PDA

View Full Version : Game announcers starting the excuses after LAL loss

Rummpd
02-13-2011, 06:27 PM
1. They were tired after the grueling 5 game trip (pardon me but did they not have almost a week off before recently and did not have 2 consecutive BBs like the Spurs)
2. Orlando needed this game more
3. Howard just went off

LAL eakes out one win against the Celtics, albeit when the Cs go cold and suddenly all is right with them? I don't think so despite the pawning media!!!!!!

kobe4life
02-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Dr Gump if the lakers didn't play at an earlier time today they would have own. Everybody knows the lakers suck when they play at an earlier time.

Banzai
Right because the Lakers got on the phone and called ESPN to make up excuses for them.

j.dizzle
You mad bra?

Mr. Body
02-13-2011, 06:31 PM
If only they had Carmello Anthony they would have won.

Steve Jobs
02-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Can you hear it? Listen.... No? Closer? You hear it? That faint crying sound. Yes?... It's the LAL dynasty dying. :lol

Rummpd
02-13-2011, 06:36 PM
You mad bra?

Mark it down LAL as they are currently playing are not even good enough to get past the Mavs in the 2nd round - this slow, old (older on average than Spurs), and non cohesive LAL team with a pathetic bench without changes is in deep trouble.

It was also so predictable LAL went away from Bynum and Gasol when the game was still close!

I was ready to give LAL a pass for all their bad play this season but to lose again to a fine team (albeit one struggling to get some confidence) by double digits (as they have already to the Heat, Boston, and Spurs all at least once this year) shows they are seemingly in serious decline.

The media really need to look closely at their pawning for the LAL and Kobe as they will soon need another story, i.e., how this team will ever revive after the loss of Jackson and the disgraceful exit they are heading for this year!

j.dizzle
02-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Mark it down LAL not getting past the Mavs in the 2nd round - this slow, old (older on average than Spurs), and non cohesive LAL team with a pathetic bench.

It was also so predictable LAL went away from Bynum and Gasol when the game was still close!

I was ready to give LAL a pass for all their bad play this season but to lose again to a fine team (albeit one struggling to get some confidence) by double digits (as they have already to the Heat, Boston, and Spurs all at least once this year) shows they are seemingly in serious decline.

The media really need to look closely at their pawning for the LAL and Kobe as they will soon need another story, i.e., how this team will ever revive after the loss of Jackson and the disgraceful exit they are heading for this year!
:lolYup, you definitely mad. Hey, atleast the Spurs are getting some recognition this season.:toast

Ghazi
02-13-2011, 06:48 PM
Lakers are fine.

Lakers/Mavs will be an epic WCSF :cry :cry

Koolaid_Man
02-13-2011, 06:49 PM
1. They were tired after the grueling 5 game trip (pardon me but did they not have almost a week off before recently and did not have 2 consecutive BBs like the Spurs)
3. Howard just went off

LAL eakes out one win against the Celtics, albeit when the Cs go cold and suddenly all is right with them? I don't think so despite the pawning media!!!!!!

A loss is not really a loss in Laker world...:lmao get over it..NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE SPURS...THEY ARE NOT IN LA's CLASS...DEAL WITH IT!!!

Killakobe81
02-13-2011, 06:54 PM
LOL Rummpd trying so hard to look for flaws ...
What happened on Friday night to the Spurs? Same thing happened today to the Lakers. No excuses a loss is a loss we got our ass beat. No whining from me ...

As for the announcers why do you spur fans care so much? Many say they love Sean elliott due to him being a homer, Now I dont think those guys are homers ...but if you do, just do what I do when i hear a "biased announcing crew" I laugh and dont take them too seriously, or I find the other announcing crew ...it's not that hard the ESPN radio crew is solid with Jack Ramsey and Will perdue on at least one game ...

As for your concern about the Lakers decline ...noted. No need to post it over and over. if you have a new take or something to add I would love to hear it (seriously)... But if not it just "smells" of desperation like you are trying (very hard) to convince yourself that we are done.

We are 4-1 on our long trio you guys 4-2 ... Does that mean I should be making posts about your impending collapse? Relax, Rummpd.

If you want to post LOL stuff cool. all in good fun. And you can keep posting about our decline ...just keep im mind it just smacks of desperation ... making a big deal about a game in February when there is little chance we face Orlando. They have beat us 4 out of the last 5 ...how did that work out for the magic come playoff time?

Better question is why can Orlando handle us that easy when just two weeks ago you could not? LOL

DPG21920
02-13-2011, 06:56 PM
We are 5-2 with a win over LA in LA.

Killakobe81
02-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Mavs and Spurs ...playoffs will be fun ...last few have been kind of boring ... for us!

