PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or is Amare Stoudemire ..

TNT21
05-31-2005, 12:49 PM
the luckiest SOB on the planet. This guy was throwing up some stupid ass looking shots and they were falling. It was pissing me off because normally those shots don't go, but it seems that the last 2 games if it's not a dunk, it's some sort of lucky ass shot that seems to fall.

Jimcs50
05-31-2005, 12:54 PM
an asshole?

OnlyOneGinobili
05-31-2005, 12:57 PM
How about the fact that the refs treat this guy like the leagues mvp? As many actual b-ball players here, I watch what happens away from the ball. I saw alot of holding on to jerseys... arms.. and anything they can get their hands on.

johndraegerhhs
05-31-2005, 01:00 PM
yea the refs werent doing shit

E20
05-31-2005, 01:02 PM
The refs didn't have anything to do with the game.

BUT Amare is stupid ass punk though.

Extra Stout
05-31-2005, 01:50 PM
Umm... if a guy keeps making "lucky" shots over and over again, maybe, just *maybe* it's not luck.

SPARKY
05-31-2005, 01:55 PM
Don't like his attitude that much but it's kind of hard to knock his game. Oddly enough, Ginobili seems to have a bit of the same kind of luck that Stoudemire does...

spur219
05-31-2005, 02:06 PM
Lets face it. Amare is a great player and extremely athletic. It doesn't surprise me that he makes those little shots because he had been working on that all offseason.

MiNuS
05-31-2005, 02:07 PM
the "Black Jesus" in Phoenix.

texbumTHElife
05-31-2005, 02:14 PM
I gotta say it is frustrating as hell to see him continue to make those baskets. I think it has just as much to do with our abismal defense of the pick'n'roll as it does with his athletic ability. Tim Duncan and every other big were constantly late last night on switching over to Amare and trying to keep him out fo the lane. I also think Amare gets away with lowering the shoulder and plowing through people a little too much (ala Shaq). It is our responsibility to stop him though and we havent showed even a glimmer of hope of pulling that feat off this year. Our defense against the Suns for the most part just makes me sick. I say go under the f'n pick and dont switch off. Make Steve Nash beat you by himself. It seems like everyone who uses this philosophy has success agains the Suns because Nash will wear down in the 4th.

Please just make the adjustment Pop. Tell Tony to start going under that pick.

TMSKILZ
05-31-2005, 02:22 PM
Amare has been getting away with his double post moves by throwing his shoulder into the Spurs Defenders chest to create space then going up for the dunk/layup. Refs are just looking the other way, not to mention he's shuffling his feet while doing this & refs again are looking away.

He threw up shots near the rim that just so happen to roll in for him, lucky shots.

weebo
05-31-2005, 02:29 PM
Amare is a very good offensive player. His O game heavily depends on his athleticism. He is a player that rather throw down dunks and take it strong to the hoop than finese with jump or hook shots. He doesn't have much of a low post game [i.e. not very effective low post moves]. Moreover, he is a type of player, not unlike Manu, that thrives on the chaotic. He is more dependent on an effective gaurd that can get him the ball in good position. On the other hand, he does little else. His lack of interior defense[except for the ocassional block] this series has almost single handedly eliminated the Suns from contention for the title. His help defense on the weakside is literally non exsistent. He will board only ocassionally and mostly on the offensive side. All in all, he is a younger version of a Chris Webber without the passing ability and whinning.

Rydia
05-31-2005, 02:36 PM
I hate Amare!!!
Ewww He is so gross! I see a lot of pushing and I see a lot of tangled arms and nothing! I also wanted a flagrant on him at the end with Manu! I must admit maybe Manu shouldn't grab him when they have already called a foul (I didn't even know they called one though) BUT You DONT slam someone on the ground like that. Especially on your home court. THat was ridiculous. I hate the Suns I hope they go down tomorrow night at their own court!!!!

heheheh

SirChaz
05-31-2005, 02:40 PM
I hate Amare!!!
Ewww He is so gross! I see a lot of pushing and I see a lot of tangled arms and nothing! I also wanted a flagrant on him at the end with Manu! I must admit maybe Manu shouldn't grab him when they have already called a foul (I didn't even know they called one though) BUT You DONT slam someone on the ground like that. Especially on your home court. THat was ridiculous. I hate the Suns I hope they go down tomorrow night at their own court!!!!

heheheh

LMAO!

Amare extended his arms forward, away from Manu and Manu fell backward away from the motion.

It was a monumental flop and the funny part is you fell for it.

You didn't realize they called fouls for bear hugs huh? At least not on Manu. :lol

Rydia
05-31-2005, 02:47 PM
Hey- I'm just being a true fan....All that talk I heard about how the refs gave the first three games to the Suns has been killing me (I live in Arizona). I just can't take it anymore! hehe
:princess

myhc
05-31-2005, 02:49 PM
Would Amare, with the year he's had, have made an impact on last summer's Olympics or not? He's a guy that scores on dunks and athletic moves inside and with the way we were being played with everybody packing the paint and daring people to shoot from outside, I say no. Same question for Dwayne Wade, another incredible scorer/slasher this year, but still suspect outside shot.

nkdlunch
05-31-2005, 02:50 PM
Would Amare, with the year he's had, have made an impact on last summer's Olympics or not? He's a guy that scores on dunks and athletic moves inside and with the way we were being played with everybody packing the paint and daring people to shoot from outside, I say no. Same question for Dwayne Wade, another incredible scorer/slasher this year, but still suspect outside shot.

