PDA

View Full Version : I Need Advice

Confused
05-31-2005, 03:03 PM
Okay, I need some advice. First of all, I am a regular poster here. I just got a new name because I didnt want my friends in real life who know my name on this board to see this. Anyways, I have a situation. I feel really stupid about it too because I have heard people tell similar stories and I have thought it was weird. Anyways, I am in love. She is an amazing woman. We have known eachother for a long time. We basically grew up together. We have been really good friends for the longest time. We spend a lot of time together. Anyways, for the past year or so, I have "fallen" in love with her. I really didnt think it was possible. I would hear stories about people falling in love and I would just laugh about it. Well now I am eating crow about that! :lol
The problem is, there is no way we can be in a relationship because of many circumstances that I dont have time to go into right now. Anyways, I am so in love with her. I know it sounds stupid but its true. I literally think about her all the time. Cant get her out of my head. Every song I listen to, movie I watch, etc etc reminds me about her. I find stupid reasons to call her just to hear her voice. I know ITS CRAZY! I never thought it could happen to me!

Anyways, I need some help/advice with somethings:

Number 1. I dont think she feels the same way about me, but it may be possible. So, do I tell her? If so how?

Number 2. How the heck to I get her out of my head? It cant be healthy to constantly be thinking about her!!

Number 3. I know this may be a stupid question but is there anyway to make these feelings go away?! I dont want to have these feelings for her. I cant help it though. I wish they would go away!!!

Well if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it. I know we are in the middle of the playoffs, but this has been eating away at me for months.

Thanks!!!

MannyIsGod
05-31-2005, 03:13 PM
:lmao

I'm going to stay out of these threads from now on.

CosmicCowboy
05-31-2005, 03:13 PM
The problem is, there is no way we can be in a relationship because of many circumstances that I dont have time to go into right now.

that pretty well answers question #1 right? You don't say anything.

#2) find someone you can have a relationship with.

#3) see #2 above

Jimcs50
05-31-2005, 03:15 PM
The problem is, there is no way we can be in a relationship because of many circumstances that I dont have time to go into right now.

Married?

Jimcs50
05-31-2005, 03:16 PM

#3) see #2 above

I thought this was you, CC.

this is your old name, remember?

:)

Confused
05-31-2005, 03:17 PM

#3) see #2 above

Before this happened I would have told the same thing to somone who asked me somthing like that. But actually being in it, changes my whole perception. :lol

Love kind of sucks! It can be great, but it can suck too. The worst thing about this, is I feel like I have no control over my feelings for her!

Confused
05-31-2005, 03:18 PM
Married?

No not married, but she is with someone else. He happens to be a really good friend of mine. Thats just one of the things that prevents us from having a relationship.

DrRich
05-31-2005, 03:20 PM
Just watch Friends, Joey will show you what to do!

bigzak25
05-31-2005, 03:21 PM
man...good luck with all of that...

remember this,

if you love her, than having her in your life is a blessing in itself.

and if you love her, than her happiness is more important than yours.

you might be in the brother/sister zone.

a girl usually knows pretty quickly if she wants to be with someone as more

than friends, but it can take a while sometimes. and sometimes, it takes them

being hurt by another to see what they had in front of them the whole time.

i'm sure she knows how you feel. and it seems you know how she feels.

but what the hell...when you two are hanging out, watching a flick or something, just give her a neck massage and if she gets into it, your home free...make your move...a kiss, whatever. but if she tenses up, then you'll know she's uncomfortable and that should be your black and white sign right there....

if it's crash and burn, then you'll hurt, but time heals all wounds.

bigzak25
05-31-2005, 03:24 PM
whoa. this is your boys chic?

man, you are an asshole. you'll burn for that. i'd drop it and find your own chic, man. your just lusting after what you can't have when there are millions of fish in the sea...

and a girl that would drop one friend for the other? not exactly the trustworthy type...