Killakobe81
02-13-2011, 06:59 PM
We are 5-2 with a win over LA in LA.

My bad Wash doesnt count ... Just teasing.

Oh a two point victory over an unathletic, overrated, non-cohesive, declining and old Lakers team ...that is the highlight of the trip?

DJ Mbenga
02-13-2011, 06:59 PM
since when is hubbie a laker homer? he tells it like he sees it. there really isnt an excuse for the game. the lakers bricked thier make able shots. if you are an nba profesional player you should make those. the magic won because they only lost the paint by 4 points

DPG21920
02-13-2011, 07:02 PM
My bad Wash doesnt count ... Just teasing.

Oh a two point victory over an unathletic, overrated, non-cohesive, declining and old Lakers team ...that is the highlight of the trip?

Well they dominated the entire 2nd half and lead the entire time until the last 22 seconds by 5-8 points. They fell asleep at the wheel and allowed LA to get back into it, luckily they didn't have to pay for being lazy and losing focus.

Koolaid_Man
02-13-2011, 07:03 PM
yea man we were tired as fuck....it's amazing though how playas play their hearts out when LA comes to town because "BEATING LA" means something...whereas no one gets up for the Spurs...no one gives a fuck when playing SA...prolly the reason their record is what it is....lol

Killakobe81
02-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Irony and hypocrisy of this forum is hilarious ...

We are not good cant beat the Mavs but yet every game of ours is scrutinized and there are soo many posts about the Lakers by non Laker fans ...

IF we are in decline and done, why do you guys care so much? I'll tell you why ...
In the back of your minds you know like I know, there is another level that the Lakers will get to come playoff time ...and some of you even though you won't admit are worried if the Spurs still have that extra gear left ...
Mavs fans are just hoping they have it period ...

We will see maybe you are right and we are done ...but I doubt that and you guys do too ...you just HOPE we are ...

DPG21920
02-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Same reason Laker fans flood a Spurs board and post about Duncan's decline and "lol spurs".

ChuckD
02-13-2011, 07:10 PM
The funny thing is, the Magic didn't shoot very well from outside, 30.4%. They more than made up for it overall at 48.7%.

You can laugh at the Spurs losing to Philly on Friday, but it was only the second loss to a sub .500 team this season. SA also shot 33% from the field. No, that isn't a typo. Layups were rimming out. Hook shots and runners were hitting the back iron. The defense kept them in the game until probably the last minute, holding Philly to 35%. The Spurs didn't shoot well from range, 3-17, but if you subtract those, they were only 24-64 from two point range. It was just one of those games, and they are rare for SA this year. They shrugged it off and destroyed the Wiz, totalling more points (72) in the first half than they had in the Philly game. Everything that hit the rim bounced around and went in. Ginobili play 8 minutes, Duncan 12, and Parker 18, and we still beat them by 24.

ChuckD
02-13-2011, 07:11 PM
LOL Rummpd trying so hard to look for flaws ...
What happened on Friday night to the Spurs? Same thing happened today to the Lakers. No excuses a loss is a loss we got our ass beat. No whining from me ...

As for the announcers why do you spur fans care so much? Many say they love Sean elliott due to him being a homer, Now I dont think those guys are homers ...but if you do, just do what I do when i hear a "biased announcing crew" I laugh and dont take them too seriously, or I find the other announcing crew ...it's not that hard the ESPN radio crew is solid with Jack Ramsey and Will perdue on at least one game ...

As for your concern about the Lakers decline ...noted. No need to post it over and over. if you have a new take or something to add I would love to hear it (seriously)... But if not it just "smells" of desperation like you are trying (very hard) to convince yourself that we are done.

We are 4-1 on our long trio you guys 4-2 ... Does that mean I should be making posts about your impending collapse? Relax, Rummpd.

If you want to post LOL stuff cool. all in good fun. And you can keep posting about our decline ...just keep im mind it just smacks of desperation ... making a big deal about a game in February when there is little chance we face Orlando. They have beat us 4 out of the last 5 ...how did that work out for the magic come playoff time?

Better question is why can Orlando handle us that easy when just two weeks ago you could not? LOL
Because you were on the road today, and at home two weeks ago? That's pretty obvious, Sherlock.

Killakobe81
02-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Because you were on the road today, and at home two weeks ago? That's pretty obvious, Sherlock.

By vegas accounts, the road is only about a 3 point swing ...
And again I was not saying that as a flaw in some ways winning by 2 was more significant than the double digit win in SA ...just saying that if we make a big deal out of regular season wins I could point out the fact the Lakers won in NY and Boston when the spurs did not ... but who cares?!

It's the REGULAR SEASON ...

