PDA

View Full Version : Hope you enjoyed that . . .

TD 21
02-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Because that's the last time you'll see the Celtics and the Lakers play each other this season.

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2011, 11:03 PM
:lol..

Cry Havoc
02-10-2011, 11:03 PM
:tu Quality thread.

BoricuaCJA
02-10-2011, 11:08 PM
:toast

TampaDude
02-10-2011, 11:09 PM
:lol

DazedAndConfused
02-10-2011, 11:13 PM
:lmao regular season != playoffs

Cry Havoc
02-10-2011, 11:14 PM
:lmao regular season != playoffs

History = doomed to repeat itself.

5 other teams to start 44-8 = champions.

y2kbug
Holla!

Killakobe81
TD you better than this ...We all know Miami is not gonna make the Finals against us ...

Cry Havoc
So, Laker fans, now that you won a meaningless regular season game, why are your fingers so much farther from the panic button than yesterday?

DesignatedT
02-10-2011, 11:16 PM
true. true.

Venti Quattro
02-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Spurfan, grey or black, always finds a way to get butthurt whether the Lakers win or lose. It's pretty fuckin' amazing. :lmao

Hypocrites bash the Lakers for winning a "meaningless" game but are the first to celebrate over regular season wins. :lmao

Practice what you preach!!! :lmao

NRHector
02-10-2011, 11:20 PM
:lol

jjktkk
Spurfan, grey or black, always finds a way to get butthurt whether the Lakers win or lose. It's pretty fuckin' amazing. :lmao

Hypocrites bash the Lakers for winning a "meaningless" game but are the first to celebrate over regular season wins. :lmao

And on a Spurs fan website, I swear, the nerve of these Spurs fans.

jmill
So, Laker fans, now that you won a meaningless regular season game, why are your fingers so much farther from the panic button than yesterday?

Meh.

Cry Havoc
02-10-2011, 11:21 PM

This coming from the team about to trade away their future center because of "meaningless regular season games".

Venti Quattro
02-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Just gearing up for the playoffs. Non-issue

Cry Havoc
02-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Just gearing up for the playoffs. Non-issue

Your gearing up for the playoffs involves considering trading a young starting big?

Odd.

j.dizzle
02-10-2011, 11:25 PM
LOL you mad?

Amuseddaysleeper
02-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Fuck yes

Killakobe81
02-10-2011, 11:27 PM
LOL worrying about Lakers when you have only 8 losses ...

Punchy
02-10-2011, 11:28 PM

I believe the regular season means something.

Bashing the Lakers for their win against the Celtics is making fun of all the asshole Lakers fans who always chant "regular season doesn't matter."

cobbler
02-10-2011, 11:52 PM

2 of last 10 single season records winners actually won it all. :toast

TampaDude
02-10-2011, 11:54 PM

We better fucking win it all, then. :lol

cobbler
02-10-2011, 11:56 PM
Because that's the last time you'll see the Celtics and the Lakers play each other this season.

Insecure much?

Spur_Fanatic
02-11-2011, 12:03 AM
This thread reeks of jinx and anti-jinx.

Peeps, don't jinx it!

mingus
02-11-2011, 01:11 AM
Along with myself, I specifically remember TD 21 saying months before the season started that SA still had championship potential. Everyone thought SA was done, Spurs fans included. And look where we are.

Roger Freemason Jr.
02-11-2011, 01:53 AM
That "regular season doesn't count" crap is plain ridiculous, and that goes for everyone that somehow uses that as an excuse. If the regular season doesn't matter, why don't they just pin all these teams against each other in a bunch of series, like a larger than life version of the playoffs, and the last two teams obviously play each other for the rings, right? No regular season required, because everyone knows it doesn't matter.

Ridiculous.

awktalk
02-11-2011, 02:13 AM
Celts are so vulnerable. They looked like trash tonight.

in2deep
02-11-2011, 09:33 AM
true.

maybe Lakers and Celtics can play next Chrismass :tu

in2deep
02-11-2011, 09:34 AM

Spurs looked like that when they lost to Blazers, Clippers and Orlando.

Cry Havoc
02-11-2011, 09:55 AM

You mean the team who had a front line so banged up they were looking to a player who's got maybe 5 minutes on the court all year?

cheguevara
02-11-2011, 10:27 AM
yeah, too bad the Lakers/Celtics rivalry won't continue this post season.

good times.

Venti Quattro
02-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Lakers vs Bulls in the Finals! :tu :tu :tu

Killakobe81
02-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Not trolling but this from a Celtics board (posted on LG):

anybody who thinks the Spurs are gonna beat this Laker team in the playoffs is totally wishful thinking. What answer do they have for Kobe again?? That's a 6 game laker win. We need to worry about finding back ups for Pierce and or Allen. Foul trouble will happen against Lebron and Wade too. Kinda wish Tony Allen were still here. Guess that extra year and 3 million was too much for Danny. Sunday scares me, alot.