CosmicCowboy
05-31-2005, 03:26 PM
I thought this was you, CC.

this is your old name, remember?

duh...like I would ask you bozos for advise?...:lol...and even if I did and I was trying to be unrecognized I sure wouldn't use an old screen name...:lol

Jimcs50
05-31-2005, 03:31 PM
Yeah, go find another babe and just fogitaboutit.

There are plenty of women out there that can still make you feel the same way, believe me.

Jimcs50
05-31-2005, 03:32 PM
duh...like I would ask you bozos for advise?...:lol...and even if I did and I was trying to be unrecognized I sure wouldn't use an old screen name...:lol

I know man....But I was hoping for some juicy details about some married babe you were doing.

Confused
05-31-2005, 03:37 PM
whoa. this is your boys chic?

man, you are an asshole. you'll burn for that. i'd drop it and find your own chic, man. your just lusting after what you can't have when there are millions of fish in the sea...

and a girl that would drop one friend for the other? not exactly the trustworthy type...

No Im not an asshole. I said that I dont want to have these feelings! I want them to go away but they wont. :lol

Oh well. What can I do?

Solid D
05-31-2005, 03:39 PM
You either tell her your feelings or you need to be like Tonto's companion.

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/7286/ranger8x.jpg

"I never got a chance to thank him"

bigzak25
05-31-2005, 03:41 PM
how long has she been dating your friend?

you just fell in love with her the past year? why now? you seem to have had a whole lotta time to make your move or have they been together for a long long while?

the only way to forget one girl is to move onto the next one...and even then, it can take a while if you can't hate the 1st one for any reason...

Confused
05-31-2005, 03:41 PM
The thing is, if I tell her, Im worried that I will ruin my friendship with her and with him. They both are like my best friends. Its just crazy!!!

Confused
05-31-2005, 03:42 PM
They have just started dating. I have had feelings for her since before they started dating. Perhaps that is one of the reasons this is messing with me so much. Maybe I did ruin my chance.

Bluto Blutarsky
05-31-2005, 03:43 PM
:lmao

I'm going to stay out of these threads from now on.
then why'd you even come in here :rolleyes

thats a tough situation. You don't know what you telling her will do to a number of people, including yourself. You don't want to ruin relationships and friendships. But I know how sometimes you feel you just have to take a chance cause you never know when it is true love.
Love definitely isn't all peachy all the time, thats for sure. I'm sure you feel like you love her and you can't just stop it, but you can, just takes time.

bigzak25
05-31-2005, 03:48 PM
damn dude...i feel for you...you can't snooze on a good woman, always someone else ready to pounce...

ask yourself if she is happy. if they are happy. if the answer is yes, then walk away from the selfishness, and let it be. maybe they break up one day or maybe they get married...who knows?

until then, you gotta be a man, go get yours, and let your friends be. good luck to you.

ObiwanGinobili
05-31-2005, 03:53 PM
ok.
I'm a chick, so don't know if you'll take my advice the same but her eI go.

if there is def. NO WAY u 2 can be together than you need to:

limit contact with her , get involved in other things w/other people untill these feeligns pass or you think they will stop tormenting you.
Having her around and talkign with her alot is 1. major slef mutilation, 2. destructive 3. just asking for a bad situation to develop.

if she figures out your avioding her then your doing it the wrong way.. it should seem like a gradual seperation.. ya'll are still friendly just into different thigns at the moment.get it?

Bluto Blutarsky
05-31-2005, 04:04 PM
you're not a little worried your friends are gonna figure out this is you?

and that is great advice from ObiwanGinobili. Especially the separating yourself. It does make things easier for a while. But don't let her feel like you are avoiding her, because she will sense it and be able to tell the difference.
I've been in a similar situation. Sorry to say, You should have told her how you felt a long time ago. Cause now you pretty much have your hands tied. Now that she's with someone else you wanna say something, and maybe she will feel the same but if not, you've just made things uglier. Maybe you can say something just to her and even if she doesn't feel the same you can remain friends. Its been known to happen. If your friendship is that strong and you can work through it. Lot of what "ifs" at this point.

