PDA

View Full Version : The Most Dunked On Big Man In NBA History

Koolaid_Man
02-11-2011, 09:28 AM
this was inspired by my on going war with Luva...:lol

I tried being as fair, unbiased, and objective about this as I possibly could...but I keep defaulting to one person...now we don't have evidence of this when it comes to Wilt, Bill, Kareem, Hakeem, Robinson to a degree, Shaq, Garnett, Gasol, Mikan, etc etc etc....but the one person we have actual prime evidence against is Tim Duncan...who would you say it is...:lol

and I think Kobe actually contributes to at least 50% of this argument for Duncan because Duncan is the person that Kobe has dunked on the most in his career. I dunno what the Mamba has against Timmy but whatever it is...it's personal...:toast

Here's my empirical evidence...there should be close to 50 dunks below...but many more out there...if you can provide further proof I'm all ears...

Cb_gnvjkEg0 jCG0JIorzGI

zIGHiWmeu1s 1pCuAWY2jMI

5oW3spPmRKs Yoe-5YorfBQ

Eef-1WO9FCI Hli7dN_fm-8

4rAbpwfzglQ -71stCvac0M

Sickest Evidence:

WQxgHgRh95Y

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pCuAWY2jMI)

Spur_Fanatic
02-11-2011, 09:54 AM
The risk of playing defense. Some will go through.

And let's not kid ourselves.
We all know the softest dude under the rim in the league, is Gasol.

Koolaid_Man
02-11-2011, 09:58 AM
The risk of playing defense. Some will go through.

And let's not kid ourselves.
We all know the softest dude under the rim in the league, is Gasol.

I will agree with Gasol being the softest - no issues from me there...but that's not my argument...Timmy has been dunked more than any big man that I know of...

Spur_Fanatic
02-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Because Gasol is a nobody, few take care of him in YouTube. I'm sure Gasol has been dunked way more, as he is a known liability for any team he played for.

Thus, easy prey for dunks.

manufan10
02-11-2011, 10:10 AM
That would be Shawn Bradley sons!

lefty
02-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Bradley FTW :lol

Koolaid_Man
02-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Because Gasol is a nobody, few take care of him in YouTube. I'm sure Gasol has been dunked way more, as he is a known liability for any team he played for.

Thus, easy prey for dunks.

if you go back to the OP's "original post" :lol ...you'll find that empirical evidence is really what he based his opinion / fact on...:lol

Bito Corleone
02-11-2011, 10:22 AM
lol weak troll is weak

tbh Shawn Bradley got dunked on by everybody...even people who couldn't dunk.

FromWayDowntown
02-11-2011, 10:23 AM
So really, he should have just taken stupid fouls to save himself from a bunch of YouTube snippets.

Any balla worth his salt would take that silly foul and give up an and-1 to avoid being in the picture when a player dunks.

I'm sure he'll be crying about this when he gives his Hall of Fame induction speech 5 years after he retires.

ohmwrecker
02-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Stool_Aid doesn't know who Shawn Bradley is. He hasn't been watching basketball that long.

Spur_Fanatic
02-11-2011, 10:25 AM
That Gasol is soft under the rim, thus a much easier prey for dunks than Duncan is a fact, K. As Gasol's value/importance in the league is really low, he doesn't have many haters, and apparently haters with enough time to make elaborate videos about being dunked; which is way harder than make videos about dunks, as they are harder to track down.

Which is not the case with Gasol, if anyone is willing to try:
You'll see 2 or 3 humilliating dunks on Gasol on nightly basis.

Cry Havoc
02-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Hmmmm..... who's #2 in blocks (career) in the NBA right now among active players?

Muser
02-11-2011, 10:33 AM
tbh Shawn Bradley got dunked on by everybody...even people who couldn't dunk.

:lol

8FOR!3
02-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Bradley got dunked on because he was always in the way, Duncan always did because of defense. The reason other bigs don't get dunked on every time is because they usually won't try to contest it.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-11-2011, 10:49 AM
This thread inspired me look up who lead the league in missed shots over their career. Turns out it's John Havlicek, a Hall of Famer. Not really surprising, got to take 'em to make 'em, you miss 100% of the shots you don't shoot, etc, etc. Wasn't even looking for this year's numbers but Google threw that at me too. Any guesses?

cheguevara
02-11-2011, 10:57 AM
^ Kobe Bryant

FromWayDowntown
02-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Hmmmm..... who's #2 in blocks (career) in the NBA right now among active players?

