PDA

View Full Version : Play at the end of 3rd quarter sums it all up...

Spurfect21
02-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Nobody will really be talking about this at all, but if you have the game recorded on DVR or Tivo or whatever the hell you use... rewind it to the end of the 3rd quarter of tonight's game vs. the Nets. The Spurs, up by 14 and rolling were guarding against the last shot. There was a loose ball after a missed shot by the Nets, Gary Neal and George Hill sacrificed their bodies to make sure the Nets didn't get to that ball. They both laid out showing what true heart and passion this team has. That was not it...Pop got a lot more animated than he usually does cuz he gets that this play is exactly what he teaches the guys to be all about. He actually got hyped for this and so did Manu. Anybody that has ever played basketball or been close to a good team knows how good that feels to see what your team will do for each other. It's not a highlight play and won't show up in the stat sheet but that play sums up the season our guys are having and shows why they are mentally ready to bring the trophy back home... These boys are hungry right now and it really shows!!! :lobt2:

Mr. Body
02-14-2011, 10:35 PM
:toast

TampaDude
02-14-2011, 10:37 PM
We're winning it all this year, and nobody, NOBODY, is going to stop us!!!!!

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

DMC
02-14-2011, 11:38 PM
Nobody will really be talking about this at all, but if you have the game recorded on DVR or Tivo or whatever the hell you use... rewind it to the end of the 3rd quarter of tonight's game vs. the Nets. The Spurs, up by 14 and rolling were guarding against the last shot. There was a loose ball after a missed shot by the Nets, Gary Neal and George Hill sacrificed their bodies to make sure the Nets didn't get to that ball. They both laid out showing what true heart and passion this team has. That was not it...Pop got a lot more animated than he usually does cuz he gets that this play is exactly what he teaches the guys to be all about. He actually got hyped for this and so did Manu. Anybody that has ever played basketball or been close to a good team knows how good that feels to see what your team will do for each other. It's not a highlight play and won't show up in the stat sheet but that play sums up the season our guys are having and shows why they are mentally ready to bring the trophy back home... These boys are hungry right now and it really shows!!! :lobt2:

Pop just sits there when Tim or Tony makes a fantastic move to the rim and finishes strong, even if it's a 3pt play. He comes unglued when they hustle on defense up top and put the screws to the opposition at key moments.

He sees things differently than most coaches. There are only a very few great ones still doing it, he's one of them.

If someone has that, could you please post it? I saw it but would like to see it again. I need a DVR... bleh

Spurfect21
02-15-2011, 06:02 AM
Pop just sits there when Tim or Tony makes a fantastic move to the rim and finishes strong, even if it's a 3pt play. He comes unglued when they hustle on defense up top and put the screws to the opposition at key moments.

He sees things differently than most coaches. There are only a very few great ones still doing it, he's one of them.

If someone has that, could you please post it? I saw it but would like to see it again. I need a DVR... bleh

Random play like that might be hard to find on YouTube...actually pretty much impossible to find...

DrSteffo
02-15-2011, 06:31 AM
Cheers mate :flag:

cutewizard
02-15-2011, 06:31 AM
go Spurs gooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

celldweller
02-15-2011, 09:08 AM
We're winning it all this year, and nobody, NOBODY, is going to stop us!!!!!

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

but, but.......the Lakers have size! :rolleyes

TampaDude
02-15-2011, 09:33 AM
but, but.......the Lakers have size! :rolleyes

The only thing the Lakers have that is bigger than the Spurs this year is the number in the loss column. :lol

tmtcsc
02-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Yeah, I noticed that play too and replayed it over a couple of times. Manu went looking for RJ to give him props and Pop was complimenting his guys for the hustle to end the quarter.

Manu appreciated the desire shown by the boys to deny the other team some points.

hater
02-15-2011, 10:02 AM
yup. Pop had a boner when he got up from his seat. Bad ass team hustle.

I rewond and watched that like 5 times.

hater
02-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Duncan was pleased too. He didn't say anything but was the first to jump out of his seat.

DBMethos
02-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Yep, I noticed that everyone was fired up after George and Gary dove to the floor like that...good stuff.

Spurfect21
02-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Yeah I played it over like 5 times...lucky to have a team like that in our city!

JR3
02-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Man I'm proud to be a Spurs fan. How can you be a bandwagoner with the Spurs? Once you see how its really done, why would you jump on the next bandwagon? I have never been on a wagon before, but I would just think that this is the last stop for people who do ride wagons.

boutons_deux
02-15-2011, 10:47 AM
I don't know if it was after that on-the-floor ball-grabbing, but at one timeout when the Spurs came to the bench, the normally phlegmatic, laid-back (at least is recent years) very-pleased Pop went out of his way to give each guy a congratulatory pat on the butt.

Kool Bob Love
02-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Yeah I played it over like 5 times...lucky to have a team like that in our city!