Clandestino
05-31-2005, 04:10 PM
didn't read the whole thread, not sure if this has been said yet... get drunk with her and either (a.) tell her your feelings or (b.) make a move... either way you can say you were drunk! hahaha

Extra Stout
05-31-2005, 04:13 PM
The thing is, if I tell her, Im worried that I will ruin my friendship with her and with him. They both are like my best friends. Its just crazy!!!Having been in almost the exact situation... I can offer some advice.

Don't tell her. She's with your best friend. It's too late. Besides, it's very, very doubtful those feelings were reciprocal. If y'all were that close, and she had feelings for you like that, it would just happen. If you're in love, you can easily convince yourself there's a chance the feelings are reciprocal even when there's nothing there. But it's all in your head.

All you can do is betray trust and hurt people by speaking up now.

Where you go from here depends on what your priorities are. If you value your friendship with these two, then suck it up and be friends with them. It may not be pleasant all the time for you to be around her with your feelings, but hey being a friend isn't all about you. If you can be good to both of them without having any ulterior motives or deep down hoping for her to fall for you, then go for it. You'll earn blessing.

If you just want to get away from her, or can't handle keeping up the friendship, or keep drumming up ulterior motives or schemes where you can pry her away, then start backing out. Find something else to do with your time and to get your mind off things. No explanation is necessary.

When you're young, feelings come on strong but not so deep. It will suck for a while, but you'll move on. Be careful not just to hook up with some random chick as a rebound -- that can just screw you up more.

SWC Bonfire
05-31-2005, 04:21 PM
I also agree with ObiwanGinobili. You are way too into this chick & your extremely high interest in her is not reciprocated (or she would have asked you out or made it blatently obvious and helped you ask her out). There is nothing you can do right at this point because you are WAY to "in" to this girl and you will just screw it up. Period. In my experience, women like wondering how interested you are in them (a little mystery, at least initially). You are practically shouting how much you like this girl from the mountaintops.

Go find someone that maybe you're not so interested in but who is available. I know, it seems rude to a normal guy to lead a girl on with no expectations of a relationship, but guess what, girls do it all the time to guys. And get a paid evening out. Have fun (inexpensively), treat her decently for a few dates and break it off and find someone new. You will eventually find someone who will make you forget about this other girl, who sounds like she is leading you on just a bit to stroke her ego. Maybe she needs attention from every guy she comes in contact with (pure speculation on my part). If so, get as far as you can away from her.

SWC Bonfire
05-31-2005, 04:24 PM
didn't read the whole thread, not sure if this has been said yet... get drunk with her and either (a.) tell her your feelings or (b.) make a move... either way you can say you were drunk! hahaha

This is pretty good, but he's too head over heels in love with this girl to pull it off.

I would be for option (b.), it's more explainable as "drunken behavior" and seems less premeditated. (What happens in Spurstalk, stays in Spurstalk.) And you might get it out of your system.

Just forget it, though.

Xolotl
05-31-2005, 04:30 PM
Yeah bro sorry to break it to you, but you might have missed your chance. But, on the bright side there is always a chance. Unless she marries your boy.

MannyIsGod
05-31-2005, 05:06 PM
I said I was going to stay out, but I CAN'T.

Another thing you want to consider, is that as oblivious as you think they may be about your feelings, they probably know to some extent. These things dont' develop out of left field without people knowing about them. There are signs and they are usually pretty obvious.

It's simply not worth risking the difficulties that would come out of bringing it completely out into the open.

CosmicCowboy
05-31-2005, 05:08 PM
ahhh...still more details...

if you were "friends" for over a year before your friend started dating her without her making herself a target of opportunity to be hit on then you are just shit out of luck...if it didn't happen then it's not gonna happen now and it's not gonna happen later even if they break up...

get over it and just move on...if you hit on her now you will just make an ass of yourself.

