PDA

View Full Version : DAMN Malik sucks..

TwelveGs210
02-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Man, Im seriously beginning to hate the road games because of this stuttering, retarded fuckhead. He has almost no confidence in his presentation, his jokes blow, and he makes Sean Elliott look amazing. I loved his playing days, and appreciate his contributions over the years, but god damn he sucks as a commentator. Cant wait for the road trip to end!

spurs10
02-14-2011, 07:59 PM
???

DMC
02-14-2011, 08:17 PM
He sounds a LOT like Walt "Clyde" Frazier without the flowery lingo.

Hoops Czar
02-14-2011, 08:21 PM
stuttering, retarded fuckhead

Put the game on mute.

DMC
02-14-2011, 08:23 PM
Regular season games are already moot.

/Lefty

yavozerb
02-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Man, Im seriously beginning to hate the road games because of this stuttering, retarded fuckhead. He has almost no confidence in his presentation, his jokes blow, and he makes Sean Elliott look amazing. I loved his playing days, and appreciate his contributions over the years, but god damn he sucks as a commentator. Cant wait for the road trip to end!

Considering this is his 1st season announcing games I think he's alright..Dont watch the game if it bothers you so much

TwelveGs210
02-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Put the game on mute.

Put my dick on your tongue.

Blackjack
02-14-2011, 08:30 PM
He does sound like Clyde. I said the same thing a while back.

I don't really give a damn. I love the guy (on the record) and can bear with his growing pains. Don't need the game explained to me and if you can get through all of the stammering and trying to find the right words, he actually does give you a little insight from time to time - he's probably got a better feel than Sean for the play-calling and mindset of this current Spurs team having been able to play with the Big 3.

Basically, OP, you suck for saying Malik sucks in a thread title.

Jobu will hear of this . . .

TwelveGs210
Lol @ "he's alright"..please, that fool reminds me of the old Chris Farley talk show host from SNL wheres hes constantly fumbling over his own words, fucking up his punch lines, and shit..Sean is miles above him, even in his first year.

Hoops Czar
stuttering, retarded fuckhead

Put my dick on your tongue.

Sorry, I don't do queer.

TwelveGs210
02-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I get the reciever vibe from you.

yavozerb
02-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Lol @ "he's alright"..please, that fool reminds me of the old Chris Farley talk show host from SNL wheres hes constantly fumbling over his own words, fucking up his punch lines, and shit..Sean is miles above him, even in his first year.

Do you watch spurs games for the announcers or the actual game? I could care less who is announcing as long as I can see my spurs.

BackHome
02-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Geez why would he want to put his dick on your tongue....am on the right website? Or did I get highjacked to some gay forum?

TwelveGs210
02-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Sorry, you dont have to play with the team, to be good at calling games for them..thats not a great selling point..

lefty
02-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Regular season games are already moot.

/DMC

OMG

DMC, so funny :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

ohmwrecker
02-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Damn. OP sucks.

jimo2305
02-14-2011, 09:45 PM
he's been gettin' better

DMC
02-14-2011, 09:46 PM
OMG

DMC, so funny :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
:lol

DMC
02-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Rose is annoying but I like him. He's a different take, not polished but neither is Charles and I've liked him for a long time. I would like for Malik to cut loose some but he's probably restricted.

Btw, welcome newcomer Charles Outlaw :lol

lil'mo
02-14-2011, 09:48 PM
lol, go suck a dick then twelvegs210

Barfunk
02-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Leek ain't that bad..... He's just there chilling, calling the game

Big P
02-14-2011, 09:57 PM
He is pretty brutal.

Sec24Row7
02-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Malik isn't smart... certainly not as smart as Charles... unpolished and average isn't as good as unpolished and smart.

my2sons
02-14-2011, 10:52 PM
just another to add to ignore list

Cessation
02-14-2011, 10:56 PM
i agree malik sucks, but not as bad as frazier and the celtic homer geezer announcer

Spur|n|Austin
02-14-2011, 11:18 PM
I gotta say, I'm pretty ready for Sean to be back.

