PDA

View Full Version : Pop: I only watch Bonner when he’s shooting 3s. Anything else, I hide my eyes.

lurker23
02-14-2011, 12:32 PM
I usually find myself defending Matt Bonner around here, but I thought this quote was pretty funny:

When asked about Matt Bonner's instructional video, Coach B:

“I only try to watch Matt Bonner when he’s shooting threes,” Popovich said. “Anything else he does, I hide my eyes.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/02/14/popovich-minding-minutes/

TampaDude
02-14-2011, 12:35 PM
:lol

JR3
02-14-2011, 12:38 PM
I knew pop was in denial about the rest of bonner's game. lol

concken
02-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Did anyone else see Bonner's drive to the basket against Washington where he went between the legs? I thought that was so funny.

DesignatedT
02-14-2011, 01:49 PM
:lol

Blake
02-14-2011, 02:42 PM
yeah, when Bonner fakes the three and drives to the hoop, it makes me nervous.

very similar to when Bowen did the same thing.

Blackjack
02-14-2011, 02:53 PM
The funny thing about it is, for as goofy and pasty as he looks doing it, Matt's an extremely talented player for his size. Great shooter from just about anywhere and he can do things with the ball most his size can't - even if it looks ridiculous half the time.

boutons_deux
02-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Bruce developed some surprising shots in this last couple seasons.

Matt's also showing some surprising variety.

Old Dogs Learn New Tricks

FkLA
02-14-2011, 03:10 PM
The funny thing about it is, for as goofy and pasty as he looks doing it, Matt's an extremely talented player for his size. Great shooter from just about anywhere and he can do things with the ball most his size can't - even if it looks ridiculous half the time.

+1

he looks goofy as all hell putting the ball on the floor, but he'll rarely turn it over...his handles are actually decent for a guy his size and with his hair color.

Sigz
02-14-2011, 04:28 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/307pvzr.gif

LOL that is hilarious.

Trill Clinton
02-14-2011, 04:31 PM

co-sign...bonner has exceptional handles for a big.

Seventyniner
02-14-2011, 04:35 PM

That running flip shot goes down a pretty good % of the time, and when he hits it it's nearly always a swish.

You're right about it looking completely ridiculous, though.

Blackjack
02-14-2011, 04:48 PM
If basketball were played on one end of the court without a defender, Matt Bonner would own.

Real talk. Get that dude in the H-O-R-S-E/G-E-I-C-O/B-A-C-K-W-A-R-D-S-F-I-G-H-T-I-N-G-P-U-S-S-Y-M-A-G-A-Z-I-N-E competition (or whoever ends up sponsoring it).

Solid D
02-14-2011, 06:29 PM
It's nice to know that Pop joins the club. Hide your eyes when Matty:
Tries to rebound
Tries to play D
Tries to dunk
Tries to switch a screen
Goes straight up with his arms and bends back like a willow tree

BackHome
02-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Some reporter asked Pop why he liked Bonner his respond "He put ball in whole" that had me laughing so hard. Gotta love Pop and his one lines but Bonner is having a very good year for us and I think he can actually improve his game a little.

Agloco
02-14-2011, 09:59 PM
yeah, when Bonner fakes the three and drives to the hoop, it makes me nervous.

very similar to when Bowen did the same thing.

+1

100 times out of 100 disaster ensues.

pawe
02-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Bruce developed some surprising shots in this last couple seasons.

Bruce was an offensive player in his European league days so Im pretty sure he got the moves going to the basket.

- I like Bonner's semi hook shot. I saw him practicing it before tip off against the suns in the playoffs and he was being guarded by dice and Bonner is hitting each and every shot over Dice.

jjktkk
02-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Bruce was an offensive player in his European league days so Im pretty sure he got the moves going to the basket.

Not really, or Bowen never showed it off. Bowen looked unorthodox whenever he had to dribble and try to score from insdie the 3 point line imo.

lefty
02-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Pop probably went blind tonight