PDA

View Full Version : Duncan worst scorer of all time legends

kobe4life
02-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Its kind of sad that Duncan is considered an all time great but he has only been able to score more then 50 points once and that doesn't count since it was against the lowly mavs. Kobe,MJ,Jabbar,Shaq,Bird,Lebron,Dream, Drob, and many more players have managed to do to that feat more then once. It just shocks me how Duncan can get so much hype for being a great player but is one of the worst scorers of all time. Hell Duncan doesn't crack the top 10 and possibly not even top 20 scorers list. The sad thing is nobody's going to give a shit about Duncan's 2 mvp's 20 years from now but they will remember Kobe's 81 point performance.

LakerHater
02-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Its kind of sad that Duncan is considered an all time great but he has only been able to score more then 50 points once and that doesn't count since it was against the lowly mavs. Kobe,MJ,Jabbar,Shaq,Bird,Lebron,Dream, Drob, and many more players have managed to do to that feat more then once. It just shocks me how Duncan can get so much hype for being a great player but is one of the worst scorers of all time. Hell Duncan doesn't crack the top 10 and possibly not even top 20 scorers list. The sad thing is nobody's going to give a shit about Duncan's 2 mvp's 20 years from now but they will remember Kobe's 81 point performance.

against the lowly Raptors! :lol

dbreiden83080
02-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Troll thread

Nothing to see here folks..

kobe4life
02-11-2011, 05:23 PM

Kobe came through with the 81 points and lead his team to victory in that game unlike the mavs game where Duncan choked down the stretch and lost.

ohmwrecker
02-11-2011, 05:24 PM
These grasping at straws threads are just getting worse.

z0sa
KobeCocksucker4Life should fit in well with the rest of the lakerfan chumps around here.

Koolaid_Man

let's go ahead and give Kobe another 80 point game since he did score 62 against Dallas after only 3....:lol

after 3 score:

Kobe 62
Dallas 61

:lol

LakerHater
2 assists!

manufan10
02-11-2011, 05:26 PM
http://www.city-data.com/forum/attachments/phoenix-area/22586d1215211347-place-sucks-13-81699-post_6_85470_troll_spray-medium-.jpg

kobe4life
02-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Kobe may have gotten 2 assists but he still lead his team to victory. The sad thing about Duncan is he wasn't a great scorer and usually when the chump scored more then 40 his team lost which says a lot about Duncan being a loser. Kobe rose to the challenge while Duncan melted under pressure of big games.

ChumpDumper
02-11-2011, 05:28 PM
It's kind of sad that lakerfan is so obsessed with Tim Duncan.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-11-2011, 05:42 PM
It's kind of sad that lakerfan is so obsessed with Tim Duncan.

They'll keep finding dumber and dumber ways to downplay Tim until someone on Hoopsworld says the Lakers want to trade for him.

eisfeld
02-11-2011, 05:44 PM
You know what always amazes me...
such a poor, lowly, constantly being dunked-on, low-scoring player like Duncan managed to beat the Lakers several times in the PO's.

kobe4life
02-11-2011, 06:01 PM
You know what always amazes me...
such a poor, lowly, constantly being dunked-on, low-scoring player like Duncan managed to beat the Lakers several times in the PO's.

Yeah Timmy won only twice against the Lakers in the PO out of 6 attempts. That would constitute to a pathetic 33 percent when it comes to playing the Lakers in the PO's. Don't worry after the lakers get done with the spurs this year that percentage will drop even further. The reality nobody cares about '99 since Phill Jackson wasn't the coach and in '03 the lakers didn't take the spurs seriously and thats why they lost that series.

YoMamaIsCallin
02-11-2011, 06:02 PM
So I guess that's why he has been an All-Star, All-NBA-Team, and All-NBA-Defensive-Team all 13 years of his career. Which by the way no one else in NBA history has done. Because he sucks.

Not to mention two MVPs, three Finals MVPs, and four rings.

I guess it's more important to have the occasional 50+ point game. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Agloco
02-11-2011, 06:06 PM

You need to share some of that sticky-icky braheem. Appears to be some good shit you're loading up on. Puff puff pass.

kobe4life
02-11-2011, 06:10 PM
So I guess that's why he has been an All-Star, All-NBA-Team, and All-NBA-Defensive-Team all 13 years of his career. Which by the way no one else in NBA history has done. Because he sucks.

Not to mention two MVPs, three Finals MVPs, and four rings.

I guess it's more important to have the occasional 50+ point game. Yeah, that's the ticket.

And the sad thing is nobody cares about Duncan's all nba team accomplishments. If you walked on the streets and asked someone about Duncan do you think they would know about all these achievements hell no. More people know of Kobe's 81 points than any of Duncans accolades :lol

DJB
02-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Sweet, another Laker troll. The NBA forum needs more of these, imo.

manufan10
02-11-2011, 06:12 PM
And the sad thing is nobody cares about Duncan's all nba team accomplishments. If you walked on the streets and asked someone about Duncan do you think they would know about all these achievements hell no. More people know of Kobe's 81 points than any of Duncans accolades :lol

Probably know more of Kobe's rape then 81, tbh.

jjktkk
02-11-2011, 06:13 PM
And the sad thing is nobody cares about Duncan's all nba team accomplishments. :lol

Hello nobody.

mindcrime
02-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Yeah Timmy won only twice against the Lakers in the PO out of 6 attempts. That would constitute to a pathetic 33 percent when it comes to playing the Lakers in the PO's. Don't worry after the lakers get done with the spurs this year that percentage will drop even further. The reality nobody cares about '99 since Phill Jackson wasn't the coach and in '03 the lakers didn't take the spurs seriously and thats why they lost that series.