Too bad we don't have video of the 2339 shots that have been turned away, courtesy of Tim Duncan.

Barney Stinson
02-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Don't be mad at kool - what to expect from a guy who thinks youtube is an official nba stat source...

ALVAREZ6
02-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Nice troll job

No one cares that he gets dunked on. He's unathletic. Spurs fans already know this.

DMC
02-11-2011, 11:47 AM
LOL @ Dunks

Leetonidas
02-11-2011, 12:02 PM
:lmao

This is what your trolling has degraded to? Trying to troll Spurs fans with Duncan being "the most dunked on big man in NBA history?" :lmao :lmao

Besides we all know that's Shawn Bradley, EASILY.

Hoops Czar
02-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Shawn Bradley
UEi-Wm0OFII
AKOCy9R-h2A&feature=related

Spur_Fanatic
02-11-2011, 12:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0KRGPhHVHA

Dice
02-11-2011, 01:18 PM
I think it was Theo Ratliff (back in his prime) that was quoted in SLAM magazine saying something to the effect of:

"You could stuff a guys shot in his face 5 times in a game and never hear anything said about it. But let him dunk once on you, and you're in a F'n poster and the highlight reel."

DJB
02-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Kool wants Timmy on the Lakers so badly, imho.

history2b
02-11-2011, 01:29 PM

Tim Duncan who just passed

Shawn Bradley, who played less years btw.

ohmwrecker
02-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Tim Duncan who just passed

Shawn Bradley, who played less years btw.

Wrong. Duncan last passed Camby . . . a while ago.

Pink suits you, btw.

VBM
02-11-2011, 02:13 PM
I thought Mt. Mutombo or Ewing would be up there...the Pippen dunk on Ewing should count as 5 posterizations, tbh

z0sa
02-11-2011, 02:30 PM
So really, he should have just taken stupid fouls to save himself from a bunch of YouTube snippets.

Any balla worth his salt would take that silly foul and give up an and-1 to avoid being in the picture when a player dunks.

I'm sure he'll be crying about this when he gives his Hall of Fame induction speech 5 years after he retires.

:toast

Kool Aid_Luva with another epic failure. Get a life, faggot.

Rummpd
02-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Duncan has also consistently been the most effective shot blocker in the game (and perhaps one of the very greatest ever in that regard) as the Spurs get possession much of the time when he blocks the ball unlike Howard and other blockers. As Bill Russell said if you block it and don't get possession that is no good. From a well done article based on MIT research:

Tim Duncan has had the best season in history when it came down to value/block with 1.12, meaning he saved 1.12 points with every block and Dwight Howard ended up with the worst season in terms of value/block with with .53 (both came during the 2008 season).http://nbaplaybook.com/2010/03/06/the-value-of-a-blocked-shot/

The Value Of A Blocked Shot
March 6th, 2010 Sebastian Pruiti Leave a comment Go to comments
I am here at MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, and looking through the number of great papers one of them caught my eye. It was called “The Value of a Blocked Shot in the NBA: From Dwight Howard to Tim Duncan” written by John Huizinga, (A professor of business at the University of Chicago) who has been Yao Ming’s NBPA registered agent since Yao’s inaugural season, representing Yao in his dealings with the Houston Rockets, as well as with major endorsement partners.

Data

Before getting into the data and what it tells us, it was important for us to learn how the data was gained. Mr. Huizinga developed a database called Chances. The database uses data provided by STATS, LLC. and allowed everyone to know the context of the action before the block. The sample of the data used in the presentation was players with over 100 blocks over the last 7 years (this is when the data has become available). In total, this ended up being 170 player-seasons.

Type Of Block

Is blocking a lay-up more valuable than blocking a jump-shot? Mr. Huizinga’s data says yes. In his presentation, he said that it all comes down to expected value. A jumper has an expected point value of 1.04 while a lay-up has an expected point value of 1.54. Looking at it this way, Brendon Haywood, who many people is a very good defender (me included) actually is a less valuable shot blocker than Jermaine O’Neal.

Haywood gets 69% of his blocks on jumpers, meaning he only blocks 31% of the more valuable lay-ups. On the other end of the spectrum, 91% of Jermaine O’Neal’s blocks were on lay-up attempts, while only 9% of his blocks were the less-valuable jump shots.

“Russells”

Many people who have seen Bill Russell play (or have seen highlights) know that Bill Russell was remembered for blocking shots for his teammates, starting a fast break (called by Bill Simmons as “Russells”. Mr. Huizinga showed that this doesn’t really happen in the NBA anymore. There have only been 7 players (in the 7 season where the data was tracked) who accumulated more than 20 “Russells” in a season.