Slomo
05-31-2005, 05:09 PM
Hey Manny Ron White has a nice line that applies to you:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I did not have the ability" :lol

Kori Ellis
05-31-2005, 05:27 PM
I think that you should just occupy yourself with other stuff -- hobbies, Spurs, other girls (though nothing serious). If she gets out of the relationship that she's in, then I think you should tell your friend first that you are in love with her and ask if he minds if you make the move. In the meantime, take the time to better yourself in other aspects of life. Don't turn into a miserable person just biding your time. She won't want you if you are miserable. :)

Jimcs50
05-31-2005, 05:33 PM
I think that you should just occupy yourself with other stuff -- hobbies, Spurs, other girls (though nothing serious). If she gets out of the relationship that she's in, then I think you should tell your friend first that you are in love with her and ask if he minds if you make the move. In the meantime, take the time to better yourself in other aspects of life. Don't turn into a miserable person just biding your time. She won't want you if you are miserable. :)

I say don't even wait around for her, just move on, like you say, but without any longing to be with her if they breakup...just get her out of your mind.

timvp
05-31-2005, 05:35 PM
1) I don't think you love her. Just because you think about her a lot doesn't make it love. You probably just have a crush on her that is enhanced because you know you can't have her.

2) If you are 21 or younger and you want to hook up, just wait. The relationship will probably crumble before you know it.

3) If you want to force yourself not to like her, just imagine what your best friend is doing to her behind closed doors. It ain't studyin'. You don't want sloppy seconds anyways ... or at least that's what you can tell yourself.

4) Go find another girl. You'll forget all about this one.

:smokin

Solid D
05-31-2005, 05:38 PM
You could also treat her with respect, love and offer her unconditional friendship and someone she can level with and talk to. If she doesn't get that elsewhere (from your friend), you already have the building-blocks established for a lasting relationship.

timvp
05-31-2005, 05:40 PM
You could also treat her with respect, love and offer her unconditional friendship and someone she can level with and talk to. If she doesn't get that elsewhere (from your friend), you already have the building-blocks established for a lasting relationship.

Sneaky.

:fro

Xolotl
05-31-2005, 05:43 PM

Yeah you either become the next target for a relationship, or you become that gay friend that all girls have when all they want to do is go shopping, drink Starbucks, and talk about their relationships.

But, as I've said some chance is better than none at all.

ObiwanGinobili
05-31-2005, 06:03 PM

yeah, and end up totally even more obsessed and love struck patheticly becoming her b!tch.. as in she and everyone else you nad her know all know that you'll follow her around like a lap dog drooling at her every word.

refer back to my 1st post...thats your best option.

MannyIsGod
05-31-2005, 06:03 PM
Hey Manny Ron White has a nice line that applies to you:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I did not have the ability" :lol
:lol I wish I came with a mute button at times.

Solid D
05-31-2005, 06:33 PM
yeah, and end up totally even more obsessed and love struck patheticly becoming her b!tch.. as in she and everyone else you nad her know all know that you'll follow her around like a lap dog drooling at her every word.

:lol
Be a friend, not a stalker.

Guru of Nothing
05-31-2005, 07:03 PM
Yeah you either become the next target for a relationship, or you become that gay friend that all girls have when all they want to do is go shopping, drink Starbucks, and talk about their relationships.

But, as I've said some chance is better than none at all.

I think you may have hit upon a plan.

Sit down with her and tell that you have something deeply personal to share with her - and then just spit out the truth and tell her how you feel about her. If that goes bad, and it very likely may, you will need an out. Go to plan B. Tell her that you were just kidding and that the deeply personal issue you wanted to discuss is that you are gay. If it goes according the script, she will want to hang out with you all the time.

I smell a new hit sitcom.