Yes he would, if Nash played for Team USA

SirChaz
05-31-2005, 02:51 PM
Hey- I'm just being a true fan....All that talk I heard about how the refs gave the first three games to the Suns has been killing me (I live in Arizona). I just can't take it anymore! hehe
:princess

Anybody that says the refs cost the Suns any games in this series is an idiot and should go root for the Kings.

TNT21
05-31-2005, 02:53 PM

Amare needs a point guard that gets him the ball on the run, and stephon marbury is NOT that guy. So no, it wouldn't have mattered anyway!

Catharsis
05-31-2005, 03:00 PM
Amare has consistently hit those jumpers during the regular season. However, the only reason he ever shoots them is when a defender is playing him back trying to prevent a drive to the lane. He typically starts shooting the jumper to draw the defender out so he can attack the basket. He has some days where the jump shot is better than others, but I would say his similar to a Chris Webber type shooter from the perimeter.

Of course he dunks a lot, but that shot was the difference between last season and this season. Each season he's worked on a new aspect of his game. His first offseason it was his post-up game, last offseason it was the jump shot. I imagine this offseason it will be defense.

People may think he's an ass (he is a little immature), but he works his butt off to get better on the court.

Gummi
05-31-2005, 03:01 PM
Yep, it seems that he only needs to throw it somehow up and it will drop for him. He's great at that because he can hang in the air for a long time. Hate it when it dropps for him.

Xolotl
05-31-2005, 03:03 PM
Damn I hate Amare too that boy is good. I hate him with all of my passion.......when is he up for free agency??

SpursChampsIII
05-31-2005, 03:51 PM
Amare is good, but he is a product of the Suns' system. Without the fast pace game with all the 3-point shooters, he would be closer to ordinary than he is great. For example, let him fill the role of Tim Duncan and he would get slaughtered because he would draw double/triple teams like Tim does. I'm not worried about him, just play defense like the first 3 games, rotate to the 3-point shooters, and hit free throws and the Suns are gone tomorrow night. If we don't do all that, we might lose, but they still go home after Game 6.

SirChaz
05-31-2005, 03:55 PM
Amare is good, but he is a product of the Suns' system. Without the fast pace game with all the 3-point shooters, he would be closer to ordinary than he is great. For example, let him fill the role of Tim Duncan and he would get slaughtered because he would draw double/triple teams like Tim does. I'm not worried about him, just play defense like the first 3 games, rotate to the 3-point shooters, and hit free throws and the Suns are gone tomorrow night. If we don't do all that, we might lose, but they still go home after Game 6.

I guess that is why he won ROY under a completely different system. :lol

It all the system. It has nothing to do with talent. :lol
:lol :lol :lol

For his third year in the league as a big man out of HS his is incredible.

Imagine how good he will be once he learns to play basketball.

Gummi
05-31-2005, 04:00 PM
I'm just wondering why he sucked so much in the Olympics. Him and Marion and others, couldn't buy a basket in the Olympics. I thought Amare was only able to dunk, but I'm seeing that he has a decent jump shot.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-31-2005, 04:04 PM
He's athletic, and he's developing a jumper but his stats are inflated by Nash. Barkley was absolutely right about him in the Mavs series, there was really no reason why he shouldn't have been pulling down 20 a night in those games. Who else was in that rookie class when he got ROY? IIRC, I think he wasn't up against a very deep pool of talent, but that could just be the crack talking.

T Park
05-31-2005, 04:06 PM
Imagine how good he will be once he learns to play basketball.

Cant wait to see how hell do in a Laker uniform.

Xolotl
05-31-2005, 04:08 PM
The Lakers wont be able to make a serious run for him not enough cap room. I mean damn your paying Brian Grant a shitload of jack. That guy has been stealing money every since he left Portland

BillsCarnage
05-31-2005, 04:10 PM
Damn I hate Amare too that boy is good. I hate him with all of my passion.......when is he up for free agency??

Ladies, lets not forget that Amare' is working on his outside shot. He has a good 15ft'er and has hit a 3pt shot towards the end of the season. AND, he's only what, 21 or 22? Wait 5 years and see how he is.

As for free agency?? He'll be locked up this summer for the maximum, so everyone can kiss good by the chance of him leaving the Suns anytime soon.

AZLouis
05-31-2005, 04:10 PM
http://www.basketballreference.com/draft/draftyear.htm?yr=2002&lg=N Listing of 2002 NBA draft

Amare and Yao Ming were hotly debated that year for ROY. Amare was favored because the Suns went to the playoffs.

By the way Amare averaged 7 minutes per in the Olympics. He and Lebron rarely got playing time. http://www.usabasketball.com/seniormen/2004/04_moly_stats.html

Shows Larry Brown's intelligence.

