PDA

View Full Version : Who has a better record: Suns or Knicks?

Xylus
02-12-2011, 03:21 AM
Sarver is masturbating to this topic right now.

I still miss Amare, though.

nGQaxdykWtM

On a related note, I found this Hollinger piece interesting:

It's time to start talking more about Utah's opponent Friday night, too. Phoenix hit the .500 mark with its second blowout of Golden State in less than a week and has won 10 of its past 14 games. The Playoff Odds now see the Suns as a reasonable playoff prospect at 39.8 percent, odds that would improve significantly if Phoenix can sweep the home-and-home series with Utah this week.

Of more interest, perhaps, is how the Suns have gone about it. The offensive juggernaut has been replaced by -- gasp! -- a club that's been winning with defense. That isn't apparent from the full-season stats, as Phoenix still ranks just 26th in defensive efficiency. But Phoenix used to be 30th.

Since acquiring Marcin Gortat and Vince Carter from Orlando, the Suns have gone to a nine-man rotation that always features a real, honest-to-goodness center (either Gortat or Robin Lopez) and usually lines up a true power forward, too (either Channing Frye or Hakim Warrick). The result has been impressive: In its past 10 games, Phoenix is one of only three teams to permit fewer than a point per possession, with a 99.98 defensive efficiency mark. (As you might have guessed, Boston and Chicago are the other two.)

Moreover, one can argue that the Suns have been a bit unlucky in that stretch -- opponents have shot 81 percent from the line against them, placing them 29th in free throw "defense." But only Boston has a better field goal defense in that stretch than the Suns' 42.5 percent. Although it's unrealistic to expect the Suns to continue playing this phenomenally on D, they don't need to -- if they can merely be somewhat above average, the offense will take care of the rest.

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-12-2011, 03:32 AM
Suns won't make the playoffs, Knicks will.
Suns are gonna be irrelevent for the next 10 years and the Knicks stock is gonna continue to rise with Melo and Paul.

Xylus
02-12-2011, 03:36 AM
Suns are gonna be irrelevent for the next 10 years and the Knicks stock is gonna continue to rise with Melo and Paul.

It's true, the Knicks will make the playoffs in a much weaker conference. It's too bad, because the Suns are a better team than New York and deserve better than that franchise. Their stock is rising because it's a big market and stars want to play there.

Guess who else will probably make the playoffs? The 23-28 Indiana Pacers.

baseline bum
02-12-2011, 04:35 AM
Wow, with the way the media hypes the Knicks it's pretty unbelievable to see Phoenix with the better record in the better conference. Oh well, I remember the same shit when the media used to suck Ewing's dick and ignore Robinson and even Olajuwon until 94.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-12-2011, 04:49 AM
Knicks are always overrated, it is proved by the fact that some people call them 'relevant again' and yet they are at .500

Melo is going to a losing situation. Sure the Nuggets might not win a title, but they sure as hell will go further than the Knicks ever will.

lefty
02-12-2011, 05:26 AM
Arent t hey the same team?

pauls931
02-12-2011, 09:32 AM
I miss Amare big time, he puts the Suns in the upper half of the western conf playoffs. That said, Dragic is pissing me off. The Suns need to go after a decent guard to replace Nash.

redzero
02-12-2011, 09:33 AM

Why do you assume that Melo and Paul are going to New York?

Venti Quattro
02-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Arent t hey the same team?

OMG SO FUNNY PLEASE STOP :lmao :lmao:lmao :lmao :lmao

Ashy Larry
02-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Amare destroyed Tolliver.......

Pelicans78
02-12-2011, 11:16 AM
I predict Suns will sign David West in the offseason, just like Tyson Chandler will sign with OKC.

lefty
02-12-2011, 12:34 PM
OMG SO FUNNY PLEASE STOP :lmao :lmao:lmao :lmao :lmao

Haha you fag :lol

DMC
02-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Paul Pierce put it in the right perspective, and got criticized for it.

I think Stymie gets the Suns into the playoffs. They are still a tough team, and once they gel with the new powers, they will be even better.

DMC
02-12-2011, 01:04 PM
I miss Amare big time, he puts the Suns in the upper half of the western conf playoffs. That said, Dragic is pissing me off. The Suns need to go after a decent guard to replace Nash.
Dragic is a decent guard. You have to dance with the one that brought you, and Dragic got you past the Spurs last year. Nash has not been able to do that.

There's not another Steve Nash in the league as far as handles and smarts, I think Rajon is the closest.

Pelicans78
02-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Dragic is a decent guard. You have to dance with the one that brought you, and Dragic got you past the Spurs last year. Nash has not been able to do that.

There's not another Steve Nash in the league as far as handles and smarts, I think Rajon is the closest.

Honestly, CP3 is every bit as good as Nash and Rondo when it comes to smarts and handles. His assist to turnover ratio is still highest in the league. His 2007-2008 and 2008-2009 seasons were way better than any season Nash had.

DMC
02-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Honestly, CP3 is every bit as good as Nash and Rondo when it comes to smarts and handles. His assist to turnover ratio is still highest in the league. His 2007-2008 and 2008-2009 seasons were way better than any season Nash had.

He's a scoring guard. Phoenix has enough scoring.

pauls931
02-12-2011, 02:35 PM

I don't know what you guys did to piss him off, wish he could stay that way.

ALVAREZ6
02-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Do you also miss that fag's cute push-ups after making a play?

