PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James Gives No Credit to Rajon Rondo

Koolaid_Man
02-14-2011, 08:27 AM
“Rondo’s a good guy, a good player, but he didn’t cause any problems or hurt us from getting into our sets.”

To all you Miami and San Antonio Heat fans this is it for ya boy....Harlemheat rocking that gay ass Lebron in water with his shirt off picture is in trouble...He don't get it done this year he's toast...He got all the help he could ever need. He has to win it this year or next and the chances of that happening is very slim. Rondo cancels Wade out in many facets of the game...Winning it eventually when Boston's big 3 gets dissolved won't matter then...

Mark my words Lebron will go down as the modern day Charles Barkley and Karl Malone rolled into one...Lebron asked for an invite to the party and Kobe sent him one but for the last 3 yrs Lebron simply refused to show up...Nike even sponsored puppet commercials and all...:lol

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20110214#STORY_31238#ixzz1DwGqYmho

Cry Havoc
02-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Cavs with LeBron: Finals candidates.

Cavs without LeBron: Bottom 5 team in NBA history, possibly worst ever.

/thread

8FOR!3
02-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Cavs with LeBron: Finals candidates.

Cavs without LeBron: Bottom 5 team in NBA history, possibly worst ever.

/thread

They're a different team though, it's not just LeBron. It's Shaq, Ilguaskas, Delonte West, new coach, etc.

Cry Havoc
02-14-2011, 09:25 AM
They're a different team though, it's not just LeBron. It's Shaq, Ilguaskas, Delonte West, new coach, etc.

Shaq, Z, and Delonte West are suddenly the difference in a 60+ win championship contender and a sub 15 win team setting records for losses. Who knew!? I guess the 36 games Shaq has played in and Z's monster 5 and 4 average this year are probably worth 40 wins, at least. :rolleyes

The delusion some people have just because they hate LeBron is astounding. LeBron's averaging 26, 7+, and 7+ with almost two steals per game while playing less minutes than his career average. He's shooting 48.5% from the field, higher than his career average, and the Miami Heat are already within 8 wins of their mark they set last year, and this is still before the All-Star break.

8FOR!3
02-14-2011, 09:36 AM
I'm just saying. If you take the exact team last year, exact coach, everybody else in the NBA with the same rosters as last year, except you remove LeBron from the team, they'd likely win more games than this year. I'm not saying he's not a huge difference and that they'd be some kind of winning team or anything, I'm just saying that it's not the same Cavs team - LeBron. Maybe if they had more inside presence and a decent guard they wouldn't have set records for being one of the worst teams of all time.

Phillip
02-14-2011, 09:44 AM

they actually had their best record as a whole without shaq, who is perhaps the only impact player out of those guys. the other two are simply role players who probably dont bring much more than 2-3 extra wins to the team, if that. in fact, a good argument could be made that they would be better off without those two, because Ilgauskas would slow them down considering they are a pretty athletic team, and West is pretty much incapable of making a consistent positive impact without Lebron around, considering his complete inability to run an offense efficiently.

Byron Scott >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mike Brown

lefty
02-14-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm just saying. If you take the exact team last year, exact coach, everybody else in the NBA with the same rosters as last year, except you remove LeBron from the team, they'd likely win more games than this year. I'm not saying he's not a huge difference and that they'd be some kind of winning team or anything, I'm just saying that it's not the same Cavs team - LeBron. Maybe if they had more inside presence and a decent guard they wouldn't have set records for being one of the worst teams of all time.
Good point; the Cavs have also had a bunch of injuries

Cry Havoc
02-14-2011, 09:48 AM

I shall amend my statement to something a bit more agreeable.

Cavs with LeBron: Finals candidates every year.
Cavs without LeBron: Worst team in the league with basically the same players, if not bottom two.

mathbzh
02-14-2011, 10:01 AM

The whole Cavs just quit... They were not that bad early in the season.
They were not going anywhere... but could have avoided being the worst team ever. I am not sure one or two player would have made any difference.

Kyle Orton
02-14-2011, 10:30 AM

And Varejao, they completely imploded once he went down.

Killakobe81
02-14-2011, 10:41 AM

Of course Lebron is the big difference but anyone assigning their decline Simply to Lebron is obtuse or to put it quite simply moronic ...