Preblock Situation

One of the most important things to take away from Mr. Huizinga’s presentation is expected value of the preblock situation. Or in otherwords, what happened right before the block took place. Naturally, a block coming off of a live-turnover situation on a lay-up (think a LeBron chasedown) is going to be more valuable than a block coming off of a deadball situation. Again, this comes down to expected point value. The expected point value of a live-turnover situation is higher than a deadball situation because coming off of a live-ball turnover, the defense doesn’t have a chance to get back.

The best shot blocker in the NBA when it comes down to this situation ends up being Andrei Kirilenko, as 16% of his blocks come against this shot type. The worst ends up being Greg Ostertag. This makes sense considering that Ostertag isn’t really known for his footspeed.

Putting It All Together

So whose blocked shots are the most valuable? Mr. Huizinga closed the presentation by going over what he calls “Block Value.” To determine block value, he used the formula Points Saved + Points Created where Points Saved equals the effect of a Block on Opponents Expected Points during this possession and Points Created equals the effect of a Block on Own Team’s Expected Points During the next possession.

Using this formula, we found out who had the best season since the data started being collected (2002-03) in terms of overall block value. It ended up being Theo Ratliff during his 2003 season. Ratliff accumulated a block value of 300 (287 coming from points prevented while 13 came from points created), which when transformed into wins ends up being right around 5.

Interesting Numbers

Just thought it would be interesting to include some numbers towards the end of Mr. Huizinga’s presentation, showing how number of blocks can’t really be used when determining who is the best “shot blocker.”

2003 season

Stromile Swift | 119 blocks with a block value of 74
Rasho Nesterovic | 117 blocks with a block value of 124
So why was Mr. Huizinga’s paper called From “…Dwight Howard to Tim Duncan?” Well as he explained, through a series of charts, Tim Duncan has had the best season in history when it came down to value/block with 1.12, meaning he saved 1.12 points with every block and Dwight Howard ended up with the worst season in terms of value/block with with .53 (both came during the 2008 season).

I am here at MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, and looking through the number of great papers one of them caught my eye. It was called “The Value of a Blocked Shot in the NBA: From Dwight Howard to Tim Duncan” written by John Huizinga, (A professor of business at the University of Chicago) who has been Yao Ming’s NBPA registered agent since Yao’s inaugural season, representing Yao in his dealings with the Houston Rockets, as well as with major endorsement partners.

Data

Before getting into the data and what it tells us, it was important for us to learn how the data was gained. Mr. Huizinga developed a database called Chances. The database uses data provided by STATS, LLC. and allowed everyone to know the context of the action before the block. The sample of the data used in the presentation was players with over 100 blocks over the last 7 years (this is when the data has become available). In total, this ended up being 170 player-seasons.

Type Of Block

Is blocking a lay-up more valuable than blocking a jump-shot? Mr. Huizinga’s data says yes. In his presentation, he said that it all comes down to expected value. A jumper has an expected point value of 1.04 while a lay-up has an expected point value of 1.54. Looking at it this way, Brendon Haywood, who many people is a very good defender (me included) actually is a less valuable shot blocker than Jermaine O’Neal.

Haywood gets 69% of his blocks on jumpers, meaning he only blocks 31% of the more valuable lay-ups. On the other end of the spectrum, 91% of Jermaine O’Neal’s blocks were on lay-up attempts, while only 9% of his blocks were the less-valuable jump shots.

“Russells”

Many people who have seen Bill Russell play (or have seen highlights) know that Bill Russell was remembered for blocking shots for his teammates, starting a fast break (called by Bill Simmons as “Russells”. Mr. Huizinga showed that this doesn’t really happen in the NBA anymore. There have only been 7 players (in the 7 season where the data was tracked) who accumulated more than 20 “Russells” in a season.

Preblock Situation

One of the most important things to take away from Mr. Huizinga’s presentation is expected value of the preblock situation. Or in otherwords, what happened right before the block took place. Naturally, a block coming off of a live-turnover situation on a lay-up (think a LeBron chasedown) is going to be more valuable than a block coming off of a deadball situation. Again, this comes down to expected point value. The expected point value of a live-turnover situation is higher than a deadball situation because coming off of a live-ball turnover, the defense doesn’t have a chance to get back.

The best shot blocker in the NBA when it comes down to this situation ends up being Andrei Kirilenko, as 16% of his blocks come against this shot type. The worst ends up being Greg Ostertag. This makes sense considering that Ostertag isn’t really known for his footspeed.