Guess Kobe took it just a little bit seriously in the end.
http://fourhorsementattoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/kobe-crying.jpg

ElNono
02-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Kobe,MJ,Jabbar,Shaq,Bird,Lebron,Dream, Drob

Hell Duncan doesn't crack the top 10 and possibly not even top 20 scorers list.

Neither does Bird. Tim is a measly 452 points away from passing Larry Legend...

Not that I expected the OP to be informed or anything...

Bito Corleone
02-11-2011, 06:17 PM
This is a great way to start of your SpursTalk career...welcome to the boards :toast

ElNono
02-11-2011, 06:19 PM

Not surprised you think the NBA is a popularity contest, tbh

history2b
Neither does Bird. Tim is a measly 452 points away from passing Larry Legend...

Not that I expected the OP to be informed or anything...

With how many more games played?

kobe4life
Guess Kobe took it just a little bit seriously in the end.
http://fourhorsementattoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/kobe-crying.jpg

I can't blame Kobe for that reaction because he was embarrassed that he lost to a chump like Duncan. For him losing to Duncan is equivalent to losing to a fat kid in a marathon.

Mugen
02-11-2011, 06:22 PM
man, LakerFan insecurity is on full display this season. kinda sad. but expected.

frodo
02-11-2011, 06:24 PM
not really, nigga haz a few 20+10 seasons its hard to call him a poor scorer. definitely nigga not a great scorer but he ain't as bad in scorin as Bill Russell and many other likes, Russell & playas alike definitely legends

JayTheClown
02-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Lol lowly Mavs
Fuck you troll :elephant

ElNono
02-11-2011, 06:31 PM
With how many more games played?

You can move the goalposts all you want. How many games they played won't change the fact that Larry Legend is not a top 20 scorer regardless... OP FAIL

kobe4life
02-11-2011, 06:37 PM
You can move the goalposts all you want. How many games they played won't change the fact that Larry Legend is not a top 20 scorer regardless... OP FAIL

Wow you lack reading comprehension skills. When I started off my post by listing those great players I implied that Duncan didn't score 50 more then once unlike those guys. I didn't say those guys were top 20 scorers of all time but I did say Duncan wasn't a top 20 scorer.

history2b
02-11-2011, 06:38 PM
ElNono,

How many more games has the "dominant scorer" Duncan played than Larry Legend?

Obstructed_View
02-11-2011, 06:39 PM
In a world where a second tier player like Kobe Bryant is considered an all-time great simply because he shoots all the time, it's downright shocking that Duncan is considered an all-time great just for winning titles and MVPs. Not that most fans today realize that there's anything other than scoring required in basketball. But Kobe sure came up big in the Canadian championship game when he scored 81 points. No amount of O'Brien trophies can top that.

Texas_Ranger
02-11-2011, 06:40 PM
:sleep

history2b
02-11-2011, 06:41 PM

Scoring averages are a good indicator of top scorers.

Larry is 17 on that list.

Timmy is 42 a few slots behind guys like Vince Carter and Amare Stoudemire.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Budkin
02-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Just another insecure Fakers fan.

ElNono
02-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Wow you lack reading comprehension skills. When I started off my post by listing those great players I implied that Duncan didn't score 50 more then once unlike those guys. I didn't say those guys were top 20 scorers of all time but I did say Duncan wasn't a top 20 scorer.

Tim has the trophies that matter... you don't get one for scoring 50+...

He also has more league MVPs than your boi Kobe... must've done something right...

kobe4life
02-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Tim has the trophies that matter... you don't get one for scoring 50+...

He also has more league MVPs than your boi Kobe... must've done something right...

Uhm if Tim has the trophies that matter wouldn't that mean Kobe has more of them. Last time I checked 5>4.

ElNono
02-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Scoring averages are a good indicator of top scorers.

Larry is 17 on that list.

Timmy is 42 a few slots behind guys like Vince Carter and Amare Stoudemire.

:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

You couldn't help yourself and took the time to go look it up... :lmao
I thought stats was for fanboys... :rolleyes

ElNono
02-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Uhm if Tim has the trophies that matter wouldn't that mean Kobe has more of them. Last time I checked 5>4.

As the #1 guy? 4>2

LakerHater
02-11-2011, 06:45 PM
81 :rolleyes & 2 assists :lol

Thats why hes "KoMe"!

LoneStarState'sPride
02-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Oh look, laker fan "not caring" about the Spurs produces yet another troll thread.

Move along, nothing to see here.

history2b
02-11-2011, 06:51 PM
You couldn't help yourself and took the time to go look it up... :lmao
I thought stats was for fanboys... :rolleyes

They are.