Not only did they lose their size Verejao has played little so add him to that list that is losing their 3 best big men.
Mo williams wheter deserved or not ...is a fringe all-star and missed a heap of games ...yes he is overrated but look at the difference he made in their Clippers win. Daniel Gibson has also been hurt as well ...

It's easy to say it's all Lebron. I am not a hater, I have said here repeatededly has GOAT potential but havoc, for someone who complains about people swalloing the media hype on Kobe, you are buying that Lebron's leaving is the reason why they dropped this far, which is bull shit.

Yes, he is a big part but if you add those guys back and give them reasonable health (they have been ravaged by injuries) no way they are top 5 worst team of all time ... they probably at least a 30 -35 win club ..but we will never know.

But this years Cavs minus Lebron is at least 30-40% worse than last years team, without him. Cavs actually won games without Lebron last year and almost beat the Magic or Boston late in the year when they rested James ... (IIRC).

Fixed ...

Killakobe81
02-14-2011, 10:42 AM
8for3 gets it ...

Killakobe81
02-14-2011, 10:43 AM
I shall amend my statement to something a bit more agreeable.

Cavs with LeBron: Finals candidates every year.
Cavs without LeBron: Worst team in the league with basically the same players, if not bottom two.

Worst team in the league missing at least 5 players from last year's team including Lebron ... fixed.

Sportcamper
02-14-2011, 10:44 AM
http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/tools/med/2011/02/ipt/1297652752.jpg?&sig=b2xoABV3YIh8LplnIvvRSQ--

Killakobe81
02-14-2011, 10:45 AM
And last I don't deny Lebron being the the most dominant player, and one of the best regular season players I have ever seen. He just needs to ring. But look at the heat to validate his greatness ...or the Cavs the past two years. This year's Cavs is an apples to oranges comparison ...

Cry Havoc
02-14-2011, 11:03 AM
It's easy to say it's all Lebron. I am not a hater, I have said here repeatededly has GOAT potential but havoc, for someone who complains about people swalloing the media hype on Kobe, you are buying that Lebron's leaving is the reason why they dropped this far, which is bull shit.

Of course he's not the only reason. But he's the primary one.

Yes, he is a big part but if you add those guys back and give them reasonable health (they have been ravaged by injuries) no way they are top 5 worst team of all time ... they probably at least a 35 -40 win club ..but we will never know.

That team that just lost by 15 to the road-winless Wizards with Mo? Come on now. 25-30 wins at best.

Killakobe81
02-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Of course he's not the only reason. But he's the primary one.

That team that just lost by 15 to the road-winless Wizards with Mo? Come on now. 25-30 wins at best.

maybe 30-35 ... But again you forgetting that they dont have Verejao on this team and if the original point is how is this team is different INLUDING Lebron's absence you cant deny Verejao or losing two 7 footers.

Are you telling me that in the 10 close games they played during the 25 game losing streak that MO,Shaq, verejao, Delonte or DanieL Gibson would of not made a difference?

40 would be maximizing but 30-35 is about right to me assuming good health.

Dont see your quibble, didnt the cavs win like 57 games? that is like a 22 games difference at at 35 wins ... how much more credit do you want him to get? He is the two time MVP and most dominating player in the game ...no need to exaggerate and suck him off on top of it ...

Cry Havoc
02-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Dont see your quibble, didnt the cavs win like 57 games? that is like a 22 games difference at at 35 wins ... how much more credit do you want him to get? He is the two time MVP most dominating player in the game ...no need to exaggerate and suck him off on top of it ...

I'm merely providing a counterpoint to the, "Oh, well they'd still be a good team without him if they didn't lose player 'x'."

eisfeld
02-14-2011, 11:24 AM
Ah LeBron will go down as the next Kobe - not winning a ring till his team signs or trades for a legit all star big (and no, CB is a pussy, not a big man)

Killakobe81
02-14-2011, 11:26 AM
But it's not JUST player X they also lost Y and Z and W ...Lebron was "A" no doubt about that but it's not apples to apples and that is my "counterpoint".

None of what I say discredits Lebron like I said I would say if healthy and no other losses that is still a 20 game difference and Miami will probaly win at least 15 more (though Bosh was added too) games and he makes them a contender.