Confused
05-31-2005, 07:42 PM
Ok. Thanks for all the advice. But I got a new wrinkle to throw in. Well first of all, does Kori know who I am, by like ISP or whatever? If so, no big deal, I just dont want the people that know me personally to know.

Anyways, back to the new info. Today me and my buddy hooked up to shoot some hoops, like we usually do. And we got to talking, and I asked him about his relationship with her, and according to him, it is "nothing serious." They just went out on a couple of dates. And they both are free to see other people. He has also dated other girls with her knoledge. As you can imagine, I was kinda shocked. So I just talked to him about his feelings for her, and he doesnt think it will lead to anything very serious. So now I am even more confused!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF do I do????? AHHHHHH! :wtf :bang

Solid D
05-31-2005, 07:47 PM
You're half-way there. Now she just needs to notice how great you are (good self-confidence, good sense of humor, good communicator).

thispego
05-31-2005, 08:10 PM
how old are you confused?

Confused
05-31-2005, 08:13 PM
early 20s

thispego
05-31-2005, 08:26 PM
well doesnt that make things easier that your buddy and this girl are not very serious? I say clear it with your pal and then make your move.. I'm pretty sure he wouldnt mind especially if they have agreed it was ok to see other people. I would go have the same conversation with the girl that you had with your friend and become more of a confidant about their relationship, see if she feels the same way he does about the relationship. I think you'll find out alot of things about her feelings for your friend and along the way her feelings about you.

Confused
05-31-2005, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I think I am going to talk to her and get her view on their relationship. Then, I'll just go from there.

ZStomp
05-31-2005, 08:41 PM
I read a few of these posts and thought of two songs:

Elvis Presley's: The Girl of My Best Friend

The way she walks,
The way she talks
How long can I pretend
Oh I can't help I'm in love
With the girl of my best friend

Her lovely hair,
Her skin so fair
I could go on and never end
Oh, I can't help I'm in love
With the girl of my best friend

I want to tell her
How I love her so
And hold her in my arms, but then
What if she got real mad and told him so
I could never face either one again

The way they kiss
Their happiness
Will my ache-in' ever end
Or will I always be in love
With the girl of my best friend?

Never end,
Will it ever end?
Please let it end

and

Johnny Cash's: Long Black Veil

Ten years ago, on a cold dark night
Someone was killed, 'neath the town hall light
There were few at the scene, but they all agreed
That the slayer who ran, looked a lot like me

The judge said son, what is your alibi
If you were somewhere else, then you won't have to die
I spoke not a word, thou it meant my life
For I'd been in the arms of my best friend's wife

Chorus
She walks these hills in a long black veil
She visits my grave when the night winds wail
Nobody knows, nobody sees
Nobody knows but me

Oh, the scaffold is high and eternity's near
She stood in the crowd and shed not a tear
But late at night, when the north wind blows
In a long black veil, she cries ov're my bones

Kori Ellis
05-31-2005, 09:09 PM
I say that you confess to your buddy that you want his woman. If it's really nothing serious, he'll probably give his blessing.

Yes, I could tell who you were if I checked your IP -- but I didn't. I respected your privacy because that's what you asked for.

3rdCoast
05-31-2005, 09:12 PM
on that note kori, how many sn does mouse have?just wondering

Kori Ellis
05-31-2005, 09:13 PM
on that note kori, how many sn does mouse have?just wondering

Maybe 15? I've never counted. But it's pretty obvious which ones are him.

scott
05-31-2005, 09:52 PM
Here is what you do broseph...

First, you go on an all day all night drunken stupor... I'm talking about starting about 11am. You should be shitfaced by around 4 or so, which is perfect because it's a perfect time to head somewhere for a cheap happy hour where you can get some food and get even more fucked up.

Then, after you are totally trashed, you have sex with as many girls as you can, even if you have to pay for it.

After that, get caught uninating in public. You'll get tossed in the drunk tank over night for public misconduct. HOWEVER, DO NOT DRIVE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. You are trying to get over a girl, not ruin lives.