Putting It All Together

So whose blocked shots are the most valuable? Mr. Huizinga closed the presentation by going over what he calls “Block Value.” To determine block value, he used the formula Points Saved + Points Created where Points Saved equals the effect of a Block on Opponents Expected Points during this possession and Points Created equals the effect of a Block on Own Team’s Expected Points During the next possession.

Using this formula, we found out who had the best season since the data started being collected (2002-03) in terms of overall block value. It ended up being Theo Ratliff during his 2003 season. Ratliff accumulated a block value of 300 (287 coming from points prevented while 13 came from points created), which when transformed into wins ends up being right around 5.

Interesting Numbers

Just thought it would be interesting to include some numbers towards the end of Mr. Huizinga’s presentation, showing how number of blocks can’t really be used when determining who is the best “shot blocker.”

2003 season

So why was Mr. Huizinga’s paper called From “…Dwight Howard to Tim Duncan?” Well as he explained, through a series of charts, Tim Duncan has had the best season in history when it came down to value/block with 1.12, meaning he saved 1.12 points with every block and Dwight Howard ended up with the worst season in terms of value/block with with .53 (both came during the 2008 season).

history2b
02-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Wrong. Duncan last passed Camby . . . a while ago.

Pink suits you, btw.

My god are you really this thick headed? Yes, he also passed Camby dipshit but he also just passed Bradley whom everyone here is inferring as the "Most dunked on big man in NBA history" and Cry Havoc tried to claim that being 2nd on the active shot blocking list proves he's not the most dunked on big....

You following?

Hence, if Shawn Bradley is on that all time list, someone whom Duncan just passed (despite playing more games) then how is it logical to claim being on that list means anything?

history2b
02-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Duncan has also consistently been the most effective shot blocker in the game (and perhaps one of the very greatest ever in that regard) as the Spurs get possession much of the time when he blocks the ball unlike Howard and other blockers. As Bill Russell said if you block it and don't get possession that is no good. From a well done article based on MIT research:

Tim Duncan has had the best season in history when it came down to value/block with 1.12, meaning he saved 1.12 points with every block and Dwight Howard ended up with the worst season in terms of value/block with with .53 (both came during the 2008 season).http://nbaplaybook.com/2010/03/06/the-value-of-a-blocked-shot/

Data

Type Of Block

“Russells”

Preblock Situation

Putting It All Together

Interesting Numbers

2003 season

Data

Type Of Block

“Russells”

Preblock Situation

Putting It All Together

Interesting Numbers

2003 season

Hehe, data. Me stat happy internet fanboy who lives in a cave.

Sean Cagney
02-11-2011, 04:15 PM
I will agree with Gasol being the softest - no issues from me there...but that's not my argument...Timmy has been dunked more than any big man that I know of...

Bradley and it's not even close! Zo is up there as well, you know he got dunked on by Carter atleast 10 times lol. Bradley easily though, stop it.

ElNono
02-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Hehe, data. Me stat happy internet fanboy who lives in a cave.

All teams employ statisticians who record stats, which are obviously useful to an extent.

Pick a lane, bro... :lol

history2b
02-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Pick a lane, bro... :lol

2 very different things.

You're just too stupid to make the distinction.

ElNono
02-11-2011, 04:41 PM
2 very different things.

Indeed. They're either for fanboys or they're obviously useful to an extent.

You still didn't pick a lane, fool. :lol

history2b
02-11-2011, 04:46 PM
:stupid: :stupid:

ohmwrecker
02-11-2011, 04:47 PM
My god are you really this thick headed? Yes, he also passed Camby dipshit but he also just passed Bradley whom everyone here is inferring as the "Most dunked on big man in NBA history" and Cry Havoc tried to claim that being 2nd on the active shot blocking list proves he's not the most dunked on big....

You following?

You said he just passed Bradley and now you are trying to deflect the fact that you were wrong . . . again. I'm not Cry Havoc and I made no such claim.

fwiw . . . anyone can compile a bunch of youtube videos of any player who contest shots at the basket and call it "The Most Dunked on . . . ". It's pretty stupid tbh.

Your constant, weak and obsessive attempts to discredit Duncan just make you look like a jackass with no credibility or knowledge of the game. So, if that's what you came to ST to prove . . . congratulations.

lol dipshit

ElNono
02-11-2011, 04:48 PM
history2bs undressed by his own words (again)... :lmao

Koolaid_Man
02-11-2011, 04:53 PM
gotdam history2b save some of dat ass for me...lol

ohmwrecker
02-11-2011, 04:54 PM

His ass is quivering with anticipation for you, Stoolie.