Im just saying it's lazy, a cop-out or simply untrue to point to Lebron as the reason why the Cavs suck this bad or go back and give him extra credit or praise for carrying last year's cavs team, based on THIS cavs team when THIS team has been at times without 5 players from last year's squad including Lebron ...

Cry Havoc
02-14-2011, 11:39 AM
But it's not JUST player X they also lost Y and Z and W ...Lebron was "A" no doubt about that but it's not apples to apples and that is my "counterpoint".

None of what I say discredits Lebron like I said I would say if healthy and no other losses that is still a 20 game difference and Miami will probaly win at least 15 more (though Bosh was added too) games and he makes them a contender.

Im just saying it's lazy, a cop-out or simply untrue to point to Lebron as the reason why the Cavs suck this bad or go back and give him extra credit or praise for carrying last year's cavs team, based on THIS cavs team when THIS team has been at times without 5 players from last year's squad including Lebron ...

Meh, you have a point, I probably over-exaggerated, in no small part out of frustration with people who seem to think he's only a 5-10 win difference in the Cavs. I had a couple of people tell me before the season started that they thought the Cavs would make a run at a 5 seed out East. I asked them if they wanted to put money on it, and they said that they don't gamble. :lol

Just curious, KK81, do you think Kobe, MJ, or any previous NBA superstar would have been able to win a title with the Cavs team from the past 2 seasons?

Killakobe81
02-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Meh, you have a point, I probably over-exaggerated, in no small part out of frustration with people who seem to think he's only a 5-10 win difference in the Cavs. I had a couple of people tell me before the season started that they thought the Cavs would make a run at a 5 seed out East. I asked them if they wanted to put money on it, and they said that they don't gamble. :lol

Just curious, KK81, do you think Kobe, MJ, or any previous NBA superstar would have been able to win a title with the Cavs team from the past 2 seasons?

Probably not even MJ or Magic ...Reason I used those two examples, MJ is considered the GOAT scorere and Magic the GOAT team player (by most but debateable in both cases) and I doubt that is a "title" team.

My only critique of Lebron for the "DEcision" (besides how he did it) is that he would of won eventually. Sure they needed more help ...Jamison was not that #2 he needed ...and Mo is suited for a #3 role. If he stayed in Cleveland I believe he could of got a #2 to sign. Maybe not Bosh or wade but I think Lebron is so good he doesnt NEED them. I think a team of say:

PG Mo Williams
SG Eric Gordon (best SG I think they could get that would fit well, Montae is a bad fit)
SF Lebron/Jamison
PF Verejao/Hickson
C Shaq/Z/Verejao

I think Lebron, if he becomes as good as I think he can he would of and coulda won in Cleveland ...eventually.
Lakers, Celts and Spurs big 3 (or two) are aging ...

Bulls, OKC are a couple seasons away ...

The team above could win a title ... even if Bosh and wade teamed up without him. The centers are old and they would need to find cheap help there ...but Lebron didnt need to leave to win a title ...he just needed to stay patient ...the league will be his soon if he stays healthy.

sefant77
02-14-2011, 12:35 PM
"I don't care what you say to me. I don't give a [expletive] what you say, but don't be disrespectful."

hmmm

TheMACHINE
02-14-2011, 12:38 PM

dont forget to add injured varejao and mo williams to that list.

MannyIsGod
02-14-2011, 12:39 PM
I can't wait to see Lebron get punked in the playoffs again. I may start to believe there is a god if this mfer never wins a title.

Muser
02-14-2011, 12:40 PM
LeBron is just the Celtics bitch tbh.

Cry Havoc
02-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Probably not even MJ or Magic ...Reason I used those two examples, MJ is considered the GOAT scorere and Magic the GOAT team player (by most but debateable in both cases) and I doubt that is a "title" team.

Truth.

My only critique of Lebron for the "DEcision" (besides how he did it) is that he would of won eventually.

For starters, he gave the Cavs 7 years. Jordan in his 7th year was already playing alongside a rapidly developing core with Pippen. Kobe after TWO years with a sub-par team started talking about being traded. Kobe wouldn't have tolerated that team for more than 3 seasons before demanding a second true All-Star or to be moved elsewhere.

