PDA

View Full Version : Spartacus: Gods of The Arena

phyzik
02-11-2011, 12:39 AM
What are your thoughts so far for this 6 episode prequel?

Cant wait for Andy Whitfield to get back into it and continue the story. :toast

Nathan Explosion
02-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Pretty bad ass so far. Gives you real insight into how each gladiator was shaped, although you wonder what happened to Crixius to make him the person he became after seeing his humble beginnings.

And yes, it sucks what happened to the lead, but when he comes back, I'd imagine the action will really pick up.

tlongII
02-11-2011, 01:40 AM
Andy Whitfield won't be coming back. They've found another actor to continue his role.

Halberto
02-11-2011, 01:47 AM
If I want to start watching this show should I watch the prequel first or the first season

Texas_Ranger
02-11-2011, 05:02 AM
Andy Whitfield won't be coming back. They've found another actor to continue his role.

well that sucks.:(

jimo2305
02-11-2011, 06:25 AM
If I want to start watching this show should I watch the prequel first or the first season

it really doesnt matter.. as long as you don't skip back and forth between the 2..

desflood
02-11-2011, 09:48 AM
We already know how a few things are going to play out because of things said in the first season. We know how Ashur became enemies with Crixus. It's likely Gatticus has to die for Crixus to become champ. We've gotten several hints as to how Solonius and Batiatus might have their falling out. What I most wonder is how they are going to murder the elder Batiatus. They will kill that old man, no doubt. It's obvious that natural death is just not in his future. I say poison; my old man thinks they'll be far less subtle and just pitch him over the cliff.

tlongII
02-11-2011, 10:28 AM
http://spartacusbloodandsand.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/mcinture.jpg

Australian actor Liam McIntyre has been cast as the Thracian warrior.

The decision comes after a lengthy and difficult process to find a new lead on the cult hit after star Andy Whitfield had to depart the show to resume treatment for cancer. Earlier this month, Starz decided to move forward with a second season as the number of contenders for the role narrowed.

“Since no one can really replace Andy, we realized that we should instead find an actor who can truly lead ‘Spartacus’ forward,” said Starz president and CEO Chris Albrecht in a statement. “It was important to us to have Andy endorse the idea of recasting this part, which he did in the same heroic manner that he’s dealt with his whole ordeal. And that, coupled with our fortune in finding a young actor with the gladiator credentials and the acting ability of Liam, makes it easier for us to keep this hit franchise going.”

Nathan Explosion
02-11-2011, 12:06 PM

I'd watch the first season really. The first episode of the second season starts off where the first season ended, then flashes backward.

jimo2305
02-12-2011, 01:43 AM
http://spartacusbloodandsand.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/mcinture.jpg

Australian actor Liam McIntyre has been cast as the Thracian warrior.

The decision comes after a lengthy and difficult process to find a new lead on the cult hit after star Andy Whitfield had to depart the show to resume treatment for cancer. Earlier this month, Starz decided to move forward with a second season as the number of contenders for the role narrowed.

“Since no one can really replace Andy, we realized that we should instead find an actor who can truly lead ‘Spartacus’ forward,” said Starz president and CEO Chris Albrecht in a statement. “It was important to us to have Andy endorse the idea of recasting this part, which he did in the same heroic manner that he’s dealt with his whole ordeal. And that, coupled with our fortune in finding a young actor with the gladiator credentials and the acting ability of Liam, makes it easier for us to keep this hit franchise going.”

interesting.. good pick up.. of course there's no replacing andy.. but this guy looks like him quite a bit..

BlairForceDejuan
02-12-2011, 02:19 PM
The last two episodes have moved very slowly and pretty much offered little excitement and variety. I'm confident the last two episodes of this prequel will deliver though.

I think it'd be cool to watch the entire prequel (once it finishes) first before watching Season 1. Either way, you will love this show.

jimo2305
02-12-2011, 03:54 PM
The last two episodes have moved very slowly and pretty much offered little excitement and variety. I'm confident the last two episodes of this prequel will deliver though.

I think it'd be cool to watch the entire prequel (once it finishes) first before watching Season 1. Either way, you will love this show.

lol i admit it did move kind of slow but it was all for the sake of telling the story.. and i actually didnt know this prequel was only 6 episodes long..

once the prequel finishes.. ill go back to watch season 1 all over lol.. at least i wont have to wait a week between episodes :D

tlongII
02-21-2011, 10:23 AM
The prequel finale is next Saturday. What a great show this is!

leemajors
02-21-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm glad they did a prequel, I have enjoyed it.

desflood
02-21-2011, 12:46 PM
What I most wonder is how they are going to murder the elder Batiatus. They will kill that old man, no doubt. It's obvious that natural death is just not in his future. I say poison; my old man thinks they'll be far less subtle and just pitch him over the cliff.
It's always fun to be able to say, "I told you so!" to your spouse.