PDA

View Full Version : time to give up the series just like last year.

tim_duncan_fan
05-31-2005, 12:34 PM
This is one of the few things I don't like about duncan. If he misses one freethrow he has to miss a bunch. And if he misses freethrows he won't shoot again for the fear that he'll get fouled. He scares too easily.

johndraegerhhs
05-31-2005, 12:42 PM
i know what u mean

tim_duncan_fan
05-31-2005, 02:07 PM
I am not jumpimg off the bandwagon. I repeat I am NOT jumping off the bandwagon. That said I think that the team that wants to win most should get to move on and if thats not us then oh well we don't deserve to move on. I have never seem a spurs team play gutsy like phoenix did last night. And we need to learn to play like that. I've seen some post about them playing their best and us playing our worst and they barely won but that is my point. They were trying to win with all there strength and we were not and I HATE teams that play like we do. If something isn't going our way we say oh well and just let our opponent win. That attitude got us killed last year and it could happen again. Sure they have to win 3 in a row but didn't some team win 4 in a row to beat us last year? And no the round does not matter. If we lost 4 in a row in the conference semis last year we can lose 3 in a row in the conference finals. That was really stupid of us to lose that game last night. Don't be suprised if we actually lose the next 3.

FromWayDowntown
05-31-2005, 02:13 PM
I have never seem a spurs team play gutsy like phoenix did last night. And we need to learn to play like that. .

[can't believe I'm actually responding to this] Did you just start watching the Spurs recently, or if not, have you suffered some tragic blow to the head that has deprived you of your memory?

Aside from the fact that the Spurs have rarely faced circumstances that dire, I can think of countless times in just the last few years where the Spurs have played important, had-to-have them games in hostile environments and won. The 2 road playoff games in Denver this year come to mind. Game 6 in Seattle comes to mind, too. How about Game 6 of the 2003 West Finals in Dallas -- that was a pretty gutty effort to rally and win that game. Or Game 6 of the 2003 West Semis in Los Angeles -- but that wasn't gutsy, it was dominating. Or even Game 6 of the 2003 Finals.

Short-term memory is a bad, bad thing.[/can't believe I'm responding to this]

texbumTHElife
05-31-2005, 02:15 PM
Just stop with this mularkey!

Spurs in 5, bank on it.

mavsfan1000
05-31-2005, 02:16 PM
The lakers are a better team than Phoenix. They had 4 hall of famers and the refs.

nkdlunch
05-31-2005, 02:19 PM
I have never seem a spurs team play gutsy like phoenix did last night.

:drunk

At least watch some Spurs games before calling yourself TD Fan

tim_duncan_fan
05-31-2005, 02:22 PM
We'll win game 5. Bank on it. Sound familiar? I'm sure we were all saying that last year after losing those road games against the lakers.
I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Because I hate being disappointed.

Extra Stout
05-31-2005, 02:23 PM
I have never seem a spurs team play gutsy like phoenix did last night.

So... I'm guessing you didn't watch Games 1 or 2 of this series, nor Game 6 in Seattle, nor Games 3 and 4 in Denver.

The Spurs have such shitty fans. They've become some of the shittiest in the league. I don't even remember Laker fans bandwagoning this much. WOAI has become a wasteland of shellshocked ingrate losers. It would be nice if the government could just transfer 90% of the residents of San Antonio out to the Chihuahuan desert to die of exposure, and replace them with real fans who will appreciate this team.

texbumTHElife
05-31-2005, 02:25 PM
We'll win game 5. Bank on it. Sound familiar? I'm sure we were all saying that last year after losing those road games against the lakers.
I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Because I hate being disappointed.

We werent up 3-1 last year and we hadnt dominated the Lakers in all but one game and opnly lost the one game because Tim Duncan couldnt find the rim on FT's.

ladiesman
05-31-2005, 02:26 PM
The lakers are a better team than Phoenix. They had 4 hall of famers and the refs.

That is right !!!! The only thing Phoenix is missing are the HOF's !!!

dcole50
05-31-2005, 02:26 PM
we're up 3-1. step away from the ledge people.

MadDog73
05-31-2005, 02:28 PM
Good God, I'm really starting to hate tim_duncan_fan.

Are you SpursFan05 back from the dead or something?

At least think before you write this shit down and others are dumbed down by reading it and responding to it. (WTF am I doing? Ignore....)

tim_duncan_fan
05-31-2005, 02:29 PM
When I say gutsy I mean like come from behind dogfight wins. We shot 70 percent in the fourth quarters of one and two. That is not gutsy thats lightsout shooting. I mean we never win when we are struggling.

MadDog73
05-31-2005, 02:31 PM
So... I'm guessing you didn't watch Games 1 or 2 of this series, nor Game 6 in Seattle, nor Games 3 and 4 in Denver.