And yes, The Decision was in extremely poor taste. He's also a very young man who's relatively immature. What baffles me is that people hate LeBron more for The Decision than people hate other athletes for felonies committed while in the league. Look no further than Ray Lewis or Marvin Harrison as guys who are revered as athletes but have much darker pasts. I don't get how "The Decision", something that was not only completely legal, but hyped to hell by ESPN, is a worse offense than killing/seriously injuring another person. LeBron is probably the most reviled player in the league right now for primarily one mistake he made.

And of course some people will argue and say that it's his arrogance, but he was arrogant in Cleveland, and if he would have stayed with the Cavs he would have been regarded as a hero.

Sure they needed more help ...Jamison was not that #2 he needed ...and Mo is suited for a #3 role. If he stayed in Cleveland I believe he could of got a #2 to sign. Maybe not Bosh or wade but I think Lebron is so good he doesnt NEED them. I think a team of say:
PG Mo Williams
SG Eric Gordon (best SG I think they could get that would fit well, Montae is a bad fit)
SF Lebron/Jamison
PF Verejao/Hickson
C Shaq/Z/Verejao

But why stay there? Is that team appreciably better than the Heat as-constructed, if both are fully healthy? I have doubts about Gordon's ability to be a true #2 in the playoffs, especially at his age. Varejao is going to be destroyed by the Celtics, or Lakers, hell even DeJuan Blair would completely annihilate him 4-5 games out of 7. Why stay with that group of players when you can go play with another top 5 player in the league and a post threat like Bosh?

I think Lebron, if he becomes as good as I think he can he would of and coulda won in Cleveland ...eventually.
Lakers, Celts and Spurs big 3 (or two) are aging ...

Perhaps. But you wait 7 years on a franchise, and the best they can do for you is Mo Williams and a 34 year old SF who's well past his prime?

Bulls, OKC are a couple seasons away ...

They're both roughly one acquisition away. Bulls need another wing and the Thunder are really close as constructed to contend... they were supposed to be in the WCF this year.

Killakobe81
02-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Truth.

For starters, he gave the Cavs 7 years. Jordan in his 7th year was already playing alongside a rapidly developing core with Pippen. Kobe after TWO years with a sub-par team started talking about being traded. Kobe wouldn't have tolerated that team for more than 3 seasons before demanding a second true All-Star or to be moved elsewhere.

And yes, The Decision was in extremely poor taste. He's also a very young man who's relatively immature. What baffles me is that people hate LeBron more for The Decision than people hate other athletes for felonies committed while in the league. Look no further than Ray Lewis or Marvin Harrison as guys who are revered as athletes but have much darker pasts. I don't get how "The Decision", something that was not only completely legal, but hyped to hell by ESPN, is a worse offense than killing/seriously injuring another person. LeBron is probably the most reviled player in the league right now for primarily one mistake he made.

And of course some people will argue and say that it's his arrogance, but he was arrogant in Cleveland, and if he would have stayed with the Cavs he would have been regarded as a hero.

But why stay there? Is that team appreciably better than the Heat as-constructed, if both are fully healthy? I have doubts about Gordon's ability to be a true #2 in the playoffs, especially at his age. Varejao is going to be destroyed by the Celtics, or Lakers, hell even DeJuan Blair would completely annihilate him 4-5 games out of 7. Why stay with that group of players when you can go play with another top 5 player in the league and a post threat like Bosh?

Perhaps. But you wait 7 years on a franchise, and the best they can do for you is Mo Williams and a 34 year old SF who's well past his prime?

They're both roughly one acquisition away. Bulls need another wing and the Thunder are really close as constructed to contend... they were supposed to be in the WCF this year.

personally doesnt matter to me where he play (as long it's not Boston) he is not on my team ...

I agree Cavs FO messed up by overestimating the talent based on regular season performance ...the playoff struggles spoke volumes.

bostonguy
02-14-2011, 01:10 PM
I have no issues with Bron leaving Cleveland. The Decision gave people a reason to hate him. He gave that franchise 7 years, and they put nothing but crap around him. I mean the best sidekick he ever had in the postseason was Daniel Gibson.

That being said, Bron will be winning titles in Miami. It just won't be this year. This is the year they will grow from. Next year will be when their potential dynasty begins. They will land a better center and have a whole year together. I don't know what they will do about the coach though. If egos can be put aside and if Riley isn't wanting to coach and Phil is available, I could see Jackson at the helm. He loves coaching the best talent. It has been his specialty.

