PDA

View Full Version : Great story about game 3!!!!

bejanicek
05-31-2005, 10:16 AM
I know it is a little late, but it was a great game that i will never forget. First of all, i didn't even know i was going untill 5:00pm on saturday. a friend had an extra ticket so i just got to go to game for free. good seats, behind phoenix bench. anyway, i drove in and got to game 1 hour early. after getting in i was asked to do the donut toss during a timeout by these girls. So i signed up. they took me down to the floor during second qtr and i got to stand in the opening where the suns run in and out from with all the silver star dancers, the coyote, leo who is the guy that goes on the court and tells everyone to get pumped up, the guy that looks like superman except in a spurs outfit, and tim derk(the old coyote) was right in front of me cheering on the spurs the whole time. best of all i was right next to court almost the entire 2nd qtr. but because of abc, we got pushed back to the 3rd qtr. so i went back to my seat during half, having a couple of beers, and went back down for the 3rd qtr. finally we went out and i got to throw the donuts. i was so nervous yet so excited at the same time. i actually made all 3 and won some great spurs stuff. Tim duncan jersery, George Gervin jersey, TP bobble head, and all kinds of great spurs stuff, plus for making the last one i also got a autographed NBA basketball signed by the Spurs team. It was one awesome night and the spurs played a great game and the SBC center was rocking. (let me know if anyone saw me while at the game during the donut thing) thats all, let me know what yall think.

bejanicek
05-31-2005, 11:38 AM
thanks

1Parker1
05-31-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm highly jealous of you :) So tell us, how do the Spurs look live and up close and personal? Are they taller then you imagined ?? :lol

bejanicek
05-31-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm highly jealous of you :) So tell us, how do the Spurs look live and up close and personal? Are they taller then you imagined ?? :lol

It is amazing to watch the game from floor level. The whole atmosphere is differnt than being just a couple of rows up in the arena. Especially being out there on the floor and looking around with 19,000 people. That was priceless as well. The size of the players was amazing, but watching them up close and eye level is something that is hard to explain. Being so close and on the same level you see just how high they jump to get a rebound and how talented these players really are during the heat of battle.

MiNuS
05-31-2005, 11:57 AM
I have been up in the balcony and in plaza level and there is a HUGE differrence!
Balcony level is not fun at all.The players look like half an inch and there is alot of silence. Best way of enjoying a game up there is with radio commentary and binoculars.
Not so fun.

Being at a game is a total differrent experience than TV. I like alot more.Unfortunately I am not in San Antonio. I live about 500 miles away.

1Parker1
05-31-2005, 12:07 PM
I have been up in the balcony and in plaza level and there is a HUGE differrence!
Balcony level is not fun at all.The players look like half an inch and there is alot of silence. Best way of enjoying a game up there is with radio commentary and binoculars.
Not so fun.

Being at a game is a total differrent experience than TV. I like alot more.Unfortunately I am not in San Antonio. I live about 500 miles away.

I know how you feel. I get to watch them live once a year...believe me, it's not fun cheering for the Spurs when you're surrounded by screaming 76ers fans :)

caŽlo
05-31-2005, 12:11 PM
beja.. youre so damn lucky man.

how i wish i can watch a spurs game..

but im all the way here from the philippines. :(

bejanicek
05-31-2005, 02:25 PM
I agree, i am very lucky, when we played the suns in the first round two years ago, i went to one of thosegames as well and was picked to be a spurs super fan, so you get to sit on the spurs bench while they warm up before the game and you get to give them high fives while they announce the starting line up. i will never forget we got to talk to manu shortly and then during the starting five call i had steve smith leaning on my shoulder so he could stretch his legs, with malik on the other side. very exciting as well. good luck, i would say, somehow they came to me and my mom and just asked us if we would like to do that.!!! Lucky, the trick is to go early to games and wear lots of spurs stuff.....

flacoflee
05-31-2005, 02:33 PM
cool story. u is a lucky sob! :spin

nkdlunch
05-31-2005, 02:34 PM
So you were the only SOB who walked out of the SBC w/a smile. :lol

bejanicek
05-31-2005, 02:36 PM
So you were the only SOB who walked out of the SBC w/a smile. :lol

no, this was game 3, everyone had a smile on except for the few suns fans. it was game 4 we lost. i didn't go to it...

timvp
05-31-2005, 05:18 PM
Congrats, bejanicek. Nice shooting.

:smokin

ShoogarBear
05-31-2005, 08:27 PM
Congrats. I would have choked like a dog on that donut toss.

I've only seen a few Spurs' games from the floor. The first was at the old HemisFair, we got some scalped (and possibly forged) tickets behind the Nuggets' bench and satnext to Gary Delaune, who looked like a dead man walking even back in the 70s.

A couple were at the old Boston Garden in the years before Bird got there and the Celtics really, really sucked. Once I was behind Doug Moe and got to have a running conversation with him while the Spurs were blowing them out.

The last close seats were on the baseline a few years ago at the MCI. Until you see how fast these guys are up close (especially guys like DRob), you have no idea.

Sense
05-31-2005, 08:32 PM
Heh...that's like heaven to me..

I'm jealous of you just because you got a good Ticket...
(or a ticket in general)

imagine my pain...

SouthernFried
05-31-2005, 11:24 PM
Very cool stuff. Getting an autographed basketball is phenomenal. That's gotta be worth a coupla hundred bucks right there.

Good story.