Stringer_Bell
02-14-2011, 11:23 PM
He is pretty rough to listen to sometimes, but he does have his good moments. My favorite being "a black australian? is that even possible? that's amazing, that's like a four leaf clover!" when referring to a black player from australia. I laughed.

mazerrackham
02-15-2011, 12:39 AM
Malik isn't smart... certainly not as smart as Charles... unpolished and average isn't as good as unpolished and smart.

really? Charles Barkley is smart? he fooled me...

Sense
02-15-2011, 12:49 AM
He does sound like Clyde. I said the same thing a while back.

I don't really give a damn. I love the guy (on the record) and can bear with his growing pains. Don't need the game explained to me and if you can get through all of the stammering and trying to find the right words, he actually does give you a little insight from time to time - he's probably got a better feel than Sean for the play-calling and mindset of this current Spurs team having been able to play with the Big 3.

Basically, OP, you suck for saying Malik sucks in a thread title.

Jobu will hear of this . . .

One of my first threads on this forum was about Malik Rose, and I pretty much said he sucked and made the Spurs worse, dead weight... etc etc etc.

I don't regret any of that, he's like another Madsen, just horrible player that only helps in certain situations with the hyping and all that crap but sucked throughout his career...

anyways, he sucks as a commentator as well.. I can't say I like the guy.

Blackjack
02-15-2011, 12:53 AM
One of my first threads on this forum was about Malik Rose, and I pretty much said he sucked and made the Spurs worse, dead weight... etc etc etc.

I don't regret any of that, he's like another Madsen, just horrible player that only helps in certain situations with the hyping and all that crap but sucked throughout his career...

That post sucks.

xellos88330
02-15-2011, 12:56 AM
Leave rose alone!!!! I am serious!!! Leave him alone!!!

:lmao:

gospursgojas
02-15-2011, 01:35 AM
I like Malik man...hes still fairly new to broadcasting man....he'll get better man.

Its funny how 2 games in a row he called Charlotte's team the Hornets.

Man.

Sec24Row7
02-15-2011, 01:38 AM
really? Charles Barkley is smart? he fooled me...

Charles has a really high B-ball IQ.

Watch tape of him running the Suns offense from the post in the early 90's.

Malik Rose doesn't have a high basketball IQ... watch tape of him... well being Malik Rose his entire career.

Russ
02-15-2011, 01:43 AM
Did you ever hear Lance Blanks?

I'm pretty amazed at how quick Malik is. He'll be a regular broadcaster for some team (maybe OKC) pretty soon.

gospursgojas
02-15-2011, 01:44 AM
Charles has a really high B-ball IQ.

Watch tape of him running the Suns offense from the post in the early 90's.

Malik Rose doesn't have a high basketball IQ... watch tape of him... well being Malik Rose his entire career.

I like Malik and appreciate what he brought to the Spurs 99-03. I will never forget him throwing a stupid pass from half-court to baseline out of bounds and then covering his face with his jersey while Darius Songila (his man) leaked out for an easy lay up. And he looked all suprised. Pop benched him and that was the end of Malik and his SPurs playing days.

gospursgojas
02-15-2011, 01:47 AM
Sean>Malik>Hughes>PJ>Detrich>>>>Blanks

Honorable Mention: Sean Marks

UnWantedTheory
02-15-2011, 02:20 AM
He is pretty rough to listen to sometimes, but he does have his good moments. My favorite being "a black australian? is that even possible? that's amazing, that's like a four leaf clover!" when referring to a black player from australia. I laughed.

UnWantedTheory
02-15-2011, 02:22 AM
This thread has easy deuce all over it.

Blake
02-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Sean>Malik>Hughes>PJ>Detrich>>>>Blanks

Honorable Mention: Sean Marks

>>>>>Vinny Del Negro

I think PJ was real knowledgable but his voice was so gruff, I couldnt understand him half the time.

dbreiden83080
02-15-2011, 12:01 PM
And Sean Elliott is no Walt Clyde Frazier..

It is what it is..

DAF86
02-15-2011, 12:03 PM
It could be worse, timvp could be the one commenting the game.

fantasyfootball
02-15-2011, 12:52 PM

Ok you obviously never watched Malik play. Don't take Malik as an announcer and turn it into he wasn't a good player.