Killakobe81
02-14-2011, 01:22 PM
I have no issues with Bron leaving Cleveland. The Decision gave people a reason to hate him. He gave that franchise 7 years, and they put nothing but crap around him. I mean the best sidekick he ever had in the postseason was Daniel Gibson.

That being said, Bron will be winning titles in Miami. It just won't be this year. This is the year they will grow from. Next year will be when their potential dynasty begins. They will land a better center and have a whole year together. I don't know what they will do about the coach though. If egos can be put aside and if Riley isn't wanting to coach and Phil is available, I could see Jackson at the helm. He loves coaching the best talent. It has been his specialty.

Keep im mind he signed off on Jamison and teh Shaq deals yes the FO sucked but it's not like Lebron was out of the loop ...

Cry Havoc
02-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Keep im mind he signed off on Jamison and teh Shaq deals yes the FO sucked but it's not like Lebron was out of the loop ...

LeBron's job isn't to be the front office. If you hand a 25 year old the keys to your franchise, don't blame him if he doesn't know WTF he's doing. As we've seen, even a mature, older, wiser Michael Jordan struggles mightily running a team, to say nothing of what you should expect from LeBron.

TheMACHINE
02-14-2011, 01:24 PM

lol and mother fuckin Jamison came in for free even when they were already in first place.

Cry Havoc
02-14-2011, 01:26 PM
lol and mother fuckin Jamison came in for free even when they were already in first place.

lol now suddenly regular season matters to Laker fans.

Muser
02-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Riley and Phil hate eachother, no way that happens.

j.dizzle
02-14-2011, 01:31 PM
I was expecting LeBronze & Wade to have great games yesterday tbh. Very weak games from both of them & bad body language. RuPaul was their best player for them & Pierce didnt even hit 1 shot.:lol Ain't that something

Cry Havoc
02-14-2011, 01:32 PM
I was expecting LeBronze & Wade to have great games yesterday tbh. Very weak games from both of them & bad body language. RuPaul was their best player for them & Pierce didnt even hit 1 shot.:lol Ain't that something

:lol A Lakers fan talking about poor body language in the regular season.

Have you watched YOUR team this year? Like, at all?

Ace
02-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Credit for what? Its not like he did even a decent job guarding him.

Kyle Orton
02-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Cry Havoc, gettin' his San Antonio Heat on.

j.dizzle
02-14-2011, 01:37 PM
:lol A Lakers fan talking about poor body language in the regular season.

Have you watched YOUR team this year? Like, at all?
Terrible comment tbh. Its a little different when you just went back-2-back. Lakers have nothing to prove unlike the Heat. Boston is just a bad matchup for them.

bostonguy
02-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Riley and Phil hate eachother, no way that happens.

That is exactly why I don't see it happening. If egos were put aside, possibly. That isn't likely.

TheMACHINE
02-14-2011, 01:40 PM
lol now suddenly regular season matters to Laker fans.

what does regular season have to do with it? His team got better for FREE...and still failed. Fucking San Anotnio Heat Fans.

Cry Havoc
02-14-2011, 01:56 PM
what does regular season have to do with it? His team got better for FREE...and still failed. Fucking San Anotnio Heat Fans.

lol first place regular season team
lol Mo Williams #2 option

TheMACHINE
02-14-2011, 01:58 PM
lol first place regular season team
lol Mo Williams #2 option

hey! I just saw the thread. Congrats on the recogintion by the SA Heat fanbase!

Cry Havoc
02-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Cry Havoc, gettin' his San Antonio Heat on.

lol bandwagon scorn fans

TheGreatest23
02-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Lebrons a bitch.

SanAntonioHeat
02-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Cry Havoc. Outstanding performance, if i do say so myself.

Gutter92
02-14-2011, 02:19 PM
LeBron carrying them all that time had a lot to do with them staying healthy...now that they gotta carry their own weight, they get injured :lmao they can't handle the pressure w/o LeBron tbh fwiw

LnGrrrR
02-14-2011, 02:21 PM

I think it's the idea that those other incidents were obviously mistakes. Now, if Ray Lewis or Marvin Harrison were found guilty of premeditated murder, I doubt you'd see them get off the hook so easily.

Look at Michael Vick, for instance. It took jail time, plus charity/humanity work, plus lots of public apologies for his situation to turn around.