ElNono
02-11-2011, 04:57 PM

You hittin' that ass too... :lol

Koolaid_Man
02-11-2011, 04:59 PM
You hittin' that ass too... :lol

Spur ass all day...that nigga history just being greedy...won't be no ass left he wrecking shop...:lol

ohmwrecker
02-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Freudian slip tbh . . .

ElNono
02-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Spur ass all day...:lol

:lol I thought you were tapping history2bs ass like everyone else in here... nvm

Koolaid_Man
02-11-2011, 05:20 PM
:lol I thought you were tapping history2bs ass like everyone else in here... nvm

I just asked him to save some ass for me...he's wrecking shop on you pussies...

ohmwrecker
02-11-2011, 05:21 PM

I can see how it might look like that if you are completely retarded.

ElNono
02-11-2011, 05:46 PM

If he's 'wrecking shop' why did you have the need to show up and front for him? :lol

You need to stick to Valentine Day threads and rooting for your team to lose, tbh. You make GNSF look good.

ChumpDumper
02-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Who has the most lakerfan obsession threads?

Tim Duncan.

It's nice.

TipsytheLurker
02-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Who has the most lakerfan obsession threads?

Tim Duncan.

It's nice.

That number would increase 10 fold if history2b were allowed to start them.

history2b
02-11-2011, 05:57 PM
You said he just passed Bradley and now you are trying to deflect the fact that you were wrong . . . again. I'm not Cry Havoc and I made no such claim.

fwiw . . . anyone can compile a bunch of youtube videos of any player who contest shots at the basket and call it "The Most Dunked on . . . ". It's pretty stupid tbh.

Your constant, weak and obsessive attempts to discredit Duncan just make you look like a jackass with no credibility or knowledge of the game. So, if that's what you came to ST to prove . . . congratulations.

lol dipshit

Wow, you really are this stupid? Great.

Timmy still just passed Bradley in both shots blocked and even more recently in getting facial'd. I guess you and Tim have something in common.

YoMamaIsCallin
02-11-2011, 05:57 PM
My basic question to the OP is: who gives a shit?

I think it's only people who think the dunk is the big deal play in basketball.

Well, Sparky, it ain't. Not if winning games is your objective (rather than being a YouTube star).

history2b
02-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Kool's point still stands -

Tim Duncan is big man to be facial'd more times than any other in NBA history.

A proud moment for Duncanites everywhere.

jjktkk
02-11-2011, 06:00 PM

A proud moment for Duncanites everywhere.

:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

history2b
02-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Hey Tipsy

Who do you think has been facial'd more times you or your hero Tim Duncan?

Trill Clinton
02-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Shawn Bradley

ElNono

How did you quantify that without looking at stats?

manufan10

John Amaechi takes the honor of being facial'd more than any other NBA player.

ElNono
02-11-2011, 06:05 PM
John Amaechi takes the honor of being facial'd more than any other NBA player.

I don't know about that... We'll have to wait to read Pau's memoirs...

manufan10
02-11-2011, 06:10 PM
I don't know about that... We'll have to wait to read Pau's memoirs...

history2b
02-11-2011, 06:14 PM
How did you quantify that without looking at stats?

Youtube clips.:nutkick:

history2b
02-11-2011, 06:15 PM

School week must have just ended since all the 14 year olds just logged on.

manufan10
02-11-2011, 06:16 PM

:downspin:

manufan10
02-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Wow, you really are this stupid? Great.

Timmy still just passed Bradley in both shots blocked and even more recently in getting facial'd. I guess you and Tim have something in common.

http://www.phuckpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

ElNono
02-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Youtube clips.

http://lolpics.se/pics/482.jpg

history2b
02-11-2011, 06:23 PM
:troll:troll:troll

We just got home from school.... time to log onto Spurstalk.

manufan10
02-11-2011, 06:25 PM
:troll:troll:troll

We just got home from school.... time to log onto Spurstalk.

Did you remember to do all of your homework before you had your snack? Remember, no Dora the Explorer until mommy and daddy get home from work.

history2b
http://lolpics.se/pics/482.jpg

You're welcome to post statistics that support your side...

ElNono
http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/1/7/9/1/0/troll_fail.jpg

ElNono
02-11-2011, 06:26 PM
You're welcome to post statistics that support your side...