ElNono
02-13-2011, 07:28 PM
2-6 against the top 5 teams in the league... (1-3 at home, 1-3 on the road)...

With Phoenix, New York and Memphis getting over .500, they're now 15-12 against those teams.

If the Lakeshow is truly coasting, they're doing a damn good job at it... :lol

ElNono
02-13-2011, 07:29 PM
I don't rule them out, but to say this team is playing at the same level as last season is really lying to yourself...

namlook
02-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Mark it down LAL as they are currently playing are not even good enough to get past the Mavs in the 2nd round - this slow, old (older on average than Spurs), and non cohesive LAL team with a pathetic bench without changes is in deep trouble.

Post Bookmarked! See you in the playoffs... :lmao

Killakobe81
02-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Orlando aint shit ...so who cares? Only way we see Miami is if Boston falters ...so here is what matters ...sorta

Spurs 0-2
Celts 1-1
Mavs 0-1

1-4 is not pretty ... but wasnt that how we beat the spurs in the playoffs last time we faced them?

As for "coasting", I think we need a "minor" move ...because I think emotionally/mentally we are on fumes. This is our 4th straight potential deep playoff run ...I know making 3 straight Finals and shooting for a 4th is something out of the real of possibilty for a lessor franchise :lol
But the Celts, Lakers and even the Bulls know how hard that is. MJ took 1.5 years off because he was drained from 3 and he is the GOAT ...

We will be fine ...

alchemist
02-13-2011, 07:58 PM
National media always have excuses lined up for Boston or the Lakers in case they lose. Nothing to see here.

DJB
02-13-2011, 08:21 PM
yea man we were tired as fuck....it's amazing though how playas play their hearts out when LA comes to town because "BEATING LA" means something...whereas no one gets up for the Spurs...no one gives a fuck when playing SA...prolly the reason their record is what it is....lol

Whatever helps you sleep at night, faggot. :tu

Rummpd
02-13-2011, 08:47 PM
Orlando aint shit ...so who cares? Only way we see Miami is if Boston falters ...so here is what matters ...sorta

Spurs 0-2
Celts 1-1
Mavs 0-1

1-4 is not pretty ... but wasnt that how we beat the spurs in the playoffs last time we faced them?

As for "coasting", I think we need a "minor" move ...because I think emotionally/mentally we are on fumes. This is our 4th straight potential deep playoff run ...I know making 3 straight Finals and shooting for a 4th is something out of the real of possibilty for a lessor franchise :lol
But the Celts, Lakers and even the Bulls know how hard that is. MJ took 1.5 years off because he was drained from 3 and he is the GOAT ...

We will be fine ...

Yep Lakers right on track to lose to the Mavs in the WCSF so Spurs real worry is the Mavs.

Venti Quattro
02-13-2011, 08:54 PM
It's a long road trip, and tomorrow they play their 4th game in 5 days. Maybe it's valid, maybe it's not.

Mr. Body
02-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Stern will make sure the Lakers get one or two very nice bench players.

TampaDude
02-13-2011, 10:12 PM
1-4 is not pretty ... but wasn't that how we beat the spurs in the playoffs last time we faced them?

Yeah, with a little "help" from Joey. :lol

Killakobe81
02-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Dfish the spur killer .4, a 3 point barrage, the no foul on Barry ...Dfish just loves to bury the spurs ...

Killakobe81
02-13-2011, 10:14 PM
Plus he is one of the only floppers in Manu's class ...

TampaDude
02-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Dfish the spur killer .4, a 3 point barrage, the no foul on Barry ...Dfish just loves to bury the spurs ...

Don't kid yourself...he had some "help". :lol

Killakobe81
02-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Don't kid yourself...he had some "help". :lol

Oh I know Dfish was never the "star" but when it's time for the "killshot" Dfish has delivered as often as Kobe and when he does it hurts yall more because he is just an average player clutch, and tough as nails but just average ...and he busts yall ass ...

Mr. Body
02-13-2011, 10:19 PM

.jpg of Fisher crying after the Spurs destroyed them.

TampaDude
02-13-2011, 10:28 PM
.jpg of Fisher crying after the Spurs destroyed them.

http://msofficer.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/derek-fisher-crying.jpg

:toast

Killakobe81
02-13-2011, 10:38 PM
yep and that was BEFORE 0.4 and the Barry no foul call ...

I'll say he paid you back in spades ...LOL

Killakobe81
02-13-2011, 10:38 PM
Does someone want me to post 0.4 I was planning on waiting for May ...but if yall want to post links and pics ...

ElNono
02-13-2011, 10:53 PM
Does someone want me to post 0.4 I was planning on waiting for May ...but if yall want to post links and pics ...