Malik was amazing for the Spurs for a lot of years and Pop fucked up by getting rid of him.

He was undersized but he could do everything. I don't know if anyone wants to remember this now that it's Malik bashing time but he was actually the only one that could guard Shaq on the Spurs - not the two hall of famers. Amazingly, he was also the best at going out on the perimeter and guarding Dirk and Dirk couldn't back him down in the post for gimmes.

He developed a solid jumpshot toward the end of his Spurs career but my impression is Pop hated it. I still don't know why Pop hated Malik and got rid of him ASAP. It made no sense because he was producing big time results on the court.

There's a reason the Spurs gave him a $42 million contract. They had to because he was so effective. After that contract, Pop was ready to ship him out of town.

Nobody ever did answer why the Spurs do-everything forward was run out of the building (how idiotic would it be if it was because of 1 stupid play). He brought energy, rebounds, defense, hustle, strength and toughness. He wouldn't back down from Shaq in him prime and actually got the better of him many times - everybody else was either afraid of Shaq or got abused down low by him.

As for him being an announcer, no he isn't that good but not everyone is a natural like Sean. Once he listens to himself more and gets more comfortable, he'll improve. I appreciate that he has less of a filter than Sean and that he's tough enough to handle 40 degree weather. I personally think he's ok because it's interesting to hear what his opinion is on different players moves. For example, his analysis on Blair is always interesting because they are very similar in some regards.

I can't believe Malik's impact is already watered down/forgotten. He was huge for the Spurs. If he was playing today, you guys would be going crazy.

Blake
02-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Malik was amazing for the Spurs for a lot of years and Pop fucked up by getting rid of him.

how many rings would the Spurs would have won had Malik stayed?

spurs10
02-15-2011, 01:31 PM
That post sucks.
Agreed....

TwelveGs210
02-16-2011, 01:54 AM
Looks like the majority agrees Malik blows as a commentator..looking forward to getting Sean back as well..

I laugh when they show the full body shot of Land and Rose, and Malik cant keep his free hand down, his nervousness has him constantly fidgeting. It reminds me of Talladega Nights when he cant stop grabbing the mic..

PM5K
02-16-2011, 01:57 AM
He's pretty meh, sounds like he has a lisp sometimes or something.

TwelveGs210
02-16-2011, 02:02 AM
He's pretty meh, sounds like he has a lisp sometimes or something. lmao, my chick swears he's homo.

Buddy Holly
02-16-2011, 03:19 AM
I have no problem with Rose and prefer him over any other of Sean's road trip replacements by a long shot.

FkLA
02-16-2011, 05:02 AM
Ok you obviously never watched Malik play. Don't take Malik as an announcer and turn it into he wasn't a good player.

He was undersized but he could do everything. I don't know if anyone wants to remember this now that it's Malik bashing time but he was actually the only one that could guard Shaq on the Spurs - not the two hall of famers. Amazingly, he was also the best at going out on the perimeter and guarding Dirk and Dirk couldn't back him down in the post for gimmes.

He developed a solid jumpshot toward the end of his Spurs career but my impression is Pop hated it. I still don't know why Pop hated Malik and got rid of him ASAP. It made no sense because he was producing big time results on the court.

There's a reason the Spurs gave him a $42 million contract. They had to because he was so effective. After that contract, Pop was ready to ship him out of town.

Nobody ever did answer why the Spurs do-everything forward was run out of the building (how idiotic would it be if it was because of 1 stupid play). He brought energy, rebounds, defense, hustle, strength and toughness. He wouldn't back down from Shaq in him prime and actually got the better of him many times - everybody else was either afraid of Shaq or got abused down low by him.

As for him being an announcer, no he isn't that good but not everyone is a natural like Sean. Once he listens to himself more and gets more comfortable, he'll improve. I appreciate that he has less of a filter than Sean and that he's tough enough to handle 40 degree weather. I personally think he's ok because it's interesting to hear what his opinion is on different players moves. For example, his analysis on Blair is always interesting because they are very similar in some regards.

I can't believe Malik's impact is already watered down/forgotten. He was huge for the Spurs. If he was playing today, you guys would be going crazy.