You're making the claim, I asked you to back it up and you couldn't...
No surprises there... not the first time you get called out on your bullshit and start running the other way :lol

manufan10
02-11-2011, 06:27 PM

http://pawsru.org/dis/src/dis12361_failtroll.jpg

ElNono
02-11-2011, 06:27 PM
http://www.phuckpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

manufan10
02-11-2011, 06:28 PM
lol I fail at posting pictures.

Cessation
Why does that fat bum have a tennis racket? lol

manufan10
http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4061490/if-we-rage-about-op-being-a-bad-troll-is-he-a-good-troll-then.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Philosoraptor

mardigan
Would be Mutombo. Hands down, not even close.
Not that it matters. Willing defenders get dunked on.

usdane
02-11-2011, 06:29 PM
:lol @ Kobe has a top 5 dunks on Duncan :lmao

history2b
02-11-2011, 06:29 PM
You're making the claim, I asked you to back it up and you couldn't...
No surprises there... not the first time you get called out on your bullshit and start running the other way :lol

Koolaid just did that with all the youtube links.

The onus is on you now to prove otherwise. Go ahead boy, fetch your stats / evidence.

manufan10
02-11-2011, 06:30 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDC0viu9k3QwC43CLXggKut9QxMtjhM 7rArCYLdXV7n3Bdy2MO59oABCXuOA

ChumpDumper
02-11-2011, 06:30 PM
lol official YouTube stats.

lakerfans get dumber as they get more desperate.

manufan10
02-11-2011, 06:31 PM

The onus is on you now to prove otherwise. Go ahead boy, fetch your stats / evidence.

Shawn Bradley had his own Sportscenter Top 10 on being dunked on. When they do the same for Duncan, then maybe the OP will have a point.

ElNono
02-11-2011, 06:37 PM

Those are a compilation of videos, not actual numbers.

Since you're making the claim that he's the most dunked-on bigman on the NBA ever, I expect you to back that claim up with actual evidence.

So gives us the all time list of big man dunked-on in the NBA... you're making the claim, you can back it up, right?

ElNono
02-11-2011, 06:38 PM
And since I already know you're going to start backpedaling, let me refresh your memory:

manufan10
02-11-2011, 06:40 PM
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_has_been_dunked_on_the_most_in_the_NBA

history2b
02-11-2011, 06:46 PM
And since I already know you're going to start backpedaling, let me refresh your memory:

No one is confused but you lil Nono.

And my statement is supported by Koolaid's links. If you feel there is a stat that says otherwise feel free to share it.

history2b
02-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Those are a compilation of videos, not actual numbers.

Since you're making the claim that he's the most dunked-on bigman on the NBA ever, I expect you to back that claim up with actual evidence.

So gives us the all time list of big man dunked-on in the NBA... you're making the claim, you can back it up, right?

Can you not count?:reading

ElNono
02-11-2011, 06:49 PM
:cry :cry :cry If you feel there is a stat that says otherwise feel free to share it.:cry :cry :cry

Can't rebuke what you haven't proved... just post your numbers, bro. You wouldn't want people here to think you're talking out of your ass, right?

manufan10
02-11-2011, 06:49 PM
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080213035639AABUXrm

ElNono
02-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Can you not count?:reading

The times you've been wrong? Hard to keep count, tbh. Happens every other thread.

ElNono
02-11-2011, 06:50 PM
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080213035639AABUXrm

lol, I forgot about Ostertag... :lmao

pad300
02-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Man Bites Dog!
Lakers Fans Too Dumb to Google!

Shawn Bradley

history2b
02-11-2011, 06:54 PM
The times you've been wrong? Hard to keep count, tbh. Happens every other thread.

If I posted a youtube link of a full game and I asked you to give me X player's rebound stats are you telling me you couldn't do that because it is only a youtube link?

ChumpDumper
02-11-2011, 06:57 PM
If I posted a youtube link of a full game and I asked you to give me X player's rebound stats are you telling me you couldn't do that because it is only a youtube link?So if I posted a bunch of videos about Kobe it would prove he is the rapingest ball hog in NBA history.

OK.

ChumpDumper
02-11-2011, 06:58 PM
If I posted a youtube link of a full game and I asked you to give me X player's rebound stats are you telling me you couldn't do that because it is only a youtube link?That would prove the rebound stats for one game.

ElNono
02-11-2011, 07:03 PM
If I posted a youtube link of a full game and I asked you to give me X player's rebound stats are you telling me you couldn't do that because it is only a youtube link?

