PDA

View Full Version : Kings Remove DeMarcus Cousins From Team Plane Following Altercation

Mel_13
02-13-2011, 07:43 AM
By Sam Amick

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Kings rookie forward DeMarcus Cousins was removed from team plane bound for Phoenix after an altercation with teammate Donte Greene, according to two sources close to the organization.

The incident, which was first reported by FanHouse, immediately followed a loss to Oklahoma City on Saturday night. Cousins, who had overcome early-season struggles of the performance and personality variety recently, is expected to be suspended for at least one game. Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie did not immediately return a call for comment.

According to the sources, Cousins (whose postgame interview can be seen here) was furious at the last play in which Tyreke Evans missed a three-pointer in the final seconds of regulation that would have won the game. Cousins, who had been calling for the ball in the post in the final possession, watched angrily as Greene inbounded the ball to Evans for the final shot.

After the buzzer, he ran the length of the court to catch up to Evans and Greene and was letting his opinions be known as he blew by them to enter the locker room. According to the sources, Greene and Cousins began exchanging words inside the locker room. The situation then escalated, with both players taking swings at each other before they were separated.

Petrie, according to the sources, made the decision to remove Cousins from the plane and will decide on Sunday how to proceed. It was a decision that was not popular with at least one member of the team, as one of the sources said veteran swingman Francisco Garcia argued vehemently for Cousins to remain on the plane before relenting when he was told his fight was futile.

There is certainly a bigger picture to consider for the Kings, though, as their volatile 20-year-old who was taken fifth overall in the June draft clearly has no plans to keep quiet about what ails the team. The situation has become nothing short of a power struggle between the rookie and the reigning Rookie of the Year, with Cousins' improved play of late giving him the gumption to question the way in which Evans is so often given carte blanche control of scenarios such as these....

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/02/13/demarcus-cousins-suspended-donte-greene-fight-sacramento-kings-nba/

Crytek
02-13-2011, 08:23 AM
He mad, he immature, but he right.

Chieflion
02-13-2011, 08:34 AM
He mad, he immature, but he right.

Agreed.

Texas_Ranger
02-13-2011, 08:43 AM
He's an idiot. With his stupid plays he already cost the Kings to lose 5-10 games.

Pero
02-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Not surprising, this kid doesn't seem to have any self control. Even though he's kind of right, Evans is like Mr Anti-Clutch, this isn't the way to go about it.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-13-2011, 10:57 AM
I guess were stuck with the mild mannered Greg Monroe I wanted Cousins but Monroe has been very good without the problems.

Venti Quattro
02-13-2011, 11:02 AM
Evans just fires away

tlongII
02-13-2011, 11:03 AM
I think Cousins will be an excellent player in the league. The Kings should hitch their wagon to Cousins before Evans.

Venti Quattro
02-13-2011, 11:05 AM
7aoiQMjakKQ

Lukor
02-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Dude needs to grow up. Even if he's right he can't just blow up like that.

ElNono
02-13-2011, 11:13 AM
If you've seen enough Kings games this season, you already know Cousins has problems upstairs... I don't know if it's just immaturity or what...

Venti Quattro
02-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Evans just sucks, but Cousins is kind of unprofessional at it.

However, he has all the right to blow off steam for that. I would be pissed too

Flux451
02-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Dont know why he is mad. Tyreke was a safer pass. Tyreke should have drove a little.

also, looke at around 1:06. Cousins clearly upset Evans didn't diss to him.

Kyle Orton
02-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Paul Westphal was a shit coach in Phoenix and he continues his legacy as a shit coach in Sacramento.

Venti Quattro
02-13-2011, 11:38 AM
Dont know why he is mad. Tyreke was a safer pass. Tyreke should have drove a little.

also, looke at around 1:06. Cousins clearly upset Evans didn't diss to him.

He already had a good seal on Collison and Tyreke still chucked a contested three.

Axe Murderer
02-13-2011, 11:50 AM
What's funny is that nobody mentions that Durant choked at the line.

I pointed out in another thread, that when Dirk made 1 of 2 FTs the other night and gave the Mavs a lead, that everyone called him a choker only because Afflalo made the game winner.

If Tyreke makes the three, then everyone here would be nailing KD to the tree of woe, but alas he missed it, so no mention of KD's two missed FTs. Interesting

nkdlunch
02-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Evans is the most retarded player in the league now. He took Ron Artest's record and took a shit on it. Dude must have an IQ of 30

Venti Quattro
02-13-2011, 11:54 AM
What's funny is that nobody mentions that Durant choked at the line.

