PDA

View Full Version : Asshat of the Week - Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker (R)

Nbadan
02-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Wisconsin Governor wants to go Kent State on state employees if they don't show up for work......what an asshat

MADISON, Wis. — Gov. Scott Walker says the Wisconsin National Guard is prepared to respond if there is any unrest among state employees in the wake of his announcement that he wants to take away nearly all collective bargaining rights.

Walker said Friday that he hasn't called the Guard into action, but he has briefed them and other state agencies in preparation of any problems.

Walker says he has every confidence that state employees will continue to show up for work and do their jobs. But he says he's been working on contingency plans for months just in case they don't.

Walker says he's not anticipating any problems.

Link (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-wi-budgetwoes-nation,0,771747.story)

If only Wisconsin was Egypt....gezzz....

Stringer_Bell
02-11-2011, 08:17 PM
If people that actually have jobs (State jobs no less) don't want to show up to work, then instead of calling in the Guard, the Governor should be calling people on unemployment and giving those jobs to them.

Nbadan
02-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I bet the people of Wisconsin are really proud of this douche-bag...

Wild Cobra
02-12-2011, 09:32 AM
If people that actually have jobs (State jobs no less) don't want to show up to work, then instead of calling in the Guard, the Governor should be calling people on unemployment and giving those jobs to them.
I think his plan is to do just that.

I didn't read the link, but my assumption is a fear that those crossing the picket line might be injured. Need to insure their safety.

ChuckD
02-12-2011, 10:45 AM
I think his plan is to do just that.

I didn't read the link, but my assumption is a fear that those crossing the picket line might be injured. Need to insure their safety.

Why? The labor pool is nothjng more than a market. Let the market decide. Needless Wisconsin NG intervention/regulation.

jack sommerset
02-12-2011, 11:03 AM

No shit. I have no idea if this guy was clowning about calling the national guard or what context he said it in but fill the jobs if peeps don't show up.

Wild Cobra
02-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Why? The labor pool is nothjng more than a market. Let the market decide. Needless Wisconsin NG intervention/regulation.
Have you ever tried to cross a picket line?

boutons_deux
02-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Union busting and subsistence salaries for the jobs the VRWC can't eliminate has been a fundamental goal since the 1930s.

Paying scabs the minimum wage is exactly what the VRWC wants, and they want to eliminate the minimum wage, too.