Xolotl
05-31-2005, 04:11 PM
Ladies, lets not forget that Amare' is working on his outside shot. He has a good 15ft'er and has hit a 3pt shot towards the end of the season. AND, he's only what, 21 or 22? Wait 5 years and see how he is.

As for free agency?? He'll be locked up this summer most likely for the maximum, so everyone can kiss good by the chance of him leaving the Suns anytime soon.

What you mean they won't take Rasho and the Kiwi for him??? Damn

Catharsis
05-31-2005, 05:01 PM
Player A:
Season 1--13.5 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 1.1 bpg
Season 2--20.6 ppg, 9.0 ppg, 1.6 bpg
Season 3--26.0 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.6 bpg

Player B:
Season 1--10.4 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1.6 bpg
Season 2--17.0 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 2.1 bpg
Season 3--18.5 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 1.8 bpg

I'm sure you can guess who Player A is, how about Player B?

The point is Amare was already an accomplished scorer before Nash--he was also only in his second season when he first averaged over 20 ppg. Player B didn't average 20 ppg until his fourth year and is regarded as one of the best PFs in the game.

And as for the double and triple teams, HE ALREADY DOES! Have you not been watching the playoffs?

E20
05-31-2005, 05:13 PM
NVM. :lol

Catharsis
05-31-2005, 05:18 PM
Amare didn't have another big next to him. I guess you could say David Robinson was hogging all TD's touches. It's really funny Suns win one game and everybody is quick to declare Amare > TD.
What are you talking about? Player B is Kevin Garnett and NOBODY declared Amare better than Duncan. Quite the opposite.

And Robinson in his later years (Duncan's beginning years) did NOT take a lot of touches away from him. In fact, if you want to play that card, look at the touches Amare had taken away with Marbury, Hardaway and Marion playing with him his first two season.

SpursChampsIII
05-31-2005, 05:20 PM
Player A:
Season 1--13.5 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 1.1 bpg
Season 2--20.6 ppg, 9.0 ppg, 1.6 bpg
Season 3--26.0 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.6 bpg

Player B:
Season 1--10.4 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1.6 bpg
Season 2--17.0 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 2.1 bpg
Season 3--18.5 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 1.8 bpg

I'm sure you can guess who Player A is, how about Player B?

The point is Amare was already an accomplished scorer before Nash--he was also only in his second season when he first averaged over 20 ppg. Player B didn't average 20 ppg until his fourth year and is regarded as one of the best PFs in the game.

And as for the double and triple teams, HE ALREADY DOES! Have you not been watching the playoffs?

Your stats don't impress me...in fact, I'm glad you went through all the trouble of looking it up. Your reply does not dispute what I said. I HAVE watched all the games, and have attended the games here as well...try going to one in person, you'll get a better perspective of what's going on.

SpursChampsIII
05-31-2005, 05:23 PM
Amare didn't have another big next to him. I guess you could say David Robinson was hogging all TD's touches. It's really funny Suns win one game and everybody is quick to declare Amare > TD.

Duncan far > AS right now. Amare needs to mature a little more.

E20
05-31-2005, 05:26 PM
Catharsis I'm gonna call you C from now on. Too long to typ it out.

Damn C, don't be confusing just type out the names make people look stupid! :lol

AZLouis
05-31-2005, 05:29 PM
Their not his stats, they are Amare's compared to KG's in their 1st three seasons.

Why not be impressed? Is it because you do not like Amare?

Player C:
Season 1 -- 18.8 ppg, 14.6 rpg, 1.5 bpg
Season 2 -- 14.3 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 1.5 bpg
Season 3 -- 13.2 ppg, 13.1 rpg, 1.3 bpg

How's that compared to Amare? That's Moses Malone's stats in his 1st three pro years. http://www.basketballreference.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=MALONMO01

Amare does get double and triple teamed. Believe it or not.
Amare will be a force to reckon with for years to come. Believe it or not.

EDIT
Yes TD is better than Amare.

Catharsis
05-31-2005, 11:20 PM
Your stats don't impress me...in fact, I'm glad you went through all the trouble of looking it up. Your reply does not dispute what I said. I HAVE watched all the games, and have attended the games here as well...try going to one in person, you'll get a better perspective of what's going on.
It wasn't trouble...basketball-reference.com--great site!

What did I dispute or try to dispute? Most will agree that Garnett is one of the best PFs in the game. That was the point. Amare Stoudemire has been able to do more in his first two years than KG did in his first four. He's also scoring at will against the greatest PF in the game and NOT going to the line to do it (unlike Duncan).

Duncan far > AS right now. Amare needs to mature a little more.
Yeah, already claimed that about 10 times. He's 22, though. Imagine what he'll do in 7 years when he's 29 like Timmy.

baseline bum
05-31-2005, 11:31 PM
Stoudemire is a flat-out amazing player, and anyone who can't see it is blind. His D sucks, but he has the physical gifts to become a great all-around player under the right coaching. He's a hall-of-fame bigman, and unlike Garnett or Nowitzki, he's huge in the most important games already. He's easily the best bigman to come into the league since Duncan, and IMO the only bigs currently in this league who will finish with better careers are Shaq and Duncan.