Two things from this. (there were plenty others posts like this)

1. Celts expect to see us in June ... (Celts staffer told Kobe see you in june as Kobe left the arena)
2. Celts were smart to add size and it will help against us and Miami IF they meet in playoffs/Finals but they may rue not having a dynamic wing defender ...

And no this is no disrespect to Spurs ... I expect them to lock up HCA and be an extremely tough out come playoff time. I believe Duncan has one great playoff Finals run in him and I expect to see it come May ... I just think we will beat them despite of it ...

Killakobe81
02-11-2011, 11:18 AM

LOL no, according to spur fans (see the gamethread in thefirst half) the Celts are the most balanced team ...ever!!

clambake
02-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Along with myself, I specifically remember TD 21 saying months before the season started that SA still had championship potential. Everyone thought SA was done, Spurs fans included. And look where we are.

lol we

Killakobe81
02-11-2011, 11:20 AM

And if you also remember correctly, I said I didnt see a title, but I expected a great playoff run by these Spurs ...and said I expected to see them in the WCF ...NO ONE predicted this record though ...NO ONE.

bostonguy
02-11-2011, 12:50 PM
This could very well be the last time these 2 teams play this year. The Lakers are still winning the west though. The Spurs are going to have to convince me in May that they can outduel that Laker frontline consistently in a 7 game series.

The Celts are going to need to take their foot off the gas and quit going all out. This team is going to get worn out before the playoffs which will mean health becomes a factor for this aging team. It just sucks all these injuries are happening (Jermaine doesn't count). I want a fresh and healthy celts team come late April even if that means dropping in the standings.

Killakobe81
02-11-2011, 01:09 PM
This could very well be the last time these 2 teams play this year. The Lakers are still winning the west though. The Spurs are going to have to convince me in May that they can outduel that Laker frontline consistently in a 7 game series.

The Celts are going to need to take their foot off the gas and quit going all out. This team is going to get worn out before the playoffs which will mean health becomes a factor for this aging team. It just sucks all these injuries are happening (Jermaine doesn't count). I want a fresh and healthy celts team come late April even if that means dropping in the standings.

Boston guy gets it ... HCA and regular season are not meaningless but less important than health. Boston just needs health and maybe one more defender ...especially with Daniels hurt. But maybe Delonte provides that but he cant guard Lebron (no one truly can 1on1) I STILL believe they are the favorites in the East and doubt sunday proves different since the Celts are not 100% ...but if they could maybe shake the Heat's belief they can win in TD garden even minus some key bench players ...that would be impressive even if just a regular season game ...

Rondo will also have to play better than he did last night ...

FkLA
02-11-2011, 01:09 PM
What good is that daunted front-line when theyre not getting any touches on offense??As far as rebounding goes, they cant compete with the size...but TD, Dice, Blair, and even Splitter are solid rebounders that can hold their own. Besides people ignore the huge advantage the Spurs have in the backcourt, nobody can come close to staying in front of Parker. Or the fact that both Hill and Manu have given Kobe alot of problems defensively.

I agree with the OP. Spurs in 6 tbh. Lakers had their fun. :flag:

Killakobe81
02-11-2011, 01:17 PM
What good is that daunted front-line when theyre not getting any touches on offense??As far as rebounding goes, they cant compete with the size...but TD, Dice, Blair, and even Splitter are solid rebounders that can hold their own. Besides people ignore the huge advantage the Spurs have in the backcourt, nobody can come close to staying in front of Parker. Or the fact that both Hill and Manu have given Kobe alot of problems defensively.

Fair post. you have Spurs in 6 me Lakers in 6 I expect we will find out in may who is right.

ohmwrecker
02-11-2011, 01:26 PM

I think you are forgetting somebody, buddy.

I said this summer that the Spurs were one of 5 teams that could potentially win a championship.

FkLA
02-11-2011, 01:27 PM
should be a great dogfight tbh

bostonguy
02-11-2011, 02:15 PM

Teams have had backcourt advantages against the Lakers in the past, and that only did so much. You have to out play that frontline. There is no other way around it. I am not saying the spurs won't compete and give the Lakers fits. I am saying they won't beat LA 4 times if their frontline doesn't turn into an advantage for them.

jjktkk
02-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Boston guy gets it ... HCA and regular season are not meaningless but less important than health. Boston just needs health and maybe one more defender ...especially with Daniels hurt. But maybe Delonte provides that but he cant guard Lebron (no one truly can 1on1) I STILL believe they are the favorites in the East and doubt sunday proves different since the Celts are not 100% ...but if they could maybe shake the Heat's belief they can win in TD garden even minus some key bench players ...that would be impressive even if just a regular season game ...

Rondo will also have to play better than he did last night ...

Spurs fans get it as well. Its about staying healthy. The one big difference between the Clets and the Spurs though, is that Pop has the luxury to monitor Duncan and Ginoboli's minutes, while Doc Rivers cannot do the same with KG, Pierce, and Allen.

nkdlunch
02-11-2011, 02:28 PM
it's very simple. Duncan has never had this much help on a championship run.2003 was close, but Parker + Manu were very green. That's when we beat the Shaq/Kobe Lakers BTW.