Finally, get a buddy to take pictures of the whole thing. When you see the photos, you will be so disgusted with yourself that any mention of the girl will make you sick. If you get assraped while in the slammer, it will make things that much easier.

PS... step 3 is optional, but Manny told me it works really well.

Nbadan
05-31-2005, 10:12 PM
At least You'll get to use the cheesy line,"I'm the one banging your old lady!"

:hat

Clandestino
05-31-2005, 10:22 PM
get drunk and bust a move! your buddy will be pissed off if he banged her once or every day. it is his territory and you're invading.\

either way it won't be pretty...

oh yeah, you could just get over her..

bigzak25
05-31-2005, 10:56 PM
so your buddy is only into her casually.

when he finds out you want her, he's going to want her more.

you are making a messy bed for yourself.

apparently, you will not be content until the whole truth is out there,

consequences be damned. so then, stop stalling and go for it.

you've waited this long. wait no more...

and when the shit hits the fan? we told you so. good luck anyway. :smokin

E20
05-31-2005, 11:17 PM
Time is the most potent medicine!

Confused
05-31-2005, 11:38 PM
Well thank you all for your advice. I will think about it a little. Probably talk to her to get her view on their relationship, then go from there.

Probably get the courage to tell her exactly how I feel and see what happens. I hope she takes it well. She probably will, since we are practically brother/sister! Known eachother since elemtary!

Yes, I could tell who you were if I checked your IP -- but I didn't. I respected your privacy because that's what you asked for.

I wouldnt care if you knew who I was, just certain people. But thanks for respecting that! You rock!!

'Night all!

MannyIsGod
06-01-2005, 02:37 AM
Dude, honestly. It really just sounds like you're waiting for someone to tell you to tell her as a form of reassurance. I think you know that it's a bad idea, but if you get people to tell you to do that you'll feel better about it. If it wasn't a bad idea, you'd have a much easier time trying to rationalize it and woulnd't need anyone else's opinion on the subject.

Real life isn't like the movies, and these things never end the way the movies do. Real emotions are a lot more complex, and even if she shares your feelings - and she's given you no indication that is the case - it's going to be a rough road.

I really think you're just reaching out and trying to find someone to tell you what you want to hear so you can run after the girl. You're trying to get a push from someone because you don't want to jump on your own.

I woudln't do it if I were you, I really woudln't. But hey, I'm not a psychologist or therapit - I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express - so it's just my opinion.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-01-2005, 04:35 AM
I say e-mail Dirk Nowitsky and see what he says!! :lmao :lmao :lmao

MaNuMaNiAc
06-01-2005, 04:40 AM
Dude, honestly. It really just sounds like you're waiting for someone to tell you to tell her as a form of reassurance. I think you know that it's a bad idea, but if you get people to tell you to do that you'll feel better about it. If it wasn't a bad idea, you'd have a much easier time trying to rationalize it and woulnd't need anyone else's opinion on the subject.

Real life isn't like the movies, and these things never end the way the movies do. Real emotions are a lot more complex, and even if she shares your feelings - and she's given you no indication that is the case - it's going to be a rough road.

I really think you're just reaching out and trying to find someone to tell you what you want to hear so you can run after the girl. You're trying to get a push from someone because you don't want to jump on your own.

I woudln't do it if I were you, I really woudln't. But hey, I'm not a psychologist or therapit - I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express - so it's just my opinion.WoW! Insightfull shit, coming from Manny?? Did you get hit by a lightning or something, didn't you pay attention to the storm warning!!! :lmao Nah, seriously now, I agree with Manny on this one. Either let her be, or wait until she breaks up or something and endure the pain of having to watch your best friend with the woman you "love". Either way, I think Manny was right in saying that you're just looking for an excuse to tell her how you feel, and if that's the case, then you've already made up your mind.