I pointed out in another thread, that when Dirk made 1 of 2 FTs the other night and gave the Mavs a lead, that everyone called him a choker only because Afflalo made the game winner.

If Tyreke makes the three, then everyone here would be nailing KD to the tree of woe, but alas he missed it, so no mention of KD's two missed FTs. Interesting

What you're hearing is an after effect of KD's 2 missed freethrows. Had he made one, Tyreke's three would have been completely justified. We wouldn't even be talking about it if he made 2

Kyle Orton
02-13-2011, 11:56 AM
The Evans vs. Cousins feud is also an example of the immature sense of entitlement a lot of guys who chose to play for Calipari have.

Cry Havoc
02-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Evans is the most retarded player in the league now. He took Ron Artest's record and took a shit on it. Dude must have an IQ of 30

JR Smith says hello.

ElNono
02-13-2011, 12:02 PM

Cousins is not far behind. Look when somebody blocks him, or plays rough defense on him, he immediately start pushing them and looks like he's going to throw a punch... he got a few techs this season for stuff like that.

I don't even know how he managed to abuse Bynum earlier in the season, tbh... his game is pretty weak and he looks like a stat whore.

lefty
02-13-2011, 12:02 PM
What an idiot

Mafic didnt whine about deferring to Karim

He waited and waited until Riley gave him the green light

Axe Murderer
02-13-2011, 12:03 PM
What you're hearing is an after effect of KD's 2 missed freethrows. Had he made one, Tyreke's three would have been completely justified. We wouldn't even be talking about it if he made 2

I'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with my point.

I'm just saying that the only thing that separated KD from being a 'choker' in the minds of people on ST was a stupid shot on the part of Evans.

Dirk made 1 of 2 FTs

Durant made 0 of 2 FTs

Yet Dirk was the one who was labeled the choker

ElNono
02-13-2011, 12:06 PM
@Axe
I think you would have heard all about it if OKC would have lost the game...

Basically Evans bailed him out... :lol

Pero
02-13-2011, 12:08 PM

What record are you talking about?

4>0rings
02-13-2011, 12:44 PM
I guess Cousins never got over his attitude problems like he said in the draft...

Axe Murderer
02-13-2011, 12:45 PM
@Axe
I think you would have heard all about it if OKC would have lost the game...

Basically Evans bailed him out... :lol

exactly

FkLA
02-13-2011, 01:23 PM
lol @ mavfan coming in to protect dirk's honor

when durant gains a reputation for missing key FTs like dirk has...then talk. one pair of missed FTs does not give u that reputation, especially against a bottom-dweller during the reg season.

Axe Murderer
02-13-2011, 01:28 PM

when durant gains a reputation for missing key FTs like dirk has...then talk. one pair of missed FTs does not give u that reputation, especially against a bottom-dweller during the reg season.

The same Kevin Durant who's never even led his team to the 2nd round?

You're right, there should be no comparison to the two

Kyle Orton
02-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Tbh, another what if no one remembers is at the very end of game 6 of the 2006 finals the Heat were up by 3 and all D-Wade needed to do was make 1 outa 2 free throws to ice the game. He misses both and Terry has a wide open 3 to send it to overtime that he bricks. If Terry makes that 3 and Miami ends up imploding, Wade goes down as the "choker" in that series.

FkLA
02-13-2011, 01:51 PM
The same Kevin Durant who's never even led his team to the 2nd round?

You're right, there should be no comparison to the two

yea because their circumstances are similar :rolleyes

this is his 3rd yr in the league, he came into basically an expansion team...and made them a 50 win team his second yr. im sure dirk can makee such claims :lol

Kyle Orton
02-13-2011, 02:00 PM
yea because their circumstances are similar :rolleyes

this is his 3rd yr in the league, he came into basically an expansion team...and made them a 50 win team his second yr. im sure dirk can makee such claims :lol

This is Durant's 4th season and he made OKC a 50 win team in his 3rd season.

When Dallas drafted Dirk, they were considered one of the NBA's shittiest franchises and had been a lottery team for 8 straight years. Dirk, in his 3rd season, made them a 53 win team and took them to the 2nd round. So yeah, he kinda can make such claims.

duncan228
02-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Sounds like Cousins will likely miss the entire three-game road trip. This was definitely Petrie's call.

FkLA
02-13-2011, 02:11 PM
This is Durant's 4th season and he made OKC a 50 win team in his 3rd season.

When Dallas drafted Dirk, they were considered one of the NBA's shittiest franchises and had been a lottery team for 8 straight years. Dirk, in his 3rd season, made them a 53 win team and took them to the 2nd round. So yeah, he kinda can make such claims.