Strawman... there's no complete games posted, nor any indication that's the complete collection of dunks over a single player, nor it proves that any other player didn't get dunked on more...

Just stop beating around the bush and show us the evidence that backs up your claim... I mean, you made the claim, you can support it, right?

ohmwrecker
02-11-2011, 07:05 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_42w5-R0zz2g/SbZNu7L4KqI/AAAAAAAAFvU/oSZj5Ssetk8/s400/nicolas+batum+dunks+on+pau+gasol+2.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_42w5-R0zz2g/SfFkRfr57fI/AAAAAAAAGh0/SEFKE7HBLHA/s400/Carlos+Boozer+Dunks+On+Pau+Gasol+2.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_42w5-R0zz2g/SWH8AQH3efI/AAAAAAAAEeE/3pKXCJJLGBI/s400/nicolas+batum+dunks+on+pau+gasol.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_42w5-R0zz2g/ScoPol5UYtI/AAAAAAAAF_8/xW7v4S03Wtw/s400/kevin+durant+dunks+on+pau+gasol.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_42w5-R0zz2g/Si-Yd7N82DI/AAAAAAAAHe0/0gMphGoOObw/s400/Mickael+Pietrus+Dunks+On+Pau+Gasol.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_42w5-R0zz2g/ShQjWCeR8zI/AAAAAAAAHH8/p49ZvWYfa20/s400/Nene+Dunks+On+Pau+Gasol.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_42w5-R0zz2g/SfFkRCwpPjI/AAAAAAAAGhk/9eMbGSxeFVg/s400/Carlos+Boozer+Dunks+On+Pau+Gasol+4.jpg

I googled Pau Gasol gets dunked on and my computer froze.

ElNono
02-11-2011, 07:05 PM
history2bs is wrong (again) :lol

manufan10
02-11-2011, 07:07 PM
If someone can find it.. 82games.com said they were going to look into it.. but I can't seem to find the stats of the most dunked on:

Now another fun random stat suggestion we've had is who gets posterized the most and we'll look at that soon!

http://www.82games.com/random22.htm

DMC
02-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Do you brag on the girl that never gives up the pussy? Yet... when you find one that gives it up... you'll tell the whole world, right? You can relate this analogy to what Theo was saying. Look here... I wouldve chosen JO but I couldn't come up with the hard core evidence like Kool did. So I'm not going to sit here like you jackals and dispute him.
That's a stupid fucking analogy.

Not surprising.

DMC
02-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Matt Bonner dunks on people

/Thread

Killakobe81
02-11-2011, 07:15 PM

Data

Type Of Block

“Russells”

Preblock Situation

Putting It All Together

Interesting Numbers

2003 season

Data

Type Of Block

“Russells”

Preblock Situation

Putting It All Together

Interesting Numbers

2003 season

Pretty interesting (parts I read) not a stat geek ...but I agree with what I saw. Duncan's defense in 2003 was amazing and was big reason why the won that year (IIRC)

I have no dispute with Duncan's rep as an ALL NBA defender ...But I used to be a pretty good shotblocker myself in high school even though Im just over 6 ft 1 ...

SOMETIMES the Dwight Howard style block is about the message it sends ...not just about the end result. Just like a dunk, sometimes a block is about exerting your will and taking away the opponents. A dunk and a layup = 2 points but the dunk energizes the player, the crowd and your team. A block in to the third row, the next court or the bleachers does the same. No one likes to get embarrased so it CAN have the opposite effect on a weak minded player or team.

OF COURSE I would rather have the Duncan/Russell style block 8 out of 10 times ...but once a game or depending on the situation ...give me the swat or give me the ferocious dunk.

BTW I think that is why TD is not as popular with the general fan who prefers KG or Dwight. Instead of the dunk he lays it up soft, and instead of the SWAT he goes for the controlled block. He is better than both guys... but people gravitate to the other, flashier "style" ...

Just some thoughts ...because I love blocks ...

Proceed with the trolling and the extolling of duncan's virtues ...

Killakobe81
02-11-2011, 07:21 PM
One more thought ...I think duncan is so effective in this area despite not being a great leaper ... because of his demeanor. People are not intimidated by duncan so they try to take shots or dunks on Tim that they would never try on KG, Dwight, shaq etc. then he surprises them with his great timing and bbball smarts ....

DMC
02-11-2011, 07:35 PM
5HCfYycNMCc

Koolaid_Man
08-24-2011, 10:27 PM
Kobe had no respect for Duncan in the paint...NONE ....