ALVAREZ6
02-12-2011, 02:41 PM
2hCZYhDSb78

on a serious note, hell of a player

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-12-2011, 02:44 PM

Argentina :lol

ALVAREZ6
02-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Argentina :lol

Texas :lol

DMC
02-12-2011, 02:57 PM
I don't know what you guys did to piss him off, wish he could stay that way.

Maybe because the Spurs brought him into the league and then shipped him out?

Pelicans78
02-12-2011, 03:28 PM
He's a scoring guard. Phoenix has enough scoring.

No he's not. He's a distributor first. As good as any in the league. He runs the offense before looking for his shot. His decision making and ball-handling are as good as anyone in this league. He can score, though not as effective as before his knee injury. He's led the league in assists before.

da_suns_fan
02-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Sarver is masturbating to this topic right now.

I still miss Amare, though.

nGQaxdykWtM

On a related note, I found this Hollinger piece interesting:

I love the dude in the front row of that vid laughing and clapping. :lol

Yeah, I miss Amare too. :depressed

badfish22
02-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Dragic is a decent guard. You have to dance with the one that brought you, and Dragic got you past the Spurs last year. Nash has not been able to do that. .

:lmao

badfish22
02-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Texas :lol

The spurs play there bro.

Kyle Orton
02-12-2011, 05:46 PM

tbh, Amare discovering his Jewish heritage musta made the Argentians hate him even more.

lol spurs fans still crying about his pushup thing in 2005. :cry:cry those pushups aren't very classy :cry:cry

jjktkk
02-12-2011, 05:47 PM

Thanks for clearing that up. :lol

ALVAREZ6
02-12-2011, 07:13 PM

I'm quite aware that the San Antonio Spurs play in Texas. I don't live anywhere near the area. What's your point?

ALVAREZ6
02-12-2011, 07:20 PM
tbh, Amare discovering his Jewish heritage musta made the Argentians hate him even more.

lol spurs fans still crying about his pushup thing in 2005. :cry:cry those pushups aren't very classy :cry:cry

The Jewish community in Greater Buenos Aires numbers around 250,000, and is the largest in Latin America.
Why is that? There's a huge proportion of Jewish people in Buenos Aires. Trust me, Argentinians know damn well how corrupt the government is and always has been in modern history. It's one of the most frequented conversation topics for some reason every single time I visit.

And lol no no one's crying here, I like Amare a lot as a player, was just messing around about him being a douche. Dancing on the court or doing push ups or this:

C0WHRW1XDEk

after a play make you a douche.

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-12-2011, 07:20 PM

:lol What a moron " :lol Texas"
And his favorite team plays in the state.

ALVAREZ6
02-12-2011, 07:22 PM
:lol What a moron " :lol Texas"
And his favorite team plays in the state.

Again....what exactly matters about this? The Spurs are my favorite team. Sports team. Great. Does that automatically make me a San Antonio resident?

fucking dumb ass

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-12-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm a fucking dumb ass

Kyle Orton
02-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Why is that?

Guilty conscience I'm guessing.

ALVAREZ6
02-12-2011, 07:27 PM
[#41 retard logic]
I'm a big fan of gasoline-powered vehicles, I do not want to drive an electric. I guess that makes me a Saudi Arabia/Iran/M.E. supporter. It actually makes me a resident.

[/#41 retard logic]

ALVAREZ6
02-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Bro, have you ever had an authentic philly cheese steak? Did you enjoy it?

If so, I guess you love Philadelphia

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-12-2011, 07:30 PM
[#41 retard logic]
I'm a big fan of gasoline-powered vehicles, I do not want to drive an electric. I guess that makes me a Saudi Arabia/Iran/M.E. supporter. It actually makes me a resident.

[/#41 retard logic]

SA Spurs fan: " :lol Texas"

ALVAREZ6
02-12-2011, 07:31 PM
:lol Texas

Kyle Orton
02-12-2011, 07:34 PM
And lol no no one's crying here, I like Amare a lot as a player, was just messing around about him being a douche. Dancing on the court or doing push ups or this:

C0WHRW1XDEk

after a play make you a douche.

Son it's February of 2011, Amare did that in January of 2005. Idk what about doing pushups got you so angry about that you're making character judgments about him over 6 years later, but it's probably not healthy.

ALVAREZ6
02-12-2011, 07:34 PM
I tried some Indian food the other week for the first time in my life, and I must say I enjoyed it, even though I never thought I ever would. The scent of curry has turned me away for all of my life, but after trying it on chicken it isn't so bad, it's actually pretty good. The taste is nowhere near as strong as I had imagined all my life.

Apparently, I like India.

India is probably one of the last countries I'd like to live in.

ALVAREZ6
02-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Son it's February of 2011, Amare did that in January of 2005. Idk what about doing pushups got you so angry about that you're making character judgments about him over 6 years later, but it's probably not healthy.

Who said I was so angry?

It was a lighthearted attack on one of another poster's favorite players...I thought things as such were pretty common in the NBA forum where all we do is say lol kobe, lol manu, lol dirk, lol mavs....

ALVAREZ6
02-12-2011, 08:46 PM
I tried some Indian food the other week for the first time in my life, and I must say I enjoyed it, even though I never thought I ever would. The scent of curry has turned me away for all of my life, but after trying it on chicken it isn't so bad, it's actually pretty good. The taste is nowhere near as strong as I had imagined all my life.

Apparently, I like India.

India is probably one of the last countries I'd like to live in.
:lol Texas

ALVAREZ6
02-13-2011, 01:53 AM
:lol