Touche. Although Im not sure that that team was clearly his, the way OKC was Durant's right away...considering Finley and Nash were there. Still unfair to Durant to criticize him for not leading his teams to what Dirk has though, considering that this is barely his 4th yr in the league.

dbestpro
02-13-2011, 02:18 PM
This is an example of what happens when you put a 20 year old on a team without any veteran leadership. This recipe has repeated itself many times in the past as it will many times in the future.

ChuckD
02-13-2011, 02:22 PM
As the meme goes, this will not end well. It has Dallas' Three J's or Starbury/Garnett written all over it.

Phillip
02-13-2011, 02:24 PM

tbh name all the other times when dirk missed key FTs in a big game. he did miss that one in the finals, and then the one against the nuggets. im just curious where he got this reputation for missing key FTs, aside from these two games?

Tbh, another what if no one remembers is at the very end of game 6 of the 2006 finals the Heat were up by 3 and all D-Wade needed to do was make 1 outa 2 free throws to ice the game. He misses both and Terry has a wide open 3 to send it to overtime that he bricks. If Terry makes that 3 and Miami ends up imploding, Wade goes down as the "choker" in that series.

+1 i was about to post the same thing

Axe Murderer
02-13-2011, 03:27 PM
:cry:cry:cry Dirk plays for the icky Mavericks, he's a choker :cry:cry:cry

kamikazi_player
02-13-2011, 03:29 PM
This might actually hurt the Kings if he complains like this. He seems to be overly cocky and gets mad if things don't go his way. Of course he's immature, but I hope he learns sooner or later that this is not the best way to go about it and the media is always watching him.

jjktkk
02-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Tbh, thats one of the downsides to one and done players, lack of maturity. Balls in Cousin's court if he wants to be a star or not.

Xylus
02-13-2011, 06:32 PM
You can't have too many headcases on one team, and it looks like the Kings might. Cousins has the potential to be a great player, but he never will be if his emotions get the better of him all the time.

He won't be playing tonight against the Suns, which is good for us.

TDMVPDPOY
02-13-2011, 06:57 PM
i bet yah beno did nothing

Killakobe81
02-13-2011, 07:11 PM
Dude needs to grow up. Even if he's right he can't just blow up like that.

Exactly and he has lost as many games as he won. Dude has talent but he may need Phil Jackson, Doc type coach to reel him ... (Doc is not PJ but has managed a diverse group of potential divas: Baby, Perk, and even KG ...to make them a cohesive team)

It may just be maturity but to me, his bball IQ seems low ...

Darth_Pelican
02-13-2011, 10:34 PM
Meanwhile, the Kings just beat a hot Suns team on the road without Cousins. I'm sure that made him feel even better :lol

lefty
02-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Xylus rant thread in 3, 2, ...

Killakobe81
02-13-2011, 10:40 PM
LOL suns were on a roll ...
right now all these games are trap games ...teams running on fumes waiting for ASB ...

FkLA
02-14-2011, 12:32 AM
LOL suns were on a roll ...
right now all these games are trap games ...teams running on fumes waiting for ASB ...

nahh

LA just sucks bro

FkLA
02-14-2011, 12:36 AM
tbh name all the other times when dirk missed key FTs in a big game. he did miss that one in the finals, and then the one against the nuggets. im just curious where he got this reputation for missing key FTs, aside from these two games?

brah it isnt just about missed FTs

his balls shriveled that game not just att the line...he took one FGA down that stretch, got fouled, and choked. he was deferring to stack, terry, and harris?you think pierce, kobe, or manu wouldve done thatt??not to mention terry took the last heave in that game 6 too.

Axe Murderer
02-14-2011, 12:44 AM
brah it isnt just about missed FTs

his balls shriveled that game not just att the line...he took one FGA down that stretch, got fouled, and choked. he was deferring to stack, terry, and harris?you think pierce, kobe, or manu wouldve done thatt??not to mention terry took the last heave in that game 6 too.

Did you even watch the game?

Two possessions before he hit a tough contested jumper with Haslem draped all over him and then the next possession he found a wide open Dampier under the rim for a dunk.

And then of course in game 5 he hit a ridiculously tough jumper in OT which would've won the game and most likely the series if not for the Harris 'foul' on Wade.

Do you enjoy getting your shit pushed in or something?

FkLA
02-14-2011, 03:07 AM
game 3 ??

nah go back and watch the last two-thre mins of that game bro

Axe Murderer
02-14-2011, 03:18 AM
i was talking about game 5.