That's the problem people have with the Decision. It was obviously a horribly insensitive thing to do to the city of Cleveland, and anyone with half a brain could've seen that. And Lebron had PLENTY of time to figure that out.

Cry Havoc
02-14-2011, 02:29 PM
I think it's the idea that those other incidents were obviously mistakes. Now, if Ray Lewis or Marvin Harrison were found guilty of premeditated murder, I doubt you'd see them get off the hook so easily.

The Decision was obviously done in poor taste as well. But is that worse than being even partially responsible for the stabbing death of another human being? Are those even in the same ballpark?

Look at Michael Vick, for instance. It took jail time, plus charity/humanity work, plus lots of public apologies for his situation to turn around.

Vick's convictions were felonies. But I'll even say that Vick got a bit of a bad rap just because all of the animal rights activists wanted to use him as a scapegoat, and he handled the situation very poorly.

Again, for reference... dog fighting ring where animals are abused/killed != The Decision.

That's the problem people have with the Decision. It was obviously a horribly insensitive thing to do to the city of Cleveland, and anyone with half a brain could've seen that. And Lebron had PLENTY of time to figure that out.

I think he's probably going to regret it for a long time, in retrospect. If he doesn't, well then he's an even more arrogant jerk than he's already made himself out to be. But that's never stopped people from worshipping players in the past. Assholes seem to be far more par for the course than decent individuals at the superstar level.

LnGrrrR
02-14-2011, 02:44 PM
The Decision was obviously done in poor taste as well. But is that worse than being even partially responsible for the stabbing death of another human being? Are those even in the same ballpark?

No, but America is quick to forgive people that make mistakes like that. Mistakes that a person has months to think over before they go through with it? America is less forgiving.

Vick's convictions were felonies. But I'll even say that Vick got a bit of a bad rap just because all of the animal rights activists wanted to use him as a scapegoat, and he handled the situation very poorly.

He got a bad rap because it wasn't a "mistake", per se. He knew what he was doing, and did it deliberately (a la The Decision). Once he realized the error of his ways (and he played well), America forgave him.

Again, for reference... dog fighting ring where animals are abused/killed != The Decision.

No one's arguing the crime, they're arguing the motive. If Lebron, a few years down the road, talks about the Decision and admits it was a dumb move, then people will forgive him. But not until he admits it was a mistake. America loves redemption, and without admitting guilt there can be no redemption.

I think he's probably going to regret it for a long time, in retrospect. If he doesn't, well then he's an even more arrogant jerk than he's already made himself out to be. But that's never stopped people from worshipping players in the past. Assholes seem to be far more par for the course than decent individuals at the superstar level.

Assholes that hurt people are one thing, assholes that hurt another city is quite different. ESPECIALLY since it was Cleveland. Lebron came to that city as a savior, a city that is known for sports suckitude.

If he had just entered free agency, signed with another team, and apologized to the Cleveland fans for not bringing them a ring, thanked them for their dedication, etc etc, I doubt a ton of people are hating on Lebron like they are now.

jjktkk
02-14-2011, 03:04 PM
No, but America is quick to forgive people that make mistakes like that. Mistakes that a person has months to think over before they go through with it? America is less forgiving.

He got a bad rap because it wasn't a "mistake", per se. He knew what he was doing, and did it deliberately (a la The Decision). Once he realized the error of his ways (and he played well), America forgave him.

No one's arguing the crime, they're arguing the motive. If Lebron, a few years down the road, talks about the Decision and admits it was a dumb move, then people will forgive him. But not until he admits it was a mistake. America loves redemption, and without admitting guilt there can be no redemption.

Assholes that hurt people are one thing, assholes that hurt another city is quite different. ESPECIALLY since it was Cleveland. Lebron came to that city as a savior, a city that is known for sports suckitude.

If he had just entered free agency, signed with another team, and apologized to the Cleveland fans for not bringing them a ring, thanked them for their dedication, etc etc, I doubt a ton of people are hating on Lebron like they are now.

I wonder if Lebron couldn't deal with being Cleveland's savior anymore. Being the local hero that failed to bring hapless Cleveland a championship and seeing no hope for one in the future, Lebron just went on to greener pastures to play with his buds and hang out in South Beach. "The Decision" was a fiasco, but in terms of trying to win a ring, Lebron was smart enough to realize he couldn't win a championship by himself in Cleveland.