PDA

View Full Version : Buck Harvey: Parker better without clutter

duncan228
02-14-2011, 01:48 AM
Buck Harvey: Parker better without clutter (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/02/14/buck-harvey-parker-better-without-clutter/)
by Buck Harvey

NEWARK, N.J. — For one of the few nights this season, Tony Parker’s private life was pulled into a public arena.

Every time he touched the ball early in the game in Philadelphia, a couple of fans near the floor yelled the first name of an American celebrity.

“E-va, E-va!”

Parker reacted as he has all season. He didn’t. He smiled later in the locker room and said he rarely hears such things.

“I hear Pop more,” he said.

That’s the post-Hollywood Parker. He’s single and trying for double-doubles, and little else is on his mind. Injuries have healed, his contract status has been settled and all he’s living for is the next possession.

Keep reading...

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/02/14/buck-harvey-parker-better-without-clutter/

lefty
02-14-2011, 01:52 AM
Good article on the Spurs' 4th best player

G-Dawgg
02-14-2011, 02:23 AM
You can tell he's taking the game much more seriously this year, he does't look thick and out of shape like he was last year and he seems to be sharing the ball alot better this year and getting to the rim better rather than settling for mid-range jumpers all game like he did all last season..

gilmor
02-14-2011, 02:31 AM

Please continue your hatred. Parker will be the best player after this year.

Pauleta14
02-14-2011, 03:16 AM

I think he's kidding, this was probably directed to ducks...

lefty
02-14-2011, 09:48 AM

I think he's kidding, this was probably directed to ducks...
Exactly :tu

howbouthemspurs
02-14-2011, 10:02 AM
It is a shame that Parker is not an All Star this year. I bet he's going to go nuts after the all star break and just completely destroy teams. Fuck Eva! He could've done a whole lot better! I hear Lindsay Lohan is single and straight again.

manufan10
02-14-2011, 10:10 AM

:lol

ducks is probably spinning around in his grave after that.

tp2021
02-14-2011, 10:21 AM
It is a shame that Parker is not an All Star this year. I bet he's going to go nuts after the all star break and just completely destroy teams. Fuck Eva! He could've done a whole lot better! I hear Lindsay Lohan is single and straight again.

Tony wouldn't fuck that drug-addicted whore with Brent Barry's dick.

SenorSpur
02-14-2011, 10:35 AM
It is truly a shame that Parker didn't make the all-star team. Despite the fact there are several top-notch PGs in the Western Conference, normal precedent holds that players on the team with the best record usually get the strongest consideration and the nod.

Besides the fact that Parker has certainly played well enough to warrant such an honor, the NBA has chosen 3 Celtics (Pierce, Garnett and Allen) to represent their team on the East squad. Spurs have THE NBA's best record and have only 2 representatives.

Cry Havoc
02-14-2011, 10:46 AM
Exactly :tu

:wow

It's hard to keep track of who hates who these days.

birdy219
02-14-2011, 12:42 PM

I took it as a compliment after Ice, David, Timmy, then Tony.

:flag:

Proxy
02-14-2011, 01:37 PM
I took it as a compliment after Ice, David, Timmy, then Tony.

:flag:

Eh... comment loses merit by putting TP over Manu. Otherwise, it would've worked

lefty
02-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Eh... comment loses merit by putting TP over Manu. Otherwise, it would've worked
Also over Parker:

Artis Gilmore, Dale Ellis, Sean Elliott, Loyd Daniels, Vernon Maxwell, Dominique Wilkins, Dennis Rodman, Sleepy Floyd, Will Perdue, Charles Smith 1, Charles Smith 2, Monty Williams, Andrew Gaze, Paspalj, Rod Strickland, Paul Pressey, Willie Anderson, Terry Cummings, Terry Porter, Michael Finley, Jacques Vaughn, Speedy Claxton, Negele Knight, Frank Brikowski, Del Negro, Danny Ferry, Larry Kenonm Steve Smith, Nick Vn Exel, Jerome Kersey, Jaren Jackson, Avery Johnson, Mario Elie, Sephen Jackson, Luis Scola, Tiago Splitter, Cherokee Parks, Drew Gooden, Choochoo, George Hill, James Anderon, Richard Jerfferson, Chuck Person and Chucky Brown

Blackjack
02-14-2011, 01:55 PM
:wow

It's hard to keep track of who hates who these days.

Assume the worst, feign sarcasm when wrong.

SpursTalk: it's how we roll . . .

Brazil
02-14-2011, 02:22 PM
I hear Lindsay Lohan is single and straight again.

:lol I lol'ed

Pauleta14
02-14-2011, 03:48 PM
Also over Parker:

Artis Gilmore, Dale Ellis, Sean Elliott, Loyd Daniels, Vernon Maxwell, Dominique Wilkins, Dennis Rodman, Sleepy Floyd, Will Perdue, Charles Smith 1, Charles Smith 2, Monty Williams, Andrew Gaze, Paspalj, Rod Strickland, Paul Pressey, Willie Anderson, Terry Cummings, Terry Porter, Michael Finley, Jacques Vaughn, Speedy Claxton, Negele Knight, Frank Brikowski, Del Negro, Danny Ferry, Larry Kenonm Steve Smith, Nick Vn Exel, Jerome Kersey, Jaren Jackson, Avery Johnson, Mario Elie, Sephen Jackson, Luis Scola, Tiago Splitter, Cherokee Parks, Drew Gooden, Choochoo, George Hill, James Anderon, Richard Jerfferson, Chuck Person and Chucky Brown

:lol:lol

c whata11
02-14-2011, 05:02 PM
It is truly a shame that Parker didn't make the all-star team. Despite the fact there are several top-notch PGs in the Western Conference, normal precedent holds that players on the team with the best record usually get the strongest consideration and the nod.

Besides the fact that Parker has certainly played well enough to warrant such an honor, the NBA has chosen 3 Celtics (Pierce, Garnett and Allen) to represent their team on the East squad. Spurs have THE NBA's best record and have only 2 representatives.
whats worse is the celtics got 4 all stars, Rondo made it too.

Sean Cagney
02-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Also over Parker:

SMH at how you forget Derek Anderson in there as the great one he was for a whole year :wow:wow:nope. Cherokee Parks is up there as well! Do your research of the history of greats here better than TP was or will be.......

m33p0
02-14-2011, 06:47 PM
you forgot the Messiah.... Pops Mensa Bonsu!

ploto
02-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Along the way there was frustration, especially with an unresolved contract situation. With trade possibilities, and with both Longoria and Amare Stoudemire listing New York as an option, Parker seemed to be surrounded by everything except the game itself.

Slowly leaking out some blame on Eva...

ohmwrecker
02-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Buck "No Shit" Harvey strikes again . . .