I do generally agree with you that game 3 was one of Dirk's most disappointing performances of his career. My point was even though he failed to come through in the clutch that game he did almost everything in his power to will the team to victory in game 5.

Xylus
02-14-2011, 03:54 AM
Xylus rant thread in 3, 2, ...

http://www.chickyog.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/angry-mccain.jpg

Kyle Orton
02-14-2011, 10:34 AM
FkLA has moved the goal posts about 12 times in this thread. lol GNSF

redzero
02-14-2011, 10:50 AM

Wade played out of his mind during that series, so I don't if he'd be labeled a choker. It would take a lot of "what ifs" for that to happen, though.

Killakobe81
02-14-2011, 11:00 AM
nahh

SA just sucks bro

So that is what happened in Philly ... thanks!

lefty
02-14-2011, 11:31 AM
You can't have too many headcases on one team, and it looks like the Kings might. Cousins has the potential to be a great player, but he never will be if his emotions get the better of him all the time.

He won't be playing tonight against the Suns, which is good for us.
:lmao:lmao:lmao

cutewizard
02-14-2011, 11:34 AM
But but but the great Tiago Splitter owned him!!!!!!!

Splitter rules forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

FkLA
02-14-2011, 12:20 PM
i was talking about game 5.

I do generally agree with you that game 3 was one of Dirk's most disappointing performances of his career. My point was even though he failed to come through in the clutch that game he did almost everything in his power to will the team to victory in game 5.

He's had his big moments as well, noone is saying he chokes every single time...shitt Game 7 of the semis still hurts. But he's also had his share of dissapearances, which for a player of his caliber will definitely be remembered more than games he did well in. Game 3 where they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory were Dirk had 1 FGA down the stretch, Game 6 turnover at the end and allowing Terry to shoot all the shots, the way he got manhandled vs GS the following yr, etc.

FkLA has moved the goal posts about 12 times in this thread. lol GNSF

how so ???

FkLA
02-14-2011, 12:24 PM
So that is what happened in Philly ... thanks!

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5100/235668489.gif

Kyle Orton
02-14-2011, 01:32 PM
how so ???

Well, the most notable example is your post saying Durant >>> Dirk using facts that were blatantly false and then being forced to move the goal posts.

FkLA
02-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Well, the most notable example is your post saying Durant >>> Dirk using facts that were blatantly false and then being forced to move the goal posts.

I said this was Durant's 3rd year when its his 4th, and I stood corrected. I never said Durant >>> Dirk though...my point was simply that Durant may or may not end up being a choker, but as of right now he doesnt have the resume that Dirk has when it comes to choking. You cant take this one instance were he choked and be "well if that was Dirk hed get soo much shit for it". Dirk deserves that label because he's worked hard to get it, Durant still hasnt done any choking in crucial situations during the playoffs.

FkLA
02-14-2011, 02:33 PM
although i would take durant over dirk tbh

that just wasnt my point

sribb43
03-01-2011, 01:00 AM
This guy is absolute garbage. How westphal let's him play n the last 5 minutes is beyond me. He had 2 turnovers and 2 fouls in the last few minutes that could have cost SAC the game. If I was a GM, I wouldn't have drafted this lazy, low BBIQ, whining piece of shit

ElNono
03-01-2011, 01:21 AM
Co-sign. He has such smug about him, sense of entitlement... I really can't wait until one of his teammates just knocks him out cold and puts him in his place...

Banzai
03-01-2011, 06:06 AM
Co-sign. He has such smug about him, sense of entitlement... I really can't wait until one of his teammates just knocks him out cold and puts him in his place...

Or an opposing player not named Bynum lol

LakerHater
03-20-2011, 05:20 PM
9yQOi1fBmmQ

Muser
03-20-2011, 05:21 PM
lol Cousins..guy has so much talent too.

LakerHater
03-20-2011, 05:23 PM
WAY to hotheaded!

ElNono
03-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Unfortunately for him, you don't mess with Bob Delaney like that and expect no repercussions... :lol

LakerHater
03-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Webster comes up and puts his hands on Cousins, he wasnt walking towards or confronting anybody on the wolves. Webster walks up and pushes him back, Cousins reacts, and he gets tossed. WTF!!

ElNono
03-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Actually, it looks like he threw a punch or said something to Ridnour, then Ridnour pushed him, then the shit hit the fan... lol @ picking on Luke

Pelicans78
03-20-2011, 07:19 PM
This is why Cousins should have stayed in school longer. He had the talent to play in the league, but the not maturity to handle the losing.