PDA

View Full Version : DDDDDam....it's only 1 win.....

LilMissSPURfect
05-31-2005, 10:44 AM
Better being SPURS fans up 3-1 than SUNs fans down 3-1 ehy?
they got 2 more games to get b4 they can actually talk shit !

SPURS will get game 5 and everything will be back to normal :spin !

AlamoSpursFan
05-31-2005, 10:46 AM
I actually think we might lose game 5. But Game 6 and all those v-bookie dollars are MINE!

We have 3 chances to win 1. They have 1 chance to win 3. I'm not pushing the panic button yet.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-31-2005, 10:47 AM
"Normal" is kind of a tricky word around here. What would the Spurs have to do to get rid of all the back biting bandwagoners and trolls around here?

themvp
05-31-2005, 10:48 AM
SPURS will get game 5 and everything will be back to normal :spin !

I think everything is actually normal.

1Parker1
05-31-2005, 11:06 AM
No NBA team has lost a best-of-seven series after winning the first three games.

And as Ginobili explained, "You don't want to be the first fool to do it." :)

mavsfan1000
05-31-2005, 11:13 AM
I'll admit that the suns are dangerous but San Antonio has proven they can win on the road in Phoenix. I'd say spurs in 5 or 6. If it is goes 7 than I'm scared but until then the spurs have the clear advantage. The suns can't shoot 60% every game.

FromWayDowntown
05-31-2005, 11:15 AM
"Normal" is kind of a tricky word around here. What would the Spurs have to do to get rid of all the back biting bandwagoners and trolls around here?

They'd have to fold up their tents and cease to exist.

Most of the bandwagoners in this place have no historical context for their rants. Most of them didn't suffer through the pain of Washington's rally from down 3-1 to win the ECF in 1979. Most didn't endure the painful reality of going from 1 win from the NBA Finals in 1979 to being ushered out in Round 1 (when not every team had to play in Round 1) in 1980. Or losing Game 7 at home to Houston in 1981. Or back-to-back losses to the Lakers in the 1982 and 1983 WCF.

Most of the bandwagoners didn't experience the Spurs in the late 80's, when even with the promise of David Robinson looming, the Spurs were either lottery-bound or were the kind of early round fodder that so many around here mock each year.

Most of those bandwagoners didn't feel the pain of the 2OT loss in Game 5 in Portland in 1990, or the dispair of seeing Rod Strickland's pass fly away in Game 7 that year. They weren't around to watch the Spurs get Nellied out of the playoffs in 1991; or to watch them be swept without David Robinson in 1992. Few of the bandwagoners experienced the antics of Dennis Rodman in 1994 and the miserable flop from a Game 1 pounding of Utah to a backdoor sweep by the nemesis Jazz.

Most didn't go through the disappointment of the 1995 Western Conference Finals, when Sean Elliott missed 2 free throws and Robert Horry's only field goal of Game 1 gave the Rockets a series lead that the Spurs could never overcome. They didn't watch Rodman launching 3 three-pointers in the first quarter of Game 2 of that series as the Rockets ran away and hid. They didn't go through the upswing of positivity that followed two wins in Houston, only to be crushed again by a Game 5 loss in San Antonio.

They didn't go through the embarassment of the 1996 West Semis against Utah, where a heralded Spurs team was absolutely owned in the 4 games it lost.

If you've only been a Spurs fan since Timmy D walked through the door (or even just since David Robinson became a Spur) you don't have any historical context and it shows.