We can post '07 pics when we got over .4...

tbh, at least the Lakeshow lost to Orlando, a team on the upper echelon of the East coast...

What your excuse OKC? :lol

Mr. Body
02-13-2011, 11:39 PM
.jpg of Fisher bawling like a little bitch-ass baby after the Spurs destroyed them. Wut a pussy.

ChuckD
02-13-2011, 11:40 PM
We can post '07 pics when we got over .4...

tbh, at least the Lakeshow lost to Orlando, a team on the upper echelon of the East coast...

What your excuse OKC? :lol

tbh, the Lakers are having to spin or explain some dumb loss, or the failure to beat a legit team about once a week. I'm starting to believe they just aren't very fucking good anymore.

Ginobili2Duncan
02-14-2011, 12:22 AM
Yeah, the excuses ESPN makes for the Lakers everytime they get butchered by an elite team are sickening.

Very few pundits(Walton and Smith) made these sorts of excuses for the Spurs when they were the defending champions three years ago.

When the Spurs lost these kinds of games they were "too old" and "done". Now, that the shoe is on the other foot and the Lakers are the older and less athletic team; they are "just coasting" or "disinterested".

I guess ESPN has to find some way to keep the casual NBA fans interested if the Lakers aren't on top of the standings.

SourCandy
02-14-2011, 01:16 AM
.jpg of Fisher bawling like a little bitch-ass baby after the Spurs destroyed them. Wut a pussy.

passion :king

TampaDude
02-14-2011, 01:54 AM
yep and that was BEFORE 0.4 and the Barry no foul call ...

I'll say he paid you back in spades ...LOL

Fish didn't pay back shit. Both in 2004 and 2008, the Lakers got fucking assraped in the Finals, so neither of those things mattered in the end. At least we finished the job in 2003 after making Kobe and Fish cry like the little punk bitches they are. :p:

Fish is old and slow now, and a huge liability on defense. Y'all better make a trade. :lol

Sec24Row7
02-14-2011, 01:55 AM
zDAmPIq29ro

Killakobe81
02-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Fish didn't pay back shit. Both in 2004 and 2008, the Lakers got fucking assraped in the Finals, so neither of those things mattered in the end. At least we finished the job in 2003 after making Kobe and Fish cry like the little punk bitches they are. :p:

Fish is old and slow now, and a huge liability on defense. Y'all better make a trade. :lol

Something we agree on! But I lived in SA, you can cry that shit dont matter stuff to folks that dont know better. I moved to SA almost two years AFTER 0.4 ... I saw the F Derek Fisher T-shirts, and I heard the boos in the AT&T in 2008 so dont try and play that it don't matter card .. Dfish is ALMOST as hated as Terry probaly a couple notches behind Cuban and one behind Kobe ...

eisfeld
02-14-2011, 11:41 AM
A loss is not really a loss in Laker world...:lmao get over it..NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE SPURS...THEY ARE NOT IN LA's CLASS...DEAL WITH IT!!!

'sup spooky, Thundpimp, TaeBoNinja?

TampaDude
02-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Something we agree on! But I lived in SA, you can cry that shit dont matter stuff to folks that don't know better. I moved to SA almost two years AFTER 0.4 ... I saw the F Derek Fisher T-shirts, and I heard the boos in the AT&T in 2008 so don't try and play that it don't matter card .. Dfish is ALMOST as hated as Terry probably a couple notches behind Cuban and one behind Kobe ...

Wow...two years later and they were still wearing F DFish shirts? I'd be wearing my Spurs 2005 NBA Champions shirt. :hat

Killakobe81
02-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Wow...two years later and they were still wearing F DFish shirts? I'd be wearing my Spurs 2005 NBA Champions shirt. :hat

This chick who used to flirt with me at work wore it on casual day just to piss me off ...saw afew more at BWW off of 281N in 2008 ...that was the best ...man they hated me and my boy in that bar after we won ... LOL.

Spur fans are pretty passionate ...an dthey hate the fact there are so many Laker fans in town ... LOL

Venti Quattro
02-14-2011, 07:13 PM

Why not wear your back to back shirt too? :hat :hat

LnGrrrR
02-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Post Bookmarked! See you in the playoffs... :lmao

Tbh Namlook... why are you still gray?

Rummpd
02-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Now they will really come out of the woodwork after Charolette kicks their tail tonight.

Venti Quattro
04-26-2011, 11:39 AM
I wonder why Rummpd constantly calls the Lakers as LAL. Is that in his arsenal of faggotry?

Koolaid_Man
04-26-2011, 12:01 PM
3. Howard just went off

you know the routine...Spurs 1 game to the Grizzles 3....:lmao