The Spurs have such shitty fans. They've become some of the shittiest in the league. I don't even remember Laker fans bandwagoning this much. WOAI has become a wasteland of shellshocked ingrate losers. It would be nice if the government could just transfer 90% of the residents of San Antonio out to the Chihuahuan desert to die of exposure, and replace them with real fans who will appreciate this team.

No shit. 2 Championships in 7 years and people are ready to kill themselves after one stupid loss. God! No wonder other teams hate us, we're total pussies.

Other fans can only dream what the Spurs have!

nkdlunch
05-31-2005, 02:32 PM
When I say gutsy I mean like come from behind dogfight wins. We shot 70 percent in the fourth quarters of one and two. That is not gutsy thats lightsout shooting. I mean we never win when we are struggling.

Dude, let me help you out. Move your mouse all the way down to the left corner of the screen. Click on Start, choose Shutdown, and OK.

And don't turn your computer on ever again!!!

FromWayDowntown

cough, cough Seattle, Game 6 this year. Denver, Game 4 this year. New Jersey, Game 6 in 2003. Dallas, Game 6 in 2003. Los Angeles, Game 6 in 2003. cough, cough

You obviously haven't been watching for very long.

mavsfan1000
Tim Duncan fan is the more calmed down version of Spursfan 05

tim_duncan_fan
05-31-2005, 02:36 PM
I'm surprised there aren't a bunch of people griping like me.These guys don't get paid megabucks each year to slack off. If you think about it they are getting millions to play a GAME. They should never take games off. And also it's this "We're so far up they'll never catch us" mentality they made us lose last year. Sure you can blame the refs but for the most part it was the spurs themselves. And for crying out loud get a freethrow coach. You'd think they would have thought about that after 8 years.

mavsfan1000
05-31-2005, 02:39 PM
It shouldn't happen but it does happen. Some days the adrenalin and energy level is not there and teams don't look like they're playing as hard.

MiNuS
05-31-2005, 02:42 PM
No shit. 2 Championships in 7 years and people are ready to kill themselves after one stupid loss. God! No wonder other teams hate us, we're total pussies.

Other fans can only dream what the Spurs have!

please GOD I hope this attitude is not the one the SPURS have!!!!!
Complacency is not acceptable!!!!

Last years Spurs showed complacency against the Lakers. I just hope this does not become a habit. Thats all.

MadDog73
05-31-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm surprised there aren't a bunch of people griping like me.These guys don't get paid megabucks each year to slack off. If you think about it they are getting millions to play a GAME. They should never take games off. And also it's this "We're so far up they'll never catch us" mentality they made us lose last year. Sure you can blame the refs but for the most part it was the spurs themselves. And for crying out loud get a freethrow coach. You'd think they would have thought about that after 8 years.

So, because Tim gets paid millions of dollars, I should be mad at him when he misses a free throw? Why, do I get a bonus if he sweeps the Suns?

This whole idea that fans "deserve" to watch flawless Basketball is pure BS. These guys, like you and me, are human, ie, not perfect.

If you think you can do better, go try out for the NBA.

Until then, STFU, sit back, and enjoy the game for once.

weebo
05-31-2005, 02:44 PM
Many of you in here seem to forget that the Suns are a pretty good team. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills but did everyone forget a pretty important fact this year? THE SUNS WERE THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE THIS YEAR AND THIS YEAR'S NUMBER ONE SEED. Our Spurs have played great this series taking it strong to the best team in the league. Give the Suns credit for playing with the sorta urgency they've lacked this series. They were game last night and deserved to win-the Spurs didn't respect that so we lost. So quit bitching about coaching, blown calls, and conspiracy theories and support the Spurs!

MiNuS
05-31-2005, 02:45 PM
Oh......I smell maybe someone here is an NBA player? hmmmm?

SpursWoman
05-31-2005, 02:45 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/sucks5.jpg

MiNuS
05-31-2005, 02:47 PM
Many of you in here seem to forget that the Suns are a pretty good team. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills but did everyone forget a pretty important fact this year? THE SUNS WERE THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE THIS YEAR AND THIS YEAR'S NUMBER ONE SEED. Our Spurs have played great this series taking it strong to the best team in the league. Give the Suns credit for playing with the sorta urgency they've lacked this series. They were game last night and deserved to win-the Spurs didn't respect that so we lost. So quit bitching about coaching, blown calls, and conspiracy theories and support the Spurs!

the best record was aided by Timmy being out for so long in IR.

