PDA

View Full Version : When you have a team down...

SPARKY
05-31-2005, 01:54 PM
...fucking step on their fucking necks and snap it already. Son of a fucking bitch this is the 2nd time in 2 years they've been one win away from a NBA Finals appearance and lost a fucking home game. Fuck.

We're the Spurs.™

:cooldevil

Dex
05-31-2005, 01:56 PM
More basketball.

Big Pimp_21
05-31-2005, 01:56 PM
easy there sparky

MadDog73
05-31-2005, 01:57 PM
2nd time in 3 years you mean... Spurs didn't make the WCF last year. :depressed

Give credit to the Suns - they played their hearts out.

Look at the bright side: the Spurs now have a chance to beat the Suns in PHX in front of their Chicken-shit fans! :lol (j/k - Suns Fans are better than Sonic and Nugget fans)

E20
05-31-2005, 01:58 PM
MB, is going postal. :fro

ladiesman
05-31-2005, 01:58 PM
...fucking step on their fucking necks and snap it already. Son of a fucking bitch this is the 2nd time in 2 years they've been one win away from a NBA Finals appearance and lost a fucking home game. Fuck.

:cooldevil[/CENTER]

2nd time in two years? They lost in six to the fakers...

SPARKY
05-31-2005, 01:59 PM
Fuck it. Everyone here should be livid about last night's performance. Did they expect that the Suns wouldn't show? Did they expect that the Suns wouldn't pack the lane and force them to shoot? There's no excuse for last night's performance. None. Suns played a hell of a game but still, this is one win and you're in the championship round. Fuck Fuck Fuck.

SPARKY
05-31-2005, 01:59 PM
2nd time in two years? They lost in six to the fakers...

Semifinals that was.

They did the same thing in '03 to the Mavs that they did last night. Second time in 24 months or whatever if we are going to litigate this motherfuckers.

Fuck.

MadDog73
05-31-2005, 02:01 PM
Fuck it. Everyone here should be livid about last night's performance. Did they expect that the Suns wouldn't show? Did they expect that the Suns wouldn't pack the lane and force them to shoot? There's no excuse for last night's performance. None. Suns played a hell of a game but still, this is one win and you're in the championship round. Fuck Fuck Fuck.

:wtf Why should you be livid? Do you get any bonuses if the Spurs sweep or not?

Jesus, it's not like we're still one game away from winning. :rolleyes I'll save my angst until Game 7, thank you. Otherwise, no reason to panic.

SPARKY
05-31-2005, 02:03 PM
That was a fucking pathetic display last night.

Do you get a BJ if you rationalize their subpar performances? What the fuck, man? I thought it was over.

mavsfan1000
05-31-2005, 02:06 PM
Every team has a letdown game and I expect San Antonio to be completely different in game 5.

Ishta
05-31-2005, 02:10 PM

Do you get a BJ if you rationalize their subpar performances? What the fuck, man? I thought it was over.
Calm down it is over...Just think of the pain,and agony their fans will go through when they loose on their homecourt.....:lol

MadDog73
05-31-2005, 02:11 PM

Actually.... no. I wish. :angel

Dude, I thought it was over, too. Especially when we came back within one, I was screaming, "This is it. Take that, Suns." But the Suns pulled it out. Have to give credit to them, they made some flat out amazing plays those last few minutes. And the Spurs played like shit most of the game.

So, Spurs play like shit, and still almost win. That's what keeps me going, anyway. Now, if the Spurs lose Wed, and then again on Friday, I'll do my best chicken-little impersonation, I promise you.

But I honestly don't think it'll come to that.

E20
05-31-2005, 02:11 PM
Why is everybody so sure it's gonna end tommorw?

nickbroken
05-31-2005, 02:12 PM
Christ on a cracker, It was one loss?Man some people need to take Xanax and cool down, so the Suns pulled one out of their asses, you don't lose 3-0 and come back to take a series, and I don't want to her any Red Sox bullshit, they sold their sells for that series.