CosmicCowboy
06-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Well you have been warned.

If she wanted to date you she would have given you some sign in the years before she started dating your friend...

When you spill your guts and she gives you the "I just want to be friends" talk, starts avoiding you like the plague and you realize what an ass you have made of yourself then here is a helpful number...

1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)

They staff it 24 hours a day...

ObiwanGinobili
06-01-2005, 11:51 AM
Probably talk to her to get her view on their relationship, then go from there.

Don't go fishing dude, that is soo obvious.
You think he won't conect that conversation with the one you'd liek to have after it? Heck she might even jump ahead and figure oput why your asking and be totally pissed at your motives, seeing as how you make liek your just coincerned for her.
Be careful.

johnny00
06-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Probably get the courage to tell her exactly how I feel and see what happens. I hope she takes it well. She probably will, since we are practically brother/sister! Known eachother since elemtary!

Dude that statement alone means it's a waste of time.
I mean really, just read the bold lettering those are your words, read it out loud. Now read it again out loud.

Do you hear how stupid it sounds?

You are wasting your time on this chick. How old are you 20? 25? There are plenty of women around at your age that you can nail and/or have a relationship with.

Besides do you really want your friends leftovers??? And if he is your friend it's sort of an unwritten rule not to mess with your friends chick. It's guaranteed to ruin your friendship.

And to risk all this over a women!!!??? Dude it's not worth it.

Manny's right don't be looking for some excuse that gives you permission to fuck up your friendship with this girl and your buddy.

Damn! Work your magic playa! Show some game. Don't settle for something thats there because it's the path of least resistence or convience. Shit sometimes you gotta work to get a girl, not backdoor your friend like a common thief in the night!

LuvBones
06-01-2005, 12:53 PM
I haven't read all the posts but here's some thoughts..

You said ya'll are practically brother/sister. It really should stay that way. I have a friendship that is like that and we both at some point have liked each other but trust me.. it's better you keep it at brother/sister friendship. It may be different with guys but with girls, to have a relationship like that is the greatest and personally I wouldn't want to ever change that so chances are if she's not showing the same interest in you, she wouldn't want to change it either.

Also, I don't understand if you've liked her so long, why you would let your friend make the moves on her. You should have told him that you really liked this girl and I'm sure he would have backed off before it even started. Now you're stuck with this and it seems like your feelings for her grew because of your friend. Have you thought that maybe your feelings for her have grown over jealousy? Because it tends to happen.. You think you're crazy about someone just because they're with someone else.. and then when it's over you realize your feelings really arent that strong. You need to wait out this crush to see what she really means to you.

scott
06-01-2005, 06:05 PM
I disagree with Manny. Life IS like the movies. Get your boombox, dust off the old Tears for Fears CD, and go stand in her drive way and tell her you love her.

Confused
06-03-2005, 12:27 PM
UPDATE:

Well, I have thought about it alot. I also talked to her and got her side of their relationship. And, it is not serious, but I have decided not to tell her how I feel about her yet. I believe if it is meant to be for us to be together, it will happen. So, right now, I am just going to hope for the best, and continue to enjoy the friendship I have with her (I realize how lucky I am to even have her as a friend). It is not gonna be easy, but I am confident that it will all work out in the end!

Oh yeah, thank you Spurs!!! At least for a couple weeks my mind will be preoccupied!

CosmicCowboy
06-03-2005, 12:30 PM
smart decision.

CavsSuperFan
06-03-2005, 12:34 PM
Kirk Reynolds... (http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/06/01/MNGHQD1IOT1.DTL&type=printable)

I downloaded these 49er videos & found them to be very helpful...
The guy should write a Dear Abby Column or something... :smokin

Useruser666
06-03-2005, 12:52 PM
!st. In some states brothers/sisters can be boyfriends/girlfriends.

2nd. I hate to say this, but you should trell your friend how you feel about her. And then barring some unusual circumstances, tell her too. You may lose both as friends, but at least you will kill that doubt that is strangling your brain. It's tough either way.