Xolotl
05-31-2005, 02:48 PM
Yeah but didn't Nash miss a good amount of games also?

mavsfan1000
05-31-2005, 02:48 PM
The regular season doesn't decide if you are the best team. The suns have some flaws that are more exposed against San Antonio than any other team. Teams that run back at them they have trouble with. The suns don't have an answer for Duncan. They have the worst defense in the league while San Antonio has the best defense and defense wins championships.

tim_duncan_fan
05-31-2005, 02:54 PM
Mad dog I'm not saying be perfect but at least look like you're trying to make the freethrows. I'm not saying I could do better than tim but I AM saying I couldn't airball a freethrow if I tried to and I don't see how he could either when he's probably twice or 3 times as strong as I am and he's been in the league 8 or 9 years now. I could teach my sister to shoot a freethrow in a day but he hasn't figured it out in 8 years. How could you not be at least disappointed if not mad when duncan makes only 3 out of 12 freethrows and that would have made the difference in the game?

samikeyp
05-31-2005, 03:01 PM

Hey....fuck you.

Some of us have been here through it all since the 70's and are not about to back off now just because they lost a playoff game. You need to fucking check yourself before you ignorantly label an entire fan base because of the "chicken little" mentality of a loud few.

myhc
05-31-2005, 03:02 PM
Mad dog I'm not saying be perfect but at least look like you're trying to make the freethrows. I'm not saying I could do better than tim but I AM saying I couldn't airball a freethrow if I tried to and I don't see how he could either when he's probably twice or 3 times as strong as I am and he's been in the league 8 or 9 years now. I could teach my sister to shoot a freethrow in a day but he hasn't figured it out in 8 years. How could you not be at least disappointed if not mad when duncan makes only 3 out of 12 freethrows and that would have made the difference in the game?

Tim has always been up and down with his free throws. If the greatest player in the game is having trouble with his free throws, you know it isn't as easy as something your sister can do. Just accept the fact that he will always have his battles at the free throw line and you'll sleep better at night.

Solid D
05-31-2005, 03:06 PM
tim duncan fan is a misnomer. Chicken Little is a more appropriate name. I hereby shall refer to you as CL until you come correct. I don't encourage others to call you this. This nickname for you is mine and mine alone. I am calling you out CL. Come correct, shake yourself, snap out of it!!!

CL, Here's another one of your whiney "I'm not saying although I am saying" threads following a loss near the end of the season to Memphis, in Memphis without Parker.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=224041#post224041

I'm sure you'll show up again, peep-peep-peeping after 1 loss in the NBA Finals, CL. Now hop back under mother hen's wings where you can be more comfy.

tim_duncan_fan
05-31-2005, 03:09 PM
I might not be able to teach my sister to shoot freethrows but that is just because she couldn't get the ball to the rim on a ten foot goal. Hey that sounds like some famous power forward who plays in south texas.

Ps. I criticize Duncan because I know he can do better.

tim_duncan_fan
05-31-2005, 03:12 PM
Solid D-You know I WAS right though and we did get better.

Good job to me for calling them out. Babying our favorite players and making excuses for them is not the way to go.

Solid D
05-31-2005, 03:24 PM
Oh, so YOU were the one who held up the sky to keep it from falling.

thispego
05-31-2005, 03:32 PM
tim_duncan_fan....

dude you are lame

with fans like you, why would tim need enemies?

myhc
05-31-2005, 03:35 PM
I might not be able to teach my sister to shoot freethrows but that is just because she couldn't get the ball to the rim on a ten foot goal. Hey that sounds like some famous power forward who plays in south texas.

Ps. I criticize Duncan because I know he can do better.

Apparently you forgot Duncan essentially put game 3 out of reach by going 15-15. Having a short memory is so convenient.

SpursChampsIII
05-31-2005, 03:53 PM
Please stop posting...you're embarrasing yourself.

tim_duncan_fan
05-31-2005, 03:58 PM
This series is not over. What if they win game 5?

nkdlunch
05-31-2005, 04:00 PM
Dude your threads suck. Stop making new ones.

Vashner
05-31-2005, 04:01 PM
Why does he not use the backboard on Free throws??

Kori Ellis
05-31-2005, 04:07 PM
timduncanfan :rolleyes

I merged all your random thoughts threads into one. Next time, you have an idea, just keep posting in this same thread.

Thanks.

Solid D
05-31-2005, 04:09 PM
:rollin @ Kori
Nice!

Hook Dem
05-31-2005, 04:17 PM
http://img232.echo.cx/img232/2330/mentallydeficient7em.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

ALVAREZ6
05-31-2005, 04:56 PM
What I cannot understand about Duncan's freethrows was that he started bricking front him. What does he do to adjust? Brick front rim another 8 times. You would think he would at least try to put a little more on his shot. One time, he even air-balled.

Incredible.