Great post. Before Manu developed, Rose was our energy guy off the bench. Very versatile and was a strong sixth man of the yr candidate for a good stretch during the early 2000s. Loved the Spurs and the city too, and from what Ive read was one of the most vocal and easy going players on the team...he even hosted Robinson's jersey retirement if I remember correctly. One of my favorites Spurs tbh.

As far as his announcing goes, he's improving...he's already improved tons since his first game he did in Minny which was truly brutal. In time he should be a solid announcer, probably not Elliott, but still pretty good in his own right.

TwelveGs210
02-16-2011, 09:53 AM
I have no problem with Rose and prefer him over any other of Sean's road trip replacements by a long shot.
I'm sorry, but if I had to choose, it would be PJ Carlesimo ANY day of the week over this fucking scared retard. I dont know what PJ is up to these days, but I would welcome him back, thats for sure. I bet Mario Elie would KILL Malik in the booth. Shit..Samaki Walker would be an upgrade, and I cant remember even hearing him talk, just his trademark yell during a weak dunk..

DMC
02-16-2011, 10:03 AM
Isn't PJ an assistant coach in Minnesota?

concken
02-16-2011, 01:43 PM
That is correct.

Spurs Brazil
02-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Isn't PJ an assistant coach in Minnesota?

Toronto

concken
02-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Yea I guess there could be worse. After listening to Sean for however long, it's hard to get used to Malik for a 9-game RT. I just wish Sean would travel. I wonder what Bill Land thinks of Malik. It just seems like his mouth moves quicker than his brain sometimes.

concken
02-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Toronto

Damn, I coulda sworn DMC was right. When was the last time we played Toronto other than a few games ago? I though I saw Bill Land interviewing PJ before the game earlier this season, and thought it was with Minn.

TwelveGs210
02-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Lol, I agree, Malik's mind does work faster than his mouth. He needs to take a Xanax, it will kill his nerves, and calm him down a little, he gets so worked up..Not everyone is cut out to be an announcer though, who knows how it will turn out.

As far as the question about what Bill Land thinks about Malik, he doesn't have much room to question other people himself. His stupid "oooh-e pooo-e" and "ohhhhhh maaama" are not tight at all. He's supposed to be the statistical guy, and we need the witty, entertaining, yet knowledgable personality to contrast with him, and at this point the combo with Land isnt working. I would prefer hearing Charles Barkley call our game, hating the whole time on us, just for the fact he is confident with his opinions (even if they are stupid sometimes) but bottom line he is entertaining. I know the real entertainment is the game, but its nice to have something to listen to during the game.

How far off is the radio broadcast, compared to the TV broadcast? That could be an option for the road games as well.

Blackjack
02-17-2011, 12:55 PM
You bringing out the paddles to keep this one alive. :rollin

TwelveGs210
02-17-2011, 01:31 PM
well theres posts available celebrating peoples 5000th post, or Rapper requesting you to vote Tim Duncan into the next 5 years worth of All-Star games if you prefer.

ohmwrecker
02-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Acquiescence tbh . . .

TwelveGs210
02-17-2011, 01:36 PM
LMFAO @ response within 5 seconds Ohm, congrats, BTW

4down
02-17-2011, 04:09 PM
He sounds a LOT like Walt "Clyde" Frazier without the flowery lingo.

This

ohmwrecker
02-17-2011, 04:32 PM
LMFAO @ response within 5 seconds Ohm, congrats, BTW

I was responding to Blackjack . . . complete coincidence.

DMC
02-17-2011, 05:47 PM
I do love listening to Walt though. You never know what word he's going to use out of context. "That shot was serendipitous at the onset, however it became tumultuous near it's precipice, becoming egregious" or something.

Cane
02-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Malik gets a pass for referencing Seraph from the Matrix when talking about Kevin Seraphin. Probably one of the geekiest sportscasting moments ever.

I like Malik's firsthand experience with the Spurs but he doesn't have as much chemistry with Bill like Sean does. Those two together form a very biased but entertaining homer experience whereas Malik's style is still getting there.

BlairForceDejuan
02-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Malik made a ketchup/catch-up joke that was on point a couple weeks ago. :downspin:

Libri
02-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Malik said that RJ was standing in the corner like a roach.