DDS4
05-31-2005, 02:12 PM
Even Jordan's Bulls lost some games along the way.

Chill.

tim_duncan_fan
05-31-2005, 02:13 PM
Finally someone with a brain. Sparky understands. We should have beat them why they were down. But unfortunately the nice friendly goofy spurs showed up last night instaed of the killer spurs.

MadDog73
05-31-2005, 02:14 PM
Why is everybody so sure it's gonna end tommorw?

I'm not. But the great thing is, we can lose tomorrow and still win on Friday.

But, the Spurs will play better tomorrow, I'd bet. And the Suns will have to duplicate their performance tonight to even keep it close. So, yeah, I'd say there's a good chance the Spurs will win this series, if not tomorrow, then on Friday. I picked Spurs in 6 anyway, so I'd at least make some v-bucks on the whole shitty deal.

Big Pimp_21
05-31-2005, 02:15 PM
I was mad as hell last night. Throwing stuff around and yelling. I thought Amare's block was a goaltend. I don't understand why a DOUBLE technical was call when Manu was thrown to the floor. All in all, though, we still have a 3-1 lead and we are going to a place where we already took 2 games. Not to mention the fact that Pop was probably pissed and the team will now have some extra motivation in game 5. We will win tomorrow by at least 7.

MadDog73
05-31-2005, 02:16 PM
Finally someone with a brain. Sparky understands. We should have beat them why they were down. But unfortunately the nice friendly goofy spurs showed up last night instaed of the killer spurs.

Were you watching the game? Two clutch 3's to get the game within 1 late 4th quarter, and you're calling the Spurs "goofy?"

Maybe a name change is in order, TD "fan".

texbumTHElife
05-31-2005, 02:18 PM
Good lord STFU already. The series is 3-1. The Spurs played lights out for 3 games straight. They are destined to have an off game at some point. Hell, as terrible as we played if Duncan just makes 50% of his FT's we most likely win the f'n game. Go run a couple miles or something, you have too much energy.

MadDog73
05-31-2005, 02:19 PM
I was mad as hell last night. Throwing stuff around and yelling. I thought Amare's block was a goaltend. I don't understand why a DOUBLE technical was call when Manu was thrown to the floor. All in all, though, we still have a 3-1 lead and we are going to a place where we already took 2 games. Not to mention the fact that Pop was probably pissed and the team will now have some extra motivation in game 5. We will win tomorrow by at least 7.

Amare's block was good. See other thread. He initiated contact before the ball reached the cylinder.

Manu's lucky he got a double-T on a pretty awful flop. Really, Amare got fouled twice, once by Tim, again by Manu, but they only called the foul on Manu.

But I agree that the Spurs are now motivated, esp. Tim. I'd be surprised to see another 15 pt game from him.

texbumTHElife
05-31-2005, 02:23 PM
Manu's lucky he got a double-T on a pretty awful flop. Really, Amare got fouled twice, once by Tim, again by Manu, but they only called the foul on Manu.

The only thing that bugged about that play, besides the terrible flop by Manu, was the fact that Tim Duncan was called for a jump ball with Amare for the EXACT same situation earlier in the game. The time when it was actually JJ who had tied Tim up not Amare but apparently even with the mask on JJ and Amare can still pass for twins.

MadDog73
05-31-2005, 02:25 PM
The only thing that bugged about that play, besides the terrible flop by Manu, was the fact that Tim Duncan was called for a jump ball with Amare for the EXACT same situation earlier in the game. The time when it was actually JJ who had tied Tim up not Amare but apparently even with the mask on JJ and Amare can still pass for twins.

shit, if that's true, good call. I didn't notice that. Who won that tip-off anyway?

ducks
05-31-2005, 02:25 PM
yeah the spurs should never ever lose
they need to win only

how many straight w's have they gotten before the loss?
a couple different bounces they would have won last night

Extra Stout
05-31-2005, 02:28 PM
SPARKY's frame of mind is correct.