Koolaid_Man
03-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Kobe had no respect for Duncan in the paint...NONE ....

since it's a slow day...ahhh fuck let me bump a classic....:lol

hater
03-20-2013, 06:34 PM
Shawn motherfucking Bradley and it's not even close

Seventyniner
03-20-2013, 07:10 PM
One more thought ...I think duncan is so effective in this area despite not being a great leaper ... because of his demeanor. People are not intimidated by duncan so they try to take shots or dunks on Tim that they would never try on KG, Dwight, shaq etc. then he surprises them with his great timing and bbball smarts ....

A prophetic post imo. At the Sloan conference, Kirk Goldsberry produced a paper he refers to in this article: http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/52811/courtvision-david-lees-interior-defense-a-k-a-the-golden-gate

In that paper, he ranks interior defenders both by the FG% they allow when they are the primary defender as well as how often offensive players even attempt shots against them; both stats are for shots near the basket, so preventing attempts from that high-percentage area is pretty valuable.

Tim Duncan is averaging at or near his career high in blocks per 36 minutes, and he himself has said that players just come at him more often now, though he was never a big leaper for blocks and is therefore still pretty effective.

Koolaid_Man
02-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Classic bump

Arnold Toht
02-03-2014, 08:09 PM
this was inspired by my on going war with Luva...:lol

I tried being as fair, unbiased, and objective about this as I possibly could...but I keep defaulting to one person...now we don't have evidence of this when it comes to Wilt, Bill, Kareem, Hakeem, Robinson to a degree, Shaq, Garnett, Gasol, Mikan, etc etc etc....but the one person we have actual prime evidence against is Tim Duncan...who would you say it is...:lol

and I think Kobe actually contributes to at least 50% of this argument for Duncan because Duncan is the person that Kobe has dunked on the most in his career. I dunno what the Mamba has against Timmy but whatever it is...it's personal...:toast

Here's my empirical evidence...there should be close to 50 dunks below...but many more out there...if you can provide further proof I'm all ears...

Cb_gnvjkEg0 jCG0JIorzGI

zIGHiWmeu1s 1pCuAWY2jMI

5oW3spPmRKs Yoe-5YorfBQ

Eef-1WO9FCI Hli7dN_fm-8

4rAbpwfzglQ -71stCvac0M

Sickest Evidence:

WQxgHgRh95Y

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pCuAWY2jMI)

Wow.

Koolaid_Man
08-16-2014, 07:44 PM
this is bumped for your dumb ass Xellos

xellos88330
08-16-2014, 07:50 PM
this is bumped for your dumb ass Xellos

Only proving my point even further that Duncan has to defend every position in basketball. I see every single position attacking Duncan in the paint. Why doesn't Kobe get posterized often? Simple... he just gives up and lets the bigs do the dirty work.

Koolaid_Man
08-16-2014, 07:56 PM
Only proving my point even further that Duncan has to defend every position in basketball. I see every single position attacking Duncan in the paint. Why doesn't Kobe get posterized often? Simple... he just gives up and lets the bigs do the dirty work.

Duncan ain't defending....he's getting bukkaked...defending is being successful in stoping those dunks...niggas don't respect his ass is what you see :lmao

xellos88330
08-17-2014, 02:10 PM
Duncan ain't defending....he's getting bukkaked...defending is being successful in stoping those dunks...niggas don't respect his ass is what you see :lmao

While Kobe was resting an entire season....

kqj8ay9QhSY

Sean Cagney
08-17-2014, 02:12 PM
Man Bites Dog!
Lakers Fans Too Dumb to Google!

Shawn BradleyI was going to say him off the bat, thats too easy.

Brunodf
08-17-2014, 03:54 PM
Most blocks in NBA history though

spurraider21
08-17-2014, 03:56 PM
Most blocks in NBA history though
only in postseason

Brunodf
08-17-2014, 04:00 PM
only in postseason
Only time that really matters

spurraider21
08-17-2014, 04:04 PM
Only time that really matters
its still misleading to say he's the all-time blocks leader. those stats typically refer to regular season unless indicated otherwise

SpurSwag
08-17-2014, 07:34 PM
its still misleading to say he's the all-time blocks leader. those stats typically refer to regular season unless indicated otherwise

On this note, I was thinking the other day about why your career points, let's say, isn't all of the points you have scored in the regular season combined with those scored in the playoffs. It would reward players for continuously making the playoffs and make the resume of a Tim Duncan greatly outshine that of a Kevin Garnett.