Also Duncan has never disapointed in the playoffs. If you go by history, this should be a great Spurs playoff run and they will have home court throughout.

If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on the Spurs to get to the Finals. Vegas agrees BTW.

Health, it's all about health for us. (knock on wood)

jjktkk
02-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Teams have had backcourt advantages against the Lakers in the past, and that only did so much. You have to out play that frontline. There is no other way around it. I am not saying the spurs won't compete and give the Lakers fits. I am saying they won't beat LA 4 times if their frontline doesn't turn into an advantage for them.

Disagree. You have to compete on the glass with the Laker's frontline and get physical with them. Make Bynum and Gasol work hard in the paint and try and wear them out. The Spurs cannot consistantly "out play" the Lakers frontline, as far as points in the paint, etc...

nkdlunch
02-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Regarding Boston, they are a mediocre rebounding team and the worst offensive rebounding team in the league. That hurts them vs. the Lakers when their shots are not going in.

mingus
02-11-2011, 03:05 PM
lol LA thinking they don't have to worry about beating the Spurs. Kobe isn't the same player he once was. Does that mean he can't dominate anymore? No, it doesn't. It just means he's more likely to have really bad games sprinkled in there at a higher ratio than before (see Boston last year, Spurs this year). Phil needs to orchestrate the offense around Bynum and Gasol. But, what will happen? No, bec. Bryant will think he's Bryant of old and shoot LA out of a couple games, which will result in the Spurs winning. Bryant has too much pride to transition the offense toward Bynum and Gasol. He's the anti-Duncan, and it'll bite him in the ass come playoff time. It would've bit him in the ass last year had Perk not gone down.

Lakers have been lucky. Spurs have been down and out the last couple of years due to injury and LA had nobody of legitimacy to face in the PO's. They lucked out in '09 and '10 with SA and Boston. I view their last two championships in the same light I view he Rockets' championships. We're finally seeing what they're made of, and it doesn't surprise me. It surprises you guys because you let the media fill you tiny brains with stupid ideas. The Lakers' luck runs out this year.

The Lakers did nothing special by beating the Celtics. The Celtics are in the midst of losing 3 out of their last 4.

history2b
02-11-2011, 03:13 PM
LOL LOL LOL

Kobe isn't the player he once was? But Tim Duncan? Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker??

You guys crack me up with your blind worship of craptastic basketball. No low post game, weak team defense and 3p chuckers galore. Wow... blueprint for a championship right there.

The one and only thing I'll give the Spurs is coaching. It's top notch, but that isn't gonna win the whole thing without the pieces.

This place is gonna be fun come May!

mingus
02-11-2011, 03:13 PM
History, i want to see your Spurs post game thoughts for tonight's game. i know you'll be watching the game, so please contribute.

mingus
02-11-2011, 03:16 PM
LOL LOL LOL

Kobe isn't the player he once was? But Tim Duncan? Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker??

You guys crack me up with your blind worship of craptastic basketball. No low post game, weak team defense and 3p chuckers galore. Wow... blueprint for a championship right there.

The one and only thing I'll give the Spurs is coaching. It's top notch, but that isn't gonna win the whole thing without the pieces.

but we don't need great defense when Kobe will shoot LA out of a games.

ElNono
02-11-2011, 03:46 PM
LOL LOL LOL

Both Duncan and Gino are on the decline... I don't know you'll find anybody else to tell you otherwise.

This place is fun all year round, tbh...

Bito Corleone
02-11-2011, 04:54 PM

Speaking of hypocrites...You and your Laker brethren should follow your own advice. This is what I see every day here from Laker fans:

Lakers regular season loss = We're just coasting

Lakers regular season win = :lobt2:

FkLA
02-11-2011, 08:43 PM

Blair and Duncan are more than capable of putting up points on that frontlinee, despite their age/height...as far as defense goes they cant handle their length but like I said what good is that daunted frontline when they dont get thee touches they should be getting??If they were playing inside out, then I would definitely agree that no team can beat them...but like Mingus said, Kobe is too selfish to give Pau and Bynum more of the reins. He's clearly on the declinee too, I dont see LA getting by with Kobe shooting 25 shots a game anymore tbh.

jmill
02-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Blair and Duncan are more than capable of putting up points on that frontlinee, despite their age/height...as far as defense goes they cant handle their length but like I said what good is that daunted frontline when they dont get thee touches they should be getting??If they were playing inside out, then I would definitely agree that no team can beat them...but like Mingus said, Kobe is too selfish to give Pau and Bynum more of the reins. He's clearly on the declinee too, I dont see LA getting by with Kobe shooting 25 shots a game anymore tbh.

Well for one Kobe doesn't shoot 25 times a game, he's very efficient on the number of shots he does actually average per game, and in game 7 of the finals last year after a horrible first half, he stopped shooting in the 2nd half and did exactly what you're saying he's too selfish to do. And the Lakers won a another championship. Sorry, just the way it is.

That being said, the Spurs are really good and Blair is starting to look legit now that he's getting the minutes, so at least you have that going for you.