SWC Bonfire
06-03-2005, 12:55 PM
!st. In some states brothers/sisters can be boyfriends/girlfriends.

Not in this one, buster. :nope

Get in line behind about half of the forum and get a date with Vanessa Mecias.

tlongII
06-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Try masturbating more frequently.

johnny00
06-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Try masturbating more frequently.
Choke the chicken
Flog the dolphin
Pound the puppy

SpursWoman
06-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Get in line behind about half of the forum and get a date with Vanessa Mecias.

Bad idea. :)

Edit: Oh, wait...were you talking about User or Confused? :lol :oops

MI21
06-05-2005, 09:27 AM

Genius in it's simplicity :lol

Dude, just tell her how you feel. Seems I'm a similar age to you and in the last 18 months I went through the exact same situation, barring the whole "she's with my best friend" stuff. I managed to gather the confidence to just tell her and believe me, it feels like the weight of the world has been lifted of your shoulders. It really is amazing.

PS - What's with all the secret stuff with the new user name etc...this girl isn't Kori is it? :lol timvp won't like that :makemyday

B.AlMighty
06-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Pray that I get your email.

Confused
06-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Alright, now this girl is totally single, and I am still madly, deeply in love w/ her! We have been spending alot of time together lately and there have been moments where we will be talking or whatever and we will just stop and look in eachothers eyes, or the smiles, glances, catching eachothers eyes from accros the room. All kinda stuff that I once (and still kind of do) thought were totally stupid and cheesy! I am pretty sure she feels the same way about me, BUT I am still going to wait for a little bit. I dont want to rush into anything. I think if it is meant to be, then it will happen.

So, just wanted to let you all know whats been happening, even though most of you prolly dont gave a rats behind, I just feel a little better letting it out.

So, hopefully it will work out, if not, I still have an amazing friend/sister!!

bigzak25
06-08-2005, 05:28 PM
interesting turn of developments...and in only a week too...good job.

congrats and good luck....don't wait too long though. :smokin

Confused
06-08-2005, 05:38 PM
congrats and good luck....don't wait too long though. :smokin

Yeah, thats the hardest part, telling her. Even though I think that she feels the same way, I have been wrong before about these kinds of things. And I just dont want to lose a very good friend. Oh well, just gotta get the balls to do it!

tlongII
06-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Sounds like the frequent masturbation is doing the trick...

Lady Marmalade
06-08-2005, 06:55 PM
i really need more details...but i will add these lyrics for you to ponder.

"It does not bother me to say this isn't love
Because if you don't want to talk about it then it isn't love
and I guess I'm going to have to live with that
but, I'm sure there's something in a shade of gray
or something in between"

more from the same song ...
"You try to tell yourself the things you try tell yourself to make
yourself forget"

Confused
06-08-2005, 07:01 PM
Sorry Lady M, I dont get it. lol

Faccia di Angelo
06-08-2005, 08:38 PM
i really need more details...but i will add these lyrics for you to ponder.

"It does not bother me to say this isn't love
Because if you don't want to talk about it then it isn't love
and I guess I'm going to have to live with that
but, I'm sure there's something in a shade of gray
or something in between"

more from the same song ...
"You try to tell yourself the things you try tell yourself to make
yourself forget"

Anna Begins...
Thats a great song for sure.

Sorry you don't get it Cofused, but I think I get what Lady M is saying. They definitely had me thinking..lol

"The time when kindness falls like rain
It washes me away. And Anna begins to change my mind.
And everytime she sneezes I believe it's love and,
Oh lord, I'm not ready for this sort of thing.

She's talking in her sleep.
It's keeping me awake. And Anna begins to toss and turn.
And every word is nonsense but I understand and,
Oh lord, I'm not ready for this sort of thing."

Dre_7
06-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Just tell her and get it over with homie!!! :)