Be livid with the Spurs because they mailed it in with a chance to go to the Finals. They ALWAYS fuck away prosperity. Now they have to go do it the hard way and expose themselves to needless risk, just like the Seattle series, but against a more difficult foe.

But for chrissakes, don't shit your pants like they're going to lose the series. They're still up 3-1. You'd think the Suns got credit for four wins yesterday, listening to these pathetic excuses for "fans" in South Texas.

MadDog73
05-31-2005, 02:36 PM
SPARKY's frame of mind is correct.

Be livid with the Spurs because they mailed it in with a chance to go to the Finals.

Woah. I'm surprised, Extra Stout. So, all those clutch plays by Manu, Robert and Bruce were just "mailing it in" eh?

Spurs played like shit, but they still tried. It wasn't like TD missed his FTs on purpose. Or told Amare, "Hey, block this slam, would you please?"

No, Spurs tried to win, the Suns just tried harder. That's the way it goes. Can the Suns do that 3 more times?!?

Extra Stout
05-31-2005, 02:56 PM
Woah. I'm surprised, Extra Stout. So, all those clutch plays by Manu, Robert and Bruce were just "mailing it in" eh?You don't win playoff games by waiting until midway through the fourth quarter to dial up the intensity. It was very clear when the Spurs starting trying. They figured Phoenix would fold under the pressure, or run out of gas like they did in the first two games. Wrong.

Spurs played like shit, but they still tried. It wasn't like TD missed his FTs on purpose. Or told Amare, "Hey, block this slam, would you please?"The Suns got looks at three-pointers without a white jersey within 10 feet of them for most of the third quarter. That is not an acceptable level of defensive effort.

The Spurs didn't play smart, and that betrays a lack of mental focus. I don't expect that will be repeated.

baseline bum
05-31-2005, 05:15 PM
The Spurs played timid to begin the game. They had every chance in the world to stomp their throats in the beginning, but they settled for a lot of jumpers and the ball movement and penetration sucked early. Offensive rebounds are the only thing that kep the Spurs in it early.

2centsworth
05-31-2005, 05:19 PM
Spurs just melted down on the free throw line. nothing more and nothing less.

timvp
05-31-2005, 05:23 PM
The Spurs should have ended it last night. Now they've opened a can of worms. The Suns win one home game and the pressure is on the Spurs not to get Red Soxed.

The Suns were ready to quit but the Spurs missed the chance. Now they'll have to go beat a hyped up team that knows they can win.

Great.

MadDog73
05-31-2005, 05:29 PM
The Suns were ready to quit but the Spurs missed the chance.

I call BS. That Suns team was NOT ready to quit.

Yes, the Spurs played sloppy. Yes, they missed FTs played lazy defense.

But it wasn't like the Spurs totally packed it in. They kept it close to the end. As long as they can do that every game from here on out, they have the better chance of winning this series.

Timvp, this is not baseball. The Spurs have to blow 3 in a row, while the Suns have to play their best game 3 times in a row. Is that possible? Sure.

But so unlikely, even I'd be willing to bet on the Spurs if I had any money.

timvp
05-31-2005, 05:56 PM
I call BS. That Suns team was NOT ready to quit.

Did you ready Amare's quotes before the game? He was all but saying the series was over.

Yes, the Spurs played sloppy. Yes, they missed FTs played lazy defense.

But it wasn't like the Spurs totally packed it in. They kept it close to the end. As long as they can do that every game from here on out, they have the better chance of winning this series.

The Spurs played like they were going to win just because they are the Spurs. They didn't have any fire until about five minutes to go in the game.

Timvp, this is not baseball. The Spurs have to blow 3 in a row, while the Suns have to play their best game 3 times in a row. Is that possible? Sure.

But so unlikely, even I'd be willing to bet on the Spurs if I had any money.

Yeah, the Spurs aren't known to collapse and lose four games in a row.

Sincerely,

2001 and 2004

Spurodamus
05-31-2005, 06:26 PM
http://members.aol.com/blackrose3000/images/negrodamus.jpg

Sometimes the Spurs make the Buffalo Bills seem clutch.