Same here. I love it.:toast

I expect many more plays like this come playoff time.:ihit:flag:

Slomo
02-15-2011, 11:43 AM
QhiTjWKXlDE

Trill Clinton
02-15-2011, 11:54 AM
That's Spurs basketball for you:toast

Budkin
02-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Great clip... love this team!

cheguevara
02-15-2011, 12:10 PM
this is what makes teams scary. You see this hustle from the Celtics. If Spurs can play like this, they will scare ppl.

Budkin
02-15-2011, 12:16 PM
this is what makes teams scary. You see this hustle from the Celtics. If Spurs can play like this, they will scare ppl.

The Celtics are the only team in the league that scare me. I pray that someone else can knock them out in the playoffs, because if we have to play them it's going to be hella tough.

Dark Matter
02-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by cheguevara View Post

The Celtics are the only team in the league that scare me. I pray that someone else can knock them out in the playoffs, because if we have to play them it's going to be hella tough.

This is why the Fifth Ball is really going to be sweet :lobt2:.
It will be truly balls to the wall. I wouldn't want it any other way :flag:. This Finals will be all about who makes the fewest mistakes. It's support you team time Ladies and Gents. LEAVE YOUR ATTENTION WHORING, BANDWAGON, SECOND GUESSING WAYS outside the Spurs forum. Post that shit in the NBA forum. Some of you are so short sighted. Try to reflect some of the character that this team represents the remainder of the year. We are truly the first global team in the NBA. Show some class to the world. If we should lose to Boston in the finals, so be it. We lost to the best team. Until then, Fuck'em. OK, I feel better:king.

honestfool84
02-15-2011, 02:14 PM
i loved that, thank you, Slomo, for posting that video.

if the Spurs can give that intensity for 48 minutes... we're gonna be one dang tough team to beat.

jimo2305
02-15-2011, 02:41 PM
yep stuff like that makes me proud to be a fan of this team :)

TampaDude
02-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Yup...Spurs over Celtics for :lobt2: #5.

Wouldn't have it any other way. :hat

m33p0
02-15-2011, 06:51 PM

i would love that match up precisely because it'll be hell. :ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit

Tigole Bitties
02-15-2011, 07:31 PM
that was an awesome defensive "blue-collar" sequence.

awktalk
02-16-2011, 12:04 AM

I totally don't get this. The Celts look so vulnerable, especially on their home floor. They got bootstomped at home by the Lakers who have looked like total shit lately. Their offense and rebounding is horrible. They are 20th in the league in PPG. Their rebounding is absolutely horribly horrifically horrible at 29th in the league.

Yeah, their defense is great, and "defense wins ships" and all that, but not when your offense and rebounding is so fucking horrible. Unless 3 of their big 4 are on offensively, their chances of winning any given game is in doubt.

m33p0
02-16-2011, 06:16 PM
I totally don't get this. The Celts look so vulnerable, especially on their home floor. They got bootstomped at home by the Lakers who have looked like total shit lately. Their offense and rebounding is horrible. They are 20th in the league in PPG. Their rebounding is absolutely horribly horrifically horrible at 29th in the league.

Yeah, their defense is great, and "defense wins ships" and all that, but not when your offense and rebounding is so fucking horrible. Unless 3 of their big 4 are on offensively, their chances of winning any given game is in doubt.

slowest tempo + best shooting percentage = less rebounds to be had.

temujin
02-16-2011, 06:26 PM
I actually liked better Pop calling a time out 60'' into the game, to yell at DUNCAN (Tim Duncan) because he had missed on a help.
Against the Nets.
47' to go.
Tim Duncan.

DMC
02-16-2011, 07:03 PM
QhiTjWKXlDE

Thank you sir! :toast

GSH
02-16-2011, 07:39 PM
I was glad to see that someone posted about that play. There was absolutely no chance that those guys could have gotten the ball and put up a shot. They went to the floor hard, just to prevent the Nets from getting a last shot opportunity. And who knows? Someone could have squirrelled in a buzzer-beating 3 pointer and given the Nets some momentum going into the 4th quarter. That was an awesome play.

pjjrfan
02-16-2011, 07:47 PM
yep it was a a truly awesome sight. and seeing Pop really acknowledge that effort but more impressive is how the guys are still talking about what they did or didn't do, wow.

DMC
02-16-2011, 08:53 PM
yep it was a a truly awesome sight. and seeing Pop really acknowledge that effort but more impressive is how the guys are still talking about what they did or didn't do, wow.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168049&highlight=applauds+effort

wildbill2u
02-16-2011, 09:51 PM
yep stuff like that makes me proud to be a fan of this team :)

Man, that is some cool Supre Hero stuff at the sig at the bottom.:worthy:

KenziE
02-16-2011, 10:19 PM
the CZAR sounded he had a boner as well hehe