But how else am I going to communicate with someone as limited as you? I own you at your own game and you still cry. :lmao

Stats can be useful in certain situations but anyone and let me stress anyone who uses them as the end all be all to the game is a bonafide idiot who simply doesn't know the game.

Most advanced stats only exist to help cyber geeks who never picked up a ball in their life better understand the game.

Muser
02-11-2011, 06:52 PM
lol nbaforum.

ElNono
02-11-2011, 07:00 PM
They are.

:lol But they can also be useful... talk about being 'limited'...

But how else am I going to communicate with someone as limited as you?

That you think you have to communicate with me at all really tells me who is limited... but please do keep communicating so I can keep toying with your sorry ass... :lmao

Stats can be useful in certain situations but anyone and let me stress anyone who uses them as the end all be all to the game is a bonafide idiot who simply doesn't know the game.

Your knowledge of the game is what made you claim the Spurs would be the #8 seed early in the season? That explains a lot... :lol

Most advanced stats only exist to help cyber geeks who never picked up a ball in their life better understand the game.

Yet, there's verifiable proof that NBA coaches make decisions based on them. But we should take your word over the word of a 10+ years NBA coach... :lmao :lmao

Please don't stop, you're pure comedy... :lol

DMC
02-11-2011, 07:11 PM
I see some ELE loser is back under a new name for awhile. ELE bets are as bogus as AIDs sex stories.

BlackSwordsMan
02-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Duncan sucks shit, huh.

DMC
02-11-2011, 07:12 PM
They are.

But how else am I going to communicate with someone as limited as you? I own you at your own game and you still cry. :lmao

I am fairly certain that, if stupid and cocky could be quantified and summed, you would be the leader on this forum.

DMC
02-11-2011, 07:14 PM
You trolls can post what you like, but in the thread talking about LA/BOS all time vs NBA all time, everyone picked TD as their starting PF.

Obviously points aren't the biggest issue in games. Just ask Lebron or Melo.

kobe4life
02-11-2011, 07:22 PM
You trolls can post what you like, but in the thread talking about LA/BOS all time vs NBA all time, everyone picked TD as their starting PF.

Obviously points aren't the biggest issue in games. Just ask Lebron or Melo.

Points are a big issue just ask MJ.

DMC
02-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Points are a big issue just ask MJ.

Non sequitur

MJ played great defense.

MJ said he wish he could have played against today's greats, like Kobe and Tim Duncan.

You would suck my dog's nutsack for a week to get today's Tim on your team, faggot. Don't pretend you know anything but that.

dunkman
02-11-2011, 07:36 PM
It was obvious to anyone that Duncan could score at will during his prime, since he could do that in the finals too. Remember that Kobe always got solved in the finals.

It's much easier to score in regular season. However, it's bad when only one player dominate field goal attempts. That's not how Pop coaches the Spurs.

Duncan is all about winning. Nothing about padding stats.

kobe4life
02-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Non sequitur

MJ played great defense.

MJ said he wish he could have played against today's greats, like Kobe and Tim Duncan.

You would suck my dog's nutsack for a week to get today's Tim on your team, faggot. Don't pretend you know anything but that.

:lol Believe me when I say I would never want Tim on my team. We already have 3 players who are better then Tim on my squad. Bynum,Odom,Gasol are all better then him. If Tim was here I don't think he would get many minutes backing up those 3 guys.

Ghazi
02-11-2011, 08:17 PM
weak :td

Rummpd
02-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Obviously this thread is started by someone completely ignorant of winning basketball and true superstardom and is considered by consensus the greatest PF ever - since coming to the Spurs Duncan has led them to one of the all time highest winning percentages but why argue with idiots?

By your sublime and unfounded arguement Bill Russell was also not any good either nor was Magic who also did not score much compared to players that were not half the greatness of Magic/Duncan or Russell!

Bellieve me Kobe would take Duncan aside him any day of the week over any of the players you mention (and by the way even in limited minutes Duncan's PER is higher than Odom's or Bynum (and that Carmello Anthony guy the Lakers fans were drooling over!)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/league/west

Rummpd
02-11-2011, 08:38 PM
By the way do you also know that Duncan's career scoring average is greater than players regarded as scorers including:

McGrady and Gasol

Also Kobe not even a top ten scorer for such a gun like him on per game average!

DUNCAN NOT KOBE TOP TEN IN PER (player efficiency rating!) Kobe buried at 16th - ha ha ha!

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_career.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/pts_per_g_career.html

Obstructed_View
02-11-2011, 09:09 PM

Kobe's almost as great as Robert Horry.

jmill
02-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Man, posts like the OP make it a little more understandable when I see people trolling Laker fans so hard. Duncan is one of the best NBA players of all time, and it's not hard to make the argument that he's had the better career than Kobe to this point. I'm going to hope the OP already knows this and is just trolling, because otherwise this is some brutal stuff.

Obstructed_View
02-11-2011, 09:10 PM
As the #1 guy? 4>2

2? Debatable.

100%duncan
02-11-2011, 09:30 PM
clear troll. Haters gonna hate