Sek-cMan
05-31-2005, 06:39 PM
I am a newbie at this forum, but heres my 2 cents.

A: Spurs were simply out hustled when it mattered most.
B: They had all the chances to end it , but failed to execute.
C: They chose to ignore several key matchup flaws that favored the suns.
D: Finally the failed to take advantage of opportunities.

It is not like it hasn't happened before, but with the spurs current mindset. I doubt we will be seeing the same type of game weds..

Spurs are quite resilient, and i cannot help but see this as a building block or stepping stone to the Spurs' ultimate goal.

Advancing to the NBA finals.

2centsworth
05-31-2005, 08:21 PM
I am a newbie at this forum, but heres my 2 cents.

A: Spurs were simply out hustled when it mattered most.
B: They had all the chances to end it , but failed to execute.
C: They chose to ignore several key matchup flaws that favored the suns.
D: Finally the failed to take advantage of opportunities.

It is not like it hasn't happened before, but with the spurs current mindset. I doubt we will be seeing the same type of game weds..

Spurs are quite resilient, and i cannot help but see this as a building block or stepping stone to the Spurs' ultimate goal.

Advancing to the NBA finals.
You're over analyzing what happened. It was a spurs free throw giveaway. Phoenix shot 57% and still should have lost IMO( just 4 more throws out of the 12 missed).

2centsworth
05-31-2005, 08:22 PM
The Spurs should have ended it last night. Now they've opened a can of worms. The Suns win one home game and the pressure is on the Spurs not to get Red Soxed.

The Suns were ready to quit but the Spurs missed the chance. Now they'll have to go beat a hyped up team that knows they can win.

Great.
Suns can't play any better than they did last night. My concern is if the spurs can keep up the pace for this next game, if they can and hit their freakin free throws and then it will be over tomorrow. It's all about the spurs and has little to do with the Suns.

ObiwanGinobili
05-31-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm just posting here to check out my new sig

ShoogarBear
05-31-2005, 08:54 PM
But unfortunately the nice friendly goofy spurs showed up last night instaed of the killer spurs.

http://www.fantasiescometrue.com/PVC/PVCIMAGES/pgoobasket.jpg

"He-yu-yu-yuck! Wanna see me shoot some free throws?"

Sek-cMan
05-31-2005, 09:11 PM
Suns can't play any better than they did last night. My concern is if the spurs can keep up the pace for this next game, if they can and hit their freakin free throws and then it will be over tomorrow. It's all about the spurs and has little to do with the Suns.

I agree there has been very few games that the Spurs lost solely on the skill of the opposing team. The majority of there losses are ones that can be controlled by them. In other words the spurs don't get beat as often as they beat themselves.

pooh
05-31-2005, 10:46 PM
Why is everybody so sure it's gonna end tommorow?

It will be over on Friday. It will be the first time the Spurs ever clinched a conference title on their homecourt. They'll do it for the fans.

Shirley@Spurs
05-31-2005, 10:49 PM
I believe Spurs will come back tomorrow!! :lmao

E20
05-31-2005, 10:49 PM
:lmao @ Shoogar

baseline bum
05-31-2005, 10:55 PM
The Suns looked ready to roll over and die in the first half last night... only, the Spurs didn't do shit to end them. They played with no energy in the first quarter especially. If the Spurs come out with any aggression at all in the first quarter this game becomes game 6 in 2003 or the anti-game 4, 2001. If they don't end this shit tomorrow the Spurs are going to have some serious questions to ask about themselves.

SPARKY
05-31-2005, 11:18 PM
Spurs fans are way too comfortable and forgiving. This is not about them missing out on a sweep or whatever this is about them fucking choking in an elimination game. At home, I will add. You don't want to let any opponent last longer than you can dispatch them. You want to jump their ass in such a game and have them thinking by halftime about which one of their ten homes they are going to visit first in the offseason. Frankly I am shocked that the Spurs came out that lackadasical in Game 4. The most disgusting Spurs loss I've seen in quite some time.