without having the guts to simply come out and say it.
Hehe, I remember a game where Vlade was guarding a player (think it was Shaq) and Shaq turned around to face him and Vlade just fell bacl with his arms and legs spread out. Shaq just dribbled past him and dunked. It was obvious WITHOUT the replay that there was no contact.

You know what, I think Manu's flop would have been more successful had Nazr not flopped in the first quarter against Amare. That caught the refs eye (and I think it was maybe worse than Manu's) which made them start looking for it.

Q is right. If he's going to flop (and every Spurs fan knows he does) the best strategy is to really foul him. Nothing wrong with that--it's not like they're trying to hurt him. They just aren't going to get tagged with bogus calls. Nobody on the Suns is in the Danny Fortson level of thuggary...well, I say watch out for that Paul Shirley kid. :blah

ladiesman
05-31-2005, 03:20 PM
It's Over !!! Had my doughts, but It is Over!!!!.... Next Stop.... THE FINALS !!!

ObiwanGinobili
05-31-2005, 03:21 PM
Manu does flop anit , but really they act like he's the only one!
I'm sorry but teh Sun's butts are far from clean on that one....every every player in the game has flopped or exagerated a hit on at least 1 occasion.
And i say at least only 1 , casue I think therre is 1 guy whose done it once.

spurschick
05-31-2005, 05:19 PM
Expect Manu To Go Crazy Argentine Mode On The Suns.

He has played well this series, but he has scored his points rather quietly IMO. I'm expecting him to open another 40+ point can of whoopass soon. The more they try to get physical with him, the more determined he will be.

ObiwanGinobili
05-31-2005, 05:40 PM
He has played well this series, but he has scored his points rather quietly IMO. I'm expecting him to open another 40+ point can of whoopass soon. The more they try to get physical with him, the more determined he will be.

ditto.
ditto.
ditto. :fro

milkyway21
05-31-2005, 10:06 PM
i hope Manu faces Amare EVERYTIME he lays up the ball:D let him worry about the early foul trouble game 5.

Amare is challenging you, Manu.

keep on flopping, Manu! :lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2005, 10:09 PM
Were either one of those guys in attendance back when Manu dropped 48 on them? Oh yeah, Amare was, he got dunked on in OT. :lol

I guess they want a repeat tomorrow night. Turn him loose Pop!

Solid D
05-31-2005, 10:11 PM
Get the call and get the ball.

MannyIsGod
05-31-2005, 10:12 PM
Well, Manu does flop and part of me hates it. I hate Vlade for doing it, and I hate it when Manu does obvious flops.

However, embelishment to make sure you get the call is not flopping, it's drawing attention to the call.

mrcoon29
05-31-2005, 10:17 PM
Well, shit. I hate when players & coaches try to influence the calls for a game. I read it as they have a lack of confidence. I really hope Manu doesn't get hurt because I suspect they will hit very hard until called on it. Thanks for bringing up this game strategy, Mr. ex-Vanessa. :flipoff

Manu20
05-31-2005, 10:17 PM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20050525/i/r2651818043.jpg
Manu will dominate the Suns tomorrow night!
:fro

T Park
05-31-2005, 10:22 PM
Turn him loose Pop

yeah cause this whole series hes had him locked up.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2005, 10:33 PM
There you go again.

I wasn't saying he has been. Just that we should run more plays for him and let him shove their trash talk up their ass.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-31-2005, 10:36 PM
What? Again the CAMS (crying against Manu squad)? What about Amare fouling his way in every defensive and offensive play? If the refs are not going to do something about it, then foul him hard, he really deserves it.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-31-2005, 10:40 PM
http://img10.echo.cx/img10/1782/awjeeznotthissheetagain17ep.jpg

Ishta
05-31-2005, 10:57 PM
What? Again the CAMS (crying against Manu squad)? What about Amare fouling his way in every defensive and offensive play? If the refs are not going to do something about it, then foul him hard, he really deserves it.

:lol at CAMS that is too perfect!! Give em hell Manu, and something to really cry about while your at it...:elephant

ONE TEAM, ONE GOAL
GO SPURS GO

milkyway21
06-01-2005, 12:04 AM

FOILING THE FLOPPER

Amaré Stoudemire also sounded sick of Ginobili’s antics, adding, "I guess he’s looking for an acting career or something."hmmmn:rolleyes

and YOU? what are you looking for in this picture, Amare? :lmao

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/SAA121052822_lower.jpg

TMTTRIO
06-01-2005, 12:29 AM
^:lmao:lmao

It's interesting with these teams that they'll go to the press complaining about Manu's flopping only after Manu has owned them for a couple of games. Manu has torched all of these teams offensively and defensively and all they can do is complain about his flopping. Pretty pathetic :rolleyes. They know that they can't stop him because he'll find a way to win.

Dre_7
06-01-2005, 12:33 AM
Ive said it before and Ill say it again. Most everybody flops!! Manus arent even that extreme (save for the one last night). I seen major flops all through out the playoffs!!!

Everyteam has a few players that flop. Its part of the game!!! I saw several flops in the PHX v DAL series!!

I would prolly hate Manu if he played anywhere else. But since he plays for my favorite team, I love him!

Phenomanul
06-01-2005, 08:45 AM
Well, Manu does flop and part of me hates it. I hate Vlade for doing it, and I hate it when Manu does obvious flops.

However, embelishment to make sure you get the call is not flopping, it's drawing attention to the call.

My feelings exactly.....

Manu has some liberty in my book to draw attention on the defensive end because he earns it on the offensive end.... meaning I don't know a guy in the league other than AI who will take it to the rack play after play even when he is consistently getting fouled hard.

bonesinaz
06-01-2005, 08:56 AM

FOILING THE FLOPPER

So it sounds like the suns are going to foul Manu now. So much for D'antoni's strategy.

As for QRich, maybe he should be more concerned with the fact that he is sucking in this series. One too many bangs to the forehead.......

GrandeDavid
06-01-2005, 09:00 AM
Let Phoenix get physical. They'll only embarrass their soft asses.